• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danmachi - 11

Actually not much happenned during this episode aside from a conclusion that was expected and some more world building. I guess i'm fine with it , despite
DanMachi%20-%2011.jpg
THIS

Those were glorious tears of envy.

For the first two novels yes, but they've changed over time.

Here's one from Volume 10.5

Also yay for getting a Volume 12 sneak peek for episode 12-13. It makes up for volume 12 being delayed until the 24th. As for the actual episode, I wish the pacing had slowed down a little, but they didn't cut anything major (Megurin showing up with Haruno and Saki conversation. Why do they always skip Saki's scenes? ;_;). Oh well, still a good episode that is actually bringing the "rom" part of this series to light.
That's awesome what we have now is pretty much the same as that newer art.

As for your last point, we forget that the title of the show is after all "My Teen Romantic Comedy". To those saying there won't be a winner, I say that would be going against the title :p Also this last episode really did set the ship in motion towards that path, season 3 would probably be all about them getting ready to graduate and part ways, all while Hachi and you know who get closer.

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch

Super cute slice of life about 4 girls in an art club. Though the art club isn't exactly a focus of the show, it's very slice of life based with the girls, Yuno-chi, Miya-chan, Hiro and Sae just living out their lives in high school. The sensei for the art class is beautiful and excentric Yoshinoya-Sensei; she's pretty amazing and the mystery behind her is very intriguing, I hope the other seasons of Hidamari Sketch delve into her backstory some more.

I love the chibi forms of the cast when they're doing things in an exaggerated way, especially the face reactions, they're so funny, cute and adorable!! ~

I also love the art style used in Hidamari Sketch, it's very cute and colorful. Big cute eyes and great expressions. I also love how the artists used real life objects and food when they felt necessary, the blend of anime and real life works surprisingly well. I also like it when the art looks like it's being magnified into dots of RGB, really interesting and unique style that I haven't seen much if anywhere before.

The OP used for Hidamari Sketch is pretty good, verging on really really incredible. It's the ED that really shines for me though, I love the slower paced music and the vocalist is beautiful to listen to. The anime itself uses music well enough, though even after watching the anime, I can't recall many scenes where it stands out.

Another great slice of life anime that has some length to it, considering there are 3 more seasons to watch, so I'm pretty excited to see what happens.

Would not recommend if you don't like slower shows, since Hidamari isn't always on the comedic attack or anything; there are also ecchi scenes, mostly taking place in the bath houses and bathing scenes, of which there are plenty (Wasn't expecting this, but I enjoyed it regardless).

The only thing I'd like to see expanded upon in the later series is the inclusion of more art. I feel like Sketchbook ~Full Color's~ handled that better.

I really like Hidamari Sketch though, it's fun and the cast of characters makes it great to watch, especially Yoshinoya-Sensei, the sieyuu for her has a super kawaii voice!! Even if it may be slow, I don't find it dull, then again, shows like this are never dull for me because I like them to begin with!

Looking forward to more Hidamari Sketch, for sure!

10/10.

NISEKOI S2 - 10

What have you done with my comedy , nisekoi ?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT ??

But i guess i can accept some tsugumi screen time.

Midonin

I like Fairy Tail fairly well - it's the only one of these long-running battle series I've followed - but ever since the manga adaptation started up again, the show feels really different. From least to most important, relatively - The previews have serious descriptions of what's to come instead of witty banter. (Though it is a serious arc.) The color palette is more washed out than before. And the show is relying on KRDK-style recaps a little too much. This week's episode - 237 - took about four and a half minutes before it got to the opening credits, recapping stuff going back to the very beginning of the arc.

I'm not going to stop watching it, but it feels like the show's new direction could be tightened up in a few places.

I like Fairy Tail fairly well - it's the only one of these long-running battle series I've followed - but ever since the manga adaptation started up again, the show feels really different. From least to most important, relatively - The previews have serious descriptions of what's to come instead of witty banter. (Though it is a serious arc.) The color palette is more washed out than before. And the show is relying on KRDK-style recaps a little too much. This week's episode - 237 - took about four and a half minutes before it got to the opening credits, recapping stuff going back to the very beginning of the arc.

I'm not going to stop watching it, but it feels like the show's new direction could be tightened up in a few places.
One peice suffered ( and still suffers ) from the same problem at times. So hard to get the right pacing when you're so close to your source material.

But the blandest girl got taken home at the end of the day, which is all that matters.

Fixed

Regarding Hayama, I guess he's being forced to
1) be with someone he doesn't want to be with 2) choose a career path his parents are lining up for him that he doesnt want
3) both? Hikki definitely got under his skin when he suggested Hayama is using Miura to ward other girls away from him. I wonder how likely that is.

I am okay with this and it's true. Yui is way too attached in my opinion. She is doing this to herself and I believe she's the one trying to play catch up. Like
how Yukino uses glasses because she needs them, but seeing how Hachi liked Yuki's look she said she needed a pair too.
There's more situations like this in which Yui tries to "force herself" into his field of view all throughout the seasons. I mean I give her credit since she is trying really hard, I think Hachi needs to be the one putting a break on it.

Iroha on the other hand is like a tornado. She is way too hyper and foxy for him. He can't get a handle on her, and she is a bit of a faker. I liked her a lot and I was part of #teamIroha, but I gotta admit the truth. Doesn't mean she isn't a great character though :p

Just accept it. Let the poor guy have some happiness at last.

Thing is I can also see him with Iroha as well only because he's naturally comfortable around her. He doesnt let her hyperness get to him 'cause he has plenty of experience dealing with Komachi. He kind of settles her down too. Look how cute she is and how hard she's trying lol

tumblr_npukh5rWtx1qet0cro1_540.gif

You also make a good point about Yui. Seems like she wants to do whatever she needs to get Hachimans attention instead of just being herself.

At least Yukino is still a solid choice. No Shitoge kind of girls anywhere in sight.

But it hasn't been confirmed yet. I will not waver. I..will..not *sniff* waver...

;-;

I have yet to see 11, but from the ending preview does it seem like 12 is going to be an anime original? I heard such rumors but didn't want to believe...

Man they're really blazing through the books arent they. I wish they slowed down a tad.

I hope 8man ends up with no one because that would be the best route, considering it wouldn't break up the service club status quo and friendship.

He ends up being with someone that's not related to the story and isn't any one of the girls.

Hachiman x Ebina confirmed

One thing Kishimoto got right was shitting on Sakura by making her lover a dead beat. At least naruto got the best girl. Those salty narusaku tears are so good.

I think Naruto was the only instance where the best guy and the best girl got together. Thank you Kishi for that and all the NaruSaku tears.

I love Fairy Tail and am keeping up with the manga, but I stopped watching the show sometime before the Dragon Invasion arc began.

I didn't appreciate how the new show had apparently gotten rid of the magic circles and that the OST wasn't using any familiar themes.

The OST was one of my favourite parts of the first series. I loved it when Dragon Force (no, not THAT Dragon Force) played whenever the villain of an arc was about to be defeated, the theme of the three Dragon Slayers playing whenever they got action all together, and I can't forget about the many songs that played whenever Erza got some action!

From the bits I've seen of the show post episode 175, it's used none of those, and that along with the fact that the animation has taken a downgrade (and this is a show where the animation wasn't all that great to begin with), it's made it really hard for me to enjoy it.

Perhaps I'll get to it someday considering how much I really enjoy the characters and world of the show, but right now, I'm just pretty disappointed with it.

That's awesome what we have now is pretty much the same as that newer art.

As for your last point, we forget that the title of the show is after all "My Teen Romantic Comedy". To those saying there won't be a winner, I say that would be going against the title :p Also this last episode really did set the ship in motion towards that path, season 3 would probably be all about them getting ready to graduate and part ways, all while Hachi and you know who get closer.

The full title is My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected, you forgot the last part. If we go by the title than anything can go so...........

1) be with someone he doesn't want to be with 2) choose a career path his parents are lining up for him that he doesnt want
3) both? Hikki definitely got under his skin when he suggested Hayama is using Miura to ward other girls away from him. I wonder how likely that is.

Thing is I can also see him with Iroha as well only because he's naturally comfortable around her. He doesnt let her hyperness get to him 'cause he has plenty of experience dealing with Komachi. He kind of settles her down too. Look how cute she is and how hard she's trying lol

You also make a good point about Yui. Seems like she wants to do whatever she needs to get Hachimans attention instead of just being herself.

At least Yukino is still a solid choice. No Shitoge kind of girls anywhere in sight.

But it hasn't been confirmed yet. I will not waver. I..will..not *sniff* waver...

Man they're really blazing through the books arent they. I wish they slowed down a tad.
The thing is they hate each other, but I could totally see them being best friends. In a way I kinda think they are. They both compliment each other pretty well, and both have traits that the other one doesn't. Although I was surprised when
Hayama said he felt inferior to Hachi.

Good points actually. As it stands I think her and Yukino have much better chances than Yui, you nailed it on its head when you said she is trying to hard and not being herself anymore just for him.

As for the last point, I guess they really wanna put out as much as they can. Again the bad thing is that we will have to wait even longer to see another season...

The full title is My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected, you forgot the last part. If we go by the title than anything can go so...........
It is wrong. He has all these girls falling for him and he doesn't act! LOL

OceanBlue

Just caught up on Sound! Euphonium 8-10. What a blast. I love this show. The dialogue and character development have really picked up.

Also skimming through people's comments on episode 10 and I agree completely, but at the same time I think Yuko's attitude is pretty believable from what I remember of high school. From her perspective (and the perspective of a lot of the band members), Kaori's the nicest, most selfless person in the entire band and had been working really hard to get the position. Reina's just some first-year bitch who doesn't try to get along with anyone, and the fact that Taki-sensei's new as well makes the rumor a lot more believable when it's what you want to hear.

From our perspective it's obviously wrong, but it's easy to see people as "deserving" of something good when they're a good person and the other person isn't (especially when you're friends with them). If you imagine that Yuko probably spends a lot of time with Kaori outside of band as well, I don't think it's too crazy to imagine. It's still annoying for us, but I think it's pretty realistic.

I was going to watch Danmachi after this but now I just want to think about Euphonium...

Edit: Ah yeah, I'm not trying to say that people were calling her unrealistic. When I look at her behavior from this perspective, I become a little more sympathetic towards her.

Hastati

Sensei ending is canon. I believe.

I'm still looking for that sensei in real life. She's the best. I would even tolerate the smoking.

Actually, I would accept it if that was their idea for an anime-original ending. Out of the blue. I would laugh so hard.

I hated her character at first, but they did a great job with her character development. I was worried that she was going to feel tacked on before the 5th Circle of Intellectualization arc started, but she ended up being a great addition to the cast.
And yes, she ended up being quite cute. But Hachiman is comfortable around her in a "friends" kind of way, I don't know, he needs something more. It almost feels like none of the cast is ultimately a good fit for him, outside of the teacher who he himself said would have been a great choice a decade ago. Oh, such cruel fate~

Cornbread78

H2O: Footprints in the Sand ep.1-3
So I started this one earlier, but it's kind of odd and confusing so far. I mean,
the kid is blind the day he arrives, gets to grab some boobs, gets a face full of muff, but a day later he can see fine? He has an imaginary spirit friend that has a physical form, but nobody else can see
he is the "choosen one." He has a little harem already,
but one of the girls is homeless and apparently burned all the crops when she was little, so she is beaten and belittled by the town. Her old friend, who is rich and can't associate with her since the accident is now throwing herself at the MC to keep him away from the homeless girl that still goes to school
There are just so many crazy things going on at once and my mind is exploding at this town and society. WTF is going on here...

Midonin

WTF is going on here...
I see you've found another visual novel based anime. The stories they tell usually involve some combination of romance and fantasy (at least the non-nukige ones. And even some of those.), but they're always introspective and drawn-out by nature because of their first person narratives, and at least slightly weird by nature because they come from the same industry that created anime. In this case, the blindness was at least partially influencing the game mechanics.

And that's without getting into the ones that haven't been adapted over the years.

Cornbread78

I hated her character at first, but they did a great job with her character development. I was worried that she was going to feel tacked on before the 5th Circle of Intellectualization arc started, but she ended up being a great addition to the cast.
And yes, she ended up being quite cute. But Hachiman is comfortable around her in a "friends" kind of way, I don't know, he needs something more. It almost feels like none of the cast is ultimately a good fit for him, outside of the teacher who he himself said would have been a great choice a decade ago. Oh, such cruel fate~

Iroha was a great addition to the cast, and I agree that she would not be a good match for Hikki romantically. I must say though, after that last episode, it's pretty clear the direction it is going romantically and I'm ok with it. It was a very sweet moment and they did a great job of capturing it as it should happen in real life for a sudden and awkward moment; the implications and impact were there.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 20

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why seriously fuck!😔
They had to fucking kill off Caesar, why? Just when I was starting to like him a lot. Is this the fate to all Zeppeli bloodline? At least he died as a proud warrior, RIP Caesar.
Fuck me.😞

Should I feel bad for crying manly tears?
SHIZAAAAAAAAAAA!
😭

Cornbread78

I see you've found another visual novel based anime. The stories they tell usually involve some combination of romance and fantasy (at least the non-nukige ones. And even some of those.), but they're always introspective and drawn-out by nature because of their first person narratives, and at least slightly weird by nature because they come from the same industry that created anime. In this case, the blindness was at least partially influencing the game mechanics.
And that's without getting into the ones that haven't been adapted over the years.

Oh, so the ending isn't going to make sense either then, lol. We'll see how they put the rest of the story together in 12 episodes, but there are so many moving parts already for a short series..

Hastati

excellent. I love this band.

watch Read or Die

Megumiiiiiiiii

While I would highly recommend the ROD OVA, the middle of the tv series was just...ugh...SO MUCH ANGST. Still pretty good though. Took far too long for the return of one specific character but still, worth watching. Yup. Angst.

Also is Punch Line really that great?? The panty mechanic kind of put me off. Dropped it pretty fast, only saw EP 1...

Midonin

Oh, so the ending isn't going to make sense either then, lol. We'll see how they put the rest of the story together in 12 episodes, but there are so many moving parts already for a short series..
Visual novel anime are the ones most likely to have an ending, since they're adapting what's essentially a complete story (or a set of complete stories) already. There are a few games that have gotten sequels, but most of the time, VNs are self-contained. Fandiscs' after stories are (usually) shorter and more for emotional closure than anything else.

I know this because I've played a lot of them.

Kieli

Haha, still remember when I was an anime newbie.

H2O had me legit shook. Like, I was depressed for days at ending.

Ah, good times good times.

I also liked Lamune too. Lolololol.

Cornbread78

Visual novel anime are the ones most likely to have an ending, since they're adapting what's essentially a complete story (or a set of complete stories) already. There are a few games that have gotten sequels, but most of the time, VNs are self-contained. Fandiscs' after stories are (usually) shorter and more for emotional closure than anything else.

Got ya, well, we'll see if they can tie it all up so it makes sense.

BTW, one if my PSN buddies wants to know if there are any good Anime out there that features a main protag or support that has ASD? Anyone have any ideas?

VN adaptations tend to be 12 episode commercials that don't even adapt a complete route nowadays.

Phatmac

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 20

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why seriously fuck!😔
They had to fucking kill off Caesar, why? Just when I was starting to like him a lot. Is this the fate to all Zeppeli bloodline? At least he died as a proud warrior, RIP Caesar.
Fuck me.😞

Should I feel bad for crying manly tears?
SHIZAAAAAAAAAAA!
😭
Zeppelis are the ultimate bros. it's a shame they have that lancer E rank luck.

The thing is they hate each other, but I could totally see them being best friends. In a way I kinda think they are. They both compliment each other pretty well, and both have traits that the other one doesn't. Although I was surprised when
Hayama said he felt inferior to Hachi.

Good points actually. As it stands I think her and Yukino have much better chances than Yui, you nailed it on its head when you said she is trying to hard and not being herself anymore just for him.

As for the last point, I guess they really wanna put out as much as they can. Again the bad thing is that we will have to wait even longer to see another season...

It is wrong. He has all these girls falling for him and he doesn't act! LOL

I dont think they hate each other even though they say they do. They definitely have respect and in a way are friends.

When Hayama said that he wont
lose to Hachiman, I felt like he was also implying that the girl he likes has a thing for Hachiman. Maybe he's really into Yukino as well? I guess thats where the inferiority part comes from? No matter how Mr. Perfect Hayama is, he cant get the attention of the girl he wants.
Just speculating of course.

The series has such solid girls. I would hate him not ending up with anyone more than him ending up with someone besides Yui.

I'm still looking for that sensei in real life. She's the best. I would even tolerate the smoking.

Actually, I would accept it if that was their idea for an anime-original ending. Out of the blue. I would laugh so hard.

Iroha is awesome. She serves as a great way to get Yui and Yukino to get jealous over Hachiman and to realize their feelings for him.

Here are some Iroha comics.

Sensei is the best fit but thats definitely never happening. Iroha works 'cause he just treats her like his little sister. Them ending up isn't far fetched but I do worry if they do it might be some kind of weird wish fulfillment. She's a pretty good character regardless.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Disappointed in the lack of random "sore aru" in this episode of Snafu.

I dont think they hate each other even though they say they do. They definitely have respect and in a way are friends.

When Hayama said that he wont
lose to Hachiman, I felt like he was also implying that the girl he likes has a thing for Hachiman. Maybe he's really into Yukino as well? I guess thats where the inferiority part comes from? No matter how Mr. Perfect Hayama is, he cant get the attention of the girl he wants.
Just speculating of course.

Good points, maybe the rumour isn't so far fetched after all right? In the end when he was all smiles and called out the other two, he could just be putting on his "good boy" mask to trick everyone.

This makes me want an Oregairu 4koma...Hachiman is like a walking depressive 4koma anyway. I wish more series had such great male leads -^-;

Yeah, it would be awesome. Some fans made some really great ones already.

Here's a list of other comics:

Yukino
Yui
Kawasaki
Komachi
Volunteer Club
Random / Assorted

Of course I havent gone through all of them yet so some might be NSFW and/or contain spoilers.

Disappointed in the lack of random "sore aru" in this episode of Snafu.

http://www.myinstants.com/instant/sore-aru/

Now you can preach it whenever you want to

Hastati

man I haven't even watched SNAFU 2 yet and I already know Iroha is best girl

Omake%2BGif%2BAnime%2B-%2BYahari%2BOre%2Bno%2BSeishun%2BLove%2BComedy%2Bwa%2BMachigatteiru%2BZoku%2B-%2BEpisode%2B10%2B-%2BIroha%2BFlirts.gif

not that i'm into that sort of thing, but cmon

They really stepped up their game with facial animation and expression. It's some of the best I've seen, not in terms of how on-model it is but how dynamic and emotive their faces are in key scenes. I'm used to wooden expressions that rely on good voice acting, but they really nail the intricacies. Great work where it matters.

Also if you have seen the first season, please watch the second!

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 21

Finally the battle between Joseph/Lisa and Wammu/Zars has finally begun. Let's see who's gonna win the chariot death match between Wammu and Joseph.

SNAFU S2 11

RIP Yui. I knew she almost no chances, but it still hurts. Pretty sad.

Aside from that, I'm really liking Hayato and Hachiman's interactions. I wish these scenes between them came up more often.

Rainy

Banned
SNAFU S2 11

Yukino and Hachiman godddddddd. That scene.

Iroha with that look at Hachiman, please!

Those scenes with Hayato were great.

This show.

Sensei after this episode:
tumblr_n9i7s3zOPS1qd1q2so1_500.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware

~
It's stupid that the ending is considered a "bad ending" in the Vita game when it's clearly the best ending.

cajunator

Banned
It's the "Taiga effect" now.. uggh. Still meh, lol.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how my phone changed "however" to "duty?" Auto-correct is an amazing thing..

Lol, well I'm starting from 0, so I have many years to catch up on.

Unfortunately, with that I think I'very burned through most of the A tier material and now onto the B tier stuff, lol

no. You havent seen Full Moon o Sagashite or Millennium Actress yet.

Madoka Magica
So I finally got to watching this. Wow, I have read the reactions from here before and going in I knew it wasn't going to be as expected but I didn't think they'd push it that far. Can anyone explain to me
in the new timeline what happened to Sayaka? She used all her powers and died? How, what, why?

Also poor Homura :( and fuck Kyubei

I'm about to watch the Rebellion movie. I've seen that it isn't exactly as...favorable to some. Is it a sequel or an alternate timeline type of story?

In a nutshell,
every magical girl has to keep cleansing their soul gem after each battle. For a while this is fine until despair eventually sets in and apathy makes the soul gem stay black. When despair outlasts hope, the girl turns into a witch and her soul gem turns to a grief seed

Back from the gym after 2 hours. Still no SNAFU.

tantrum.gif

*pats Biribiri on the head

Madoka Magica Rebellion
Holy shit Homura what?!?! I don't know how I feel about this...There's going to be more right? THERE HAS TO BE MOREEEEEEE

There isnt more but the is popular enough to make more.

Cornbread78

It's stupid that the ending is considered a "bad ending" in the Vita game when it's clearly the best ending.

Wait, there's a SNAFU Vita game?

SNAFU S2 11

RIP Yui. I knew she almost no chances, but it still hurts. Pretty sad.

SNAFU S2 11

Yukino and Hachiman godddddddd. That scene.

Yes, I was a #teamYui guy, but the tides have turned, especially after the below last week and the next gif that should be posted soon... Yui has no shot, this is "the real thing".

tumblr_np80xx3p731t963q8o2_500.gif

no. You havent seen Full Moon o Sagashite or Millennium Actress yet,

Millennium Actress huh? That's a new one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom