• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Not sure if posted yet http://komoro.ch/archives/6080

tumblr_npvxaqWEih1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

fertygo

Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V - 51

- Dat Reiji vs Yuya fight
- Dimension traveling group concept
- Pendulum Fusion became really sexy now

and..
2dYD5MB.jpg

Jack da gawddddddd

my gawd, hype is so real right now.. I don't expect this became this gud. I'm happy.

/XX/

Reminder that this year's Annecy International Animated Film Festival commences next week (as of late happens, the very same week E3 does). Pretty much waiting already for the critics' impressions regarding Miss Hokusai to come out of its first ever English-subtitled ('VO STA') showing on Wednesday.

Well, if I ever go back to the area I could probably get some pictures of the front of the buildings. Not sure it would be wise to go in and check what's going on in there or anything though :p
Cool! And first and foremost be safe, my friend... we don't want an ilegal trespassing at our hands, and posterior international conflict, because of some unimportant photos! :-D

Thoraxes

The situation with Space Battleship Yamato 2199 in the States pisses me off :(

I'm still mad that i'm only 2 volumes from a complete collection.

If I want to finish it I have to get the last 3 JP volumes. Needing this consistent, I would rather just purchase the whole JP series and say fuck it for consistency.

I don't even care if they made them buy on order and bumped the price up to $100 or some shit, I just want the last two volumes.

Defuser

SNAFU S2 ep 11

Oh Mah Gawd...Iroha...

tumblr_m43fens4rj1rqfjxr69.gif

And this is why you're the best girl in SNAFU. Ayane Sakura nearly gave me a hnnnnngh attack.

Edit:
#TeamKanna

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Episode 11 Reunion of Childhood Friends
CHYpN8DUwAAea0D.jpg

That was the most intense anime episodes Ive seen in anime since Guilty Crown. Seraph of the End has reached an even higher echelon than Guilty Crown was already in. Easily going to be above it for the best action anime ever. And it was even so emotional, the whole episode I was on the verge of tears because of the difficult choice of Mika and Yu, and Yu not understanding what Mika was saying is actually true and even then still being unable to tell Yu. It makes me want to reread the manga from start to finish yet again and to do a third rewatch of this series. I cant wait to experience the dub.

Poor Mika though, getting penetrated by Yu twice in the same episode. Maybe next time.
they should have had Mika hug Yu to bring him back and not Shinoa

Only flaw was, well the preview, it was just a single image and not the usual teasing clips :( :( :(

Paltheos

SNAFU 11

FINALLY

After those scenes together in the park, Yuki and 8man's relationship may be going in a direction neither of them anticipated. It's tough to call.

For Hachiman, this is the first time he's really appreciating the presence of women around him. The tease from Iroha this episode never would have gotten to him before like that. Even Haruno's playful finger poke made him blush. The same applies to Yuki, and bandaging an injured classmate is ultimately a pretty typical romcom situation.

I'm interested to see how Yui responds. She was looking a little threatened by the end, but I don't know if we'll have enough time to properly cover another character arc. I hope.

phaze

SNAFU 08
tumblr_li7btnp1xi1qbtrcjyv.gif

Did she just just get rejected twice even before even managing to utter her confession ?
z3ivh3hbejeo.png

I can't say I share the widespread adulation this show seems to receive here (first season in particular was poor) but it has some moments that even I do appreciate like here. Even if they went way overboard with the drama.The show in general seems to me to be in eternal split between some generic, sel-insert harem and a more serious examination of its cast and their issues. Now please nuke Iroha from the cast and drop the possibly emerging love triangle.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Re-Kan! Episode 11:

Well then, I see Re-Kan! has once again decided to deliver an episode that is a cut above its usual fare, really wish that had been a more common occurrence. Also, this is an odd show in it is not only doing the ship-tease with the main girls but the supporting elements of Re-Kan have gotten into a shippers mentality about it.

javac

What is a digipack? How is it cracked?

This is a digipak:
I'm sure you own many of them already, and that's the name they're given. It's a type of case that you can get with films and games, usually collectors editions.The other most popular types of cases being the Keep Case (DVD sized) Amaray (manufacturer of the standard blue cases you get with Blu-rays, with the name being synonymous for that type of case) and Steelbook. I prefer standard Amaray and Keep Cases myself.

Vito

Banned
To give a bit of context to the artwork, this is advertising an art exhibition in Komoro (where AnoNatsu takes place) featuring art from the TV show. The original series had a positive effect on tourism there so I presume they want to continue the links.

I was suprised that the link has basic venue information in English, even with a phone number formatted for international calls.

Already posted~ AnimeGAF is superior to commoner websites.

SNAFU TOO - 11

Maybe I was brain dead watching this last night but I didn't really understand the plot of this episode:
So there's a rumor with Hayama dating Yukino but then that somehow turned into seeing where Hayama chooses Liberal Arts or Sciences for his future? Those two aspects share no relation whatsoever, and why is it important to know Hayama's decision?

jman2050

Aniplex is about 5 years ahead of me ;-;

All anime will be distributed in virtual gacha machines where you must pay money to receive random cards which, when combined in a proper set, allow you to watch 90 seconds of a given episode. Collect all 90-second segments of an episode to win!

SNAFU 08

tumblr_li7btnp1xi1qbtrcjyv.gif

Did she just just get rejected twice even before even managing to utter her confession ?
z3ivh3hbejeo.png

I can't say I share the widespread adulation this show seems to receive here (first season in particular was poor) but it has some moments that even I do appreciate like here. Even if they went way overboard with the drama.The show in general seems to me to be in eternal split between some generic, sel-insert harem and a more serious examination of its cast and their issues. Now please nuke Iroha from the cast and drop the possibly emerging love triangle.

Yui made that face because she thought Hachiman wasnt gonna go after Yukino with her. When he says "I can walk on my own. Lets go", her expression changes back. There wasnt anything romantic in that scene.

Hastati

All anime will be distributed in virtual gacha machines where you must pay money to receive random cards which, when combined in a proper set, allow you to watch 90 seconds of a given episode. Collect all 90-second segments of an episode to win!

......................I'd buy a bulk pack. ONLY ONCE A MONTH. The best characters would be the rarest, and if you collect enough of them you can evolve them into a super rare version, which unlocks a special animation with that character, or a better ending to an episode/series.

Quick, I'll start typing up the kickstarter proposal, we need a team of cheap GAF animators to help make this a reality $$$$

I was looking forward to this (even bought the first LN I'm pretty sure), but the design is a bit uh...different than I was expecting. Anyone have any experience with Overlord?

Big overlord fan here..

Designs are ok , since they are very "unique" already in the books. The reason why they are designed that way is actually quite intresting once you know the backstory.
Honnestly this is much better for TV , than the design of the books. ( but they are still much similar )

Hastati

SNAFU TOO - 11

Maybe I was brain dead watching this last night but I didn't really understand the plot of this episode:
So there's a rumor with Hayama dating Yukino but then that somehow turned into seeing where Hayama chooses Liberal Arts or Sciences for his future? Those two aspects share no relation whatsoever, and why is it important to know Hayama's decision?

The rumor was somewhat incidental, but the point was that it sparked an imbalance in the force between Hayato and the rest of the crew. Before, because he seemed kinda ungettable/perma friendzonish, no one had the guts to think he could go out with others like a normal person. He was "everyone's Hayato." The rumor, however, was enough to spark a sense of contest or at least challenge the notion that he belonged to everyone, and this caused pain/suffering/angst/the usual from members of his group, specifically those interested in him.

The reason Lib/Sciences was important was because of how the division works in Japan, where if you choose one you end up with classes specific to that specialty. So if he intentionally chose one where his group wasn't there, he could remain everyone's Hayato by maintaining a certain distance from others. Also, that was the reason that the text was sent out, because whats her face wanted to know which he would choose (and also put pressure on him to make a decision).

Furthermore, Hachiman manipulated Hayato into choosing Lib by suggesting that he choose sciences, knowing he would reject the proposal. This was to keep everyone together despite the potential for fiery explosive passionate teenage whatever, because that's the kinda cool shit Hachiman 2.0 does now.

I've already forgotten some of the plot points, but hopefully that helps?

SNAFU TOO - 11

I did some reading and apparently what subject you choose now determines your classes in your final year, so there's a possibility that Hayama and his group will be broken up and everyone going to different classes. It's one of those things that probably makes instant sense to japanese audiences but confuses western audiences since theres no way for us to know that unless told.

If Hayama told his friends what subject he's picking, they will all pick that same thing so they can hang out with him and not focus on what they want to do. He wants them to think about their own futures and make a decision based on that instead of just blindly following him. I think this also ties into why Hayama says he hates Hachiman, that his friendship with his friends will still continue regardless of which classes they end up in because most of them are already in separate classes. For Hayama, they might just drift apart unless they're all together. Superficial friendship vs genuine.

edit: beaten.
Like my ship
;_;

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon Crystal 13

Good god this show is so boring. Did they only have budget for the same three songs with stock choir vocals? The Dark Moon arc better be worth finishing this crap off for.

Narag

Victory Gundam 10

One of my favorite little touches so far is how the League Militaire is fine with Uso killing Zanscare forces while the bad guys of the week have had real problems dealing with the idea of killing a child combatant.

Mirai Nikki - 16

I'm so confused at the motivations of some of these owners, some are given the chance to end other owners, but they don't. I can't tell if it's all part of some grand plan or if it's just trying to stall progression as long as possible.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 1 - 13

Such a shame this show had to come to a close so early. All these creative Stand powers and the way the crew has to get out of these situations is just so darn entertaining with every episode.

The way they wrapped up the last episode was really underwhelming, but for what it's worth, I had a lot of fun with the show.

Time to start Part 4 I guess!

Phatmac

Having Shirou replicate Gil's weapons and firing them was amazing. Saber's win was beautiful as well. I enjoyed Gil's monologue but we're running out of time here so I hope next week is pure action in Shirou's UBW with him spouting the best line of the whole route. WE BETTER GET THE FULL EMIYA THEME NEXT WEEK OR THIS WHOLE THING IS RUINED.
Man this show is beautiful!!
tumblr_npwbq1hc3c1qfr27po2_500.gif
tumblr_npwbq1hc3c1qfr27po1_500.gif

cj_iwakura

Sailor No Budget Crystal 15

Who is this decrepit idiot and what the hell did he do to Wiseman? He sounds pitiful, not fear-inspiring.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 23

Fuck you Zars you scumbag.
Just when I thought he would play fair and square he had to cheat in order to beat Lisa Lisa.
This guy has no shame. Though Stroheim along with Speedwagon and Smokey came to destroy all the zombies with UV lights. You seriously just can't hate Stroheim, he may be loud and obnoxious but he's always there to help.

So what woukd you call
Joseph peeping on Lisa Lisa in the earlier episodes considering she's his mom?

RIP
Wammu
you were a true proud warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom