• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo Bizarre Adventure 22

That cliffhanger though.😯 Anyway I really love how strategic this episode was with Joseph and Wammu outsmarting each other.

Narag

Victory Gundam 9

TnkdLtAl.png

Local girl ruins everything.

Midonin

PriPara 49

The moral of this episode is that bears are assholes. Or rather, Bear is an asshole. Dude wants a little sister so much he's willing to sabotage Rabbit's relationship with his own little sister in order to have her for himself. Dorothy being the one to hang him over the river so he can be eaten by a
fake
gator, as though it were feeding time for the Mosasaurus, is totally fine with me. Like I've said before, unlike Precure, PriPara's mascots are generally either apathetic or kinda dickish.

Bear sacrifices aside, taking some time out to focus on Usacha - Rabbit's little sister - was interesting. There's apparently a Mascot Academy (like Precure) where the stuffed toys of tomorrow train. Little sisters have played a role in PriPara before. Falulu declaring a toy robot "her Non" was a heartwarming moment from last season, but it does remind me that when it comes to Non herself, she has yet to take on the idol mantle. Maybe further down the line.

Seeing Aromageddon acting all buddy-buddy with everyone is a nice change in dynamics, which means it's time for the show to change things up once again, and to reference anime (and the world's) favorite piece of Swiss literature with "Fuwari, Girl of the Palps." An actual princess (though the novel Heidi wasn't, but princesses sell more toys) is coming into the independent city-state of idols. But Meganee is still the one to hold the throne.

And so, the next piece begins.

Shokugeki No Soma
Was an episode with a some very serious tones and some very funny ones as well, really balanced it well.

Dungeon
Episode didn't really have much going on. The "rescue team" was really only so they could have some key characters a reason to be there for next episode since they didn't actually do any saving, hopefully this obvious set up pays off next episode which judging by the episode's title, it probably will.

World Trigger 1- current
Started watching this because I was bored. Sometimes things are pretty unnatural in the way people act I think, but the world is interesting enough and the battles are entertaining, probably shouldn't have gone ahead and read the manga but sometimes the episodes take too long to recap whats already happened and it just feels slow.

also I should probably change the avatar, its going to be confusing if I keep posting in this thread.

Thinking about giving Jojo's bizzare adventure a try , should I watch the re edited version of the first run and the then watch stardust crusaders?

Thinking about giving Jojo's bizzare adventure a try , should I watch the re edited version of the first run and the then watch stardust crusaders?

Yes watch it, you're doing yourself a huge favor by watching it. At first I was a bit iffy about the show but man has my views completely changed about the show. It's absolutely amazing imo.

You have to admit that it was a great scene though.. as you can tell, I'm dying to post the gif I saw online, lol.

Yeah, the scene between Hachiman and Yukinon was really good. It felt like a natural unspoken step that showed how close they had gotten to each other.

Regarding the whole episode...

SNAFU S2 Episode 11

I really enjoyed this episode. Iroha continues being an amazing character on the show that adds humor and fun to the story. It's nice seeing Hikki interact with Totsuka more and in a more friend like manner too.

The real heart of this episode though, was the Hayama and Hikigiya dynamic. This episode showed just how the two are natural enemies toward each other, never being able to be friends. Hayama's indecisiveness and refusal to face reality completely opposes Hikigiya's grounded decision making and lifestyle. This episode really cemented the divide between the two and I feel like it finally cleared away any suspicions that Hayama has any romantic feelings for anyone(although I still believe he cared for Yukinon in the past). Next episode is definitely gonna focus on Yukinon and her sister considering the latter's lack of help.

Hastati

Behold the best ending to the franchise. They really should just give up after this came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO0XWqf8fKQ

Omg. LOL. His hair and her speech just....amazing. I like how proud he was that he became a domestic house husband. Yeah, they should just air this halfway through the last episode. I may have to watch it again when the season ends, to fill the despair.

It's pretty cool that it's fully voiced with the same cast, I may have to check this out some day...

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 138

Yotsuba-san should probably give it a rest with the jalapeno donuts. Not meant to be.

I hate the name "Skips" more every time I hear it.

phaze

Jojo - 47

Oh my that was awesome, dat intro, so hyped and Dio is just F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

I think how Jotaro fought him makes sense, Dio's power comes from the Joestar bloodline and we see him use his version of old man Joseph's hermit purple in the first half of part 3, I figured this was pretty much going to be the solution after seeing Dio's stand in action.

There is the Jotaro power up. Despite supposedly being the same kind of Stand Jotaro never managed to stop time on his own before. Hm suddenly being able to fly, glow like a Super Saiyan and move with no training during The World's thing is quite a leap (Especially the flying part). I could let it slide though I think it's a stretch and one or 2 lines of foreshadowing earlier in the show don't justify it. But then there is:
Jotaro stuffing himself with books though he had no idea how Dio's stand works beforehand
-"The Manhole Event"
-Jotaro moving around, despite supposedly playing dead with Dio a few meters from him.
-Dio suddenly started acting like scaredy cat. Why exactly would it matter if Jotaro could move for a moment ? Just attack him with your, Muda, Muda and he will run out.
-I fail to see why he needed to come close to Jotaro with the sign and couldn't just finish him with The World.
-(it makes a bit of sense but let me nitpickick it anyway) At the end, Dio could stop the time but couldn't bring out The World's physical form.

There is also the thing where SP can suddenly penetrate Jotaro's body without hurting him but maybe it was introduced earlier and I don't remember it.

Dunno, I feel like many times earlier in this show, the supposed battle of wits turns out to be the contest of contrived plot devices, because Araki can't quite bring the fights to conclusion without pulling things out of a certain dark place and while taking into account the previously introduced abilities of the contestants and their (supposed) IQ levels.

Danmachi Ep 11

Wow that tension when bell was being chased by the goliath was good stuff. Hmm wonder what Hephaestus gave to Welf and what he's going to do with it.

Yahari Season 2 ep 11

#TeamYukino from day one

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I've been enjoying anime, but haven't really felt energized by it in the last couple of years since for me, the ratio of amazing shows to good/average shows seems to worsened. But once in a while, something will come along that will just smack me in the face and remind me of why anime is special and is capable of doing things that I know I won't see anywhere else. Hell, the opening credits montage that summarizes the entire television series was enough to get me to remember how I felt when I watched Yamato two years ago.

Some spoilers, so applicable warnings apply.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark
Xn2cA8Kl.png

So how do you make a movie that is set before the end of the final episode of the series and still have it matter? I really didn't have an answer to that when I first heard about what this movie was about, but given how great the writing for the original series was, I really shouldn't have doubted that they could have pulled this off.

In a way, Odyssey is one of the most perfect balancing acts that I've seen since perhaps the seemingly unnecessarily K-On! movie. It sets up any potential future sequel series, it slots itself into the TV storyline in terms of the actual arc of the series, and also manages to wrap up some storylines that you didn't even know needed to be wrapped up. Try to think about any of your favourite shows, anime or not, and see if you could think of a way to put in a 2 hour movie between the penultimate and final episode of the series... it's not an easy job, especially if the show in question is already heavily serialized.

So what's new about the movie?
lxfh7Awl.png

We're reintroduced to the Gatlantians and the potential threat that they pose to Earth in a post-Gamilan War future, and the face of the enemy that we see is the warmongering Klingon-like Goran Dagam. I'm hoping that the reboot version of the Gatlantians are at least as complicated as the Gamilans, because at the moment all we really know about their culture from this brief glimpse that we get from them is that they are violent expansionists who are more than happy to keep "Science Slaves" to help them develop technology. But if there is ever a sequel series, I have to assume we'll start to peel back the layers and see them in a different light.

And we certainly are able to see former villains in a different light in this movie. Sure, we had Melda and her group to follow as the "good" Gamilans who were ready to help reform their own society, but who remembers this guy?
DUYDFhVl.png

Fommt Berger, a rather unremarkable officer who served under Dessler, is tapped to basically carry half the film. Although the other times the Yamato crew have encountered "friendly" Gamilans have ended with a mutual respect of sorts, the movie sets up Berger as a bitter, hotheaded, angry man who wants nothing more to take down the Yamato himself given all that he had lost as a result of the previous battles shown in the series. There's even a flashback to a battle where we see the love of his life, Melia, die during one of the battles with the Yamato just in case we needed to understand why he would be so intent on revenge.

So the film sets up two tracks, one setting up a villain that our heroes will face in the future and the other wrapping up the Gamilan storyline once and for all by showing how even the most angry veteran of the Yamato campaign can learn to let go - in very much the same way that the human crew of the Yamato had to learn to let go as well. It shouldn't be much of a surprise then that the coda of the first series would be a final battle where the humans and the Gamilans work together to defeat Dagam, officially burying the hatchet and giving that storyline some closure.

If that was all the movie was, then it'd be perfectly fine. But it draws on a second forgotten storyline from the show to help serve as the big science fiction hook of the film. Remember how there were these telepathic space witches that tried to infiltrate the Yamato? We thought the two that were working with Dessler were the last of their species and there really wasn't anything in the show to lead us to think otherwise.
ZQja0Tul.png

It turns out that the Jirellans, as a species, had found a place where they could hide themselves from the rest of the galaxy to try to live in peace. It's under this pretext that the science fiction aspect of the film plays its biggest part, as the movie shifts away from starships firing lasers at each other to a more methodical and classic science fiction story (and also perhaps one of the greatest uses of "The Miracle Worker" as an allegorical device ever).

In fact, the movie basically turns into an episode of Star Trek. After a battle with the Gatlantians where the Yamato is forced to make an emergency warp jump, the crew find themselves in an unknown part of space with no way to escape. Through a series of events that I'll leave you to find out for yourselves, some members of the Yamato crew find themselves trapped in what they think is a hotel (reminiscent of the ST:TNG episode "The Royale") with Berger and some other Gamilans.

U2iXaErl.png

xzfvUkAl.png

The movie makes sure the audience knows that both crews are being manipulated, so the half the tension comes from watching the crews try to negotiate an understanding with each other as they also try to figure out how to escape from the hotel. Yes, there was an episode of Yamato where the Yamato and a Gamilan ship find themselves trapped in void space and have to work with each other to escape, but because of the different dynamic between the two groups, you're left waiting to see if the groups start fighting each other when they discover the truth about of their situation (very reminiscent of the TNG episode "Darmok"). The film moves into the psychological, as characters are forced to contend with having their thoughts being manipulated by the Jirellans while also dealing with the immediate problem of slowly starving to death with no real way to escape.

If you've watched any science fiction show, you'll know that the whole "lock people in a room" is a trope that writers often use when they want an excuse to have the characters learn about themselves while trying to solve a problem, so it was amusing to see it being replicated here because it just reminded me that Yamato really is a throwback to a type of science fiction that has long since gone out of style.

But even that's not enough for the people working on this film. They throw in yet another Star Trek episode ("The Chase") to cap it all off by having the Jirellans reveal themselves to both crews, only to have an ancient computer reveal that all the races in the galaxy were seeded by the same creator.
ciEUimpl.png

As the three characters representing the three races hold hands and activates the namesake of the film, the Celestial Ark, this classic science fiction trope helps close out the major thematic threads of the series. Although the Gatlantian thread is still there, the three major races of the show have come to an understanding about their place in the universe and have made peace. Berger is able to get over his anger over the losses he suffered at the hands of the Yamato, Kodai is able to get over his anger over the death of his brother and the near extinction of Earth, and the Jirellan representative Loerelai Loer is able to take a chance to try to save her race. We are also given a nice parallel between the end of Yamato's journey, as human crew are able to save Earth, and the beginning of the Celestial Ark's journey, as Kodai helps give Loerelai the push she needs to lead the Jirellan people into the stars.

MAWwpA2l.png

So it is fitting that the end of the film shows us the three ships in various states of their journey. The Ark is about to go off and find a new home, ridding themselves of the politics of the Milky Way, and are at the start of their odyssey (hey, that film title makes sense!). The Gamilian crew will return home, and while most of the soldiers in the prime died in the battle, we know that the auxiliary crew on the ship was full of both old men and child soldiers. While we don't really know what a post-Dessler society will be like, we can assume that Berger will join Melda and her group to help rebuild Gamilan society. The old veterans can finally retire and build a new life for the next generation, while the child soldier who salutes with a "Hail Dessler" can have a life free of blind devotion and military service. And of course, the human crew will finish its own odyssey when they arrive on Earth with the magical device that will save their planet from extinction. It's a nice way to just wrap the series up, even though the film itself takes place before the final episode of the series.

That's not to say there aren't any space battles, because the film opens and ends with one. But I just appreciated how the film was able to take one more journey into science fiction land, and even if these stories are so familiar, I'm fine with that because they're being used in a way that isn't mere replication or reference. They are definitely telling their own story with these very basic plot templates, and doing so in a wonderfully exciting manner.

With all that said, there are still a few things that bother me about the Yamato reboot. It's not that big, but it sort of belies the fact that there are some facts about producing anime that leads to the inevitable pandering.
For example, part of me can't stop thinking that these two characters were introduced just for the sake of figma:
9JefX4rl.png

Mikage Kiryu being all moe~

cUIJjqql.png

Neridia Rikke being all smexy.

cmEi58el.png

She even leaves lipstick on her glass!

I also found it silly that they brought back the Yamamoto love triangle for a brief moment, even though we know that ship has long since sailed:
5vQC0p9l.png

Dere dere!

And hell, the less said about the ridiculous nature of the skin tight uniforms that only the women seem to wear, complete with high heel boots, the better.

I also forgot that, perhaps like LOGH, this show's origins were basically "WW2 in space":
mcyMXKXl.png

Why would the carriers need flight decks when the Yamato basically proves that you don't need flight decks to launch/retrieve ships? It seems unnecessary, but I guess they couldn't stray too far from the original designs.

But these are ultimately minor complaints and nitpicks about something that, for me, is pretty much flawless. It also makes me hopeful of a genre that I've considered long dead. Yeah, they'll keep churning out terrible Star Trek moves, and I'm sure the Star Wars movies will be equally terrible (or at least just bland like the Marvel movies), but in a small corner of the Japanese anime industry, there are still a group of people who know how to make an awesome science fiction space opera film in 2015. Here's hoping the sequel series becomes a reality and we get more Yamato soon.

One thing to note - make sure you watch the extra scene after the first set of credits (with the black text on a white background). There's a nice little coda to the movie that fits in with the opening scene that not only ties up the movie nicely, but also the series. In a small way, it reminded me of the Gunbuster to Diebuster tie-in, so it was a nice surprised when I saw the scene accidentally after skipping the credits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are no Yamato figmas, MegaHouse makes the scale figures.
I don't know the terminology. lol
Figures, figmas, amiibos, nendos. They're all the same to me. :p

But I have no idea that someone is planning figures of these characters. I don't blame them or anything, but it's just something I can't not think about since Mari got introduced in Rebuild of Eva.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Omg. LOL. His hair and her speech just....amazing. I like how proud he was that he became a domestic house husband. Yeah, they should just air this halfway through the last episode. I may have to watch it again when the season ends, to fill the despair.

It's pretty cool that it's fully voiced with the same cast, I may have to check this out some day...
Yeah, there's also a sequel coming soon. I thought about getting the game, but there is like a gamey part in between the VN stuff that I don't think I could get through, so I decided to just wait for these guys to sub the VN parts. Hopefully they do the second game too, eventually.

It's extra insulting because in the ending credits of the movie, it still credits Voyager Entertainment USA as the "overseas partner".
Oh speaking of the credits, that reminds me to edit my post...

#dead, lol.

I have to find out if there is an Asian version with English subs out there. This is awesome.
Best end!

None exist afaik sadly. You either have to grind your way through the Japanese, or hope for these fan translations.

There is a platinum trophy guide for the first game, come to think of it, so you could at least theoretically see everything.

javac

Genmu Senki Leda (Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko) is a 1985 OVA directed by Kunihiko Yuyama, who is best known for his work on the Pokémon anime series and movies. This very short but sweet story revolves around Yohko, an ordinary high school girl who composes a song in order to express how she feels about a boy that she’s fallen in love with. Up until this point however she hasn’t had the courage to let her feelings be known, but with this song by her side she hopes to be able to confess her love to him. While taking a walk one day she bumps into the boy, but lacking the courage she walks past him while listening to the very song that she composed, and at that moment she is transported to another dimension, a world simply known as Ashanti. Things get weird as she tries to return back to her home. At an hour and 10 minutes, this is a short but very entertaining OVA that I enjoyed more than I expected. Also, did I mention that she meets a talking dog along the way?

The general consensus to Leda is that it’s a pretty decent OVA but nothing special, so I was pleasantly surprised when I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. The animation in Leda really had me spellbound at just how great it looked and moved, reminiscent of a time gone by. Although in no way full of fine, intricate details, the very painterly visage that encompasses the entirety of Leda makes way for a welcoming aesthetic that’s a joy to look at. The cast of Leda is small but full of many distinct and interestingly designed characters that are equally as fun to watch. With many exciting set-pieces, married with dynamic cinematography that captures the action perfectly, Leda is in no doubt a great looking and very fun to watch OVA from a visual standpoint.

Leda actually surprised me by containing some more artsy scenes that make use of contrasting colors in order to represent different time periods, dreams and memories. Leda is a very pretty OVA and the visuals alone warrant a viewing. The art can be simple, but it’s just really effective and interesting to watch, and although the story can be equally as simple and slow, the visuals really draw you in.

The character designs are again; both distinct and appealing, all encompassed by a very intriguing movement that makes them interesting to watch. It’s hard to describe, but again in terms of character animation, they’re very fascinating to watch, and while viewing Leda I noticed that this strange animation only exists during the scenes that take place within Ashanti, the other dimension and thus felt that it was purposely done in order to capture the other-worldly feeling, being alien and dreamlike in nature, and it does this successfully. The character designs themselves are done by the talented Mutsumi Inomata, who’s worked on character designs for all of the Tales Of series of video games as well as other anime such as the film Windaria. The character designs are charming, cliched and fun.

Speaking of designs, mechanical designs were headed by Takahiro Toyomasu, who although is known as a key animator these days, was a main animator for Leda as well as well as mechanical designer. The designs are pretty interesting here all in all.

Along with the animation, the highlight of Leda is the brilliant soundtrack. With a few vocal tracks littered throughout the OVA, it helps create this music video vibe that I thoroughly enjoy, and helps make each and every scene memorable and enjoyable. Both the music and fluid animation really conjured up the same feelings I got when playing old JRPG’s and such, and I think that’s the best way to explain something like Leda. The story is simple, the villains are one dimensional, but the whole thing is fun to just watch and listen to as the main character whizzes by at high-speeds on her bike through a forest and into a desert. You just become entranced with this sense of wonder and joy and in all honestly OVA’s such as this have a huge place in my heart. Very fun and peppy, it contains a very simple story that actually contains some unique bits here and there, especially on the visual side as it conveys certain feelings and emotions with unique visuals that catch your attention. And like the story itself, the script is also very simple; being written by Junki Takegami (worked on the script for series such as City hunter, Inuyasha, Maison Ikkoku and Pokemon) it’s charming, silly and stilted in an endearing way.

The music, done by the great Shiro Sagisu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) is as equally as mesmerizing as the visuals themselves, both memorable and catchy. This is without a doubt a high point of the OVA and a soundtrack that I’ll be listening to for a long time to come.

Containing many tropes, it’s both silly and stilted, and yet very charming and fun to watch, again reminiscent of an old 16 or 32 bit JRPG, transporting you to this other world for a little time while you quite literally escape this reality if just for a little while as you watch in awe as the pretty visuals and fun, catchy, cheesy and yet heartfelt music pulls you in, further into the world of Ashanti. It’s definitely something that I enjoyed and straight up my alley. If you have a place in your heart for a one hour romp, a world with a talking dog, a time traveling Walkman and magical girl warriors in scantily dressed armor, then Leda is for you.

Overall: 8/10
Very enjoyable, with great animation and a fun soundtrack, characters are simple and full of tropes and cliches, and yet enjoyable and fun to watch, all wrapped up in a simple, but entertaining story.
Story: 6
Animation: 9
Sound: 9
Character: 7
Enjoyment: 10

/XX/

Thank you for the link! I've been checking it and I would like to know if you made some additional photographs of good quality from the Studio Ghibli's complex most recent buildings, specially ones of the designated 'studio 3' and 'studio 5' main entrances.

As seen on the special number that BRUTUS magazine dedicated to the studio on 2011 (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4838786581/), 'studio 3' is the location for their general administrative team and 'studio 5' a training ground for the apprentices in creative positions newly assigned to the company. I'm interested mainly because, apart from that information, there is little specific images on those since the completion of their construction, and after the recent-ish turmoil created on this company's structure I'd like to confirm if those are still dedicated to the assigned tasks or maybe deemed now unnecessary and in-lease buildings.

There is the Nibariki's 'Pig House' too as one place I'd like to know more about, situated at the backyards of studios 1 & 3, but sadly it (most of the time) can't be accessed by tourists!

Also, the most recent home for the main office of GAiNAX is relatively close-by (well, not as close as where there was their old pre-fabricated building, but... still close enough), so I'd recommend a visit to it too if you are on the way there sometime.

Kaworu legs. If only Shinji too. Great illustrations even in 2015
As long as χαρα keeps using the mighty talent of people like Akemi Hayashi (as is the case of that illustration) or Tadashi Hiramatsu for menial things like those, they'll always be really good.
We have to give thanks that the Anima(tor)'s Exhibition initiative partially mended this, or they probably would be solely doing these promotional artworks and more "RoE related things" for the rest of their careers. :-/

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Part3 (20-26)

I have to say that way the big bad got finally finished was not very satisfying. :/. Since he could make airjets, which wasn't even his ability it doesn't seem too far fetched to me that he would be able to boil his blood to stay warm. ah well on to stardust crusaders.

jgminto

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Part3 (20-26)

I have to say that way the big bad got finally finished was not very satisfying. :/. Since he could make airjets, which wasn't even his ability it doesn't seem too far fetched to me that he would be able to boil his blood to stay warm. ah well on to stardust crusaders.

The hero and villian standing on top of a giant boulder that erupted from a volcano and is flying at incredible speed to the edge of the atmosphere while Sono Chi no Sadame plays isn't a satisfying finish? People sure are hard to satisfy these days. Also I don't think you understand how cold the vacuum of space is.

The hero and villian standing on top of a giant boulder that erupted from a volcano and is flying at incredible speed to the edge of the atmosphere while Sono Chi no Sadame plays isn't a satisfying finish? People sure are hard to satisfy these days. Also I don't think you understand how cold the vacuum of space is.

It was definitely dramatic, but it was not satisfying to me in the sense that this is the way the battle ended. I think raising your blood to 500 degrees would buy him enough time for re entry, and since when does this show follow any semblance of realism anyway.

Thank you for the link! I've been checking it and I would like to know if you made some additional photographs of good quality from the Studio Ghibli's complex most recent buildings, specially ones of the designated 'studio 3' and 'studio 5' main entrances.

As seen on the special number that BRUTUS magazine dedicated to the studio on 2011 (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4838786581/), 'studio 3' is the location for their general administrative team and 'studio 5' a training ground for the apprentices in creative positions newly assigned to the company. I'm interested mainly because, apart from that information, there is little specific images on those since the completion of their construction, and after the recent-ish turmoil created on this company's structure I'd like to confirm if those are still dedicated to the assigned tasks or maybe deemed now unnecessary and in-lease buildings.

There is the Nibariki's 'Pig House' too as one place I'd like to know more about, situated at the backyards of studios 1 & 3, but sadly it (most of the time) can't be accessed by tourists!

Also, the most recent home for the main office of GAiNAX is relatively close-by (well, not as close as where there was their old pre-fabricated building, but... still close enough), so I'd recommend a visit to it too if you are on the way there sometime.

Well, if I ever go back to the area I could probably get some pictures of the front of the buildings. Not sure it would be wise to go in and check what's going on in there or anything though :p

Not sure I'd go to the Gainax offices though, and there's plenty of other anime studios around in the western parts of Tokyo:

cajunator

Banned
LOL.. Well GAF is still a little Yuri crazy so...

tumblr_nge13vAxcC1twnbuio1_500.jpg

tumblr_npj4t15fia1src42wo1_500.gif

Shinsekai Yori, yes, that was one of the first ones everyone made me watch, lol.
Satoshi Kon? Search keeps bringing up a director...

Thank you for posting best Miyukichi.

Ah, good on you for watching Shinsekai Yori. Satoshi Kon was a director, a very good one at that. While most of his anime works are films, he has done a very unique series called Paranoia Agent, which I believe I've brought up before. It's one of my personal favourites and you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch it. The story is incredibly interesting and Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack is sublime!

i second Paranoia Agent. Watch all of it.

Awww damn :(

OMFG IM IN CLASS AND CANT WATCH THIS, IM GONE

SOON

cajunator

Banned
Lol I always give them shit, my Laggan digipak came cracked, as did my Patema Inverted digipak, the subtitles were fucked on Durarara (which they replaced thankfully), but I know people are interested in their acquisitions and news on Escaflowne and such.

I have the Japanese set pre-ordered....but man the fucking price is still killing me. Might just cancel it since I have dat Gunbuster figure on order...

What is a digipack? How is it cracked?

Critical Hit!

Goddamn.

And it would've worked on me too.

Kinda miffed at Feel for once that they did the entirety of Vol 10 in 1 episode.

If they wanted to tease Vol 11, they should've saved it for the last one.

This show has very shiny girls and I think I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom