• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Ok, so I won't click that spoiler until tomorrow then lol.

But here is another cute one from Waiting in the Summer

foxwsRk.gif

Ichika is so boring. I wish she was interesting.

You should have a catgirl avatar.

everyone should!

Kanna is the best.

I will fly my banner forever.

You and me both BEAR.
Is there another short blue haired drunk cutie with cat ears and a maid outfit in Ano Natsu?
NO THERE IS NOT.

Hastati

Aaaahhh....yeah. Guess I've forgotten most of Eva. Or didn't know that in the first place. Gotta go back~

Edit: Aaand now I'm upset that I took the Eva tour without knowing it. Thanks for the link. I'd highly recommend Hakone to anyone visiting Japan by the way, it's a really beautiful area.

After what happened in episode 8, I'm in the "Better than CR" camp.

Wellll...guess it's time to watch some Oregairu. Yay!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

vzIZK5Q.png

Tadokoro faces are the best. An episode where Soma hits a girl, everyone approves, and the girl blushes at him for doing it. Checks out.

This would totally be my AOTY if I weren't gonna disqualify it because I'm already a huge fan of the source material. Another great episode, although they are slow-rolling the material for sure - I figured a two-cour of this show would end around Chapter 100 of the manga. At Episode 11, we're on chapter 24 of the source material. I'm not really sure how long this show is supposed to run, though.

javac

Yay for a piece of garbage getting more work, the English anime industry is like an inbred trailer trash park. I'm going to repeat myself but whatever. Sevakis (founded and sold) writes for ANN that regularly posts watermarked leaks, but at the same time accused leakers of being destructive psychopaths (literally his words), when in that case (Space Dandy leak) it was the publisher's fault. The guy is still butthurt because of the Oreimo episode leak (he fucked up). Not to mention, given his twitter handle is worldofcrap and his past employment, he's likely the same user that posted several custom discs on a pirate torrent tracker. Oh, and not so long ago he threw a hissyfit because people kept saying JP discs are better than US releases (no shit, they don't penny pinch on the disc count).

lmao I'll be honest, don't even know who he is. Don't keep up with people such as himself, but he was mentioned in name so I thought that I'd include it.

Vito

Banned
lmao I'll be honest, don't even know who he is. Don't keep up with people such as himself, but he was mentioned in name so I thought that I'd include it.

Yea, he managed to make a name for himself thanks to ANN and twitter, so he's sort of considered the good authoring guy. And I have a severe ANN allergy as you probably have noticed, lol.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure 16

Lisa Lisa is gonna be Caesar's and Joseph's coach. Welp their first task was to climb up a pilar that's surrounded by oil through Hamon. Thankfully they accomplished it and didn't die.

Jex

Jojo Bizarre Adventure 16

Lisa Lisa is gonna be Caesar's and Joseph's coach. Welp their first task was to climb up a pilar that's surrounded by oil through Hamon. Thankfully they accomplished it and didn't die.

You mean, two men get really lubed up to climb a giant phallus, right?

Shokugeki no Soma - 11

Time just flew by. I'm happy they addressed Megumi's reliance on others, and Dio telling it ain't gonna hold up. Soma being rather cocky, it was nice to see him as support and doing a good job at it.
Soundtrack was used well. Hinako was pretty funny with her butt-ins and bias. Laughed so hard at the reactions.
I'd watch Magical Chefs spinoff

Arabesque

Shokugeki no Soma

Pretty great episode. I really like how they utilised the OST throughout the show, but this episode was really on point.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 17

1 down 2 to go. I loved how Esidisi and Joseph were reading each other's thoughts. Holy shit I didn't expect Esidisi to start throwing a tantrum like that. Welp he had to have disgusting tentacles.😑
RIP another instructor.

You mean, two men get really lubed up to climb a giant phallus, right?

I guess that can also apply.😌

javac

Yea, he managed to make a name for himself thanks to ANN and twitter, so he's sort of considered the good authoring guy. And I have a severe ANN allergy as you probably have noticed, lol.

Haha don't worry about it, I just genuinely didn't know who he was, so when I heard them mention a person by name I thought that maybe the guy was well known in the authoring business , but yeah he doesn't seem like the best person in the world, and I kind of doubt his authoring prowess, is that his forte these days? For what its worth, I don't frequent any anime news site. Blu-ray forum, here and certain twitter accounts and such are all that I need to follow really.

Cornbread78

I mean she's also thinking about having Hachiman's children.

Lol, perfect. The battle is over.

Can I just post the gif of it already, or is it too close to a spoiler?

Kanon 24 (END)
A wonderful show that doesn't pull its punches. So many tears in the last 2 episodes.

I almost got lost the last couple episodes since there was so much going in, but it was really good regardless. Also, best girl didn't win, imo...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol, perfect. The battle is over.

Can I just post the gif of it already, or is it too close to a spoiler?

That scene actually annoyed me because I knew they wouldn't actually go for it because its an anime and that never happens, despite how uncomfortably long they were just staring deeply into each other's eyes from like 5 inches away.

Cornbread78

That scene actually annoyed me because I knew they wouldn't actually go for it because its an anime and that never happens, despite how uncomfortably long they were just staring deeply into each other's eyes from like 5 inches away.

Was a great scene though.. The gif needs to be posted, lol. It's not a spoiler is it?

Dio 47

Spoil me plenty is
the steam roller
going to be in next weeks episode/the final episode? Or is that something that was made up for the video games?

Edit:

Forgot to post my thoughts

This show

This FUCKING SHOW

IS SO DAMN GOOD AHHHHHH!

Edit 2: Checked manga, didn't care WOOOOOOO! NEXT WEEK PLEASE BE HERE NOW!

Hastati

EDIT: ^^Wait, you forgot Blueberry Swirl! Unfortunately someone dropped it on the ground.

It's painful that Haruhi still outshines her in her own spinoff.

I think the show would have been better if Yuki was much closer to her original personality. The Yuki in this show is just pretty boring and can't possibly compete with Haruhi's imperious borderline crazy.

Another thing is how Haruhi's interest in Kyon feels forced in this show. They didn't really do justice to the interesting parts of the main characters in the series at all.

Except for cheese girl, whose name I can't ever remember. I like cheese girl.

Haha don't worry about it, I just genuinely didn't know who he was, so when I heard them mention a person by name I thought that maybe the guy was well known in the authoring business , but yeah he doesn't seem like the best person in the world, and I kind of doubt his authoring prowess, is that his forte these days? For what its worth, I don't frequent any anime news site. Blu-ray forum, here and certain twitter accounts and such are all that I need to follow really.

He gets tossed around as the best author in NA, but that's like saying he's the fastest snail in the group (still slow). His work suffers from the same color issues everyone else does and he can't make an autoplay playlist (each episode has its own playlist instead of one to tie everything together). I used to think he was good, but my opinion of him dropped after seeing his Iroha/Toradora work.

He's right about bitrate/file size not being the end-all-be-all, which some people toss around as the reason JP discs look better. It's about the encoder and their software, which no one in NA can do properly (I can't speak to UK/AU/FR/DE discs).

Paltheos

I marathoned all of SNAFU last week and am now caught up like the rest of you and NOW I NEED MY FIX. Apparently there are subs out for it but I shall keep strong and wait for crunchy.

Only 7 more hours.

Arcadius

Banned
Kanon 24 (END)

Ai1bYz9.jpg

BQf7vMF.gif

A wonderful show that doesn't pull its punches. So many tears in the last 2 episodes.

Love Kanon, cried so much throughout the 24 episodes, was my first drama based anime; so much good and the end was handled pretty well.

I almost got lost the last couple episodes since there was so much going in, but it was really good regardless. Also, best girl didn't win, imo...

Best girl being whom exactly?

I marathoned all of SNAFU last week and am now caught up like the rest of you and NOW I NEED MY FIX. Apparently there are subs out for it but I shall keep strong and wait for crunchy.

Only 7 more hours.

I'm right there with you man, plus I like watching anime on my phone

trOOly

Neo Member
EDIT: ^^Wait, you forgot Blueberry Swirl! Unfortunately someone dropped it on the ground.

I think the show would have been better if Yuki was much closer to her original personality. The Yuki in this show is just pretty boring and can't possibly compete with Haruhi's imperious borderline crazy.

Another thing is how Haruhi's interest in Kyon feels forced in this series. They didn't really do justice to the interesting parts of the main characters in this series at all.

Except for cheese girl, whose name I can't ever remember. I like cheese girl.

Cheese girl = Tsuruya. I'm glad she's getting more screen-time in this series compared to the original.

Regarding Yuki and Haruhi, I have to agree: Yuki is "best girl" for many people but any version of her is far from a strong character to lead an entire series. And Haruhi's attitudes are too unnatural. It's like "we have to get a conflict here, so let's impose this situation and this situation and voilà! Shoujo drama!"

I'm only watching it because it's part of Haruhi's franchise. Just unfortunate that season 3 of the original series is probably never going to happen.

DanMachi 11

Another show that I will miss dearly. It feels like things are only really starting now too, and yes I know that this is based on an LN and that it is why it feels that way. I'll be waiting for season 2 to come along with SNAFU3 in 2 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom