• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 1 - 13

Such a shame this show had to come to a close so early. All these creative Stand powers and the way the crew has to get out of these situations is just so darn entertaining with every episode.

The way they wrapped up the last episode was really underwhelming, but for what it's worth, I had a lot of fun with the show.

Time to start Part 4 I guess!

Hm? Stardust Crusaders isn't over yet :)
It's a 48 episode anime, with the last episode coming out next week, so you still have plenty left ;)

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 23

Fuck you Zars you scumbag.
Just when I thought he would play fair and square he had to cheat in order to beat Lisa Lisa.
This guy has no shame. Though Stroheim along with Speedwagon and Smokey came to destroy all the zombies with UV lights. You seriously just can't hate Stroheim, he may be loud and obnoxious but he's always there to help.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game

tumblr_nd3c2zbLUn1sewaplo1_500.gif

mdubs

Banned
SNAFU 11

Another good episodes, it's amazing how much better this season has been compared to the first season, thank you feel for turning SNAFU into a must watch and saving us from ugly Brains Base animation quality.

I dearly hope that in the LN there comes the day we can see a chapter called "And then, Hikigaya Hachiman took responsibility".

Gunslinger Stratos Episode 11

Best song of the anime was when they
made the breakthrough and linked the worlds to where the Time keepers were

Dont understand why we need a 12th episode :(

SNAFU 11

Another good episodes, it's amazing how much better this season has been compared to the first season, thank you feel for turning SNAFU into a must watch and saving us from ugly Brains Base animation quality.

I dearly hope that in the LN there comes the day we can see a chapter called "And then, Hikigaya Hachiman took responsibility".

Am I really the only one who feels the first season is much better than the second season.

Sterok

Re-Kan 11

Wishes from all. Some have more exotic wishes than others. Caring ghosts still cares. Hibiki gets her wish. And now something is wrong?

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon R is one of my favorite seasons, so I'll give Crystal 2 a shot, but that won't be easy. Background noise material at best.

I'll say that I see elements of the show getting a personality(nice to see Rei's academy for once), but using all the same music and effects from season 1 isn't very inspiring.

And boy does Wiseman sound awful.

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x365

Episode 1 - Woohoo! Perfect origin story episode. Was really hoping we'd get some more information about the girls. Episode focused a lot on Yuno-chi, but gave enough background information about Miya-chan and the other girls too. Funny seeing Yoshinoya-sensei too, eternally 17 indeed.

Midonin

The only shows I'm watching for summer that I need more information on are Monster Girls (when it's airing) and SuzakiNishi (what it even is.)

Hello, AnimeGaf! I will be joining you in watching anime for this summer, as well as beyond, to prepare for Japanese class. I decided to start watching it again after reading manga exclusively for the past year and a half.

Seraph of The End Episodes 1-11

I've enjoyed what I've watched so far, even if the pacing was a little fast.
Yu is a little nuisance but episode 11 ended on such a high note. Vampires are not solely the bad guys here, but it's actually humans. Nice little twist to it all.

Anyone knows how far the manga is compared to the anime?

FSN UBW 23

Yes Tohsaka proving herself as best femchar in the Fate universe, Thank you so much for your remarkable achievement. The writer must be praised for this episode.
going into the lions lair to save Shinji Matou, redeemed the writing so much. Glad he isnt going to be sacrificed for such an unworthy and cruel cause, after the extreme pain and sacrifice that he has had to suffer continously

Hello, AnimeGaf! I will be joining you in watching anime for this summer, as well as beyond, to prepare for Japanese class. I decided to start watching it again after reading manga exclusively for the past year and a half.

Seraph of The End Episodes 1-11

I've enjoyed what I've watched so far, even if the pacing was a little fast.
Yu is a little nuisance but episode 11 ended on such a high note. Vampires are not solely the bad guys here, but it's actually humans. Nice little twist to it all.

Anyone knows if the manga how far the manga is compared to the anime?

Were on chapter 14 of 32

cj_iwakura

FSN UBW 23

Yes Tohsaka proving herself as best femchar in the Fate universe, Thank you so much for your remarkable achievement. The writer must be praised for this episode.
going into the lions lair to save Shinji Matou, redeemed the writing so much. Glad he isnt going to be sacrificed for such an unworthy and cruel cause, after the extreme pain and sacrifice that he has had to suffer continously

The show really glossed over what she had to go through. The VN made that trek seem a LOT more nightmarish. You get assaulted by negative emotions just for setting foot in there.

Phatmac

FSN UBW 23

In the VN she was assaulted by all the curses in the world which was mind breaking material. They didn't convey how horrific her trek was.

Cornbread78

He does have a point, I mean not only does 8man have Yui and Yukino he also has Iroha.

But the depth of the show is so much more than that aspect. Besides, there are no romantic "relations" being requested or followed and haven't been. Most importantly, there is no Hiki relationship drama, lol.

VRMN

Seraph of the End 11

Oh, now it decides to have an unredeemable bad episode that Shinoa couldn't save and indeed contributed to the worst part, with just one episode left. Out of spite I'll watch the finale, but goddamn. What a fucking predictable shitstorm of awful clichés that was.

Seraph of the End 11

Oh, now it decides to have an unredeemable bad episode that Shinoa couldn't save and indeed contributed to the worst part, with just one episode left. Out of spite I'll watch the finale, but goddamn. What a fucking predictable shitstorm of awful clichés that was.

Hehehe, impressions of that episode is so different from mine. What did you think of the overall season? The pacing specifically?

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 24

Well what do you know Kars is still alive. Goddamnit German soldiers you had one job one fucking job, but instead you gave Kars a huge power up.😑 Anyway it was nice seeing Joseph's backstory and what had happened with his father and mother. Seriously though why do the JoJo bloodline have such shitty luck? Both Joseph's
Father and Grandfather got killed by vampires.

Seraph of the End 11

This is probably Jump Square's worst series. D-Gray Man and Blue Exorcist are so much better even if I think the later isn't that great. Still I wonder what went through the author's head when he wrote Seraph.

Seraph of the End 11

They have clearly run out of budget for this show and that is sad. This was supposed to be my mindless entertain show of the season. Ahh well, I'll still finish it regardless.

phaze

In the VN she was assaulted by all the curses in the world which was mind breaking material. They didn't convey how horrific her trek was.

She already fell victim to Shirou "save everyone" disease. Other curses are now a trifle !

Yui made that face because she thought Hachiman wasnt gonna go after Yukino with her. When he says "I can walk on my own. Lets go", her expression changes back. There wasnt anything romantic in that scene.

Ehh I think it kinda works on both levels. The subtext of his quote isn't very promising for her.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game

http://33.media.tumblr.com/02d1edfaa37a012b56d8576af61b62a9/tumblr_nd3c2zbLUn1sewaplo1_500.gif[[/QUOTE]

lol Hilarious gif.

VRMN

Hehehe, impressions of that episode is so different from mine. What did you think of the overall season? The pacing specifically?

I'd probably have dropped it pretty early on if I didn't really like Shinoa's character and the backgrounds are constantly gorgeous. I've never had more than a "well, at least it's entertainingly bad" opinion of it. But episode 11 was painful to watch with how many stupid action series cliches they managed to cram into 24 minutes.

Gunslinger Stratos Episode 11

Best song of the anime was when they
made the breakthrough and linked the worlds to where the Time keepers were

Dont understand why we need a 12th episode :(

Damn that 12th episode is forced.. we indeed didn't need this.
They achieved cooperation and now they are going to fight ? stupid. Damn it's stupid beyond anything.

Mandelbo

Dirty Pair 01-02

I don't think I've ever watched an anime that's quite so 80s. Obviously it's from the 80s, but it's just so... 80s. The music, the art, Kei's hairstyle... everything!

Really enjoying this so far, though. The art style is fantastic, with the ship designs in episode 2 being my favourite of what I've seen so far - but the costumes, weaponry and locations all have a very distinct look about them. I'm not sure of the best way to phrase it, but everything feels like it belongs rather than simply being cut and paste sci-fi concepts.

You can also tell they're having a lot of fun with this - the show doesn't really take itself all that seriously, as is immediately obvious with the big bad of the first episode being a supercomputer called Brian (I wonder how they came up with that name :p) and the back and forth quips between Yuri and Kei, even in life threatening situations! The premise also allows them to do pretty much anything they want - Yuri and Kei are basically just bounty hunters that get hired to fix any kind of problem, so I'm very interested in seeing where the show goes with it.

My only real issue so far is that the OP feels a little awkwardly composed around the halfway point; it just sort of stops, like the musicians didn't really know what they should be doing, then picks up again somewhat clumsily. Yeah, I'm nitpicking, but it still bugs me.

DIO'S WORLD PART 3

The OP was amazing. I did not expect that at all, goddamn.

Animation and art was really spotty this episode sadly. Especially notable on DIO himself in various points in the episode...although this still looks better then lots of Part 1/2 and the BDs should look amazing. Other then that the episode was really really good. The Jotaro cracking DIO's skull, Jotaro stopping his heart, the knives, the magnet trick, the manhole, so damn good. The mindgames in this fight are great, Jotaro pretty much uses the playing dead trick Joseph used in Part 2.

This episode made me feel like a young kid on Christmas Morning and my present was DIO getting his skull caved in. I really really love this fight, the constant back and forth between DIO and Jotaro is great. The one with the clear upper hand flip flops so many times.

DIO's frenzy form after taking Joseph's blood looks so goofy :lol

Oh and to talk about one of Phaze's comments about DIO being too OP so there had to be some asspulls (minor spoilers but not for this fight) -

Araki fucking loves overpowered villains, which is awesome but it usually means some bullshit has to happen. This is probably less bullshit then what Joseph did to beat Kars but that was amazing and awesome so who cares, it all works out in the end

Overlord anime

This looks dumb enough for me to enjoy

Seraph of the end - 11

Damn good first part , damn not as good second part.

I don't really see what the complains are about ... it's less detailled , but it was still very nicely animated.

I'd probably have dropped it pretty early on if I didn't really like Shinoa's character and the backgrounds are constantly gorgeous. I've never had more than a "well, at least it's entertainingly bad" opinion of it. But episode 11 was painful to watch with how many stupid action series cliches they managed to cram into 24 minutes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Shinoa! Too bad she collapsed into fodder in the last two episode.

Paltheos

Am I really the only one who feels the first season is much better than the second season.

Better? I don't know. Season 1 is more digestible imo. I had an easier time following the events of season 1 than season 2, which I've more often had to mull over to figure out. The second half of season 2 has been easier in that regard, the first half not so much. I don't know whether I or the show is the cause.

e_i

Denpa Kyoushi episode 11

ytFqBN2.png

What, I don't even.

Also, the animation was QUALITY this episode. Koutaro's outfit kept changing throughout the second half of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom