• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Ruffles must be hard to animate!

Derp.

qfw2rPC.png

Quasar

SNAFU 11

Another good episodes, it's amazing how much better this season has been compared to the first season, thank you feel for turning SNAFU into a must watch and saving us from ugly Brains Base animation quality.

Thats totally on the source material imo.

World Trigger 34

I find it hard to believe that an elite of Argotknaut(spelling?) wouldn't compensate their abilities against non trion bodies. Those elites must have killed people when their enemies' trion runs out, has he always relied on others to do deliver that blow? It can't be the first time he has fought an enemy that has figured it out.

Arcadius

Banned
Denpa Kyoushi episode 11

ytFqBN2.png

What, I don't even.

Also, the animation was QUALITY this episode. Koutaro's outfit kept changing throughout the second half of the episode.

Looks cute, read the synopsis, will probably watch this. Looking forward to your continued reviews of episodes.

cajunator

Banned
TBA, I was referrring to more of the slice of life/romance stuff. I really haven't watched anything from the 80's and 90's at all. Everythign I've seen is much more recent and available for streaming.

You have so much other stuff to watch.

Planetes

Boy, I can't stand this Tanabe character. She actually threatened to chuck someone's coffin into the atmosphere rather than respect the wishes of the family. How does somebody become that self righteous and preachy?

I'm hoping she dies soon in an accident.

leave Ai alone! She's a sweetheart!

You're talking about these, right?

H-h nnnnnnnnnnngh
well Im convinced already.

Mirai Nikki - 22

wow.. Yukki I think you fucked up big time. This didn't hit me as hard as I think the show wanted it to, that last scene what brutal though. It reminded me when you chop the head of a chicken

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 25

Stroheim is the true MVP. The dude always finds a way to help and ends up getting body crushed. Also WTF a maneating squirrel. I find it funny how magma is the proposed idea in defeating Kars. Seriously though that scumbag needs to go down.

Also please don't
let Joseph die. I've already had enough with Jonathan, Zepelli, and Caesar dying. I don't know if I can take another one.

Midonin

Go! Princess Precure 20

So Kanata's sister,
Towa, was Twilight all along. We all knew this. He knew this.
But this was still a great episode, if only for seeing the Hope Kingdom with some lovely piano music, and the way it ended. Damn.
Towalight getting her own dark magical girl transformation sequence, all setting up for a major battle against Haruka two weeks from now.

Why does it have to be two weeks? I can't wait that long!

UBW 23

Goddamn this episode's hype was real. They did a great job with this one, everything looked great. The moment with Ea was badass and beautiful at the same time.

Hastati

Denpa Kyoushi episode 11

ytFqBN2.png

What, I don't even.

Also, the animation was QUALITY this episode. Koutaro's outfit kept changing throughout the second half of the episode.

I'm gonna have to watch this now

Abstract physics-bending ruffles ftw

John Blade

cossetteu-le-portrait-de-petit-cossette-32830622-853-480.png

Wow.....I have nothing to say right now as it's very fresh from watching. I think I will post point of my impression for now.

• Visual art look interesting. Help make the mood of the show quite well as you start to see the world the main character is going to to see the Cossette.
  • Lot's of death imaginary in the entire show (like skeleton, death body, crow, etc).
  • Tons of blood imaginary in the show.
  • Music help quite a bit of the tone of the show. Make some of the major scene even more emotional.
  • Character development of the main character is interesting to watch as you're seeing him start to turn crazy in some ways as he need Cossette to survive.
  • Some unanswered questions but it might be something I need to rewatch to understand a bit.
  • The past of Cossette life is sad as you found out what happened to her and why it have to be happened. Very fuck up I have to say by the name of love.

That's all I can say right now. I might write a much deeper impression if I have time next week. It's an interesting show I have to say. I can't say I hate or love it but one thing for sure, it's an interesting ride for me to watch it. Would say give this show a try as this isn't the usual anime show in the market.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories ep.11
maxresdefault.jpg

I can't take much more of this insane sweetness. Seriously, this episode was so damn super sticky sweet. I mean, we know how it ends and it already hurts two episodes early just thinking about it. I'm not sure I can watch that ending though, as they are making this couple so damn cute. I mean, like, damn cute. Someone is pinching the back of my neck as hard as they can aren't they *sniff snif*

Plastic Memories ep.11
maxresdefault.jpg

I can't take much more of this insane sweetness. Seriously, this episode was so damn super sticky sweet. I mean, we know how it ends and it already hurts two episodes early just thinking about it. I'm not sure I can watch that ending though, as they are making this couple so damn cute. I mean, like, damn cute. Someone is pinching the back of my neck as hard as they can aren't they *sniff snif*

I wanna believe that they will pull a super cheesy safe ending and that she's a super robot that can't lose her memories because of love or some shit. I don't even care anymore
Just make it happen!

Narag

Victory Gundam 12

Side stuff with Fuala second guessing herself and the old fishmonger resisting BESPA was great. Sometimes Tomino's ideas actually pan out like they do in his head, I guess!

Cornbread78

I wanna believe that they will pull a super cheesy safe ending and that she's a super robot that can't lose her memories because of love or some shit. I don't even care anymore
Just make it happen!

*snif*

Sorry, I had to take a moment to gather myself still. I don't think they can do that, besides, they already have a spin off planned with Michiru as the lead... I'm gonna need a support group in two weeks..

Cornbread78

Wait, what. I haven't heard of this

Just Manga right now:

Manga
A spin-off manga adaptation, illustrated by Yūyū and titled Plastic Memories: Say to Good-bye (プラスティック・メモリーズ Say to good-bye), features Michiru Kinushima as the protagonist. It will begin serialization in the June 2015 issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Comic. The first tankōbon volume, which contains chapters published before the serialization, was published on April 27, 2015.[4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Memories

Just Manga right now:

Manga
A spin-off manga adaptation, illustrated by Yūyū and titled Plastic Memories: Say to Good-bye (プラスティック・メモリーズ Say to good-bye), features Michiru Kinushima as the protagonist. It will begin serialization in the June 2015 issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Comic. The first tankōbon volume, which contains chapters published before the serialization, was published on April 27, 2015.[4]

Ahhh okay I see. She could still be alive in it right? Right?! Because of the power of love?!

mdubs

Banned
Just Manga right now:

Manga

Will read just for Michiru, she's the best.

Noirulus

Hey dudes. I was looking through the top poster list and it's cool to see that there are so many new members of Anime-GAF. I've stopped watching anime ages ago but it's nice that this community is still fairly active. :D

I've got a question. What's the status of anime on the Alive - Dead scale?

Sterok

Sugar Sugar Rune 1-8

Why does a show about a Magical Queenliness Test focused on love have a protagonist with more bite to her than magical girl shows that deal with actual violence like Precure? I want Chocolat as a Precure protagonist. Also, the show is about these two girls from another world coming to Earth to seduce men, manipulate their emotions, and take their hearts. These are our heroes? Sometimes I am shocked by how dark this genre can get. Also, middle schoolers are creepy. Like they don't belong here. Creep me out more than most actual villains. Overall, a cute show about a Cute Witch and her exploits over love.

Also, the second protagonist's name is Vanilla Ice. I'm sure there's a joke to be made here, but I'm not sure what exactly.

Cornbread78

Hey dudes. I was looking through the top poster list and it's cool to see that there are so many new members of Anime-GAF. I've stopped watching anime ages ago but it's nice that this community is still fairly active. :D

Welcome. Your question is pretty subjective and personal in my opinion, however, I'm not qualified to answer about the industry as a whole.

Narag

It's dead after JoJo ends next week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alive --------------------- Dead ------- anime ----------- ???

TUSR

Banned

Alive --------------------- Dead ---------------------Saved by Trigger---- anime ---------------------- ???

Alive --------------------- Dead ------- Saved by Trigger------------------------------- anime ---------------------- ???

Narag

Victory Gundam 13

Quarter of the way through and I'm loving this. I'm curious when it all falls apart or if it even does and maybe people just can't handle all this Tomino. Then again, I thought the same about Gundam 00 S2 and those wounds never healed.

Cornbread78

As a fan of tsunderes, I like Mirchiru.

Let me guess, you're a Chitoge lover as well?

Ahhh okay I see. She could still be alive in it right? Right?! Because of the power of love?!

Just stop, you're going to make it harder on yourself. I just don't want to think about it right now.

Will read just for Michiru, she's the best.

Lol, she has some finer points, but she is much better now than she was originally.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Somewhere in the middle. Will be alive when prison school air.

Jojo stardust crusader latest

DIO look like shit in this episode. I ddon't like DIO design in the ova, but at least that one is more consistent. Still, hype episode with Jotaro turn super saiyan and using his wit to outsmart DIO.

Punchline 10

cant wait to see next episode

Ninja Slayer 9
fuck and sayonara!
Transferring soul to irc. That some super hacker shit

Narag

74169l.jpg

It's okay, people will watch you. Despite things looking rough out there, you're gonna be fine. I've heard good things about your manga, you're animated by BONES, you've got the potential.

You can do it Akagami. You can save the Summer season!

Shortly thereafter, Shirayuki passes an exam for a position to train in the palace as a pharmacist. The story follows Shirayuki and her friends as she finds her place in Clarines and carries out her duties as a court pharmacist.

BONES wasting Ando again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Symphogear Episode 1:

Right, with the Summer season impending it is time to clean the slate and catch up on a few titles that are having new seasons. Two seasons of Symphogear and two seasons of Working!! to watch. Anyway, I actually rather enjoyed this, especially after looking at anime of the early 2000s and realizing just how ugly most of it looks today. Also stuff and things happening and it was entertaining to watch unlike certain other overrated series. Anyway, I see Symphogear is indeed bringing the noise but will it be bringing the funk as well?

Symphogear Episode 1:

Right, with the Summer season impending it is time to clean the slate and catch up on a few titles that are having new seasons. Two seasons of Symphogear and two seasons of Working!! to watch. Anyway, I actually rather enjoyed this, especially after looking at anime of the early 2000s and realizing just how ugly most of it looks today. Also stuff and things happening and it was entertaining to watch unlike certain other overrated series. Anyway, I see Symphogear is indeed bringing the noise but will it be bringing the funk as well?

I got done with Symphogear a week ago and still can't tell if it was worth it so good luck I guess?

Jurassic World

There were dinosaurs in it. I didn't really expect anything else!

5/10 Mad Max Fury Roads! That's still pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom