• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned

Everyone is best girl!

Soma 11

Is it wrong that my favorite thing about this ecchi battle shonen cooking show aren't the battles, ecchi or the cooking but the

Of course not! I consider the reactions to tasting the food is the anime's signature element.

As said before its a lot like Yakitate Japan. I think the manga creator was heavily influenced by it, in all the right ways.

Overlord anime

I really like Shalltears design. This show will be banned in China though.

Genmu Senki Leda (Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko) is a 1985 OVA directed by Kunihiko Yuyama, who is best known for his work on the Pokémon anime series and movies. This very short but sweet story revolves around Yohko, an ordinary high school girl who composes a song in order to express how she feels about a boy that she’s fallen in love with. Up until this point however she hasn’t had the courage to let her feelings be known, but with this song by her side she hopes to be able to confess her love to him. While taking a walk one day she bumps into the boy, but lacking the courage she walks past him while listening to the very song that she composed, and at that moment she is transported to another dimension, a world simply known as Ashanti. Things get weird as she tries to return back to her home. At an hour and 10 minutes, this is a short but very entertaining OVA that I enjoyed more than I expected. Also, did I mention that she meets a talking dog along the way?

The general consensus to Leda is that it’s a pretty decent OVA but nothing special, so I was pleasantly surprised when I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. The animation in Leda really had me spellbound at just how great it looked and moved, reminiscent of a time gone by. Although in no way full of fine, intricate details, the very painterly visage that encompasses the entirety of Leda makes way for a welcoming aesthetic that’s a joy to look at. The cast of Leda is small but full of many distinct and interestingly designed characters that are equally as fun to watch. With many exciting set-pieces, married with dynamic cinematography that captures the action perfectly, Leda is in no doubt a great looking and very fun to watch OVA from a visual standpoint.

Leda actually surprised me by containing some more artsy scenes that make use of contrasting colors in order to represent different time periods, dreams and memories. Leda is a very pretty OVA and the visuals alone warrant a viewing. The art can be simple, but it’s just really effective and interesting to watch, and although the story can be equally as simple and slow, the visuals really draw you in.

The character designs are again; both distinct and appealing, all encompassed by a very intriguing movement that makes them interesting to watch. It’s hard to describe, but again in terms of character animation, they’re very fascinating to watch, and while viewing Leda I noticed that this strange animation only exists during the scenes that take place within Ashanti, the other dimension and thus felt that it was purposely done in order to capture the other-worldly feeling, being alien and dreamlike in nature, and it does this successfully. The character designs themselves are done by the talented Mutsumi Inomata, who’s worked on character designs for all of the Tales Of series of video games as well as other anime such as the film Windaria. The character designs are charming, cliched and fun.

Speaking of designs, mechanical designs were headed by Takahiro Toyomasu, who although is known as a key animator these days, was a main animator for Leda as well as well as mechanical designer. The designs are pretty interesting here all in all.

Along with the animation, the highlight of Leda is the brilliant soundtrack. With a few vocal tracks littered throughout the OVA, it helps create this music video vibe that I thoroughly enjoy, and helps make each and every scene memorable and enjoyable. Both the music and fluid animation really conjured up the same feelings I got when playing old JRPG’s and such, and I think that’s the best way to explain something like Leda. The story is simple, the villains are one dimensional, but the whole thing is fun to just watch and listen to as the main character whizzes by at high-speeds on her bike through a forest and into a desert. You just become entranced with this sense of wonder and joy and in all honestly OVA’s such as this have a huge place in my heart. Very fun and peppy, it contains a very simple story that actually contains some unique bits here and there, especially on the visual side as it conveys certain feelings and emotions with unique visuals that catch your attention. And like the story itself, the script is also very simple; being written by Junki Takegami (worked on the script for series such as City hunter, Inuyasha, Maison Ikkoku and Pokemon) it’s charming, silly and stilted in an endearing way.

The music, done by the great Shiro Sagisu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) is as equally as mesmerizing as the visuals themselves, both memorable and catchy. This is without a doubt a high point of the OVA and a soundtrack that I’ll be listening to for a long time to come.

Containing many tropes, it’s both silly and stilted, and yet very charming and fun to watch, again reminiscent of an old 16 or 32 bit JRPG, transporting you to this other world for a little time while you quite literally escape this reality if just for a little while as you watch in awe as the pretty visuals and fun, catchy, cheesy and yet heartfelt music pulls you in, further into the world of Ashanti. It’s definitely something that I enjoyed and straight up my alley. If you have a place in your heart for a one hour romp, a world with a talking dog, a time traveling Walkman and magical girl warriors in scantily dressed armor, then Leda is for you.

Overall: 8/10
Very enjoyable, with great animation and a fun soundtrack, characters are simple and full of tropes and cliches, and yet enjoyable and fun to watch, all wrapped up in a simple, but entertaining story.
Story: 6
Animation: 9
Sound: 9
Character: 7
Enjoyment: 10

Thanks. might check this show out sometime. It has that early moe~ look to it, like Galaxy Fraulein Yuna. Yuna was a super cutie!

Well, if I ever go back to the area I could probably get some pictures of the front of the buildings. Not sure it would be wise to go in and check what's going on in there or anything though :p

Not sure I'd go to the Gainax offices though, and there's plenty of other anime studios around in the western parts of Tokyo:

Thats an interesting map. any idea why the west part of tokyo has so many studios? Is there a particular characteristic or feature of the area that makes it studio friendly?

PK Gaming

Hey guys what's going on in this...

*sees Euphonium yuri*

I don't care what lies ahead

No time for guessing follow my plan instead!

Find that next ship no matter what that may be

Take my lead don't worry 'bout yuri!

Follow me, set yourselves free,

Trust me, you guys will move on from the yuri!

You'll make it through prove it to you!

Follow me!

There comes a time when someone makes that 1 in a 10 000 post

This is that post

Just rewatched Full Metal panic The Second Raid and remembered the times when Kyoani used to adapt good shows and made use of their talent (damn those action scenes). Now it's about never ending moe adaptions *tears.gif*

Just rewatched Full Metal panic The Second Raid and remembered the times when Kyoani used to adapt good shows and made use of their talent (damn those action scenes). Now it's about never ending moe adaptions *tears.gif*
Because if this is thread is any indication of it, Moe sells. Big time. Ask our biggest consumer Cajun.

Cornbread78

H2O FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND ep. 1-7:
Man, I forgot where my last post left off with this one, but this show has such a sad undertone to it. In ep. 6 we find out that the promised one, has a
"time limit"
I guess it's all starting to make a lot more sense now in Ep. 7 when some of the crazy secrets start coming out, but her
recreated ending is different than what the spirit is telling him in ep. 6
Long story short. This is not going to end happy for everyone and something terrible is going to happen.... I hate when they make you feel this pain ahead of time...

cajunator

Banned
I'm still mad that i'm only 2 volumes from a complete collection.

If I want to finish it I have to get the last 3 JP volumes. Needing this consistent, I would rather just purchase the whole JP series and say fuck it for consistency.

I don't even care if they made them buy on order and bumped the price up to $100 or some shit, I just want the last two volumes.

So what is the situation BEAR?
They quit releasing volumes in the US?

To give a bit of context to the artwork, this is advertising an art exhibition in Komoro (where AnoNatsu takes place) featuring art from the TV show. The original series had a positive effect on tourism there so I presume they want to continue the links.

Question:
If otaku are the ones watching and supporting shows like this, and otaku are known for not going outside and socializing much, then how does a niche show like Ano Natsu appreciably increase tourism? Is viewership of late night anime a lot more than we thought?

Saudades

-Aya Suzuki worked on Dream Machine and quickly commented on it saying that a lot of preproduction stuff was done and it was looking gorgeous in color.
That's Satoshi Kon's Dream Machine right? Glad to hear it's still alive somewhere.
Thanks for the write-up!

Spice and Wolf heh, now that's a show where pandering is an actual problem. I can't look at Holo and see anything else but all kinds of pandering traits. I mean it already starts with this ancient wolf god turning into a young, hot quasi-furry for no discernable reason.

Since a lot of the economics theory in the show are supposedly also false, what good is there.

Because if this is thread is any indication of it, Moe sells. Big time. Ask our biggest consumer Cajun.

Oh I absolutely know the reason why they are doing this. K-on sold crazy amounts and they are trying to replicate it. Doesn't make it any less sad (for me).

Well Hibike! is a great show, in spite of the yuri baiting.

Well I might have used hyperbole (because of my frustration, I actually liked K-on) but it feels like that year after year they are adapting exactly the same kind of shows. Would be nice if they tried something different once in a while.

cajunator

Banned
This is a digipak:

I'm sure you own many of them already, and that's the name they're given. It's a type of case that you can get with films and games, usually collectors editions.The other most popular types of cases being the Keep Case (DVD sized) Amaray (manufacturer of the standard blue cases you get with Blu-rays, with the name being synonymous for that type of case) and Steelbook. I prefer standard Amaray and Keep Cases myself.

Thanks. Now Im jelly that we didnt get Haibane Renmei blurays (although I heard they dont improve the quality very much over my Pioneer DVDs anyway)

Sailor Moon Crystal 13

Good god this show is so boring. Did they only have budget for the same three songs with stock choir vocals? The Dark Moon arc better be worth finishing this crap off for.

I dont understand how a series that could start as strong as SAilor Moon did could have such a boring adaptation? Granted I stopped watching Crystal about 4 episodes into it.
Its SMR levels of boring.

Here you go
tumblr_npwa2kcRXw1qcsnnso1_540.gif

Hnnnng.
Saber always the best waifu. This show occasionally looks very good.

cajunator

Banned
SNAFU 11

Another good episodes, it's amazing how much better this season has been compared to the first season, thank you feel for turning SNAFU into a must watch and saving us from ugly Brains Base animation quality.

I dearly hope that in the LN there comes the day we can see a chapter called "And then, Hikigaya Hachiman took responsibility".

So this show was made by two different studios? Who is doing the current one?

Hello, AnimeGaf! I will be joining you in watching anime for this summer, as well as beyond, to prepare for Japanese class. I decided to start watching it again after reading manga exclusively for the past year and a half.

Seraph of The End Episodes 1-11

I've enjoyed what I've watched so far, even if the pacing was a little fast.
Yu is a little nuisance but episode 11 ended on such a high note. Vampires are not solely the bad guys here, but it's actually humans. Nice little twist to it all.

Anyone knows how far the manga is compared to the anime?

If you want a lot of exposure to japanese in anime then definitely watch anything by NisioIsin.

If you think that's bad, I'm only watching one.

Non Non Biyori Repeat.

Well if you gotta make it count you've chosen a good one!

Dirty Pair 01-02

I don't think I've ever watched an anime that's quite so 80s. Obviously it's from the 80s, but it's just so... 80s. The music, the art, Kei's hairstyle... everything!

Really enjoying this so far, though. The art style is fantastic, with the ship designs in episode 2 being my favourite of what I've seen so far - but the costumes, weaponry and locations all have a very distinct look about them. I'm not sure of the best way to phrase it, but everything feels like it belongs rather than simply being cut and paste sci-fi concepts.

You can also tell they're having a lot of fun with this - the show doesn't really take itself all that seriously, as is immediately obvious with the big bad of the first episode being a supercomputer called Brian (I wonder how they came up with that name :p) and the back and forth quips between Yuri and Kei, even in life threatening situations! The premise also allows them to do pretty much anything they want - Yuri and Kei are basically just bounty hunters that get hired to fix any kind of problem, so I'm very interested in seeing where the show goes with it.

My only real issue so far is that the OP feels a little awkwardly composed around the halfway point; it just sort of stops, like the musicians didn't really know what they should be doing, then picks up again somewhat clumsily. Yeah, I'm nitpicking, but it still bugs me.

I agree on the OP. Russian is catchy but very disjointed. dirty Pair is quality 80s cheese. My favorite kind!

Denpa Kyoushi episode 11

ytFqBN2.png

What, I don't even.

Also, the animation was QUALITY this episode. Koutaro's outfit kept changing throughout the second half of the episode.

the premise seems interesting but who is this cutie?

cajunator

Banned

Yup, thats Dragonball alright!

I'very been looking for some top rated stuff online that I might be missing, but nothing good has popped up yet because like opinions are Soo different, lol

Watch Full Moon O Sagashite.

Hey dudes. I was looking through the top poster list and it's cool to see that there are so many new members of Anime-GAF. I've stopped watching anime ages ago but it's nice that this community is still fairly active. :D

I've got a question. What's the status of anime on the Alive - Dead scale?

Anime is very much alive. Show By Rock saved it.

I cant wait to see this. It looks like the most hilarious adorable thing ever.
I already ordered the nendoroid.

In a season of middling-bad mofu and ass shows it's up to Strike Witches 3 to be the savior of both once again.

But Zachy, Show By Rock is wonderful! I like Etotama also but that might be too much of a frenetic pace for most people. As a fan of Excel Saga it is my kind of show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't they close down all the OT and Community threads once the E3 conferences start to lessen the burdon on the servers? Or am I completely losing my mind this year...

I don't even know why. The whole site breaks anyways. *shrug*

cajunator

Banned
Certainly for me I'd say both Shuffle and Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Help Anime Connoisseurs! I just finished watching Death Parade, and while it was a great experience, I also desperately need something to lighten the mood. Can anyone here suggest some short (1-2 cours) comedy shows that really make you laugh out loud? Preferably something that came out within the past 4 years or so (I've watched a lot of the older stuff already). Here are some examples of recent-ish comedies I liked:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Danshi Koukousei no nichijo
The one where a high school kid has a curse that forces him to make decisions (can't for the life of me remember the name)
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service
Binan Koukou something something

Guess I'm looking for something light-hearted after the emotional heaviness of Death Parade. I'm not too fond of harems/reverse-harems unless they have truly exceptional humor. Also, I'm looking for shows that are completed.

Thanks!

Love Lab
GJBu
Chronicles of the Going Home CLub
DFrag
Binbougami Ga
Sabagebu

Have you seen The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior (Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)?

I forgot about this show. How do yall keep up with these?

It is how we cope with SAO II.

A good dose of Sinon is all I need to cope.

Kansoku

Samurai Flamenco

Wow, there really is a place called Eromanga.

Now, to be honest, Samumenco is a mess. It started kinda nice, then episode 7 turned things insane, then it became a mess. Things kept escalating without need to, and I feel it overstayed it's welcome. Halfway trough it I honestly couldn't care about the characters anymore, and it surprisingly became a little boring. The last 4 episodes were especially bad.

I was enjoying it at the beginning, and the twist was nice, but after that, it got kinda mediocre for me. Right after I finished it I was thinking it was actually kinda nice, but the more I think about it, the less fondly I remember it.

cajunator

Banned
So at this point people have received or are starting to receive their posters, so the saga is finally over. I just wanted to thank everyone who bought one and Mockingbird for running it behind the scenes. The poster looks nice!

I still have LOGH, the rest of Utena and Kanon in mind, so I haven't forgotten. I'll get to those soonish. lol

ah shit I forgot about this. I got an email but I was working a lot and totally forgot to respond to it.
Wonder if its too late now.

I think it's this show, I might be wrong though.

Excel Saga is GOAT tier comedy. A word of warning though, it is one of the most out of control, over the top, energetic comedies you will ever see. Marathoning it is exhausting.
Take in measured doses.

This actually looks pretty cool.

I'm never going to be able to clear my backlog am I?

NO you will never ever see the end of that backlog.

That gif is one of the random sketch you see in Excel Saga. I mean literally, they're tons of random sketch in this show which somehow interconnect a main story in somewhere. Here are more pics from the show below.

tumblr_lr88ioMg6y1qk6yyko1_500.gif
tumblr_n7mt3pYmid1qikszdo1_400.gif
tumblr_m5qvbuAYID1qh3v5mo1_500.png
tumblr_mf4epxYYbG1ryd7reo1_500.gif
tumblr_lueoxw8ufg1qf15w0o1_400.gif
tumblr_n1o6qkAJEx1rxb8ifo1_500.gif
tumblr_myra83mR1U1rdr029o1_400.gif

This is actually the more normal stuff in this series believe it or not.

Rec - 01 - 10 [complete]

Some very average romance and drama with nothing outstanding about it, though it wasn't set in a school setting at least. 5/10

Like it or hate it, you gotta love the OP song!

cajunator

Banned
Bored - time to check out Steins Gate.

Steins;Gate is an excellent cure for boredom. It will entertain you throughout.

Yeahhhh....
TknNSao.gif

No lesbian subtext there.

Their teasing was too damn thick. You don't just backpedal on a seriously touching moment a couple of episodes back by saying... "Oh, they're just REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY close friends."

After watching Yurikuma Arashi, this feels even more depressing.
Fucking Invisible Storm.

Ive never known any friends who trace each others lips like that. Except a couple friends who turned out to be lesbians. Just saying.

marvelous.

Kiniro Mosaic 1

I don't know what the point of this was, but I got diabetes. Thanks, Japan.

Thats exactly the point of it.

CorvoSol

Rah Xephon- Series Review

I recently decided to reconsider my stance on two shows I had once spat the hottest of vitriol at. These are 00 Gundam Season 1 and Rah Xephon. I figured, I'd been wrong before, so maybe I should check and see if I was wrong here.

I wasn't.

Rah Xephon stands out to me as one of the most cosmically dull mecha anime I've ever seen, and easily the absolute worst I've ever watched. It's impressive how a show can be so irritatingly smug about having spent so much time doing nothing more than set up the most pathetically banal Shinji x Misato fanfic I've ever seen. It's nearly an insult to the quality writing at fanfiction.net to even compare this trash to that, because at least that trash is honest about what it is.

Meet Shitty Ikari, a painter or something, who spends most of his time trying to keep his raging incest boner under control when he's not staring angrily at people for reasons. He'll spend all series painting a picture of nothing and then put his foot through it at the last minute because symbolism. Try not to stare at his hideous Lord Voldemort nose.

This is Haruka Shitow, and despite what you're thinking I didn't even have to force the word shit into her name. Convenient. Haruka spends her days creeping on little boys who are definitely her cousins and not doing her fucking job. She has nothing but the most honorable of intentions inviting little boys to Neverland, where she will never answer the questions she promises to answer.

This is because answers don't matter in Rah Xephon because there's only one answer to any question you might like to ask, and that's "Because Eva did it."

"What's with all the symbolism from a strange and far off culture?"
"Because Eva did it."
"What's with all the weird train scenes inside Kamina's head when he was only on a train one time?"
"Eva did it so"
"Why does the Rah Xephon do that thing in the last few episodes."
"Because it was in End of Evangelion."
"How do Dolems even work"
"Well you see Angels in Evangelion ..."
"Why are we wasting time on this scientist's subplot?'
"Why didn't this secret cabal's conspiracy storyline ever go anywhere?"
"What's with the boring girl who somehow is super important and definitely not human?"
"How did they build a red version of the Rah Xephon?"
"Why is this reporter here dropping all this exposition about the incest subplot?"

And so on. Rah Xephon's dedication to being Eva ranges from carbon copy to satisfying the director's very specific need for Shinji to want to bone Misato, but never really far into that frightening realm of originality. And while it's obvious status as the most well funded fan fiction before 50 Shades of Grey came out is easily the most glaring crime, there's more to it than that.

Where Evangelion was a complicated, but focused tale of how truly fucked up life working with Super Robots would be, Rah Xephon clearly isn't as dedicated in its assessment of mankind as terrible, flawed creatures. This results in the show wavering back and forth in its character's actions and reactions. It's most glaring with the star, Kamina. At times Ayato seems to be a more levelheaded Shinji, which makes sense because the most we see of his mother at first is that she's simply away at work all the time and perhaps a bit emotionally withdrawn from him.

Yet when he arrives in Tokyo-3, er, Nirai Kanai, he begins to dance back and forth between erratic and over the top irritation at inconsequential sleights and heroic determination in the face of adversity many times greater than that. It's made all the stranger when we actually see more of Mrs. Kamina and discover that, despite having betrayed mankind to an alien race, she's actually a fairly affectionate woman toward her son. She makes his lunch, embraces him when possible, and tries long and hard to win him back. Some might throw this as "so she isn't Gendo and your 1:1 is wrong" but I'd assert the show has plenty of other Gendo stand ins and it's all the weirder that Ayato's behavior toward her is only really warranted if she were as cold and abusive as Gendo's.

But I digress too deeply into the realm of Eva comparisons. Rah Xephon is plenty terrible on its own. As much of the series finale as isn't a retread of Eva's centers on a convoluted love story revolving around time delays, maybe-maybe-not biological incest and one long, odd con in the form of Reika Mishima.

It goes without saying that I found the romance devoid of any sort of chemistry, and part of the reason for that is because Haruka withholds most of her information for most of the show. It's also because Ayato seemed incapable of doing more than sighing at girls the entire time until suddenly he becomes a family man for a woman he barely knows. Add to it the fact that Haruka becomes less and less competent as she becomes more and more involved with him and that the two are shepherded together by a wacky cosmic owl who spends a week pretending to be a bridge bunny to fuck with the trussed up sort of villain and it becomes typical of the show: you're expected to regard it as a big deal, but the build up's all wrong, or isn't there at all.

cajunator

Banned
HELLLOOOOO Kirino Mosaic - 11

Code:
What are we ?

Where are we coming from ?

The answer 

KIN -PATSU 

KIIIIIIIIIN

PATSU

She certainly understand ..no both members of the golden hair alliance are deep in their fantasies as we observe just how deep aya is in "friendship"
This episode could have been just a simple kimzona episode but as usual , things get hetic for the silliest of reasons.
Shino is golden hair deprived , and goddamn she dreams big. a perfect dream that will probably satisfy everyone

Ah this episode ended really well ..karen is THE BEST when she is the villain , and this episode proves it.. They even added 2 henchemen in order to spice things up. The result is glorious and i'm worried what they 'll do to top this next week.
Regardless , nobody can deny that aya/yoko is being shipped hard , very hard:

Finally a yurier transformation scene than futari wa Pretty cure !!! I'll take it !

Yeah I squeed at that transformation. KinMoza is greatness.

The prize , you know everyone want the prize...
How many contestants so far ? 5 ??
hestia, freya,lili,wellenstein,eina

who wouldn't want this prize ?

Worst prize ever.

I think it's very cute!! Very anime and very cute~

well thats true!

What's the anime he is referring to? I will watch it next.

Soma/Food Wars

Hehehe, I'm pretty sure I've always been like this =). Though I take "going full Cajun" as one of the best compliments ever, so thank you!

I don't think he'd want to read that at all. Pretty sure most people wouldn't. Similarities between then and now are pretty large I believe.

Aww thanks you Arcy <3

Those Who Hunt Elves II 11

Yeah so ready for this to be done. It runs into the pitfall encountered by most comedies in that there's probably more bad than good. We'll see how it ends though. (Just not tonight.)

Season 2 wasnt nearly as addictive as the first. Second season syndrome I guess.
You seem to be struggling to finish it.

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x &#9734;&#9734;&#9734;

Another fantastic season that continues the adventures of Yuno-chi, Miya-chan, Hiro and Sae. We're introduced to two new members, Nori and Nazuna, the new freshmen who attend Yamabuki High School and live in the Hidamari Apartment.

I still love the art style used by SHAFT, the beautiful and extremely cute pastel colors are such a joy to look at. The animation this season seems to be a lot better than the previous ones too.

I love Yuno-chi and Nazuna, I think they're fantastic characters in Hidamari Sketch x &#9734;&#9734;&#9734;, though that doesn't mean I dislike the other girls either. They're all fantastic, but the super shy and reserved Nazuna is so adorable, while Yuno-chi continues to be the focal point for the show and she's just too much cute. Miya-chan is as eccentric and simple minded as ever, but that makes it so easy to watch her and her antics. Hiro and Sae continue to be cute friends with one another and to the rest of the Hidamari girls. Love Hiro's motherly aspect that she has, so cute. Yoshinoya-sensei continues to be totally moe and adorable, she truly is eternally 17 and she's amazing because of it.

Music continues to be a high point in Hidamari Sketch x &#9734;&#9734;&#9734;. The background music, the ambient sounds, everything is simply superb. The OP once again continues to be incredibly peppy, fun and just draws you into the world of Hidamari Sketch. The ED continues to be more reserved and laid back. The difference works incredibly well and am glad to see it be a recurrence used in the anime.

Honeycomb is next; super excited to see how the girls grow!

Nazuna is a gift from heaven. She is in the upper tier of anime cuties along with Sakura and Cyan.

Don't worry, she's got competition now. Lol
Fruit-of-Grisaia.jpg

Makina is still my favorite. Im not sure why I like her so much.

Hidamari Sketch 1

2shaft4me

You mean just Shaft enough!
Dont deny the wideface, cat. We are watching you.

Dont do this to me Zachy

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
new euph pv up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyxdWg_SbA0

http://i.imgur.com/NFzicsK.png[img]

#friendthings[/QUOTE]

#totallynotyuriatall

Still the best post hyouka kyoani show.
[B]
Shokugeki no Soma 11[/B]
DIOjima looks great as cabbage pink.
Hinako the best alumnus.
And DavidPro should learn how to do next ep. preview from this show.
[B]
SNAFU TOO 11[/B]
Yukinoshita and 8man moment sure is beautiful. RIP Yui.
Always knew that Hayama and 8man hates each other.

Cornbread78

H2O FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND ep. 8-END OK, umm. I have nothing on this one. I mean, WTF was up with that ending? Flip-flopping deaths and illnesses and I'm going crazy over here. I mean
If you kill her off at the end, the same way his mother died, and everyone knows she is dead, why bring her back to life? How the hell is that going to be explained to everyone? Seriously.... These endings sometimes.
It was a decent story, but parts were brutal, I mean seriously brutal to watch...

cajunator

Banned
S2 is a massive upgrade. You just got through the worst of it.

Hidamari's worst is still better than most shows best!

Definitely just friends. All of us have friends who do this. Looking longingly into each others eyes. Maybe her contact was out of place and she was helping her.
KyoAni knows exactly what its doing.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbM4ZUO_Z4

J&#333;kamachi no Dandelion PV non-eye cancer quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1x9-iNuYgs
OP ver. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsI9dzEI7o

Working!!! new character promo http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u0yv5

looks like Working!
I like the new OP if thats what it is. Might become my 2nd favorite OP behind Someone Else. I didnt see enough Yamada.

AnimeNEXT 2015 Summary

So I'm way behind on anime and other stuff but might as well do the typical con summary.

-LWA2 mostly finished and they're in the refining stage. "We'll probably refine it to the very end."
-Sushio was only able to help a little bit. Sushio did some effects and still character scenes. Sushio wanted to draw some of the girls but Yoshinari said that his drawings looked too much like Kill La Kill. So don't expect any action sequences from him in LWA2.
-They're only working on LWA2 and Ninja Slayer. They do have an unannounced show but you can expect info to come later this year.
-They aired Sex and Violence at Machspeed. Girl behind me was yelling "What the hell is this?". They asked Sushio what he thought of it and he replied , "I have no clue what was going on". haha
-After KLK Imaishi wanted to make an animal cartoon.
-Imaishi came up with the name and asked Koyama and Wakabayashi to help come up with the rest.
-Couldn't come up with good female animal for lead.
-Imaishi wanted to make the blowup doll a pussy cat.
-Imaishi was adamant about not including any human people.
-Wakabayshi and Koyama had to convince Imaishi to include sex doll.
-Koyama designed Sei-chan.
-Imaishi said if some people wouldn't understand the value of things like anime for others, might as well spell it out. Just bluntly tell the the audience.
-Obake-chan got a better reception than I expected and a better one than at Anime Matsuri.
-The way Koyama was talking made it seem like he might be doing something else with Disney. At the bare minimum I expect he's doing something for Big Hero 7 or whatever.
-Sushio felt more confident working on I can Friday By Day compared to Diebuster and was asking Tsurumaki how he liked his artstyle. Tsurumaki had said that Sushio had improved since then.
-Studio Khara offered little guidance/direction for the Animator Expo and pretty much let the studio/animators do what they want. Wakabayshi replied that it was a good experience just for the reason that they had to try and fit a story within the span of five minutes.
-Strong "No" to making Trigger Girls. Wakabayshi did say that Imaishi liked the designs so you might see more of her in the future(probably cameo stuff).
-Wakabayshi like robots with mouths. Hori likes transforming robots. Sushio likes Mako mechs. Koyama likes mechs with horns (I guess I see why the bull mech in Star Driver exists).
-Sushio wants to draw something that people would remember.
-Manga illustrator who did the SD drawings for KLK, did the mascot girl for Trigger(Trigger Girls). Her name is Trigger-chan. Blue hair girl is Muzzlebrake and blonde girl is Spring. I think this was already known.
-Sushio's favorite KLK design is Nonon but accounting for personality, Mako.
-LWA/Inferno Cop crossover shown. Obviously done in Inferno Cop style. Sucy and Inferno Cop start to fight but are interrupted by a blob resulting in Inferno tossing Sucy as a disk to beat the blob. Another episode was teased but they mention we shouldn't really expect much more for a long time. It was much funnier than Ninja Slayer(lol).
-Amemiya wanted to have an IC cameo in LWA but Yoshinari was pretty opposed to that.
-They joked that if Hori did a LWA episode in the style of Inferno Cop then Koyama would do an episode of Inferno Cop in the style of LWA. By that I mean you know actually being really well animated. Hori was like, 'I have no clue what you guys are talking about. This was my first time watching Inferno Cop. I knew we were working on some strange anime back at the studio but I didn't know it was this'.
-Panel was pretty fun, as Koyama and Wakabayshi shot marshmellows out at the audience at the beginning.
-Aya Suzuki worked on Dream Machine and quickly commented on it saying that a lot of preproduction stuff was done and it was looking gorgeous in color. She said that she's also working on a new film with one of her favorite directors but she can't announce it.
-Wolf Children character designs were intentionally easy to draw.

They also did rock/paper/scissors with the entire crowd for four Hori sketches. I somehow won one of them lol.

Im jealous AF of your LWA drawings.

cajunator

Banned
Oh my goodness, this looks so freaking cute!!!! Will watch because of that image alone, thanks Cornbread!

Edit: .......... Seems like it's been on my MAL plan to watch list.... /sigh

It is buddy. Watch Oreshura!
If it was on bluray I'd own it by now. But noooo.

Haha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Can't stop, won't stop

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door...

Paltheos

I dont understand how a series that could start as strong as SAilor Moon did could have such a boring adaptation? Granted I stopped watching Crystal about 4 episodes into it.
Its SMR levels of boring.

It occasionally passes as a decent comedy. Unfortunately season 2 has morphed from 'so bad it's watchable' to 'eh, whatever'. Pluto's been pretty good for laughs though.

Rah Xephon- Series Review

It's been about 10 years since my time with RahXephon, but, putting aside the Eva parallels (I don't know who doesn't feel that way), I also thought it was super boring. To its credit, it has one good episode - That one where he meets that chick again from his school(?) on the inside. It's the only episode I had an emotional reaction to.

I watched Eva again recently, incidentally, and unlike RahXephon, it actually does hold up (not to imply that RahXephon was ever good).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SNAFU TOO 11[/B]
Yukinoshita and 8man moment sure is beautiful. RIP Yui.
Always knew that Hayama and 8man hates each other.

That's just a thing they're saying that doesn't mean what it sounds like. They're mostly just expressing a degree of jealousy over the things that they perceive that the other has that they don't.

The big issue I see with Yui is that Hachiman/Yukino pairing up and causing a big problem with her and Iroha makes almost too much sense given the subject matter, I just don't see it happening due to being an anime and animes never pulling the goddamn trigger on anything due to fear of fanbase backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom