• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, I don't think you qualify as one of ME!ME!ME!'s "targets". They're focusing on a very specific brand of socially dysfunctional otaku.

Elaborating on this just a bit further, the topic of ME!ME!ME! would be lost on most Americans because while we have our own equivalent of hikkikomoris, they're not exactly in the public consciousness, nor do we even have a word for them. They're all filed under the broad, broad label of "losers", which has no single defining image but is actually collage of stereotypes.

Jarmel

Banned
Elaborating on this just a bit further, the topic of ME!ME!ME! would be lost on most Americans because while we have our own equivalent of hikkikomoris, they're not exactly in the public consciousness, nor do we even have a word for them. They're all filed under the broad, broad label of "losers", which has no single defining image but is actually collage of stereotypes.

Basement-dwellers.

Anko

Show By Rock! 8-9

Have to say the music has been really good in this too. The guitar duet at the end of 8 was amazing. Plasmagica's new song near the end of ep 9 was damn good as well.

The scene at the end of 9 was dark as fuck. I didn't sign up for girls to be mentally raped like that.

BONES has done good work this season. If only duckroll was alive to finally see it. RIP.

I did. Time to watch show by rock 9 soon. :D

BBB 09
I swear at this point I'm just watching this because I have nothing else to watch. The backgrounds and style is great but that's not enough to make me enjoy a show.

I mean the latest episode gave us some good backstory of the twins, plot details, and a good buildup of what's gonna occur for the 3 or last 2 episodes. I don't know what else you're asking for but I guess different strokes for different folks.

Arcadius

Banned
AnimeGAF, I require more recommendations! I have a large list of cute and cuddly and absolutely squee worthy things to watch.

I'd like to get some sci-fi related shows, preferably with no large mechs, movies are also fine to recommend. Cute girls in sci-fi shows would be quite amazing!

I have gone through the 2nd post in the thread, thanks again to Jexhius and TUSR for posting it, so I have acquired a large list of things to watch, I guess I'm looking for light hearted cute stories with a sci-fi background.

Link Man

Banned
YPyWfsB.jpg

Narag

I'd like to get some sci-fi related shows, preferably with no large mechs, movies are also fine to recommend. Cute girls in sci-fi shows would be quite amazing!

Haven't seen it myself but Bodacious Space Pirates sounds like a good fit.

AnimeGAF, I require more recommendations! I have a large list of cute and cuddly and absolutely squee worthy things to watch.

I have gone through the 2nd post in the thread, thanks again to Jexhius and TUSR for posting it, so I have acquired a large list of things to watch, I guess I'm looking for light hearted cute stories with a sci-fi background.

Yamato 2199 is an amazing sci-fi show that happens to be anime... and also happens to have cute girls if that's your thing.

Well... You already got Chobits on your list so... Aria? :p

Maybe Steins;Gate as well.

Serious

Yeah, that pretty much describes the show. Cute girls, sci-fi with an emphasis on the technology, almost no action (not quite SoL, but very slow paced), no mecha (technically there's one near the end of the movie for a bit).

Baalzebup

Yup, that is a good recommendation for this request. I really enjoyed that one.

Stellvia, Rocket Girls, maybe Stratos 4?

Bolded absolutely. Stratos 4 was decent as well.

Vividred Operation.

cajunator

Banned

Stellvia
Stratos 4
Kiddy Grade
And of course Galaxy Angel as we discussed before :)

Acosta

Steins;Gate, start watching!

(It´s not exactly "light hearted" though...)

Baalzebup

Kiddy Grade

I can't believe I forgot about this one. Sho good.

WAIT! Nobody mentioned Crest/Banner of the Stars as of yet. Lafiel is cute, as is her helmswoman. Both series are kinda on the other end of "light" though, sooner or later. Not grimdark or anything, though.

Aria the Animation

He's not ready for Vividbutts.

No one is ready for that.

Midonin

Show By Rock!! 09

Unicorns aren't all about magic and whimsy.

Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic 09

Honoka's going to be a recurring member of their group before this season is over.

Eden of Grisaia 07

If we didn't have the advantage of being viewers and knowing that "Thanatos" was Kazuki, some of the stuff she's asking them do would come across as super super sketchy. It still kinda does.

Yamada Witches 08

A 27-minute episode in a regular TV slot? They can do that?

Yamada Witches 08

A 27-minute episode in a regular TV slot? They can do that?

That type of length usually happens when the broadcast has to remove the OP/ED from the show. The episode likely had those added for streaming sites both domestic and internationally.

Taruranto

Fantastic Children and Toward the Terra.

cajunator

Banned

WAIT! Nobody mentioned Crest/Banner of the Stars as of yet. Lafiel is cute, as is her helmswoman. Both series are kinda on the other end of "light" though, sooner or later. Not grimdark or anything, though.

Kiddy Grade is really well done. Great sci fi show with a large interesting cast and an intriguing story.

Arcadius

Banned

Yamato 2199 is an amazing sci-fi show that happens to be anime... and also happens to have cute girls if that's your thing.

Well... You already got Chobits on your list so... Aria? :p

Maybe Steins;Gate as well.

Stellvia, Rocket Girls, maybe Stratos 4?

Vividred Operation.

Stellvia
Stratos 4
Kiddy Grade
And of course Galaxy Angel as we discussed before :)

Steins;Gate, start watching!

(It´s not exactly "light hearted" though...)

Aria the Animation

Fantastic Children and Toward the Terra.

Thanks for this everyone! I should already have Aria and it's sequels on my list of plan to watch, everything else are anime I haven't heard of or haven't attempted to watch.

Cajun, I will most definitely watch Galaxy Angel, more things like that would be splendid!

Baalzebup, those two anime were listed in a thread on the 2nd post, they are to be watched! =)

Vividred Operation looks good, don't know why I wouldn't be prepared for that!

Admiral Woofington, cute girls are definitely my thing, thanks for the recommendation.

Taruranto, they're already on my list, they were apart of a thread in the second post, they look good!

Heck, thanks again everyone, everything listed seems to be just what I'm looking for, cute girls in sci-fi related scenarios. The ecchi is okay with me too.

EaRqUcG.png

My older sister is a murderous psychopath.

Who loves me more than anyone else.

Is being voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in a ara ara~ voice

And can dress her up with a fluffy tail

vImjoug.png

I want a Fire Emblem If anime so bad.

It does have a BD release.

In Japan.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!

It's one of the few shows I would like to own on Blu-Ray. It's so beautiful looking, plus I would like to own something that's directed by Matsumoto Rie. Oh well at least there's Kekkai Sensen. Still though I'm really salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom