• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe Akazukin Chacha is ending in four weeks. There's still more material to adapt from the manga!

I'm hyped for Neon Genesis Evangelion in the autumn though, Anno will save anime!

Jarmel

Banned
Black Rock Shooter-6
suCpdDg.jpg

Pg9uX3k.jpg
In this episode, we get backgrounds for some of the characters and a few half-assed justifications as well. Mato is trapped in the other-world and her alter-ego, Black Rock Shooter, is on a berserk rampage. Mato is in despair over killing her friend's alter-ego, Dead Master. I'm not overly sure as to why she's in despair as the death of Dead Master has calmed Yomi the fuck out, but she's in despair.
dWlMRuc.jpg

You know she's sad because you can see tears.
The audience is treated with Mato floating naked somewhere, while she screams in pain due to damage from BRS's injuries. Yuu goes to Saya, the counselor, for help to drag Mato out of BRS and what does Saya do?
Oh? She can't kill Mato because Mato is too pure? Really? Really you cunt? So what did Yomi or Arata do to you? They had issues but that was resulting from problems beyond their control. So why were they so impure for you to mentally torture, to the point of one physically harming herself? Yuu offers to dive into the other-world or whatever but Saya goes instead to try and drag Mato back. Oops. Turns out Black Gold Saw starts getting her ass beat.
We're now treated to Yuu and Saya's backstory. Yuu's backstory was almost as fucked as I expected:
RX0Pxrc.jpg

eKtCSvT.jpg

Of course she's bullied at school too, because why the fuck not.
IfdTAoK.jpg
All that was missing was the step-dad sexually assaulting her. Although to be fair, that still might have been happening as the tissue box could be alluding to that. This flashback leads up to Yuu's house catching on fire and Saya thinking Yuu did it. Yuu somehow takes it as an affront that Saya would think Yuu had finally snapped. I mean it's not like Yuu had more than ample reason to burn down her home but whatever.
xZW747f.jpg

You know it's a dramatic moment because someone was running and ultimately fell.
Anyway it looks like Yuu switched with her other-self, Strength, because I think Yuu felt it was unfair for Strength to have to carry all of Yuu's fucked up burdens. Strength asks Saya to protect Yuu, culminating in this series of misfortunate events. As to why Saya needs to mentally torture girls so as to strengthen their counterparts, it's not overly clear. I've read some theories about how Black Rock Shooter is the villain in that world and so Saya was trying to take out BRS. 'Real Yuu' bails out Black Gold Saw, leading to this exchange:
aq7OYZ7.jpg

4U83qKy.jpg

What? nononononononono
What the fuck. What has Saya done to even start to earn redemption? I was legit raging at this part. This is so unbelievably unearned that I can't begin to imagine what was going through the mind of Okada at this point. I can possibly understand Yuu forgiving Saya, although it feels unnecessary, but the other kids she toyed with? Go fuck yourself. I mean this was the woman who was pretty much slicking herself whenever a drama bomb appeared.
KASUltB.jpg

eb3ZjYs.jpg

That's the smile of someone who hates their job.
The show trying to make this sadistic bitch sympathetic is grinding my gears. Either the director royally fucked up her portrayal in previous episodes or Okada is crazy. Now that I think about it, it's probably both. Well anyway next episode brings back Imaishi for the finale. This episode felt more like Amemiya on the action front than the previous episode. It was full of old-school cartoon effects for impact shots, similar to stuff like in TTGL or Panty and Stocking.
Again it's like a hallmark thing from many Kameda style-animators. It's just that it's weird to see in CGI because it's not really necessary or used at all, and so it's done solely for flair. Yes it's done in 2D animation for style as well, just it seems more of a sharp juxtaposition here. A similar example would be the short sketch lines in this shot:
It visually emphasizes the impact of BRS hitting the ground, due to BRS's weight. One thing the show has done in prior and this episode during the fight sequences is mess around with the framerate. I'm not overly fond of this at times, mainly when it slows down as it feels less like a slowing down of motion and more as if frames were just lost instead. Sort of like when my PC is running games under 60 FPS. Many CGI works use a variable framerate but it sort of bugs me occasionally, in regards to its implementation here.

Hello Kirino mozaic - 09

Damn they are shipping yoko and aya SO HARD you don't even need yuri googles to see it .

Karen is still the star , no the SUN of this show... her carefree attitude is headed toward such a great ending i can't wait to see the effects .
Hello%21%21%20Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2009.jpg

Perfect delusions ...
As for the rest of the show it's still great

I'm really enjoying this "Detective Conan" manga that just started up recently in Weekly Shounen Sunday. I hope it lasts long enough to get an anime, but I'm not super optimistic given that there haven't been a whole lot of successful mystery manga. But if it could just run for 2-3 years more that would be a real win for me.

I'm hyped for Neon Genesis Evangelion in the autumn though, Anno will save anime!

A kids show taking over from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' time slot? I mean, it should be fun, but I doubt it can "save anime". Especially given that we're still feeling the loss from G Gundam having just ended.

I don't know why people are watching anime still when the Simpsons has been great for years now, I don't how it'll keep this level of quality up!

Baby Steps 2 9:
Seeing Ei-chan and Nat-chan playing one another was pretty fun. Those two are always so good together. I was a bit surprised that they completely skipped over most of the tournament, but I guess that the match with Araya was really what we were all waiting for. I thought he'd at least have a tougher time in the semi-finals, though.

Next episode promises to be awesome. I've been looking forward to seeing these two have a rematch, and it could go either way at this point. At any rate, they should both be around for some time whoever wins. With a three set match, I'm hoping we get at least two-three episodes out of this.

Baalzebup

Well, having mentioned the Crest of the Stars, I obviously had to make a little refresher tour on a few episodes. The humor in that series is something else. I love the various Abh admirals and their antics. Most of the scenes involving Admiral Spoor in particular are so gorramn funny. Even the non-verbal humor like Samson ogling some of the spandex-clad Abh ladies while he, Jinto and Ekryak are having some drinks at whatever space station they were at, with a shot of Ekryak's deadpan face in the background.. it just cracks me up, no matter how many times I see it.

This is the kind of thing that they really don't make anymore.

Grisaia no rakuen - 07

So calm before the storm episode.

They skipped a lot of little bit .. just like the rest of the show... guys , if you want the full details and the lenghty conversation , you should really read/get the Vn once sekai project release it on steam.
Grisaia%20no%20Rakuen%20-%2007_03.jpg

I'll kill you :)

Anyway, i just can't say no to the inter character bullying.
The most intense rescue operation is underway... Gotta be good with it
See you next week :)

Cornbread78

Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 8
Another good episode of outing another witch. Of course, the younger one is the clingy one, lol. Shirishi didn't appear jelly though, but where are they going with that relationship any? I mean, last week was a real step forward, but.. There's 4 episodes left and 2 witches left to go so there is no room left for plot developments. With that being said, will there be a second season, or was this all just to push the manga?

It feels sooooo good when you know that your favorite show that's currently airing is doing really well in preorders.

A western influenced anime that's actually doing well for once in preorder sales, such a great world we live in.😏

Cornbread78

It feels sooooo good when you know that your favorite show that's currently airing is doing really well in preorders.

A western influenced anime that's actually doing well for once in preorder sales, such a great world we live in.😏

And which one is that one?

Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 8
Another good episode of outing another witch. Of course, the younger one is the clingy one, lol. Shirishi didn't appear jelly though, but where are they going with that relationship any? I mean, last week was a real step forward, but.. There's 4 episodes left and 2 witches left to go so there is no room left for plot developments. With that being said, will there be a second season, or was this all just to push the manga?

Kodansha wanted to push the manga again after the live-action drama aired in 2013. The manga's in the middle of a second big arc, though nearing the end, so this helps push some sales from otaku who may not have known about it or tried it.

ibyea

Banned
Black Rock Shooter-6

In this episode, we get backgrounds for some of the characters and a few half-assed justifications as well. Mato is trapped in the other-world and her alter-ego, Black Rock Shooter, is on a berserk rampage. Mato is in despair over killing her friend's alter-ego, Dead Master. I'm not overly sure as to why she's in despair as the death of Dead Master has calmed Yomi the fuck out, but she's in despair.

The audience is treated with Mato floating naked somewhere, while she screams in pain due to damage from BRS's injuries. Yuu goes to Saya, the counselor, for help to drag Mato out of BRS and what does Saya do?

Oh? She can't kill Mato because Mato is too pure? Really? Really you cunt? So what did Yomi or Arata do to you? They had issues but that was resulting from problems beyond their control. So why were they so impure for you to mentally torture, to the point of one physically harming herself? Yuu offers to dive into the other-world or whatever but Saya goes instead to try and drag Mato back. Oops. Turns out Black Gold Saw starts getting her ass beat.

We're now treated to Yuu and Saya's backstory. Yuu's backstory was almost as fucked as I expected:

All that was missing was the step-dad sexually assaulting her. Although to be fair, that still might have been happening as the tissue box could be alluding to that. This flashback leads up to Yuu's house catching on fire and Saya thinking Yuu did it. Yuu somehow takes it as an affront that Saya would think Yuu had finally snapped. I mean it's not like Yuu had more than ample reason to burn down her home but whatever.

Anyway it looks like Yuu switched with her other-self, Strength, because I think Yuu felt it was unfair for Strength to have to carry all of Yuu's fucked up burdens. Strength asks Saya to protect Yuu, culminating in this series of misfortunate events. As to why Saya needs to mentally torture girls so as to strengthen their counterparts, it's not overly clear. I've read some theories about how Black Rock Shooter is the villain in that world and so Saya was trying to take out BRS. 'Real Yuu' bails out Black Gold Saw, leading to this exchange:

What the fuck. What has Saya done to even start to earn redemption? I was legit raging at this part. This is so unbelievably unearned that I can't begin to imagine what was going through the mind of Okada at this point. I can possibly understand Yuu forgiving Saya, although it feels unnecessary, but the other kids she toyed with? Go fuck yourself. I mean this was the woman who was pretty much slicking herself whenever a drama bomb appeared.

The show trying to make this sadistic bitch sympathetic is grinding my gears. Either the director royally fucked up her portrayal in previous episodes or Okada is crazy. Now that I think about it, it's probably both. Well anyway next episode brings back Imaishi for the finale. This episode felt more like Amemiya on the action front than the previous episode. It was full of old-school cartoon effects for impact shots, similar to stuff like in TTGL or Panty and Stocking.

Again it's like a hallmark thing from many Kameda style-animators. It's just that it's weird to see in CGI because it's not really necessary or used at all, and so it's done solely for flair. Yes it's done in 2D animation for style as well, just it seems more of a sharp juxtaposition here. A similar example would be the short sketch lines in this shot:

It visually emphasizes the impact of BRS hitting the ground, due to BRS's weight. One thing the show has done in prior and this episode during the fight sequences is mess around with the framerate. I'm not overly fond of this at times, mainly when it slows down as it feels less like a slowing down of motion and more as if frames were just lost instead. Sort of like when my PC is running games under 60 FPS. Many CGI works use a variable framerate but it sort of bugs me occasionally, in regards to its implementation here.

Man, it looks as if Okada has no idea what a regular human interaction looks like.

Grisaia 07
"Operation: Rescue Yuuji Kazami" is a go. Next week :( Fun episode seeing them prepare everything though, I bet the next episode is going to be crazy lol.

And which one is that one?

Although Arslan Senki isn't doing that well, Kekkai Sensen is doing really well which is my favorite show this season with the former coming in real close.

I mean you don't see a western influenced anime do that well these days so it really makes me happy that it's doing well.

Koi Kaze - 06

This is amongst the hardest to watch anime that also happen to be very good. Witnessing this downwards spiral of primarily Koshiro and how that negatively affects everyone around him, particularly Nanoka, is painful.

Nanoka is now getting teased for having a brother reflex, presumably because of how often she talks about him, and starts questioning herself a bit more. For the most part she just wants to have a good (normal!) relationship to her brother but is constantly thrown under the bus and left to wonder why the hack he's behaving so strangely. Then on a rare occasion he's finally nice to her and she eats that up. It's really abusive in a way and it's just sad to see this 27 year old man failing to pull himself together and be the helpful brother he could be to this 15 year old girl. But then, depression etc. aren't usually just 'dealt' with and the further you're into that downwards spiral the harder it is to escape.

Oh and his male work colleague really is a garbage tier character that sticks out real badly in this otherwise fantastic show.

Cornbread78

Kodansha wanted to push the manga again after the live-action drama aired in 2013. The manga's in the middle of a second big arc, though nearing the end, so this helps push some sales from otaku who may not have known about it or tried it.

So what you're saying is, this is all just a sham and we will never get to see the full plotline animated then, huh? It sucks because after the he first two episodes, it got pretty damn entertaining and fun.

So what you're saying is, this is all just a sham and we will never get to see the full plotline animated then, huh? It sucks because after the he first two episodes, it got pretty damn entertaining and fun.

Very unlikely. The manga is fully caught up on Crunchyroll, so you could read it in English with a guest pass if you so desire.

Cornbread78

Very unlikely. The manga is fully caught up on Crunchyroll, so you could read it in English with a guest pass if you so desire.

Fuck, this is the #1+ thing I hate about anime. Just when you start to like a series, you come to the realization that there is no ending.. I just pulled a pass off Twitter so I could watch this and Grisaia, but reading the manga would not be as satisfying as seeing it in animated form. To me, it is much less appealing to just read it rather than having the visual to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom