• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
I keep hearing this Yamato 2199 hype in AnimeGAF and yet I haven't even bothered to watch it. I must be committing some grave sin. Must get around to it one of these days.

No, I do not.

But the trailer that came out today showed her wearing a fluffy tail.

And the main website was updated with her saying two things.

"I love you"

"Let's get on with the slaughter (Lit: Let's go killing)"

I think my biggest concern with the game right now is that I want to choose the Nohr path because I like the character designs better over the more Japanese-y Hoshido. But apparently the Norh path doesn't have an open world method?

Who made that decision?

So what's the Summer OT gonna be called?

Summer Anime 2015 |OT1| Living The Gangsta Life

Or

Summer Anime 2015 |OT1| Gangsta Too Moe

I think my biggest concern with the game right now is that I want to choose the Nohr path because I like the character designs better over the more Japanese-y Hoshido. But apparently the Norh path doesn't have an open world method?

Who made that decision?

Instead of creating one game that appealed to one specific group of Fire Emblem fans (New/Old) that existed after Awakening came out.

IS decided to go another route and make 2 paths that would appease both the fans who came because of Awakening (Hoshido) and the older fans who disliked how easy the last game was (Nohr).

Aki-at

Welcome! What did you think of the latest JoJo episodes?

Should have known I'd find some Chain GAF here : P

Pretty good! I'm loving everything about the show since they arrived in Egyptian, was thinking it was starting to drag but the last few baddies have all been awesome and it's moving along at a decent speed.

Accident;y spoiled myself on what Dio's stand was though : <

Instead of creating one game that appealed to one specific group of Fire Emblem fans (New/Old) that existed after Awakening came out.

IS decided to go another route and make 2 paths that would appease both the fans who came because of Awakening (Hoshido) and the older fans who disliked how easy the last game was (Nohr).

I don't mind the difficulty spike as long as I can play a no-perma-death mode. I just want my open world map in Nohr :'(

NeonZ

Filler, anime original content, whatever. I just found those parts to be, 9 times out of 10, to be so much worse than the parts that came from the manga that I ended up disliking them. Can't say how I would consider them if I hadn't read the manga first, as I did and thus all the additional Tea Ceremony stuff and other such material became elements which I actively hated. Edit: And the makers of the anime need to burn, forever, for turning the Chestnut fist training into a special technique instead of just being a specialized speed training that it was.

The oddest thing about the anime filler in Ranma is that they seemed to absolutely refuse to acknowledge the flashier techniques that Ranma learns later. He uses the Hiryu Shotenha in the movies and also the Moko Takabisha, but in the tv series filler itself those attacks are completely ignored after their manga debuts.

You'd think they'd leap into the manga giving them more material for battles, but it seems like they actively disliked those additions. They had a certain idea of what Ranma should be, and flashy ki attacks seemed to be outside of it. There are several episodes about "false" ki attacks that are actually tricks, and I think one of those is even in the last season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I keep hearing this Yamato 2199 hype in AnimeGAF and yet I haven't even bothered to watch it. I must be committing some grave sin. Must get around to it one of these days.
I will say, if you aren't into science fiction/space opera, I don't know if you will get anything out of it. But as someone who thinks the genre is basically dead, it saved the genre for me and showed me that you could still do something cool with starships and pew pew laser guns.

I don't mind the difficulty spike as long as I can play a no-perma-death mode. I just want my open world map in Nohr :'(

There's a new mode called Phoenix mode that lets you bring back any defeated unit of yours the very next turn.

And honestly, the My Castle feature (Available in both paths) looks to be way more interesting than a open world map because it does everything the over world did (Shops/Battles/Traversing) and more.

Except for gaining EXP on the Nohr side.

There's a new mode called Phoenix mode that lets you bring back any defeated unit of yours the very next turn.

And honestly, the My Castle feature (Available in both paths) looks to be way more interesting than a open world map because it does everything the over world did (Shops/Battles/Traversing) and more.

Except for gaining EXP on the Nohr side.

yeah admittedly that my castle feature seems to add what I need about my freedom of movement.

Baalzebup

The oddest thing about the anime filler in Ranma is that they seemed to absolutely refuse to acknowledge the flashier techniques that Ranma learns later. He uses the Hiryu Shotenha in the movies and also the Moko Takabisha, but in the tv series filler itself those attacks are completely ignored after their manga debuts.

You'd think they'd leap into the manga giving them more material for battles, but it seems like they actively disliked those additions. They had a certain idea of what Ranma should be, and flashy ki attacks seemed to be outside of it. There are several episodes about "false" ki attacks that are actually tricks, and I think one of those is even in the last season.

Well, to be fair, the manga did leave me with the impression that the Moko Takabisha had little function beside being the Anti- Shishi Hokodan. Something about the property of that particular Ki being basically only useful in countering the "heavy" Ki used in the Hokodan. But yeah, I hear ya. The Hiruy Shotenha was always Ranmas heavy hitter and should have been treated as such. The arcs that involved its use were among the best the series had to offer. Of the really big ones, that only leaves Pantyhose-Taro stuff and the Orochi as something that didn't involve its use.

HOW COULD YOU!

Splatoon! The game is crack.

And digging up info on the new Fire Emblem. I will watch the ep tonight

EaRqUcG.png

My older sister is a murderous psychopath.

Who loves me more than anyone else.

Is being voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in a ara ara~ voice

And can dress her up with a fluffy tail

vImjoug.png

I want a Fire Emblem If anime so bad.

Totally missed the part where you can accessorize your army. Thats amazing lol. I would also love a FE anime but I'll settle for Yona/Arslan.

This game is going to slay. Cant believe I gotta wait almost a year for it :(

Narag

I will say, if you aren't into science fiction/space opera, I don't know if you will get anything out of it. But as someone who thinks the genre is basically dead, it saved the genre for me and showed me that you could still do something cool with starships and pew pew laser guns.

space plane bias

None of these.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT1| Hideaki Anno predicts decline of animegaf in 5 to 20 pages

ibyea

Banned

That should be right up in my alley then.

None of these.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Prison Thread for Masochistic Pigs
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| I can't ignore such a fine...THREAD!
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| How Amazing is the Ass in Life!
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Slowly Being Taken Over by Mobage
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Does Anybody Even Like Aquarion?
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| AKA Toei Fanclub
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| :>
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Monsters and Gangstas and Idols, Oh My!
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| EVERYBODY'S WORKING!!! FOR THE WEEKEND
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Now Waiting for Diamond is Unbreakable

That's all I've got

phaze

You're right, we should just go with Woofys suggestion from the previous thread

God I'm a slowpoke, I only got either of the meanings just now.

In my defense, I barely have an idea of what this Grey movie/book thing entails.

BBB 09

Yeah wasn't feeling it either. Have to say the hamfisted parallels between Black&White and Leo&his sister aren't doing much for me at the moment. Maybe because that one scene with the letter is pretty much the first thing we got on Leo's backstory since the opening episode. The anime original siblings also aren't very exciting so far.

So far, good eps: 1,2, 5, 6, 8. Meh - rest.

Arslan Senki episode 9:

Fight scene was really good. They must've put most of their budget into that.

I could really do without stuff like this:

beTtCtd.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty pumped for Oshii's Ghost in the Shell. I loved the manga and I'll be importing the VHS day one.

Theonik

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty pumped for Mamoru's Oshii's Ghost in the Shell. I loved the manga and I can't wait to import the VHS.
I'm going to watch it in the cinema next week. I hope it's as good as Patlabor 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom