• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last episode in Hibike! I felt like Reina's confession concerning her love for Taki explained why she might be so comfortable being this close to Kumiko. Considering her infatuation with him and her general awkwardness/strangeness, it wouldn't be surprising if she doesn't even realize how romantic or intimate some of her actions are.

That's part what I enjoyed about last episode, it had plenty good characterization in it, this being one of the scenes that finally allowed me to somewhat understand Reina.

However, I blame it on the directors that this wasn't more apparent in the earlier episodes already. Because even if I consider my theory correct, some of those earlier sequences would be hard to explain.

edit:
this YURI shit again

On the one hand, true. On the other hand, I prefer to have actual decent discussion about this rather than say...a billion "lol Cross Ange da BEST amiright?" comments, though there were some who actually put out quality comments concerning that show.

Mandelbo

Only a couple of weeks until we know the true answer to the sweet yuri dreams...

come back for season 2

Out of interest (I'm way behind on Euphonium,) but what implications would the yuri being genuine have in the show as a whole?

cajunator

Banned
Only a couple of weeks until we know the true answer to the sweet yuri dreams...

come back for season 2

Out of interest (I'm way behind on Euphonium,) but what implications would the yuri being genuine have in the show as a whole?

I dont think it matters too much.

this YURI shit again

tumblr_np4kr6Chej1up6jhco1_500.gif

Droplet

I see. It's just interesting to me that something seemingly so inconsequential in the series sparked such a big debate.

I think it's because the show itself seemed to hint that there was something between the two girls that was more than friendship, then basically just took it back and said there was nothing there. It's frustrating because if you saw that kind of relationship between two opposite gendered characters, they would certainly end up together in some capacity, whereas this seemed to be dangling the relationship in front of viewer's faces, only to snatch back and say "aha! we were just pandering!".

At least that's how I take it.

Wow! So calm..... the Final Fantasy VII rumor has caused me to go wild. I'm watching Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb to calm myself down, less than 2 hours left; I hope it's as good as I want it to be!

Nothing shown today has wowed me yet, aside from Fallout 4. Me not being a Fallout fan and being sold yesterday by that presentation was pretty cool lol. But man I remember being excited at every single announcement a few years ago, even Xbox exclusives that I couldn't play. Now I see stuff and say "cool. what's next?".

Arcadius

Banned
Nothing shown today has wowed me yet, aside from Fallout 4. Me not being a Fallout fan and being sold yesterday by that presentation was pretty cool lol. But man I remember being excited at every single announcement a few years ago, even Xbox exclusives that I couldn't play. Now I see stuff and say "cool. what's next?".

Don't disagree with you, this is the first E3 since I started watching back in 05 that I have been nonchalant towards. Microsoft was.... boring and I didn't bother watching EA or Ubi. Watching Sony because I always have (family is full of Sony fans) and the rumor of FFVII is pretty intense now. Honestly, I would have missed E3 entirely because I've been watching so much anime, it caught me off-guard, but it just goes to show I wasn't excited or anything this year.

Waiting for FF7R and TLG

I'm beginning to feel like this ahahaha, thank you Hidamari Sketch for calming me down.

Waiting for FF7R and TLG

l34Zokt.gif

I just wanna see if Persona 5 is gonna be on. I have this feeling deep in my balls that it will be there, mhm. The franchise has reached new heights over here, and I can totally see it being on, as the Sony exclusive that it is. Also, Guerrilla's new IP. Shadowfall engine, open world RPG, The Witcher quest devs? It's sold, and they haven't even showed it to me yet.

Don't disagree with you, this is the first E3 since I started watching back in 05 that I have been nonchalant towards. Microsoft was.... boring and I didn't bother watching EA or Ubi. Watching Sony because I always have (family is full of Sony fans) and the rumor of FFVII is pretty intense now. Honestly, I would have missed E3 entirely because I've been watching so much anime, it caught me off-guard, but it just goes to show I wasn't excited or anything this year.
The things I like to play are never shown at these conferences anyway. I'm more of a handheld RPG guy. I do partake in the occasional AAA, and have a lot of fun with it like The Witcher, but yeah I feel you.

Puruzi

Banned
Waiting for Nintendo pmuch. Gonna watch Sony's, but I don't really care about what they have right now.

Edit: KH3 and 15 would be at square im a dummy

I just wanna see if Persona 5 is gonna be on. I have this feeling deep in my balls that it will be there, mhm. The franchise has reached new heights over here, and I can totally see it being on, as the Sony exclusive that it is. Also, Guerrilla's new IP. Shadowfall engine, open world RPG, The Witcher quest devs? It's sold, and they haven't even showed it to me yet.

The things I like to play are never shown at these conferences anyway. I'm more of a handheld RPG guy. I do partake in the occasional AAA, and have a lot of fun with it like The Witcher, but yeah I feel you.

It has to be.....the only reason it would not be is if it got delayed :/

Arcadius

Banned

Totally understand. It'd be great to see tons of different genre games at an E3 once, but it's very western focused so not going to happen. I tend to play "everything" so I don't mind.

Droplet

I just wanna see if Persona 5 is gonna be on. I have this feeling deep in my balls that it will be there, mhm. The franchise has reached new heights over here, and I can totally see it being on, as the Sony exclusive that it is.

Considering the fact that the newest P5 trailer is releasing with first issues of P4 Dancing, I don't think it's going to be there. :(

I just want to see some cool jrpgs or some pretty graphics. Maybe even together.

Considering the fact that the newest P5 trailer is releasing with first issues of P4 Dancing, I don't think it's going to be there. :(

I just want to see some cool jrpgs or some pretty graphics. Maybe even together.

True. Maybe we'll get a ENG version of PV 1 with a release date or maybe a snippet of PV 2. I really hope P5 is still 2015. I need that game.

JRPG's.....you got L5 and SE yet to show.

the op and ed are soooooo catchy!

I wouldnt count on either of these..

Its too late to turn back.

Did you not watch the World Championships?

That was really, really good.

I'm not into gaming sports and that stuff.

It has to be.....the only reason it would not be is if it got delayed :/

Yes I saw the news about that. But, let's hope we see this exact same trailer there, and that what is included in the P4D box is just a physical copy of it. That would however kinda ruin the whole point behind it being in the box, since people could just watch it online... Still, I will hold on to that wish to see it up there, not just because I love the series, but because I want something that isn't a dudebro game to be up on the big screen.

Totally understand. It'd be great to see tons of different genre games at an E3 once, but it's very western focused so not going to happen. I tend to play "everything" so I don't mind.
I still can't wait as a tech guy, to see how they plan on pushing the market. More than half of the stuff, I may not play, but I like to be informed about this kind of stuff. I find that the older I get, the less I play and the more I get into what goes behind a game. Basically talk about games, rather than play them bahahah.

I know the feeling. I'm at work until 11pm est. So I'll be like the below to customers if they bother me while I try to follow the Sony conference on my phone..

Sauce+is+yuusha+ni+narenakatta+ore+wa+shibushibu+shuushoku+wo+_c1558861d9162f6071140c411efba140.jpg
This is perfect! LOL

Arcadius

Banned
I still can't wait as a tech guy, to see how they plan on pushing the market. More than half of the stuff, I may not play, but I like to be informed about this kind of stuff. I find that the older I get, the less I play and the more I get into what goes behind a game. Basically talk about games, rather than play them bahahah.

I love knowing about the tech that's involved with making the games. I enjoy reading .pdfs that companies release about their renderers and things of that sort, absolutely enjoy that aspect of gaming.

Ah, well.

Just take my word that it was an A+ event that delivered quite a few memorable moments.

nope7iktx.gif

Yup. NWC2015 was incredible. So much excitement and a lot of memorable moments. Then we get these boring ass pressers today.

Hopefully Sony will make it interesting. Otherwise gonna have to wait for Nintendo to save E3 once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom