• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Sound! Euphonium 11

When it looked like Reina was going to not make the next audition, I was preparing my post to be about how she's not always right, not just because she's one of the ones we've been following, but that didn't happen. I do have to wonder if Asuka being so distant is really the best course of action for her - and since she's a lot of the Western fandom's favorite character, what that's saying. I like a mood maker as much as the next person, but giving into emotion (which, in anime fandom parlance, seems to be split into "feels" and "melodrama", with nothing in between) should be something that art does. Granted, what makes each person care will be different, and I think everybody does want to care to some degree, but at what point does "doesn't care about [little things]" turn into "doesn't care about anything"?

And the language used in that one particular scene is pretty strong. How each person interprets it is fine with me. Authorial intent is only half of figuring out what art is trying to do. Long as it can be backed up, art is like the proverbial tree falling in the woods. If there's nobody around to observe it, then to what degree is it art? And through my observations, I can support this and see it as something to build off for fanartists and fanfic writers the world over.

It's okay if people are getting invested in personal drama instead of band things, because it's not personal drama instead of band things, it's personal drama because of band things. Even when it's not on screen, the music still influences the characters, and even if it wasn't, what's to say a show can't be "about" something more? Text, subtext, context, there's many kinds of texts for influencing things.

I'm not sure where I was going with any of this. Carry on.

Arcadius

Banned
Ahhhh. The Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay!!! Looove Kingdom Hearts!! Looks sooo good. Tangled announcement too, looooove Tangled! E3 of eternity. ~~~~~ So Happy

Arcadius

Banned
Oh fuck Nier 2 got announced damn.

I was tearing up when I saw the gameplay trailer. It looks so amazing, that gameplay though.😎

You and me both Aqua, you and me both. I'm so happy with how things have turned out this year. First E3 in a while where many things weren't leaked, right? It totally helps.

cajunator

Banned
I really wish I still got excited for games like I do with some anime.
I couldnt cheer for anything this E3 though. I was kind of happy that TLG isnt dead though and Cuphead looks really good (my brother has an Xbone so I can play it)

Joe Molotov

I really wish I still got excited for games like I do with some anime.
I couldnt cheer for anything this E3 though. I was kind of happy that TLG isnt dead though and Cuphead looks really good (my brother has an Xbone so I can play it)

Who was your favorite Waifu of E3: Dinobots Girl, AssCreed Murderess, Dishonored Murderess, Alex Morgan from FIFA 16, Fallout Lady, Faith, or the Puppy-Eagle?

Not even the best Summer Lesson.

summer-lesson35udd.gif

jman2050

Sound Euphonium 11

Poor Kaori, she didn't deserve any of that. That moment when it dawns on you that your best will never be as good as the other's best.
I'm surprised Taki went through with that sham of an audition process, unless he was just REALLY sure Kaori wouldn't follow through on taking the part if she won it.

Ribbons, on the other hand, deserved all of that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also lol @ S-E announcing new IP game that has nothing other than two vague pieces of concept art and nothing else.
KuGsj.gif

Hibike Euphonium 11

Senpai girl is the sour spot in a show full of excellent, complicated characters. Her tantrum at the end was laughable. Asuka's transformation into a villain continues. The pep talks before the audition were both great scenes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He might as well have just announced, "before we go, I'd like to announce that we are making a new game!!!"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo Ghoul episode 11
So I watched a bunch of episodes some time ago, but didnt give impressions on them, rather i didnt feel like giving impressions on them.
But now im here, and its a pretty cool episode, lots of action and a glimpse of silver haired kaneki, no idea why he has it tho.

cajunator

Banned
Who was your favorite Waifu of E3: Dinobots Girl, AssCreed Murderess, Dishonored Murderess, Alex Morgan from FIFA 16, Fallout Lady, Faith, or the Puppy-Eagle?

Honestly I didnt see a lot of footage from E3. Not much interested me.
I was watching TV or driving when the conferences were on. the puppy bird thing in TLG is really cute.

Hibike! Euphonium 11 She was going to win, obviously. Did like how they sounded distinct.
Also the bait continues, now reel them in.

Heck yes, Cuphead was best game shown. Looks so badass.

I like the way you think!

Angry Grimace

Well they also announced a new studio entirely for developing JRPGs in the same breath, so there's that (even though the name is cringy as hell, lol)

The issue was that they did this a) as the final announcement as though it was something we were supposed to be shocked by, and b) they didn't tell us anything about the studio to begin with. S-E already has like 5 studios that produce JRPGs of varying quality.

Atlus can get away with this on Persona 5, because its Persona 5 and it doesn't matter if we see shit from it, we'd buy it sight unseen. Random sub-studio JRPG, who knows.

SEEERRRIOUUUSSSLLLY.
i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Have you guys never heard of artstyle before?

Except it doesn't appear to be a unique artstyle. It just looks like a Nintendo game circa 2007.

Kingdom Hearts 3 bros <3

I liked the concept art for Project Setsuna. Hope it turns out good. Yeah, Robo Dinos looks solid too.

But it's all about FE:Fates and FE x SMT.

Mandelbo

I want the hour I spent watching the Nintendo Digital Event back! Animal Crossing U is Mario Party, new Metroid isn't a metroid game, they spent ages talking about things we already knew... it was obvious that they didn't have very much to talk about when the second game they featured was Skylanders.

I'm not even mad, just disappointed :(

I want the hour I spent watching the Nintendo Digital Event back! Animal Crossing U is Mario Party, new Metroid isn't a metroid game, they spent ages talking about things we already knew... it was obvious that they didn't have very much to talk about when the second game they featured was Skylanders.

I'm not even mad, just disappointed :(

First time I actually hyped up Nintendo's conference and it was terrible. Never again will I do so.

On the bright side, Kingdom Hearts 3 looks fantabulous and I can't wait to see more.

Euphonium 11

As awful as it may sound I wanted her to win just to shut the girl with the ribbon up. Such an obnoxious girl, clearly playing favourites not because of the music but just because she's thirsty for senpai. I'm glad it turned out this way. Everyone was hesitant because everyone knew she was better. Heck, even though I am no music expert, there was a clear difference, she had a smoother sound all around.

Hibike! - 11

Solid episode. Really liked how the two trumpet performances sounded distinct and Kousaka's actually superior (bit more expressive I'd say and generally better sounding). It feels like this show is sometimes slipping a bit into the melodramatic and Ribbon-chan's outcry at the end seemed hardly believable, especially since this takes place in Japan where you are supposed to avoid drawing unnecessarily much attention to yourself. Minor complaint, though, but I could no doubt do with a little less here.

Kumiko's and Reina's moment felt a tad too intimate again. Standing that close and constantly touching each others face just feels a tad too forward, even if I'm almost used to it with the two.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo Ghoul 12
Pretty well done episode overall, im not entirely sure
if he like metaphorically ate riza or not and if she is like still there the same way she use to, also kaneki is a cannibal now, so that is kinda bad.
But the real question is....it feels like the series really just started now and yet this is the last episode....so was the manga just not caught up pass this point?
Is there really no canon material in root A? Like none whatsoever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom