• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, something came in the mailbox and now it's now in my Anime DVD collection and going to watch it later on.

1633394c-cb7d-4d6b-8616-519315f81e36_zpsl881k3f9.jpg

Dayum good choice!

I am also hyped for FE x SMT.

I still have no idea what it's gonna be about but I can't help but become mesmerized every time I see it. Idols, fantasy, modern city, dancing, fighting, just give it to me now.

John Blade

A small note when watching this episode. The drunken coach might need to stop drinking a bit as his hangover is getting himself in a situation which won't look good on other people like leaving Ryo to travel by herself from a far location to try to convince one of the new character to join the team.

So, this is another episode which bring in some new characters. The 1st one we saw is Nene and she suppose to be the manager of the baseball team. Not really someone you expect to be a manger and you can see from what she was doing in this episode. The major character that is focus on is Koharu who have experience in baseball but kick out once they found out she is a girl when she did practice. She is now with her family who is a fisherman of the sea. At 1st she didn't want to join the team even when Ryo stick with her. Ryo manage to challenge her in a baseball trail and won against Koharu which (with a little help with her father) make her to join the team.

Nothing much to say as it's like the same episode and using the same formula except Ryo is the one who get the new character in the team. I am guessing this will be the same for another 1-2 episodes as now, they need 4 more teammate to form a baseball team. Also, like from the previous episode, they is some development with Ryo, Izumi, and Hiroki and the tension between them. Kinda foreshadowing something which you know is some sort of a love triangle and rival fight against the two girls.

Sterok

Nintendo made me feel many emotions toady. Boredom, dread, frustration, hatred. But mostly sadness. I still can't believe a Mario RPG was their best announcement. It's going to be a long wait until next E3. Maybe their mobile projects will be good.

Mikagura 11

Eruna is the protagonist of the forever. Manages to stay genuinely positive even after her friends are beating each other up over her, but isn't completely blind to their troubles. What a girl. Seisa's trauma explained. That would kind of suck. Those two guys have their thing. On to whatever is happening in the finale.

I still have no idea what it's gonna be about but I can't help but become mesmerized every time I see it. Idols, fantasy, modern city, dancing, fighting, just give it to me now.

I was completely disappointed by SMT x FE. I thought it was gonna have some creative and cool SMT elements but all I saw was what you mentioned, such a disappointment. Why are there Idols in my videogames?😑

cajunator

Banned
They announced a new console JRPG IP at the end of the conference.
Everyone seems to be forgetting that...

i didnt watch the conferences at all.

No, they just have to do good games.

Yeah, I don't know if that was the way it was translated but to me it definitely also sounded like Kumiko legit told her "I love you", while touching her face.

yeah. Maybe they are bi? Who knows really.

Human beings are complex creatures. The concepts of love, intimacy, and romance are often connected, but still stand as separate emotional pieces. The introduction of some of these elements does not in turn necessitate the others following. That a level of complexity is being misconstrued as "bait" or pandering is rather disheartening. Euph has done an excellent job of communicating two characters growing close to one another. If this kind of webbed connection seems incomprehensible with the motivation it provides to characters there are straightforward KyoAni shows to pursue. Maybe try something like Chuu2.

Chuuni is excellent. Thankies for the recommendation :)

I was completely disappointed by SMT x FE. I thought it was gonna have some creative and cool SMT elements but all I saw was what you mentioned, such a disappointment. Why are there Idols in my videogames?😑

Thing is, I didn't really know what to expect from a SMT x FE cross over so I was able to approach it with an open mind. This game is just so japanese, I love it.

Still wonder where the "M" rating will come from.

Euphonium - 11

Great episode. The audition was cool to experience, I closed my eyes and soaked in the sound when they performed.
I felt so bad for Kaori when so few applauded, and I was surprised the same happened to Reina despite the reactions during her performance. The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.
I'm glad the 'winner' realized who the better one was and acted accordingly.

Annoying ribbon pls go, based Natsuki

eEhE0mU.gif

Robotguy

Mikagura 11
#TeamErunaxOtone. Learn a bit about Seisa's past, and the nature of her power.
We dunno why her power is deteriorating though.

Yami Hat 3
Just in case a girl appeared out of a book I dropped and I instantly fell in love with her!
Err what?
What a dick.
Dafuq?

So, we learn how transportation between worlds works. We also learn that some Yamiyama guy made the world and witch girls hat. He might be a writer, I guess? Apparently Eve, who is also Hatsumi, was the original owner of the hat and also put witch girl in charge of the library. The hat doesn't appear to have any significance so far, but it's in the title and they keep talking about it, so... There is also a little witch girl who doesn't appear to have any significance so far. We then meet some Jill girl who is presumably also Hatsumi, and Gar who is an asshole kid who presumably is Mr Fabulous, though I don't remember if he was named in the previous episode. Presumably there is some business going on here with the power of words cause Eve can't speak when she's in the worlds and cause of the books and stuff. Also, there's some girl that lost her memories. I don't know what if any significance she has at this point though.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 8

Polnareff finally beating some Vodoo Doll's ass. That Stand looks really creepy, it reminds me of Chucky. Joseph uses his Stand to find out that Karykoin might be a traitor.

Squishy3

It has Gintoki/Joseph Joestar as the Chrom-like FE Persona guy. I'm in. Wonder if Nintendo is going to forego English dubs on this and Xenoblade Chronicles (since Chronicles is out in 6 months and we still haven't heard dub voices yet, the trailer today didn't even have ANY VA lol) to save money on releasing them here.

Polnareff finally beating some Vodoo Doll's ass. That Stand looks really creepy, it reminds me of Chucky. Joseph uses his Stand to find out that Karykoin might be a traitor.
This episode has one of my favorite cuts, the shot of the doll cruising around Polnareff's body cutting him as he flies upward is awesome.

Stands in the first half are all based on horror movies. Tower = The Fly, Strength = Ghost Ship. Araki really loves horror movies.

cajunator

Banned
i get shivers when kumiko says reina

me too~
Soooo good.

RIP zeroshiki.

I just find it funny because Marimite's whole cast is basically that webm in a nutshell. For 4 seasons no less.

what happened to zeroshiki?

Choose carefully...

WHOSE SMILE DO YOU WANT TO PROTECT

I dont wanna choose ;_;

OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOOOO

I am a cat penguin of integrity. I stand by goth loli imouto.

374885bceb73a23cadaa538d918c29df1246189090_full.jpg

I guess they're people who don't like Spice and Wolf show and that's fine like I don't like Attack of Titans or High school of the Dead. Well, something came in the mailbox and now it's now in my Anime DVD collection and going to watch it later on.

1633394c-cb7d-4d6b-8616-519315f81e36_zpsl881k3f9.jpg

Nice Karekano pickup!

PK Gaming

Euphonium 11

Another terrific episode. My brother was around when I watched this and I actually got him interested in the anime, which I guess is a testament to how engaging it is (considering that rarely ever happens) Taki's competition was just a clever way of convincing everyone that Reina is absolutely deserving of the solo role. Kaori's obnoxious fangirl was annoying and there's no real depth to her character. I guess we're just supposed to assume she's in love with her or something along the lines? Her character kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. She'd be more at home in some romcom anime, I feel.

Speaking of love, KyoAni's got guts, playing with fire like that. Either they're going for the ultimate yuri bait that ever existed or straight up
changing the source material.
Either way, i'm definitely sticking around for the fireworks.

It has Gintoki/Joseph Joestar as the Chrom-like FE Persona guy. I'm in. Wonder if Nintendo is going to forego English dubs on this and Xenoblade Chronicles (since Chronicles is out in 6 months and we still haven't heard dub voices yet, the trailer today didn't even have ANY VA lol) to save money on releasing them here.

This episode has one of my favorite cuts, the shot of the doll cruising around Polnareff's body cutting him as he flies upward is awesome.

It was really grotesque when the doll sliced the dude's head off like it was sliced bread.

Stands in the first half are all based on horror movies. Tower = The Fly, Strength = Ghost Ship. Araki really loves horror movies.

So how creative do Stands become because from what I heard they get really crazy?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It was really grotesque when the doll sliced the dude's head off like it was sliced bread.

So how creative do Stands become because from what I heard they get really crazy?

At one point, certain villain stands become so convulted, most fans give up trying to explain. It just happen.

part 3 stands are kind of lower level trickier stands, based mostly around having a single ability designed to get an "a-ha!" moment from the readers, and make you wonder how the hell the cast is gonna beat this

Franchise wise? pretty crazy

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DIO's Time Stop will look sensible by the time you finish Part 4.

They get really, really crazy. Sometimes too crazy.

And I love the show for them. When I heard that Part 3 was mostly a MOTW sort of thing, I was actually kind of worried going in, but I just finished episode 29 of Stardust Crusaders and I'm loving every single episode of it.

They're all so creative and there's like, never a dull moment in this show because of them. They can literally trust NOTHING.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 9

tumblr_np5wnmS8Fm1qhbsplo1_500.gif

That cherry though.

I was always wondering where this certain Gif came from. Well I finally found out and can't help but laugh. Anyway a Stand that's basically made of slime, can absorb whatever it wants, and replicate any person. Thank god Jotaro Ora Ora Ora Ora his ass.

Is it true that there are some Stands that seem basic and simple, but are rather OP due to how the user executes it and vice versa with some Stands being powerful, but turn out to be shit because of the user? Sorry with all these questions but these Stands just keep on getting interesting.

Is it true that there are some Stands that seem basic and simple, but are rather OP due to how the user executes it and vice versa with some Stands being powerful, but turn out to be shit because of the user? Sorry with all these questions but these Stands just keep on getting interesting.

Yup. Some users have pretty simple stands that are so basic they have to compensate by setting up a scenario that lets their stand work. Other users (usually the villains) basically brute force it because their stand is powerful enough.

The former is FAR more common due to the series' strategic nature.

Robotguy

Yami Hat 4
Saving princesses through the divine power of fan service.
A question we must all face eventually.
Seems legit.

So, Ritsuko from last ep is now a >100 year old semi-powerful witch. She saves a princess who then falls victim to Gar, aka Mr Fabulous in a sacrifice to a demon who turns out to be witch girl. Ritsuko saves her, but she takes her own life as she is half demon. Demon/witch girl accepts the sacrifice and presumably helps Gar on the way to achieving the ultimate life/ power.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 10

Noooooooooooooooooo are you kidding me, they
fucking killed off Advol. I was just really starting to like him.
Seriously fuck Mirror Man and obnoxious Horse dude. There Stands are pretty cool especially mirror man but still screw them.

I was genuinely moved by Polnareff's manly tears.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like how the girls tried to rig the vote even though they knew their senpai is shit, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Kaori got rekt and it was all Ribbon's fault for giving her false hope.
ZDsxCCG.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I like how the girls tried to rig the vote even though they knew their senpai is shit, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Kaori got rekt and it was all Ribbon's fault for giving her false hope.
ZDsxCCG.gif

all ribbon did in the end was shame her Senpai multiple times in front of the whole band :^)

Cornbread78

Dragon Crisis ep. 1-3:
This is an interesting one for sure. They throw a ton of story condensed into three episodes. I say that because they could have made an entire season from everything that happened in the first three. This should be a fun follow. And yeah, Rose is kinda cute. That first gif just makes me laugh because that's real early.

Narag

Victory Gundam 17

Oh to have the creative flexibility allotted by the Zanscare Empire since you can apparently try whatever the hell you want.

What was really interesting was while this is actually a recap ep of sorts, it was framed as a report to the Zanscare Queen and spun by the guy reporting to paint Zanscare mistakes (and atrocities) in a heroic light in order to mislead leadership.

Midonin

Dragon Crisis ep. 1-3:

This is an interesting one for sure. They throw a ton of story condensed into three episodes. I say that because they could have made an entire season from everything that happened in the first three. This should be a fun follow. And yeah, Rose is kinda cute. That first gif just makes me laugh because that's real early.
So you have a Kugyuu girl hanging around someone named Ryuuji. Must feel real familiar.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 11

Man does it feel so good when a piece of shit dies for his crimes, so good.😎 That little kid though got on my nerves as well as those group of people who almost cost Karykoin's and Polnareff's life's. Also what the heck is that disgusting looking pimple for.

Future Diary 18

You gotta love how romantic comedy hijinks is followed by
Parental abuse to such a degree that Ragyo would be proud of it.

Decent episode overall.
Can't say I really felt bad for Kurou's death all things considered. He pretty much served to break Yukki and properly introduce 11th to the story proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom