• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuriphonyum 11

This baiting shit is ridiculous. Can those two just hook up and make this official? Kyo Ani there's gotta be better ways to sell blu rays than this. That was literally a confession yet I bet they wont progress any further in that route.

Anyways, bow hair is so annoying. Eat dirt.

Hey Anime-GAF, first post here.
Sorry if you guys hate these recommendation posts.

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks.

I'm interested mostly in shows or movies that focus on deep characters and exploring themes. I like slice-of-life shows quite a bit.

Nice to meet you.

I'm currently watching Aria: The Animation which seems like something that you would enjoy from your list.

I also recommend anyone to watch Ojamajo Doremi, it's an anime that I'd love more people to watch. It's a long series but it is incredibly good at developing characters throughout its run. It's a lighthearted comedy magical girl anime most of the time but it does hit hard when it deals with sensitive subjects.

If you have a MyAnimeList account or similar, feel free to post it and I'll throw you a friend request!

Cornbread78

No worries bro, they are really good with the recs here. Below are some of my favs, *many may lean more towards "romance" but are all Slice of Life stuff that you may like.

- Little Busters- commedy/supernatural/Amazing ending/school
- You're Lie in April- romance/music/school
- Nisekoi- comedy/harem/school
- Golden Time- school/romance
- Saekano -comedy/harem
- Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun- comedy/school
- Oreshura- school/comedy/romance

Also as I said before Clannad and Clannad After Story. Also Kanon.

Be sure to come back and post impressions though, it would be great to read you thoughts, especially if you watch Clannad After Story.

Edit:
strangedopamine beat me to it, but if you look at Mt MAL, there are as bunch more..

Droplet

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks

Since I like about most of your top shows quite a bit I'll just recommend things I liked that err on the slice of life side.

How about:
  • House of Five Leaves
  • Kids on the Slope
  • Whisper of the Heart
  • Millenium Actress
  • Natsume's Book of Friends
  • Chihayafuru
  • The Eccentric Family
  • Barakamon

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 33

Thank god Polnareff stabbed that shitty bastard in the face. That piece of shit turning people into little kids and then just abusing them. I loved it when Jotaro destroyed that enemy Stand user even though he was a little kid. I felt bad for Polnareff that he had to leave that beautiful and genuine lady that took care of him and not even tell her his name. It seems the crew finally found Dio.

Damn I wish Joseph was affected by the dude's ability. Would of been awesome to see Young Joseph.

The ending for season 2 left me with a bile taste in my mouth that I can't remember other shows of recent date leaving me. Good god, they really fucked it up BAD, and I am not one to complain
much
about these things.

This is how much Studio Pierrot screwed up on the ending. Though warning it does contain some manga spoilers as it's different from the anime.

Manga Ending vs Anime Ending
http://i.imgur.com/5KTgoNM.jpg

TUSR

Banned
Wait, so we could get an S2 if the adapted it soon then? I really enjoyed S1 (outside of the excessive Onee-sama love disease the sis had) It was fun to watch and the MC was pretty cool, so yeah, more would be great. Plus the non-ending of S1 kinda pissed me off, lol.

As is, there is enough content to stretch into a S2. Up to almost the very end of LN 3 was adapted.

LN 7 comes out near the end of July (24th iirc).

Mature

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks.

I'm interested mostly in shows or movies that focus on deep characters and exploring themes. I like slice-of-life shows quite a bit.

Anime I really liked (in no particular order)
  • Hyouka
  • SNAFU (Finished the first season, waiting for the second season to finish so I can binge watch it in a weekend)
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

Other anime I liked (again in no particular order)
  • Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • Space Brothers (I'm in the middle of watching this one, it's long)
  • The Eccentric Family

I'm not a huge fan of action anime, although I did enjoy Fate/Zero and Space Battleship Yamato
and Girls und Panzer
quite a bit. I didn't like some others as much.
You have exceptional taste.

Check out The Flowers of Evil and Shirobako.

Edit: Barakamon and Nozaki-kun are quite good too.

Holy fuck. Brb my dinner is about to fly from inside my stomach O.O

Yeah it's a lot more brutal and left me speechless in a good way unlike the anime. The manga was goddamn amazing but I'm sad the anime ruined it.

• Hyouka
  • SNAFU (Finished the first season, waiting for the second season to finish so I can binge watch it in a weekend)
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

• Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • The Eccentric Family

I'm not a huge fan of action anime, although I did enjoy Fate/Zero and Space Battleship Yamato
and Girls und Panzer

Watch Barakamon it was the best thing from 2014. It's slice of life with great comedy and very heartwarming.

Cornbread78

As is, there is enough content to stretch into a S2. Up to almost the very end of LN 3 was adapted.

LN 7 comes out near the end of July (24th iirc).

Wasn't S1 well received? I'm surprised they haven't moved forward yet if the sales were there...

What order are these images supposed to be seen in? I haven't read the manga or seen the anime of this but I can't make sense of what's going on in that image.

The manga panel are supposed to be seen from top left first and then bottom left. The anime one is from left to right. Pretty much that was supposed to be the final battle in the manga but the anime butchered it to oblivion.

Blame Sentai, S1 was popular and sold decently too.

Bastards... lol

Anyway, is there any redeeming factor to watching We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky[/b?

Sentai has jack and shit to do with any S2 decision. It's up to Media Factory if they want to adapt any more (along with approvals from Frontier Works, AT-X, and Movic). Sentai's the company going "We'll give you 1/20th of what the cost is to put something on Amazon Japan and cut into your profits! Good deal huh!" and then move only 5,000 units total. Sentai's the leech that people praise because they're cheap (and their quality shows it).

Myself; Yourself ep.7-END:
MyselfYourself-NanaSana.png

Damn, well I guess you were right about the second half of this series. They finally get around to a little character developement and finally hammering out some of the details of their story. Honestly, for some of the characters it was a little bit too little too late kind of situation and they should haev just left the little girl out of the script all together and focused on the main characters stories more because some of them are nothing more than a face by the end. With that being said, it does go from making no sense at all as I mentioned to hitting really hard in the second half of the series as they close out the relationship stories. They build up that whole love triangle sideplot just to reveal
Hitori actually had Yuri intentions and not our MC... That was a shocker and must have helped seal the deal for him mentally
Even though it wasn't a great scene, I love that pic and as a whole, the artwork was pretty good for this one. For some reason, I really appreciate the common artwork I'm seen drawn from about 2000-2010 or so. Very similar in it's bright, bold colors as well as the character designs and that appears consistant across many different studios and artists......
Yep .. the second part is using all the buildup from the first part in order to work properly.i liked myself yourself because it wasn't a moralist story nor something done just for the sake of it. at the end that decision was alogical , even if not the common sense. I also liked the simple epilogue showing that indeed , it was good ending

I wonder what are doing with those cakes ...

Claymore 1-3

Bleak medieval setting with big swords and gory demon slaying, me like. The whole stuff about the mysterious witches/claymores being created half demons, and in some cases ticking bombs is kinda neat. Fight fire with fire.
Clare is pretty emotionless and stale as her role as a Claymore, but I can probably expect her to warm up due to the presence of the accompanying boy.

Unfortunately he's also what I don't like about this. I have a feeling he's going to be a nuisance and irritate the fuck out of me. Animation is something left to be desired when it comes to the action bits. There's a lot of fast cuts and stills.
Another complaint would be the monster designs, it's pretty much copy pasta and not much inspiration as of yet. The setting alone is bonerific enough for me though, so I will probably enjoy this even if it shits the bed on most fronts, which I of course hope it doesn't.

Erheller

Dang, thanks for all the recommendations, guys! I wasn't expecting so many responses. I'll definitely spend some time this weekend checking out each of your recommendations.

If you have a MyAnimeList account or similar, feel free to post it and I'll throw you a friend request!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Erheller

I'm bad at assigning scores, but there it is!

Be sure to come back and post impressions though, it would be great to read you thoughts, especially if you watch Clannad After Story.

All right, I definitely will.

TUSR

Banned
Sentai has jack and shit to do with any S2 decision. It's up to Media Factory if they want to adapt any more (along with approvals from Frontier Works, AT-X, and Movic). Sentai's the company going "We'll give you 1/20th of what the cost is to put something on Amazon Japan and cut into your profits! Good deal huh!" and then move only 5,000 units total. Sentai's the leech that people praise because they're cheap (and their quality shows it).

This runs deeper than I knew. want to know.

Full Moon o Sagashite ep. 1-6:

It took a little adjustment to get used to the artwork but the characters are all pretty unique and Mitsuki is definately a really cute character. This is another one that they give you the outcome at the beginning and it is all about the journey there. The banter between Takuto and Meroko has been fun this far, but we'll see how this one plays out with Takuto's feelings towards Mitsuki already out of place a little bit.. However, it's a VERY long series... And yes Cajun, the music is very cute...
YES .you've started watching it !!
So much YES !
Enjoy it don't burn trought that material too fast , but let the magic work..it's 220% worth it.
This show is so damned cute. I will really miss it when its over.
Absolutely must own it on bluray.
Same here, the etotama blu-ray is bought if someone bring it in europe.

No Game No Life LE is revealed
CH0G2jDWIAA_6_D.jpg:large
Damn , that's ... very nice I'm tempted , very tempted ... i want to buy this

Claymore 1-3

Bleak medieval setting with big swords and gory demon slaying, me like. The whole stuff about the mysterious witches/claymores being created half demons, and in some cases ticking bombs is kinda neat. Fight fire with fire.
Clare is pretty emotionless and stale as her role as a Claymore, but I can probably expect her to warm up due to the presence of the accompanying boy.

Unfortunately he's also what I don't like about this. I have a feeling he's going to be a nuisance and irritate the fuck out of me. Animation is something left to be desired when it comes to the action bits. There's a lot of fast cuts and stills.
Another complaint would be the monster designs, it's pretty much copy pasta and not much inspiration as of yet. The setting alone is bonerific enough for me though, so I will probably enjoy this even if it shits the bed on most fronts, which I of course hope it doesn't.

MOnsters design will improve over time.. and the boy will annoy you a little but you'll be fine... Things will happen in a satisfying manner , so proceed forward .

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 34

Fuck this episode it made Joseph look completely useless. Just joking it was a good episode with the built up tension but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed because they made Joseph look like the type that would give up easily, when his younger self wouldn't act like that. I mean he would of thought of something else. Why couldn't he use Hamon though? Anyway I wonder how Advol and Jotaro will win this gamble against D'Arby.

cajunator

Banned

• Hyouka
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

• Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • The Eccentric Family

and Girls und Panzer

Watch Humanity Has Declined

This runs deeper than I knew. want to know.

Basically nothing gets made for the US market anymore. Even Funi's given up on their self-started movie projects. Anime is made for the Japanese audience first and foremost. They pay more, they buy a lot of other things, and there's a higher proportion of fans there. Media Factory is playing it smart by listening to them instead of Sentai.

Andrew J.

• Hyouka
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

• Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • The Eccentric Family

and Girls und Panzer

Non Non Biyori
Barakamon

Erheller

A lot of really recent stuff on this list. Are you only updating with things you've watched recently or are you relatively new to anime in general?

Pretty new. I started watching about a year ago - the only old anime on that list is Gundam SEED. I remember seeing that one on TV around a decade ago, so I decided to rewatch it.

Edit: I also don't add stuff that I drop really early on.

sonicmj1

• Hyouka
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

• Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • The Eccentric Family

and Girls und Panzer

Windy Tales
Gunslinger Girl
Flowers of Evil
Ping Pong
Mushishi
Haibane Renmei

I finally caught up with Stardust Crusaders.

I'm glad I only have to wait until tomorrow to see the finale.

I gotta say, it's certainly been a wild, bizzare, adventure, but Jojo Part 3 is definitely my favorite of the Jojo series, and one of my favorite Shounen series as well. From the Stands, to the manliness, to the strategies, it's just been a fun show all around.

Cornbread78

Yep .. the second part is using all the buildup from the first part in order to work properly.i liked myself yourself because it wasn't a moralist story nor something done just for the sake of it. at the end that decision was alogical , even if not the common sense. I also liked the simple epilogue showing that indeed , it was good ending

Yeah, I was pleased with the outcome and it was cute, but they could have made more of an event of it, lol. I also wish they spent more time on the character development throughout and explained the stories better. They rushed a ton into the last couple episodes that hit hard but it felt they could have added more content. But yeah, sometimes simple can be better.

Robotguy

I gotta say, it's certainly been a wild, bizzare, adventure, but Jojo Part 3 is definitely my favorite of the Jojo series, and one of my favorite Shounen series as well. From the Stands, to the manliness, to the strategies, it's just been a fun show all around.
I've held off watching the last few episodes so I can watch the Dio eps back to back. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Yuriphonyum 11

This baiting shit is ridiculous. Can those two just hook up and make this official? Kyo Ani there's gotta be better ways to sell blu rays than this. That was literally a confession yet I bet they wont progress any further in that route.

Was it not in the original novel?

Cornbread78

We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky

So I watched a couple episodes of this one as a break from Full Moon and, well, this one is a little off the rails so far, lol. I'm still trying to figure out all the characters and what their up to. The humor is not bad, but oddly timed. However, the girls are cute but it's tough to tell how old everyone is. Are they college age since they are drinking? If so, what's up with the school uniforms and the adult talking, ecchi, loli girl? Well, we'll see what happens...

I don't understand what my husband is saying S2 - 12

This couple is so weet !!

I want to pat them in the back and tell them that everything 'll be alright.

A character on Hannibal asks Will if he's Hannibal's "nakama", and then clarifies that it's a Japanese word meaning a very close friend. They proceed to use the word twice more over the course of the episode, in otherwise completely English sentences.

It's one of the most random things ever, and I wasn't even sure I had heard her right at first.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
A character on Hannibal asks Will if he's Hannibal's "nakama", and then clarifies that it's a Japanese word meaning a very close friend. They proceed to use the word twice more over the course of the episode, in otherwise completely English sentences.

It's one of the most random things ever, and I wasn't even sure I had heard her right at first.

sasuga one piece stans

Robotguy

Should have said "Translator's note: Nakama means friend"

But, yeah, that sounds pretty weird.

glad you're enjoying it! The DIO's mansion arc starting from Pet Shop is what really makes Crusaders for me.

I'm getting close to the finale but I still prefer Battle Tendency and think it's better than Stardust Crusaders. Not to say Stardust Crusaders isn't enjoyable because it definitely has been a great ride so far. But yeah what made Battle Tendency better imo was Joseph being an amazing MC, Speendwagon's hilarious commentary, Strohiem's German Science, Caesar being a bro, tighter story, and GOAT Opening and Ending. Plus I feel it had a higher emotional pull
Caesar's death
for example. I guess you could also say I was really excited for each episode of Battle Tendency while Stardust Crusaders I was a bit burnt out with the Monster of the week. Still though Stardust Crusaders has been great especially just seeing the cast being bros.

Just 11 more episodes to go. I'm gonna finish it before the last episode airs tomorrow.

Squishy3

i can't even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom