• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
Yahari / SNAFU! S2 Ep. 12

Oh my God this episode you guys.

6Hmmwfs.png
wUF5XBF.png

2Ca3wz9.png
4RMo4XM.png
The scenes with Saki and Keika were really great. Makes me wish they didn't cut out all their scenes in the anime.

Full impressions later but loved everyone's reaction when Orimoto asked if she gave Hachiman chocolate in middle school, lol. Especially jazz hands stuco prez.

phaze

Giant Robo 3

This is what happens when you let 12 year old kids pilot giant ass killing machines. (Who take their fashion cues from Strike Witches) You'd think people in anime verse would have learned the lesson by now but noooo, it's always the teenage dummies who get thrown into the mecha cockpit and have to save the world.

The cat is out of the bag on the
"Ginrei is Vogler's daughter"
obvious plot reveal but at least they didn't try to sell it off as some giant twist.

I'm loving the pompous and unrelenting music score so far.

Hey Anime-GAF, first post here.
Sorry if you guys hate these recommendation posts.

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks.

I'm interested mostly in shows or movies that focus on deep characters and exploring themes. I like slice-of-life shows quite a bit.

Shows:
Ping Pong: The Animation (same director and similar staff of Tatami Galaxy)
Kuchuu Buranko aka Trapeze (same director of Tsuritama)
Shirobako (same director as Girls und Panzer)
Mushishi
The Flowers of Evil

Movies:
Wolf Children (same director as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Since you mentioned you already perused through some of the AOTY threads and other links, Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata films should go without saying. Based on your interests, I'd suggest trying some Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor) and Satoshi Kon films (Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers).

stryke

SNAFU 12

Well that's weird, we've jumped ahead of the light novel. Another enjoyable episode that hopefully leads to a great finale.

Cornbread78

We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky ep. 7-END
7340-hygwug26ey.jpg

Wow, what a finish to this one. They do a great job pulling you in an opposite direction before you finally realize what is really going on at the end. I guess confusing the crap out of you at the beginning was on purpose then... There is a lot of random fanservice and ecchi jokes in this one but it as has cute girls so.. yadda yadda. However, the little loli girl needs to go, lol. I'm not sure why they classify this one as a romance since it doesn't really exist in any true fashion, they just play with a bunch of different girls and that's all I can say abotu that. Decent watch overall, but watch it for mindless fun and ecchi and not to have a great story played out or for deep character developement, relationship development and/or romance...

SNAFU 12

Why, just why does this show have to end next week. This episode man... Tension is growing stronger and deep inside they all know why.

Gotta love Haruno-san senpai for making everyone feel super uncomfortable and bringing this shit to the surface. Otherwise they would just try to stick to the status quo for as long as possible.

SNAFU 12

Well that's weird, we've jumped ahead of the light novel. Another enjoyable episode that hopefully leads to a great finale.

Wait wha? So this hasn't been released in LN form yet??

Gotta love Haruno-san senpai for making everyone feel super uncomfortable and bringing this shit to the surface. Otherwise they would just try to stick to the status quo for as long as possible.
I have a love hate relationship with this character, she's a bitch lmfao. Her methods are awful, but she just wants to see them happy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SNAFU 12

Hachiman dun goofed unless he's going for the superior third option.

Cornbread78

SNAFU 12
My lord. It runs deep, I mean, real deep in this one. Haruno is a douche, seriously.
Love
is obviously the sinister force at play here that here sister is referring to, but is it? If you look at the ending and the way this one played out, it sounds like
Yui is taking herself out of Hiki contention, The denied hang out/date, denied walking home as "not being fair to herself" and especially the promo for next week... #teamYui is already dead..
We also finally got another Iroha rejection, which was funny/cute! It's been a couple episodes since the last time, lol. She likes to pick on Hiki and plays a good "cutesy" role doing it for the show.

Now back to Haruno Is she
Just trying to get Yuki to confess her true feeling for Hiki? Or, is there a greater and seperate plot here with Yuki's family that we are still overlooking like was mentioned in an arranged marriage of sorts with Hayama? There is another story there that has not been told yet....With that being said, there is obviously deeper feelings between Hiki and Yuki coming out and we can all see the developement of their relationship the past couple weeks. If you remember back to S1 (before the big reveal/blow out with the car incident and the true coming out) there was hints of feelings for Hiki then... It's kinda crazy if you go back and watch the Mall trip scene with Yuki now

SNAFU 12
My lord. It runs deep, I mean, real deep in this one. Haruno is a douche, seriously.
Love
is obviously the sinister force at play here that here sister is referring to, but is it? If you look at the ending and the way this one played out, it sounds like
Yui is taking herself out of Hiki contention, The denied hang out/date, denied walking home as not being fair to herself and especially the promo for next week... #teamYui is already dead..
However we finally got another Iroha rejection, which was funny/cute and it's been a couple episodes, lol. She likes to Hiki and plays a godo cutesy role doing it.

Now back to Haruno Is she
Just trying to get Yuki to confess her true feeling for Hiki? Or, is there a greater and seperate plot here with Yuki's family that we are still overlooking like was mentioned in an arranged marriage of sorts with Hayama? There is another story there that has not been told yet....With that being said, there is obviously deeper feelings between Hiki and Yuki coming out and we can all see the developement of their relationship the past couple weeks. If you remember back to S1 (before the big reveal/blow out with the car incident and the true coming out) there was hints of feelings for Hiki then... It's kinda crazy if you go back and watch the Mall trip scene with Yuki now

Great analysis as always. I too have my doubts about what the sinister force is, whether it is
love or conflict/jealousy/competition
and I'm more inclined to believe it is more the latter, because of the former. Can't believe next week is the last episode... Wouldn't it be great if it ended with a "Season 3 in 201x, see you then!"

If I didn't know this was a hand I'd be freaked out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Great analysis as always. I too have my doubts about what the sinister force is, whether it is
and I'm more inclined to believe it is more the latter, because of the former. Can't believe next week is the last episode... Wouldn't it be great if it ended with a "Season 3 in 201x, see you then!"

If I didn't know this was a hand I'd be freaked out.

Huh?

It seemed pretty clear to me that Haruno was going on about the fact that
Yui and Yukino are obviously in love with Hachiman, but its super awkward trying to resolve it because a) they're teenagers and b) they've fallen into the Hayama-clique trap where they can't do anything about their actual feelings because it would mess up their group. Worse than Tobe and Ebina would have because both Yukino and Yui like the same guy.

Cornbread78

Man, yeah, I just hope they do not end season 2 with a cliff-hanger, knowing it is going to be several years before we see a continuation of the story....

Being the Valentines day episode, I can see a
confession
coming up, but yeah,
Yui is definately jeleous of Hiki and Yuki now, especially after the mixing bowl incident. She knows everything, she has to, which is why she is hesitant to spend time with Hiki and why Haruno wants them to all come clean with their feelings
Either way next week could be the real breakthrough into "genuine" and could be very explosive indeed....

Huh?

It seemed pretty clear to me that Haruno was going on about the fact that
Yui and Yukino are obviously in love with Hachiman, but its super awkward trying to resolve it because a) they're teenagers and b) they've fallen into the Hayama-clique trap where they can't do anything about their actual feelings because it would mess up their group. Worse than Tobe and Ebina would have because both Yukino and Yui like the same guy.

indeed, the evil of all evils. It's time to be "genuine" and it might not be pretty. However,
it sounds like Yui is ready to concede
so maybe not sooo bad, but damn it should be an emotional stand..

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders - The Long Journey Ends, Goodbye My Friends

Sound effects in the OP! And they changed it to insert The World!
Episode was great. Lots of extreme detail close ups, all the iconic moments nailed, good ORAORAORA MUDAMUDAMUDA clash. Also EXCELLENT that DIO's last words were KONO DIO DA! I don't remember if that was so in the manga but goddamn that was satisfying.

I remember when I thought the famous ROAD ROLLA DA was something they made up for the Capcom game, then reading the manga and getting to it and realize that was something that actually happened. That moment was excellent here. I was laughing the whole time at Joseph's spirit, since I knew they were spending all this time on his emotional death when he's back at the end of the episode and the first thing he does is troll Jotaro and almost get his skull caved in.

No Part 4 tease, however. This may be because the first chapter of Part 3 (Jotaro in the jail cell) is actually the last chapter in Battle Tendency's last volume. I expect them to add a teaser to the BDs.

Stardust Crusaders TV as a whole was a great experience.

Angry Grimace

Man, yeah, I just hope they do not end season 2 with a gliff-hanger, knowing it is going to be several years before we see a continuation of the story....

Being the Valentimes day episode, I can see a
confession
coming up, but yeah,
Yui is definately jeleous of Hiki and Yuki now, especially after the mixing bowl incident. She knows everything, she has to, which is why she is hesitant to spend time with Hiki and why Haruno wants them to all come clean with their feelings
Either way next week could be the real breakthrough into "genuine" and could be very explosive indeed....

indeed, the evil of all evils. It's time to be "genuine" and it might not be pretty. However,

My bold prediction is that Iroha spoils it by jumping the gun first (again) and then gets rejected again in favor of both Yui/Yukino, but he doesn't actually commit to either. I wouldn't be surprised at all if nothing at all gets resolved and it gets punted off to the last season.

Poor Yui. I'm not really sure what she was supposed to have done. She clearly liked Hachiman well before any of the emotional shit came into play, and then once that happened Yukino almost immediately stole her man. The way she walked off saying it would be "unfair" to get walked home was just =( as fuck.

Man, yeah, I just hope they do not end season 2 with a gliff-hanger, knowing it is going to be several years before we see a continuation of the story....

Being the Valentimes day episode, I can see a
confession
coming up, but yeah,

I just get this feeling that things won't end well and a lot of plot points are still going to be unresolved. The long wait is gonna be awful.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 47

I really loved what David Production did with the Opening, it was a nice treat. I loved how Jotaro was carefully strategic in trying to get a hit on Dio. I mean he stopped his heart for god sakes. Dio is such a clever bastard, he finally got some blood from Joseph and got a power up. I really hope
Joseph doesn't die.

Now I don't know if this is a asspull but how the hell can Dio and Jotaro fly around with yellow auras suddenly? Also is it plot convenience for Jotaro to suddenly be able to move in The World because it seems like it. Otherwise it was a good episode.

God I feel like I accomplished something great. I didn't think I would actually reach to the finale but I actually did. I hope there's more to come from the series.

Arcadius

Banned
We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky ep. 7-END There is a lot of random fanservice and ecchi jokes in this one but it as has cute girls so.. yadda yadda. However, the little loli girl needs to go, lol. I'm not sure why they classify this one as a romance since it doesn't really exist in any true fashion, they just play with a bunch of different girls and that's all I can say abotu that. Decent watch overall, but watch it for mindless fun and ecchi and not to have a great story played out or for deep character developement, relationship development and/or romance...

All I need, thanks.

Embrace the moe

Already embraced!

Danmachi endcard by Index's illustrator Kiyotaka Haimura

Really cute endcard, nice!

phaze

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 48
Classic rage power up solves the issue.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who knew FSN wouldn't be the show with most asspulls* in this season. I'm not even angry cause I'm too happy because of that last one.
Classic Joseph.

Generally, I can't say I was a big fan of SC and I consider it to be a good few grades below BT but it always kept hanging on to a certain level of entertainment that in these, animudead times, can't just be taken for granted. Abayo Polnareff !

Needs confirmation but there may have been a teaser for Part 4 after the final episode of Stardust Crusaders.

1kmA1Yn.jpg

I'm looking around for sources.

In fact can anyone read this? lol. It might be for a different show on the same network.

Needs confirmation but there may have been a teaser for Part 4 after the final episode of Stardust Crusaders.

1kmA1Yn.jpg

I'm looking around for sources.

In fact can anyone read this? lol. It might be for a different show on the same network.

That just says "Sequel work approved!" It's not for JoJo though. Other reports say no sequel announcement was made.

Cornbread78

Nisekoi ep 11:
Yes, This was one of the best episodes of Nisekoi yet because we finally got some clear background story and, of course, it was about the best girl! It's great that she got screen time and now we, finally, have a much better idea of her and Raku's relationship, and the what's and when's of it. I'm so happy they put this out there finally since it fills in so many story gaps! Also, those faces like the gif at top... excellent...

Anko

I am pretty jealous of your ability to see Yuki in concert in Japan. I would love to do that someday but it will probably never happen. At least I have her music.
It helps to live in Asia. Still, I am totally jealous of the Hong Kong and Taiwanese. Their plane tickets cost nearly half of mine! My next trip is in less than a month, where we will get the glorious strings quartet at the Orchard Hall. The stars seemed to have aligned and placed it on the long weekend. Thank god for national holidays.

Fingers crossed for a BD release! The Kara no Kyoukai medley (Mirai Fukuin M07 + in the garden of sinners + a part of paradigm, assuming it gets performed in July) is begging to be released in some form. And of course, I miss you (Madoka compilation movies) as sung by Tomaru Hanae + Yuriko Kaida. For fans of See-Saw, they covered a number of .hack// theme songs. Namely Edge, Tasogare no Umi and Kioku.

I... I'll stop here before I start rambling some more.

Arcadius

Banned
Nisekoi ep 11:
Yes, one of the best episodes yet because we finally got some clear background story and of course it was about the best girl! It's great she got the screen time and now we finally get a good idea of her and Raku's relationship, and the what's and when's of it. So happy they put this out there finally! Also, those faces like the gif at top... excellant...

Oh my goooodnesss.. That first gif is so cuuute!

phaze

In two years, we will hail GT as a timeless classic that was unfortunately ruined and retconned by Toei's newest cash grab.
0k4tkrdlybf0.png

Sure that's not a placeholder or something?
Not like I find that hard to believe at all.

Well considering this is Dragon Ball, Toei would definitely want to milk this series since it makes a lot of revenue. So 100 episode would actually make sense. So I doubt that's a placeholder though I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom