• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

That actually sounds like the worst thing ever.

chloes-birthday-gifts-blue-balls.jpg

Goddamn GIFs blew up on my phone and froze the whole thing while I was on the bus. Jesus. A bit of delicacy AnimeGAF LOL!

Summer is gonna be the end of us all.

Sorry....

Reknoc

They did a digital chapter of To Love Ru Darkness or whatever it's on now, that had interactive boob jiggling. Truly the future of manga and maybe all comics.

Hey, you know what you guys should watch instead of To Love Ru? Jojo.

Or G Gundam.

Or Kino's Journey.

Just saying. Good shows right there. Wanted to point those out. Good day.

To love ru is a series for kids without the balls to just actually read hentai. It has no redeeming qualities
This is the typical ignorant comment that comes form people who don't understand titillation is preferable for some people compared to going full bore naked.

Why think people buy sexy lingerie? TLR may be 'low brow' ecchi anime but it achieves what it sets out to do with a certain splendor most ecchi shows can only hope to achieve.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 27 (engDUB)
CIG-jRMW8AE5NJb.png
CIG-jUbWUAA8jT0.png

I cant wait for Team Trinity Dragon to cardfight in this tourney, maybe. Though I hope they make it to nationals, then Card Capitol 2 can have two teams make it.

Karl and Tsuneto are the best parts of their pose.

Cornbread78

Full Moon Wo Sagashite ep 7-12:
Blew through another few episodes this morning and the show continues to be cute and fun on the whole. It has not gotten into the "despair" aspect I was expecting from the srite-up and show desription, but I still have around 40 episodes to go, lol. The music is still cute since that is the focus of the show so far, but we'll see how this one progresses.

phaze

So what are the chances of another anime like monster ever happening? And I mean a seinen/mature anime dealing that tries to be relatively realistic with its plot and characters (and design) that also happens to be grounded?

Monster sucks so hopefully not.

Have you seen House of Five Leaves ? Fairly stylised designs but grounded story and characters.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (BT) 24-26

Rewatched the Kars fight to compare it with the ending of SC. I can only say, I stand my ground in the "who pulled more deus ex machinas" debate. Yes the ending, especially the conveniently aimed flying arm and a bunch of high speed stones are a bloody ridiculous denouement to the Joseph's fight but they still pale in comparison to the numerous logic breaching events during the Dio clash. Outside of that and of the completely random plane Joseph and Stroheim happen to hijack, the fight kinda makes sense as it relies on various Joseph's keikakus and not on random power ups and Kars being an idiot. It's probably not a very fair comparison as during those 3 episodes of BT, there was very little actual fighting between the combatants. A lot of time is spend on flashbacks, commentary, Kars being a sexy bastard and Joseph just running away. Meanwhile Jotaro was in constant contact with Dio so it was probably harder for Araki to invent reasonable ways for Jotaro to fight his nemesis.

One thing I will give SC is that the narrator there is less obnoxious. I imagine it's due to being faithful to the manga but both parts could stand to lose a bit of that and of the over long character monologues.
005689x6slb.png
00569462s8w.png

Classic Joseph.

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 12 – Self-Destruction

Another badly written ace of diamond episode. I guess this was the only way for the plot to go without being repetitive/
still it seems pretty hard being Mei he has to go through that losing depression yet again, its so unfair for him to have to go through all these struggles to be ace of Inashiro. Oh well at least it means he and Tadano can go stronger together and get even better.

Kekkai Sensen - 11

That got a bit dark. Really liked the backstory for White and Black. It did a great job of establishing their relationship and help us understand why she made that choice. That ending though...
White is linked to the barrier so it seems like she has to die to completely break the seal?
Man, I hope they don't end the series on a downer like that. The prologue in episode 1 does give me some hope though.

I loved how they foreshadowed this from the first episode.

Mendrox

To Love Ru pretty much becomes hentai without sex later on.

It's great.

Nya... too many scenes later on that imply sex gestures like toothbrushes, tails, nipple sucking and more. To Love-Ru is the god series of being hentai without being hentai.

Mikan best girl. After that comes Momo.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (BT) 24-26

Rewatched the Kars fight to compare it with the ending of SC. I can only say, I stand my ground in the "who pulled more deus ex machinas" debate. Yes the ending, especially the conveniently aimed flying arm and a bunch of high speed stones are a bloody ridiculous denouement to the Joseph's fight but they still pale in comparison to the numerous logic breaching events during the Dio clash. Outside of that and of the completely random plane Joseph and Stroheim happen to hijack, the fight kinda makes sense as it relies on various Joseph's keikakus and not on random power ups and Kars being an idiot. It's probably not a very fair comparison as during those 3 episodes of BT, there was very little actual fighting between the combatants. A lot of time is spend on flashbacks, commentary, Kars being a sexy bastard and Joseph just running away. Meanwhile Jotaro was in constant contact with Dio so it was probably harder for Araki to invent reasonable ways for Jotaro to fight his nemesis.

One thing I will give SC is that the narrator there is less obnoxious. I imagine it's due to being faithful to the manga but both parts could stand to lose a bit of that and of the over long character monologues.

I found it both hilarious and bullshit at the same time
on how Kakyoin got a hole blasted in him due to ZA WAURDO but Jotaro ended up getting broken bones.
😌

Poor Kakyoin The Milf Hunter.

Arcadius

Banned
Full Moon Wo Sagashite ep 7-12:
Blew through another few episodes this morning and the show continues to be cute and fun on the whole. It has not gotten into the "despair" aspect I was expecting from the srite-up and show desription, but I still have around 40 episodes to go, lol. The music is still cute since that is the focus of the show so far, but we'll see how this one progresses.

I don't want to say anything, "despair" though, huh. Hehehe.

A lot more to go through, I'm glad you're enjoying the show.

phaze

The Big O 2-13

I think I'm just genetically predisposed to disliking episodic shows. I try to tackle them with an open mind but I always fail in the end. The noir vibe permeating Big O saves it from feeling completely flat for me but outside of two episodes, I can't say this show is working out for me. The desire of the writers to pack into every story a mecha battle often breaks the mood and moreover, makes things awfully predictable. So much so, I imagine this would be a better show without them. Also jeeez at that ending. I would be pretty pissed if that was all there was to the story. To have to wait 3 years for a new season must have been infuriating.

One bright spot is everything involving Dorothy, especially her interactions with Roger. They're hilarious together.

Cornbread78

I don't want to say anything, "despair" though, huh. Hehehe.

A lot more to go through, I'm glad you're enjoying the show.

yeah, I know it's coming... I mean, the whole premise is about her sickness and she has 1 year left to live.... but.... I took a break from it for a littl ebit and watched something else.. I was having "tech" issues with it earlier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To love ru is a series for kids without the balls to just actually read hentai. It has no redeeming qualities

There's something that actually bothers me about series where the entire thing is just "SEX SEX SEX" and then nobody has sex.

Enron

Banned
Idol Future

AnimeNewsNetwork said:
The Love Live! The School Idol Movie film sold 188,000 tickets during its second weekend at the box office from June 20-21, earning 260 million yen (about US$2.1 million) in the two days. The film beat Mad Max: Fury Road for amount of tickets sold. Mad Max: Fury Road opened on June 20 in Japan, and ranked at #2 for amount of tickets sold.

Love Live! The School Idol Movie sold 251,811 tickets in its first weekend, earning 400,235,800 yen (about US$3,240,900). In terms of amount of tickets sold, the film was in first place, but in terms of box office earnings, the film opened in second place behind Our Little Sister, the live-action film adaptation of Akimi Yoshida's (Banana Fish) Umimachi Diary manga.

Love Live! The School Idol Movie will screen in theaters outside of Japan starting in August. The film will screen in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, and Indonesia.

The film's opening weekend had beaten the K-ON! film's debut, which earned 316.31 million yen (about US$4.054 million at the time) in its first weekend when it opened in Japan in December 2011 on 137 screens. Gekijō-ban Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica [Shinpen]: Hangyaku no Monogatari's (Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-) opening weekend earned 400,003,600 yen (about US$4 million at the time) when it opened on 129 screens in October 2013.

In 2010, the anime studio Sunrise, Lantis, and ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine launched Love Live! as a self-described "ultimate user-participation project" that lets its fans vote on the future of the fictional idols. A series of music CDs and animated music videos then followed. The members of the project announced in 2012 that an full anime series had been green-lit for the following year. The second season of the anime premiered in April 2014.

Crunchyroll streamed both series as they aired in Japan, and NIS America has licensed both seasons for North American release.

Source: Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web

WITNESS MEEEE

large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom