• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

So at the end of the last episode of Danmachi, was that giant skeleton coming to kill Hestia for using her powers or what? Or was that just a random giant skeleton?

That's what I'm going with. It's all that bastard Hermes fault too, but yeah, that was a no no for Hestia the magic item Hephestus returned to Welf will have to be found and used to save the day somehow...

I can't remember if it was TLR that got chickdigger permbanned here or if it was another gif.

If it was, it was probably the popsicle gif that is hilariously gross and will not be posted because of common sense reasons... lol

So some artwork by Mahiro Maeda came out of that cancelled Mad Max Fury Road anime that was going to be about Furiosa

It hurts me to know this will never happen

mmfr-anime1.jpg

mmfr-anime2.jpg

mmfr-anime3.jpg

mmfr-anime4.jpg

lets hope these two shows lead to more bannings

I would think people have learned, if not Duckroll will get mad again

just ban the shows tbh

Yeah just what we need, more things in the book of unwritten bans for new people to step on like land mines

Aria the Origination - 10

mmN7fKj.jpg
yXS7CJi.png

Truthfact!

Alice was so nervous
on her first day as Prima.
Maa sachou trolling in the well was so funny.
I wanted to have watched it way sooner, but now that classes are out of the way I'll finish it to be ready for the Avvenire.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's what I'm going with. It's all that bastard Hermes fault too, but yeah, that was a no no for Hestia the magic item Hephestus returned to Welf will have to be found and used to save the day somehow...

I looked around and figured out the answer elsewhere because apparently I have no patience.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SNAFU S2 12

Holy shit. YukixHiki OTP.

Wow this episode.

This is probably the most strung the romantic tension has ever been in this show. You can literally feel the mood between the main trio and how awkward it has become. Haruno was pretty cruel in this episode but she was also true. Yukino, Yui, and Hikigiya are all lying to themselves if they think the can ignore what is clearly happening between the three of them. There isn't anything genuine if they can't accept the truth of their feelings. I'm not so sure however if what is "sinister" truly is love though as others have pointed it could be respect or even competition.

Apparently this episode completed the current light novel material? Hopefully the final episode either wraps things up nicely or confirms a season 3 or movie. I would hate for a cliffhanger in this show that leads nowhere. Either way...we are in for something else for the finale.

It's extremely sinister because Yukino is going out of her way to slowly slowly build her relationship with Hachiman while keeping her relationship with Yui segregated. They don't consider their relationship as a whole together. Not only that but if you really think about it, throughout the season Yui and and Yukino have been having less time hanging out with each other but more with Hachiman as he is the crux of their lives now at this point. The problem Haruno sees is that there's this huge elephant in this room, Hachiman, but no one seems to want to address it because they think that it will drastically change everything. The point is for Hachiman to slowly grow his own feelings where he'll naturally choose someone. That's pretty sinister.

Cornbread78

I looked around and figured out the answer elsewhere because apparently I have no patience.

Lol, did you go look up the LN? We'll officially find out Fri.

SNAFU S2 12

It's extremely sinister because Yukino is going out of her way to slowly slowly build her relationship with Hachiman while keeping her relationship with Yui segregated. They don't consider their relationship as a whole together. Not only that but if you really think about it, throughout the season Yui and and Yukino have been having less time hanging out with each other but more with Hachiman as he is the crux of their lives now at this point. The problem Haruno sees is that there's this huge elephant in this room, Hachiman, but no one seems to want to address it because they think that it will drastically change everything. The point is for Hachiman to slowly grow his own feelings where he'll naturally choose someone. That's pretty sinister.

Yeah, but the ending monolog by Yui kind of lays out how it's going to go this week. It's unfortunate, but it sounds like she is jumping on the grand to keep friends. Also, Haruno is a bitch... she needs to mind her own.. Hiki x Yuki will happen this week if there is an anime God looking out for Hiki..

Also, we are clearly missing some Yuki backstory that must make a big difference in thsee relationships...

Aria the Origination - 11

That first person camera chasing Alice was bizarre.
It's pretty cool seeing Alice
setting in her working life as a Prima, and having trouble finding time and a reason to see
Aika and Akari...
and them they pay a surprise visit
to eat banana pizza. Things really get hectic when you
start a something new and making time is hard, the people I used to play soccer with stopped because some got jobs/girlfriends, others married and it became hard to make time to play soccer together.
And nice to know Aika is motivated
to turn into Crybaby Serenade

NeonZ

Lupin III (Red Jacket) - Episode 90

I just wanted to post some pictures from this episode.

Oddly though, for a while now, they've been avoiding outright supernatural elements, always revealing some truth behind devils or supposed super humans who challenge Lupin. They haven't outright denied that he faced genuine supernatural threats before though. Of course, completely out of place technology like microwaves converted into teleporters or a machine that cancels sounds seem to still be fair game somehow.

Yeah, but the ending monolog by Yui kind of lays out how it's going to go this week. It's unfortunate, but it sounds like she is jumping on the grand to keep friends. Also, Haruno is a bitch... she needs to mind her own.. Hiki x Yuki will happen this week if there is an anime God looking out for Hiki..

I doubt Yui's end will be so simple, especially since the show has been hammering in genuine this and genuine that so much. If she were to just lie to herself and them about her own feelings, that'd pretty much be going against what they supposedly want. If nothing else, it'll be outright and ended firmly. On top of that, there's Haruno hinting that Yuki's trust and affection aren't as genuine as we seemingly believe, so that needs to get resolved as well.

Midonin

Sailor Moon S 106-117

So a lot's been happening in the show. Haruka and Michiru getting their special weapons, Usagi getting a super mode that's more of a special attack - and doing it before Precure, at that - and the appearance of Hotaru. Seeing Hotaru's plotline is making it super clear to me just how much Hayate's subplot from Nanoha A's borrowed/was inspired by Hotaru, including making a friend with a less experienced magical girl. S has been really fun so far, and it looks like the plot is about to kick into high gear next week. And hearing Mimete is odd, because Mika Kanai is a VA I actually recognize - as Histoire, Vanilla, Satoko, etc. Mimete is a very Mika Kanai-ish character, but it's still kinda weird.

Jintor

I know the Shinkai stuff only seems to appear on Crunchyroll for one weekend a year or whatever but is there anything else they rotate out? When do they typically rotate them out/when do the licences expire? Just making sure bits of my backlog don't disappear suddenly every few months.

Aria the Origination - 12

WHAT! What! Whats up with
Aika becoming a Prima offscreen, on the OP...that's a little better.
The time has come to break my heart
with everyone 'graduating' and going their own way...but I'm feeling more hopeful for their futures than dread of they beign separeted, maybe because they'll follow their senpais footsteps and eventually have encounters from time to time, but I'm calling fucking bullshit if Alicia retires here! ò___ó

Cornbread78

I doubt Yui's end will be so simple, especially since the show has been hammering in genuine this and genuine that so much. If she were to just lie to herself and them about her own feelings, that'd pretty much be going against what they supposedly want. If nothing else, it'll be outright and ended firmly. On top of that, there's Haruno hinting that Yuki's trust and affection aren't as genuine as we seemingly believe, so that needs to get resolved as well.

Either way, it is going to be an explosive and emotional episode about those three. I hope they start letting us in on all the recent Yuki moments with her family to make more sense of it. Also, they need to have him choose 1 thus week if it is going to happen this week. The worst thing they could do it put off everything until a S3 is ready to air years from now..

Enron

Banned
Just cause I'm not on ETG atm, doesn't mean I'll let you get away with this! (next time copy paste and just omit the link, you got linking ANN half right, just a bit more).

Wow cyber bullying

Look man i post the first source i come across

today was not your day

Enron

Banned
Wowwwwww.
People love this show more than I thought!
Was IdolM@ster this popular?
Also why this particular show? Ive seen it and Im not sure whats so special that people go nuts over it. I mean I love Nico and Maki but what is it?

Because it's fun, and not boring. Characters are fun, pacing is great, not a lot of bullshit. Just awesomeness.

IdolM@ster? what the fuck is that?

Also: you would be a dirty Nico fan! figures

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Because it's fun, and not boring. Characters are fun, pacing is great, not a lot of bullshit. Just awesomeness.

IdolM@ster? what the fuck is that?

Also: you would be a dirty Nico fan! figures

You did not just disrespect IM@S! Love Live would be nothing if it wasn't for IM@S!! :(

SNAFU S2 12

Haruno is the best. She gets shit to happen.

PK Gaming

So I just finished Death Parade. Great anime, though it could have been much better with twice as many episodes to work with

We're getting a S2, right

Narag

So I just finished Death Parade. Great anime, though it could have been much better with twice as many episodes to work with

We're getting a S2, right

I hope not. Wouldn't mind more OVA-style eps like how Death Billiards fit into continuity though.

PK Gaming

I hope not. Wouldn't mind more OVA-style eps like how Death Billiards fit into continuity though.

To be honest, I didn't really care for serialized elements of the story. I think I would have liked it a lot more if it followed a procedural format. The B plot didn't really go anywhere.

Mature

To be honest, I didn't really care for serialized elements of the story. I think I would have liked it a lot more if it followed a procedural format. The B plot didn't really go anywhere.
I enjoyed Death Parade a great deal, but yeah, if they took the mainline story out completely to give the individual cases more time and just finished on Memento Mori, I think the series would have been a lot more solid.

Robotguy

I enjoyed Death Parade a great deal, but yeah, if they took the mainline story out completely to give the individual cases more time and just finished on Memento Mori, I think the series would have been a lot more solid.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

She really is the Joker, sowing chaos just to get her rocks off. Kind of makes me wonder if she has any life outside the taunting of school kids.

Sensei is the best. Haruno is a disease infiltrating her sisters inner circle.

Actually I take that back. Komachi is the best. Then Yui. But Haruno is getting more and more likeable.

Haruno has good intentions. It just so happens she can help these kids while fucking around with them as well. Otherwise they would just continue being awkward and never move forward.

She is us.

[Aria the Origination] - 13 END

That was great, getting closure wasn't that bad...
Well, ok,
Alicia retiring to work for the association and to marry( She married? Who? What?) was a good enough reason, at least she had a reason, like the rest of the cast, they just got going foward with their lifes and it's nice we'll get to see more with avvenire.
I really liked when Akari
didn't understand something in a document and called Alicia, and she wasnt there and when she arrived she found Akari crying, and they talk about how they didn't want to leave the other...but the good old days can't continue forever, you need to search for a new good things, and Akari does it when she opens up the shop shutter and let her memories inside the company.
The character development for cast was well handled, and these last episodes were heartwarming and tearjerking, it was truly a wonderful journey. ;____;
And like I said at the beginning, that I felt I was wasting a feel good series...it really might be true now, since some shit things are happening in my life now, I'll need something similar soon...

NeonZ

Lupin III (Red Jacket) - Episode 91

Even in an episode where Lupin and Jigen are suddenly shooting and killing grunts like videogame heroes, without showing any regard for their lives, Goemon still isn't allowed to directly cut anyone. I'll never get this. It also results in a really odd montage, going from scenes showing Lupin and Jigen shooting people with their revolvers, who fall down seemingly dead, to Goemon comically disarming other grunts and slicing their clothes, without actually touching them.

It gets even odder when one considers that one of Goemon's rare direct kills with an actual sword attack
was a child with psychic powers
, but yet he isn't allowed to touch any bandits directly most of the time with his blade.

Cornbread78

Actually I take that back. Komachi is the best. Then Yui. But Haruno is getting more and more likeable.

Haruno has good intentions. It just so happens she can help these kids while fucking around with them as well. Otherwise they would just continue being awkward and never move forward.
She is us.

Lol, Komachi is the best wingman for sure. But the problem is that she is mercilessly screwing with them, which is making it worse. If she was just trying to get her sister to move forward that would be 1thing, but she called them all out last week and now there will be hell to pay this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom