• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Had no idea this was a thing. Why can't we have good things?

We did get a good thing, it was called Mad Max: Fury Road. :p

The animated movie was basically a Plan B after the live-action movie fell apart in the mid-00's. I'm much more happy that Miller was able to secure a fuck-ton of money to make the movie exactly the way he wanted to.

Lol, Komachi is the best wingman for sure. But the problem is that she is mercilessly screwing with them, which is making it worse. If she was just trying to get her sister to move forward that would be 1thing, but she called them all out last week and now there will be hell to pay this week...

Thats what they need. They need to be woken up from this weird status quo they have. They're turning into Hayamas group and they look like hypocrites after all that talk about "genuine relationships". And she only delivered some #realtalk. Everyone knew it and thought it but no one wanted to acknowledge it.

Cornbread78

Thats what they need. They need to be woken up from this weird status quo they have. They're turning into Hayamas group and they look like hypocrites after all that talk about "genuine relationships". And she only delivered some #realtalk. Everyone knew it and thought it but no one wanted to acknowledge it.

The real question is what is she trying to get out of it? Is she trying to force Yuki to confess to Hiki to move their relationship foreard, or is she just truly butting her head in for no reason at all other that to entertain herself andake things miserable for Yuki.

We need the Yuki story to find out what is really going on there...

The real question is what is she trying to get out of it? Is she trying to force Yuki to confess to Hiki to move their relationship foreard, or is she just truly butting her head in for no reason at all other that to entertain herself andake things miserable for Yuki.

We need the Yuki story to find out what is really going on there...

Yeah more backstory on the Yukinoshita family would be helpful and I'm sure we will learn more about her coming up. I've read some analysis and stuff about Yukino and Haruno but not sure if you want LN spoilers even though the anime has already passed it.

Narag

Victory Gundam 19

hgzNmeUl.png

• Uso's anxiety fuels me.
  • Shakti can't catch a break
  • Uso managed some sort of shounen power up that made no sense in this ep and it was AWESOME.

Narag

Victory Gundam 20

Twenty eps in and still really enjoying this. I'm sure it'll get stranger as it goes on (blessed Tomino) but so far this feels like most any other Gundam show albeit one with the lone criticism of lacking charismatic leads. There's a large, surprisingly varied cast in the show but Uso's more or less one of the gang despite his early success against BESPA. There's just no powerful charismatic characters like Char, Amuro, Bright, Ramba Ral, Scirocco, etc to truly drive events and, as bad as it is to say it, to overshadow the flaws endemic in the franchise with their presence.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, thanks for the heads up everyone, I would have been pretty bummed about a ban for such a stupid mistake.

Hmm, you just liked those mountains huh? She was a little yandere and dumb at the same time, lol

Absolutely, don't forget to start SNAFU though, it is definitely worth it!

i shall not forget Snafu. Will be watching it in 8 hours.
if I can stay awake.

I can't remember if it was TLR that got chickdigger permbanned here or if it was another gif.

Prisma Illya makeout gif.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Okay Arcadius, based on what you've seen and scored so far, here's what I'd recommend checking out first:

Sakura Trick
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
Re: Cuite Honey
Rinne no Lagrange
Maria Holic
Mouretsu Pirates

I would recommend checking out at least 2 of the those titles before you check out the following as these are the ones that can really hit you in the feels

Aoi Hana
Simoun
Onii-sama e...
Maria-sama ga Miteru (all four seasons)
Shoujo Kakumei Utena & Adolescence (highly recommend watching the tv series before the movie Adolescence)

Cornbread78

Happiness! ep 1-3
Well, um, well. There's not much to say about thus one so far. The purple haired male cross dresser is pretty cool, Aimii is a mess of a mage, the MC is pretty cool, and aloud heroine doesn't use her magic at all. I'm sure we'll find out that the non magic using MC is, in fact, the boy that used his magic to help her years ago. At least there is some humor built into it to carry the show.

We did get a good thing, it was called Mad Max: Fury Road. :p

The animated movie was basically a Plan B after the live-action movie fell apart in the mid-00's. I'm much more happy that Miller was able to secure a fuck-ton of money to make the movie exactly the way he wanted to.

Me too. Only movie to convince me to visit a cinema this year. That is, until Star Wars releases.

So at the end of the last episode of Danmachi, was that giant skeleton coming to kill Hestia for using her powers or what? Or was that just a random giant skeleton?

Just watched it. It disappears so I think it was the titan being killed and falling down. Like something happened with the team that was leaving first.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Aria the Origination] - 13 END

That was great, getting closure wasn't that bad...
Well, ok,
Alicia retiring to work for the association and to marry( She married? Who? What?) was a good enough reason, at least she had a reason, like the rest of the cast, they just got going foward with their lifes and it's nice we'll get to see more with avvenire.
I really liked when Akari
didn't understand something in a document and called Alicia, and she wasnt there and when she arrived she found Akari crying, and they talk about how they didn't want to leave the other...but the good old days can't continue forever, you need to search for a new good things, and Akari does it when she opens up the shop shutter and let her memories inside the company.
The character development for cast was well handled, and these last episodes were heartwarming and tearjerking, it was truly a wonderful journey. ;____;
And like I said at the beginning, that I felt I was wasting a feel good series...it really might be true now, since some shit things are happening in my life now, I'll need something similar soon...

The Alicia thing was probably the one big surprise that came out of nowhere.
I suppose "yuri" fans would also be mad that it happened. lol

But yeah, it all really comes together at the end. Where all the characters come up, and of course, the next generation being introduced right at the end.

There are some post-anime audio dramas though, this was one that got translated:
http://snowbouquet.tumblr.com/post/31393355668/aria-of-continuation

He synced it to the cd here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bEOacWEtyw

Funny enough, I even wrote about it here a couple of years ago. lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46037196&postcount=4170

Quasar

I hope not. Really depends on how many more books will be made but it seems like this is the final arc. I'd much rather wait for season 3.

Maybe then we wont get super rushed episodes. The last 2-3 have been dizzying.

As it is I've been bummed over stuff skipped. I never really was aware the books were ending soon. There's a whole nother year at least.

wonzo

Banned

Zephyx

SNAFU S2 12

Yui's a goner in the next episode. I think she'll either sacrifice herself to keep the friendship together or go all out in confessing since that's what her genuine feelings are. :( She loses either way but at this point, what can you do when the atmosphere is stagnating?

Thoraxes

That say Narasaki? Awesome.
was the new to love ru promo posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98L7ROWFRE

I didn't because the Yami and Momo ones were just clips from Darkness S1.
Nya... too many scenes later on that imply sex gestures like toothbrushes, tails, nipple sucking and more. To Love-Ru is the god series of being hentai without being hentai.

Mikan best girl. After that comes Momo.

The "vag-eye-na" in the manga is still probably a crowning achievement in my books.

Yabuki da gawd. Love his stuff so much.

Mendrox

That say Narasaki? Awesome.

I didn't because the Yami and Momo ones were just clips from Darkness S1.

The "vag-eye-na" in the manga is still probably a crowning achievement in my books.

Yabuki da gawd. Love his stuff so much.

Best thing ever. I also love that Mikan got wipped with Ritos dick. The tankonbon version of that chapter even had a splash effect and more lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also why this particular show? Ive seen it and Im not sure whats so special that people go nuts over it. I mean I love Nico and Maki but what is it?

As a leading idol anime connoisseur I can tell you it's due to a very simple reason.

They were much better with merchandising than the other shows. Even AKB0048, which has the benefit of being based of one of the biggest idol groups that have their own stores with oodles of tat (trust me, I've seen them), has bugger all in terms of merch.

You gotta get people to invest into the idols to keep them on a leash.

Also games. Love Live and obviously iDOLM@STER have these. It gets people more involved as they now feel they are part of the story (producer, fellow student etc). Where's the WUG Zoo visual novel we were promised?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe good news here
Kadakawa finally admit Kancolle anime sales is indeed behind expectation and will try make it better next time.
(There are many fans don't want their shipfu show up in anime due to super lame plot lol)

https://twitter.com/michsuzu/status/613157974501015554
https://twitter.com/michsuzu/status/613158344983838720

Well let's see will they change anything in s2.
I still don't know what people want from a show with such a stupid premise to begin with. lol
I'm just waiting for them to give up and just introduce American ships into the game. If that happens through an anime, so be it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just something like K-ON is enough for them.
I'm not sure what that would even mean, given that at least K-On had a definite idea of what it was.

I mean, Kancolle copied Strike Witches with the whole moe-yuri-girl-slice of life crap with the action junk, and did it as well as they could given what they had. I'm assuming that there's absolutely no fiction involved, since the game itself is just replicating WW2 battles, so I don't know what people expect. Yeah, everything is below average in terms of its constituent parts, so I could see complaints in that direction, but you're not supposed to expect a Kancolle anime to be the next True Dick either. It's the very definition of something that is purely "functional" in the anime merchandising business. lol

Competent action scenes would be a good first step. You can get away with a lot of nonsense if you just deliver good action just look at the Super Robot or mecha genre.

There are many fan works which have all better action parts than the anime's pew-pews stuff. For some reason the anime didn't even reach the quality of the announcement trailer which had at least implications of a action chorography.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
First trick to improving KanColle is scrapping the admiral or give him a face. Don't make him a silent creep. I'd rather hang out with a 1970s BBC television presenter than go near him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Competent action scenes would be a good first step. You can get away with a lot of nonsense if you just deliver good action just look at the Super Robot or mecha genre.

There are many fan works which have all better action parts than the anime's pew-pews stuff. For some reason the anime didn't even reach the quality of the announcement trailer which had at least implications of a action chorography.
I chalk that up to naval combat being boring to depict. The most interesting part of the action scenes they did were when the carriers launched their fighters anyway. The rest of the time it's literally just the girls pointing guns and torpedoes at each other and then shooting... because that's really all they can do.

First trick to improving KanColle is scrapping the admiral or give him a face. Don't make him a silent creep. I'd rather hang out with a 1970s BBC television presenter than go near him.
What if they go the Imas Cinderella route and make him a creep who talks. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What if they go the Imas Cinderella route and make him a creep who talks. lol

He's secretly the main character of Cinderella Girls. iM@S was about the girls progress as idols. Cindy Gals is about his progress as a producer.

But yeah, anything that gives him a presence is better than what they've got.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He's secretly the main character of Cinderella Girls. iM@S was about the girls progress as idols. Cindy Gals is about his progress as a producer.

But yeah, anything that gives him a presence is better than what they've got.
It's hard, because he's would have to both be the focus of the show (as the audience's avatar for their own desires), but would have to maintain a near non-presence so as not to upset any fan who would not agree with whatever decision this character might make.

Heck, I wonder how many people are salty that the character wanted to marry Fubuki. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just find it disgusting. Human boat relationships have no place on today's television.
But boat girls are still girls!

(The one mechanic I wish they tried to explain in the anime is why duplicate girls show up and how they're used as upgrade fodder. lol)

Not that what they did in KanColle was showing realistic naval warfarre, it was just boring. Girls und Panzer did also many not realistic things and the series wasn't about cute girls are tanks but the real deal.

Everything is okay If it makes the action scenes better. There is no reason why Kongou shouldn't go full close combat and kicks some Abyss asses.

I'm not sure what that would even mean, given that at least K-On had a definite idea of what it was.
Cute ship doing cute things, yes even that may means 0 battle scene.

It's hard, because he's would have to both be the focus of the show (as the audience's avatar for their own desires), but would have to maintain a near non-presence so as not to upset any fan who would not agree with whatever decision this character might make.

Heck, I wonder how many people are salty that the character wanted to marry Fubuki. lol

Easy, make admiral a girl

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not that what they did in KanColle was showing realistic naval warfarre, it was just boring. Girls und Panzer did also many not realistic things and the series wasn't about cute girls are tanks but the real deal.

Everything is okay If it makes the action scenes better. There is no reason why Kongou shouldn't go full close combat and kicks some Abyss asses.
I dunno, the whole point of ships is that they never engage each other at close range. The only drama that comes from it is the idea of trying to get a broadside (or on a fleet scale, crossing the T), but that goes out the window when it's just girls with giant cannons on their back who can just turn around if they are flanked.

They did try the weird ship-fu stuff with Ooi and Nagato in the last episode, and it just looked silly. Maybe it was how they did it.

Didn't this happen in the final battle though but with some other ship. There also was Kongou punching away that projectile.
I though KanColle battles were pretty fun. If only they didn't have horrible CGI.

I'm general a fan of the idea of having several commanders which command a specific fleet and not the admiral have an entire base as harem.

But who am I?

Arcadius

Banned
Okay Arcadius, based on what you've seen and scored so far, here's what I'd recommend checking out first:

I would recommend checking out at least 2 of the those titles before you check out the following as these are the ones that can really hit you in the feels

Wohoooo! Thank you so much SDBurton!! *bows*

Sorry about my scoring though, I give 10/10's to everything I really liked and loved, the others that don't hit 10 mean I enjoyed it, but not as much as I could have.

This looks incredibly cute, love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom