• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanMachi END

This final fight was a bit of a mess. Regeneration is a stupid mechanic first of all. Why not have the boss go in a second phase?
The final moments were also wierd. Why did Bell suddenly have a sword? It wasn't the one that Welf lost in the last episode because Welf used it to shoot fire. All the other characters were also just flailing around I guess. That blue haired girl could suddenly fly and for some reason all the Takemikuzuchi guys had a lot of screentime.

Anyway. What was that thing Lili noticed in the middle of the episode? It was some piece of cloth with a sign, I don't even know anymore.

Bell's final strike was weak. He didn't even cleave him. That FIREBOLTO was brutal though.

Hermes also baited out a second season, we will probably hear something about that sooner rather than later.

In conclusion. I still don't know if it's wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon. Throwing people around seems fine.

CQiTk5a.png

The only worthwhile scene today

Puruzi

Banned
DanMachi END

This final fight was a bit of a mess. Regeneration is a stupid mechanic first of all. Why not have the boss go in a second phase?
The final moments were also wierd. Why did Bell suddenly have a sword? It wasn't the one that Welf lost in the last episode because Welf used it to shoot fire. All the other characters were also just flailing around I guess. That blue haired girl could suddenly fly and for some reason all the Takemikuzuchi guys had a lot of screentime.

Anyway. What was that thing Lili noticed in the middle of the episode. Some piece of cloth with a sign, I don't even know anymore.

Hermes also baited out a second season, we will probably hear something about that sooner rather than later.

In conclusion. I still don't know if it's wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon. Throwing people around seems fine.
The thing lili noticed was Welf's magic sword I think

phaze

DanMachi END

Anyway. What was that thing Lili noticed in the middle of the episode. Some piece of cloth with a sign, I don't even know anymore.

Disgusting lack of resolution to the main and titular thematic narrative.

cajunator

Banned
DanMachi END

Anyway. What was that thing Lili noticed in the middle of the episode? It was some piece of cloth with a sign, I don't even know anymore.

Bell's final strike was weak. He didn't even cleave him. That FIREBOLTO was brutal though.

Lili is so cute. goddamn.

That last half with the music blaring and the bells tolling was really fun.

Think I'm going to have a look at that OST now that the season is done.

Final Girl Ranking

Best Girl

Bell

Elf Goddess

Ryuu

Actual Goddesses

Freya
Hephaestus

Hiding her goddess levels

Syr

Chocolate is the best ice cream flavor

The Amazon sisters

The MC actually has good taste for once

Aiz

Great sister figure

Eina

The only thing going for her is her ribbon

Hestia

Looks better with a tail in the manga

Lili

Looks better when drawn with tan skin

Mikoto

Too flat!

Loki

Soma 13

Seems like Soma is going to be in trouble. Everyone is doing okay but him by the end of the episode. Is cockiness getting the better of him? I'd say his inexperience with luxurious meals is what is setting him back.

My guess would be that some of the adventurers from the town found it.

6E9m1EEh.jpg

There's also a sword here. Maybe it was just the random sword she gave to Bell.

Edit: I don't see the jack-in-the box marking on it though. it also looked pretty thick when Lili noticed it.

I also just realized that Welf broke his super magical item for just one attack which had no effect on the boss.

Best girl was obviously Hephaestus. Bell
's grandfather who is also Zeus for some reason. Why did nobody mention this?

Cornbread78

Mashiroiro Symphony ep 1-6
So far, it's a pretty standard harem anime with the ladies all falling for the same MC. However, this one is a little different in that the MC is a tolerable guy for some reason. Also, for the first time, I think I like the tsundere chick the best. The story has been gradually building, but hasn't been amazing and/or filled with drama. There is an interesting background tone to this one as well, so let's see what happens next. ...

Puruzi

Banned
Hestia>Big titty brown girl>Eina>Flat brown girl>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryuu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aiz
>every other girl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lili

Hastati

That last half with the music baring and the bells tolling was really fun.

Think I'm going to have a look at that OST now that the season is done.

Final Girl Ranking

I'm not sure I really understand this post but I agree. Bell is best girl
HESTIA

Hestia>Big titty brown girl>Eina>Flat brown girl>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryuu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aiz
>every other girl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lili

We should start a twitter campaign!! Although I'm sure there's one running somewhere in Japan...

How popular has this series been over there, anyway? I know there was the doujin craze but I don't know how well that can actually be used as a metric.

cajunator

Banned
Lili>Big titty brown girl>Eina>Flat brown girl>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryuu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aiz
>every other girl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hestia

oops you put that backwards! But I fixed it no worries!

Soma - 13

There isn't terribly much plot progression, however they spend a lot of time on the dishes and everyone reactions thereof, which I enjoy quite a lot. It's not like the overarching plot is what I'm all that interested in anyways.

Soma - 13

There isn't terribly much plot progression, however they spend a lot of time on the dishes and everyone reactions thereof, which I enjoy quite a lot. It's not like the overarching plot is what I'm all that interested in anyways.

I can understand them taking this slow since the next arc is very long, they probably have a specific place they want to stop for a s2 hook

Shokugeki no Soma - 13

I like the attention to small visual details, little things like adding a skull to Megumi's hairpin during the "intimidating return" for example. That whole scene, especially Soma, got a good laugh out of me. Silly stuff like this is one of my favorite things about the show.
It was fun to see the big shot students meddle and their interactions. That new girl looks like a she'll be a good addition, I like her already.

cajunator

Banned
I don't like it when characters do fucked up shit and get no comeuppance. Lili was a huge prick. But then she gets rescued because hur dur pure protag.

You dont like character growth?
Lots of characters do fucked up shit and then become better.
Lili grew up with very difficult circumstances and just did what she could to survive.
If you dont like her character, thats fine, but she is definitely the best :)

Lili is best

See even Theonik knows!

Hastati

I dunno, while I'm a big fan of Hestia...Lili is really charming too? I feel like her inclusion added a lot to Bell's growing party.

c7NJRa2h.jpg

Puruzi

Banned
You dont like character growth?
Lots of characters do fucked up shit and then become better.
Lili grew up with very difficult circumstances and just did what she could to survive.
If you dont like her character, thats fine, but she is definitely the best :)

See even Theonik knows!

Bell was helping her survive plenty but she still kept stealing from him and then left him to die.

She didn't grow at all, she just ended up trying to ride his dick.

She's trash.

I'm aware that that was Hestia's whole character, but at least she knew what she wanted from the beginning, and wasn't a huge asshole.

I dunno, while I'm a big fan of Hestia...Lili is really charming too? I feel like her inclusion added a lot to Bell's growing party.

Yeah. Bell's party dynamic was one of the better things in the later episodes. Lili fits in nicely. Unlike Hestia who feels out of place. She had no real reason to be in the dungeon, Hestia was only there for harem related things. Her competing for Bell was pretty enjoyable though.

Cornbread78

From the last page, but this is for Cajun..that cute smile bud..

tumblr_nqkepsIbXV1rmzw91o1_500.png

The party dynamic by the end was great IMO. Lili earned her place and Hestia kept on being the best big boob "loli" goddess she could.

Hastati

Edit: The picture above sums it up pretty nicely!

Yeah. Bell's party dynamic was one of the better things in the later episodes. Lili fits in nicely. Unlike Hestia who feels out of place. She had no real reason to be in the dungeon, Hestia was only there for harem related things. Her competing for Bell was pretty enjoyable though.

I agree that Hestia doesn't really feel like she's part of his party. Which she isn't. There was a clearer separation of her as mother/Goddess figure in the later episodes, and Bell's group became more tightly knit.

I can understand being upset about Lili's earlier betrayal, but I think she more than makes up for it in the story after that point. And Bell is just a forgiving person, which is what makes him endearing and encourages you to root for him.

I do hope we get more character development for Bell, as he's still sort of a blank slate shonen archetype, but his current personality's softness does allow for a lot of fun interactions between the greater network of characters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mashiroiro Symphony ep 1-6

So far, it's a pretty standard harem anime with the ladies all falling for the same MC. However, this one is a little different in that the MC is a tolerable guy for some reason. Also, for the first time, I think I like the tsundere chick the best. The story has been gradually building, but hasn't been amazing and/or filled with drama. There is an interesting background tone to this one as well, so let's see what happens next. ...

learning

Cornbread78

Edit: The picture above sums it up pretty nicely!

I agree that Hestia doesn't really feel like she's part of his party. Which she isn't. There was a clearer separation of her as mother/Goddess figure in the later episodes, and Bell's group became more tightly knit.

I can understand being upset about Lili's earlier betrayal, but I think she more than makes up for it in the story after that point. And Bell is just a forgiving person, which is what makes him endearing and encourages you to root for him.

I do hope we get more character development for Bell, as he's still sort of a blank slate shonen archetype, but his current personality's softness does allow for a lot of fun interactions between the greater network of characters.

As we thought, I think this was just the start of the story. If they do it right, this was all just a prelude to the rest of the story since no goal has been accomplished yet. They can go a long way with the world, lore and characters involved.

Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma ep 13

The Anime of the Season delivers yet again.

Honestly, this was pretty much a flawless episode,
(especially that intro, it was great)
and I love how they always manage to get you so excited for the next one.

In other news, does anyone also not feel prepared for the end of Plastic Memories tomorrow?
I´m prepared to get my feelings shattered.

Free! Eternal Summer EngDub Episode 1

Nagisa Hazuki sounds the best in the dub, while everyone else I grew to like. Favorite dub moment was their lines at the club showcase when they run on stage and say those silly lines, as well as also Rin saying he will light a fire in Haru, sounded so lovely in english.

Hastati

Best girl is here people.

tumblr_nqki9qcvU91qcsnnso1_500.gif

I'm going to have to watch this now...

Both Soma and Euphonium have been a showcase of fantastic visuals (technically or otherwise) this spring and I have yet to see either.

The only problem I have with Soma is that I'm on a diet~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom