• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Plastic Memories catchup time! Gotta get ready for the finale...

Plastic Memories 06

Oh my God, Isla's smile when Tsukasa said
he wants to be with her until the end...
that was heartbreaking :C
This is gonna get really heavy...

Phatmac

I'm going to have to watch this now...

Both Soma and Euphonium have been a showcase of fantastic visuals (technically or otherwise) this spring and I have yet to see either.

The only problem I have with Soma is that I'm on a diet~
Soma is surprisingly great! You should really see it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Nisekoi was only 12 episodes? Shaft is free again? Yay.

On that note, I take it that nothing of consequence happened this season. :p

Kieli

A-tier:

Gangsta - So hype. Worick and Nick too cool.

Prison School - watch as 5 Snake's infiltrate metal girl solid.

B-tier:

Monmus - dumb ecchi fun.

C-tier:

Dragonball Chou - powerlevel over 9000.

---------------------------------------------------------

Continuing Soma no Shokugeki, cuz too hype.

Soma 13

uTDc8LE.png

Good comedy

ILWAL4k.png

Better food

DMThBdv.png

Best girl

My favorite episode yet. It's nice to see all the characters from the previous episodes returning. The Polar Star gang is super weak but Meat, Erina and the Italian brothers really improve the enjoyment of this show.

Not really feeling the newest girl. It was fun that she immediately got blown up by Erina when she first appeared.

What are you talking about? There are MORE girls in the harem! Isn't that why people watch this crap?

I just want to know who the heck was the girl from his past and who he's going to end up with. I've gotten this far so I am gonna keep reading, but goddamn if this series isn't annoying as all hell.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories catchup time! Gotta get ready for the finale...

Plastic Memories 06

Oh my God, Isla's smile when Tsukasa said
he wants to be with her until the end...
that was heartbreaking :C
This is gonna get really heavy...

Sweetest moments are still to come. Isla really shines by the time you get caught up. Soo good..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shaft has some kind of show next season, I think.

and watch Euphonium
I wonder if it's going to be something expected or a weird show like the one that was based on music videos a couple of seasons ago.

I think it's too late for Euphonium for me. Just going to wait for the next Kyoani and hope it's not a high school story or another Amagi Park.

The manga is on its 170th or something chapter and nothing has happened soo...
I hope the anime bombs so that they can free themselves to finally finish the stupid Kizu movie already. :p
(I know that's not how it works, before someone makes some angry post lol)

Shu though!

I wish they didnt skip one of my favorite events in the manga :(
I genuinely hope that the guy ends up with Shu at the end of the series!

Cornbread78

I just want to know who the heck was the girl from his past and who he's going to end up with. I've gotten this far so I am gonna keep reading, but goddamn if this series isn't annoying as all hell.

Hopefully, they move onto a third season soon enough since there is already plenty if source material. They completely moved away from the locket in S2, which tells you there is plenty more to come.

---------''------------------''''------------
Question, is the team the wrote and crrated the Key animation trilogy of Air/Clannad/Kanon still together? Are they ever going to create something like those again? Dispite the wye gap, I really appreciated their art and storytelling.

Cornbread78

Wait, all that key bullshit is finished? lol

Is was basically non-existent in S2. It was mostly hijinks and some really good character development for Chitoge (mother arc) and last week's episode dedicated to Onodera's backstory with Raku. (Best girl's story with Raku was great!) Oh and Haru added to the harem..

Mandelbo

Plastic Memories 07

They better not have a copout ending for this where Isla
gets saved by magic or is somehow rescued.
Don't take that as meaning I want her
to die,
but this sense of melancholy and dread that they're building up is fantastic and I'll feel betrayed if they throw it away at the end. Even with the slice-of-life segments, there's still the malignant knowledge in the back of your mind that Isla's going to
be dead in a month,
which to me just makes it all the more effective - the good times will end soon and the characters are powerless to stop it.

This is why I'm thinking that the comparisons to Humans a few days ago aren't that watertight - they share similar premises but aren't conveying similar messages at all. While Humans, from what I've seen so far, is about how society would function with androids and the problems that would come with that, Plastic Memories uses the androids as a vehicle to tell a story about loss and how the characters cope with it. Watching it, I can't help but view Isla as anything but a child with some sort of terminal illness, with Tsukasa as a sort of parental figure who can only watch and comfort as she deteriorates. It's just heartrending!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
dude you watched all of Saekano
At least I hated Saekano. lol
Euphonium seems fine in a season full of fine shows - I'm already watching like five shows that are like that.

No, they just didn't adapt most of the chapters about it this season
Is was basically non-existent in S2. It was mostly hijinks and some really good character development for Chitoge (mother arc) and last week's episode dedicated to Onodera's backstory with Raku. (Best girl's story with Raku was great!) Oh and Haru added to the harem..
Oh so they're just putting it off and delaying the inevitable. It's like ripping off a bandaid in the slowest, most painful way possible.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 07

They better not have a copout ending for this where Isla
gets saved by magic or is somehow rescued.
Don't take that as meaning I want her
to die,
but this sense of melancholy and dread that they're building up is fantastic and I'll feel betrayed if they throw it away at the end. Even with the slice-of-life segments, It's just heartrending!

That feeling only gets worse as their relationship developes.. *sniff*

However, in the end the inevitable will happen, it has to at this point, but that does mean that they won't add a
feel good ending using her prior documented memories

Oh so they're just putting it off and delaying the inevitable. It's like ripping off a bandaid in the slowest, most painful way possible.

Lol, I have no idea how they end things (I think someone said the manga is still ongoing) but they have done much a lot more side stuff as I mentioned, so who knows when that comes back, lol.

Thoraxes

I wonder if it's going to be something expected or a weird show like the one that was based on music videos a couple of seasons ago.

I think it's too late for Euphonium for me. Just going to wait for the next Kyoani and hope it's not a high school story or another Amagi Park.

It's never too late!

Danmachi 13

Its really fucking boring when you know he is just going to pull that ability out of his ass to win the fight. I'm not expecting log horizon teamwork and strategy to take down the boss (which reminds me of a banned meme). Also pisses me off how he got to use it TWICE in one battle, I mean really any time in the future i'm going to be expecting him to pull this move and i'm going to be disappointed every time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Danmachi 13

Its really fucking boring when you know he is just going to pull that ability out of his ass to win the fight. I'm not expecting log horizon teamwork and strategy to take down the boss (which reminds me of a banned meme). Also pisses me off how he got to use it TWICE in one battle, I mean really any time in the future i'm going to be expecting him to pull this move and i'm going to be disappointed every time.
The title "Is it Okay to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" alone should have clued you in that its a series about waifu collection, not combat. The combat exists to justify the fact he has a gigantic fuck-off harem.

The title "Is it Okay to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" alone should have clued you in that its a series about waifu collection, not combat. The combat exists to justify the fact he has a gigantic fuck-off harem.

mmm fair enough, I guess I fell into the trap of wishing it was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom