• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The OVA was next level. It was literally right in between hentai and anime. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in anime.

So, like ToLoveRu tier?

God, after finishing Plastic Memories I really want to binge on more shows like it. Are there any other shows that have the same kind of poignant, sorrowful, melancholy tone that Plastic Memories does? Something fairly subdued and not overly complex. (Angel Beats, Clannad, Kanon and other Key things don't count :p)

Have you seen Celestial Method?
Saikano is pretty full of despair. Be careful with that one. It will put you in a shit mood for days.

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

Ecchi ecchi fun.

I Couldn't Become a Hero is a pretty fun show about a guy who, as the title says, who couldn't become a hero. He works in a magic item store, reluctantly of course, when a new girl appears with a resume in hand and wants to work at the same store. The new girl, named Fino, has a really interesting background, so interesting that it can change the course of the world!

The story, for the most part is a very fun slice of life about working in a retail store when competition emerges, forcing everyone to work harder to make the store more known and popular. It's not until the last 3-4 episodes where a plot appears from quite literally no where and changes the direction of the anime.

The girls, Fino, Elsa, Airi, Nova, Saera, Lore and Lamdimia are all really insanely cute and pretty. The art style, like many harems and anime that want to accentuate cuteness, use red blemish marks on the skin, typically around the thighs, breasts, cheeks, elbows shoulders, things of that nature; it works really well and it make all the girls so much cuter! ! !

Fino, the main girl of the anime, is a totally adorable demon with a bright passion for wanting to succeed and to become something with her life; she's also has an incredibly infectious cheerful and peppy personality, making her a lot of fun to watch and care for. Raul, our main guy for I Could Become a Hero, is like most MC's in a harem based situation; he gets flustered when breasts are near him, he loses composure when a girl clings to him, but aside from that, he can be a cool guy, he'd obviously be a lot better if he made some magic happen.

There are some minor characters that become a little important during the last 2-3 episodes of the anime, but I don't think I really enjoyed seeing the drastic and entirely different direction the anime went into. I guess in many ways, it makes sense and works, but I'd rather not have seen Fino get manipulated and toyed with.

The music in I Couldn't Become a Hero, is surprisingly good. The OP and ED are quite amazing and will probably find the artist who did the songs, but the background music was good and so were the ambient based sounds, I didn't really expect that at all.

Like I mentioned before, the art style is one that accentuates cuteness and is animated in such a way to make sure you notice the bouncing boobies and beautiful girls, a lot of good.

I Couldn't Become a Hero is really a show for people looking for a lot of ecchi. We have pantsu shots, both the front and the back, we have beautiful bouncing breasts, we have nipples and amazing ass shots. The first couple episodes start off really strong on the fan service aspect too, even having a couple tentacle(hands) scenes that when explode, turn into a white mess....

Fino is a major cutie. I watched this show initially after the hype from Maou-sama, and I was pretty pleasantly surprised by it. The ecchiness never went too far overboard and the idea of a fantasy department store was cheeky and fun. Even when it got weird towards the end I think the show held together and finished on a high note. Id love more of that world.

Man, I just haven't been able to make any time to watch anime in the last two weeks. I'm behind on everything.

Aside from Baby Steps which I just got caught up on. That show always gets me so pumped after watching it.

Hopefully I can get caught up on Euphonium some time this week.

I keep getting distracted with current events or youtube, or helping Dad fix things around his house. Maybe if I had a more comfortable environment to sit down and watch stuff but my room is just not conducive to that. Its also hard to watch stuff from my computer chair and my TV is enormous but theres no comfortable way to view it except my futon which Im prone to just fall asleep.
Interestingly, I seem to watch the most anime at a time when I visit my friends house.

PK Gaming

I will say that it's handled somewhat tastefully, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It's not handled like your standard harem or anything.

I guess I got worked up nothing, heh. I mean I doubt it would be so popular here if it was standard harem schlop.

Character development, bro. For both Hachiman and Yukino which makes them having romantic feeling for each other more realistic than in the first season.

Nice, that's what I want to hear.

cajunator

Banned
I cannot take Fate series seriously. Holy grail war is like "Which of this fan-fiction heroes will win!" to me.

True it does seem like some crazy fanfic but sometimes its done remarkably well. Fate Zero really explored each characters motivations in a straightforward way since most were adults. The other series feel like high school drama in comparison and it doesnt really work. If I want to watch that Ill watch My Hime or something.

I dunno why, but I always get taken aback when you talk about lewd things like this - my mental image of you as Nazuna doesn't line up with your words!

It is a bit of a disconnect I will admit hehee. Arcadius is open to a lot of shows though.

Can we stop talking about Fate stuff?

Let's talk about cool things instead. Like G Gundam. Or TTGL. Or Shin Mazinger Z. Or Gundam Build Fighters S1.

Please?

Lets talk about Aila stealing meat buns!

You know, the more I think about it, my suspension of disbelief at Plastic Memories' plot is being held together with duct tape.

The entire concept of full aware androids that die at some precisely calculated second is like.....I don't know guys, maybe you should upgrade your robots to a 64-bit OS or something. Like 30 years prior even.

8IOzHiO.jpg

Samurai Flamenco FINAL:
tumblr_lthg6vjPS21ql141xo1_400.gif

Wait, did the ship just become canon?

I think there was an interview with the director and scriptwriter where they confirm
that neither are gay, Masayoshi is just an idiot who doesn't know what love is and Gotou is still heartbroken over his girlfriend

Arcadius

Banned
It is a bit of a disconnect I will admit hehee. Arcadius is open to a lot of shows though.

Probably best if you don't find my twitter and things of that nature, my Nazuna avi will be tainted by my personality =(. I am open to a lot, because I intrinsically enjoy a lot too, so don't stop watching and reviewing and recommended anime, a lot more to go!

cajunator

Banned
Eureka Seven is a fantastic show.

I'm trying to keep the boat floating after Cross Ange blew a big hole in it!

I had to stop watching Cross Ange for a while because my brain was starting to go numb.

what is up with the NeoGAF banner? Did Evilore get caught up in the Eupho yuri maddness?

aww youre adorable! *squeezes
But yeah, gay marriage legal. It was a matter of time. Im happy for all of them!

Probably best if you don't find my twitter and things of that nature, my Nazuna avi will be tainted by my personality =(. I am open to a lot, because I intrinsically enjoy a lot too, so don't stop watching and reviewing and recommended anime, a lot more to go!

No worries I have a lot to recommend and you seem to enjoy it all!
Im trying to think of some shows I liked that we dont talk about much in here.

Arcadius

Banned
No worries I have a lot to recommend and you seem to enjoy it all!
Im trying to think of some shows I liked that we dont talk about much in here.

I have enjoyed it all, I think that's pretty amazing too. Curious as to what you don't talk about much here.... =)

Your twitter isnt bad. You tweet a bunch of cuties.

Hehehe, I've restrained myself for sure when it comes to what I post, but I do love the cuties!

she straight up titfucks him in the OVA

Should really get on this.

cajunator

Banned
I have enjoyed it all, I think that's pretty amazing too. Curious as to what you don't talk about much here.... =)

Hehehe, I've restrained myself for sure when it comes to what I post, but I do love the cuties!

Should really get on this.

There are lots of shows I found pretty cute or enjoyable to some degree that dont get much or any discussion around here. Mainly because people probably dont know about or remember them.

Arcadius

Banned
There are lots of shows I found pretty cute or enjoyable to some degree that dont get much or any discussion around here. Mainly because people probably dont know about or remember them.

Ah, like that one company we discussed last time? They did a ton of mega cute shows.

Razmos

I think there was an interview with the director and scriptwriter where they confirm
that neither are gay, Masayoshi is just an idiot who doesn't know what love is and Gotou is still heartbroken over his girlfriend
Yeah I read about that afterward, but then they also said that neither character had had ANY character development over the course of the series and that they ended exactly the same as they began which is completely untrue.

Also it's complete utter bullshit for them to go completely 180 from the obvious gay tones of the series and just say "it never happened!"

I'm gonna accept it as canon regardless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"I honestly think Woman Called Fujiko Mine is the best Lupin thing..." - Zac on ANNcast, 2015
Dam, this bottomless pit just never ends.

cajunator

Banned
although it has a few things I find personally objectionable (waterworks) I think Arcadius might enjoy Juden-chan. It is certainly adorable and more than a little ecchi.

Arcadius

Banned
Broccoli is one :)
I think you would enjoy Elemental Gelade too.

Yeah Broccoli! I need to go get their stuff.

although it has a few things I find personally objectionable (waterworks) I think Arcadius might enjoy Juden-chan. It is certainly adorable and more than a little ecchi.

The waterworks (I assume this means crying?) is objectionable? (Not sure what this means). I'll take a look into Juden-chan, more than ecchi is always good.

When does Arcadius watch Kodomo no Jikan?

I've seen it before.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah Broccoli! I need to go get their stuff.

The waterworks (I assume this means crying?) is objectionable? (Not sure what this means). I'll take a look into Juden-chan, more than ecchi is always good.

nope waterworks has an entirely different meaning.
Ok Ill just say it, the director has a
pee fetish

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Odyssey of the Celestial Arc

Ok first off Odyssey of the Celestial Arc is a badass name for a sci-fi movie and it also makes sense thematically which is also badass

I don't remember who said it but this seriously does feel like a two-parter Star Trek TNG episode. And not just because the villains are Klingons and there's elements of Q and the source of life in the universe plotline from The Chase, but I really do think if you swapped out Kodai's squad in this with Picard and others it would totally work. Since we already know the Yamato makes it back, this movie is less about the epic space battles and more about the more somber and slower sci-fi elements we saw in episodes like 9 and 14. That's not to say there aren't epic space battles because the last battle scenes are amazing, but the main crux of the movie is slower. This allows it to easily be set in between the semifinal and final episode, and it also sets up future sequels, which I hope to God happen.

Really it's amazing that this show happened and it was outstanding since this kind of sci-fi died off a while ago. Someone also said that this was like a better version of Star Trek the Motion Picture and I'm inclined to agree, it also reminded me of The Voyage Home. The movie looks great, which is no surprise since 2199 looked ridiculously good most of the time as well. The new characters work good but I have a feeling the Gamillan girl was introduced so they could make another $120 figure my friend will buy

Basically Yamato is awesome and this movie was awesome, watch it if you haven't because they don't make sci-fi like this anymore

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

lmao why is there a perverted Captain Picard

Cornbread78

Well you're hilarious, aren't you. Or is anime literally the only thing you read about?

From earlier:
I just wasn't paying attention to the news I guess. I focus more on sports when watching the news, plus I'm always working so I miss a lot. The friends and family I have that live alternative lifestyles are already married and/or divorced, so I'm glad more can experience gay marriage legally.
I'm happy NEOGAF as a whole celebrates and supports the diversity it does; it's what makes this a great community.

I heard about it, just didn't connect the two, my bad, was said jokingly, but definitely not making light of the decision.

The Kwai Complex ep. 1-3
maxresdefault.jpg

Just watched a few episodes (thank you wifey) and laughed way more than I should have at this one. It's obviously a romcom, but they really have been laying on the comedy pretty well so far. This could be fun if it keeps up.

I liked Kawaisou because I'm a sucker but remember a lot of people hating it because the drunk older woman never had a chance

Reminds me of Ore Monogatari, same people too, you know who you are

Mandelbo

Have you seen Celestial Method?
Saikano is pretty full of despair. Be careful with that one. It will put you in a shit mood for days.

No, I haven't seen Celestial Method. What's it about, if it's not too spoilery? I've made my mind up that I'm gonna watch some Saikano though - I can handle abject despair!

kewlmyc

So after years of putting it off, I'm going to watch the SAO series (both seasons). I tried originally and stopped around the time Asuna needed Kirito's protection from her own bodyguard who was weaker than her.

Dubbed or Subbed?

Cornbread78

So after years of putting it off, I'm going to watch the SAO series (both seasons). I tried originally and stopped around the time Asuna needed Kirito's protection from her own bodyguard who was weaker than her.

Dubbed or Subbed?

Yes! Just be gentle.. lol

I should watch it again now that I have some experience with anime. Maybe my opinion has changed. . Who knows, it doesn't hurt to watch it though. .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is this really an actual title of an anime? I can't even believe it.

You must be out of the anime loop. Stupid Light Novel names are the norm now.

Dubbed or Subbed?

Let's check the AnimeGAF FAQ:

Q: How should I watch Sword Art Online, dubbed or subbed?

A: SAO should not be watched.

Puruzi

Banned

Dubbed or Subbed?

Stop. Please. This will only lead to intense anger.

Angry Grimace

Fino just attempted to attract customers to the store by installing a poison swamp in the front.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

But hey, at least she figured out why it wasn't working:

Y2pnQfr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom