• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arslan 13

A lot of inconsistency in the art lately /: this time around you would see a lot of scenes with Arslan's hair untied, only for a different angle in the same moment showing it tied. The animation wasn't terrible, but the art seems strange too. I've been noticing this for the past 2-3 episodes.

Nonetheless the story being told is a fine one. And now we have more players coming into this "game of thrones".

Aren't the first 13 episodes good? Maybe I should've watched SAO before I said anything lol. It can't be that offensively bad right?... Right??

I went into SAO wanting to see "how bad is this show that everyone hates?" and found a show that I enjoyed. It's not as bad as people say with the exception of two scenes (one in episode 21 and one in episode 24). People will rage about episode 13 in SAO II despite the fact that no actual rape occurs and the direction/writing is showing "THIS GUY IS A FUCKING CREEP! YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE HIM!"

There is a major hate-on for this show that it doesn't deserve. I was more offended by the casual sexist approach in episode 1 of Space Dandy than anything in SAO. Is SAO the best written show I've seen? Of course not! Was it enjoyable despite its flaws? Yes.

Arcadius

Banned
Strike Witches

OH MY GOOOOOD....... This was amazing, absolutely fantastic, a whole ton of FUUUUN.

Ecchi, a good plot, an amazing twist, a brilliant cast of characters, beautiful girls (seriously pretty), ecchi!! Strike Witches is an absolute fantastic anime.

Strike Witches follows Miyafuji Yoshika, a girl who has incredible magical power capabilities and is thrown into a world she didn't expect to get involved in, because her wanting to protect people overcomes all her fears. The story in Strike Witches is really very good; for 80% of the anime, it's sort of slice of life based, revolving around magical girls who use Striker Units as a modern replacement for "brooms", hence the witches in Striker Witches. Yoshika is at the center of just about everything and in every episode, helps a girl discover something about herself or simply helps out a girl and friendships are built.

In Strike Witches, we have a large cast of what are essentially young girls. Yoshika, the lead, Sakamoto, a strong and brave girl who helps Yoshika train and become a Strike Witch, Lynette, a really pretty girl who ends up being Yoshika's best friend, and in my books, a one true pair. Perrine, a stubborn and massively jealous girl; jealous because Sakamoto is focused on training Yoshika. There are other girls too, Minna the leader of Strike Witches, Sanya, a total cutie with white hair and an extra cute voice with an awesome magic power. There is also Hartmann, Shirley, a girl with large breasts and a killer body; she's also a speed freak, Lucchini, the smallest of all the girls and loves to fondle breasts whenever she gets the chance and Eila, a really smart girl who is always seen with Sanya, because of an adorable crush.

All the girls are pretty amazing, they're all cute, and the ecchi is most definitely something to be warned about. Panty shots or hot pants or whatever.... it's most definitely in every episode and tends to be a focus too. Heck, sometimes the artists draw out a lot of detail in the pantsu shots that... well let's just say that it can be very exposing as to what is being shown. Most of the pantsu's on the girls aren't on properly either, falling half way down their waists and things of that nature, or being very small. Breasts are shown all the time when there are bathing scenes and things. It should be noted, none of the girls wear skirts or anything of the sort, it's all very much pantsu and hot pants. The point is, Strike Witches can be very ecchi at times, but don't let it put you off from the story. (Though if you like ecchi, just go ahead and watch Strike Witches, you won't be disappointed)

Speaking of which, once 8 episodes have passed and Yoshika has made a good impression on all the girls, the story really opens up. The Neuroi, the main enemy of the show
sees a huge twist that honestly, I should have seen coming a mile away,
but was caught up in other things. It's because of this that I feel like the build up, the more slice of life direction for most of the show works so well. There are so many girls and all of them have a story, not all are told, but the important girls get an episode and then some, it helps build a believable world and it's easy to follow the logic involved when these girls make decisions, you really feel like you understand them. I think the Neuroi are fantastic, because of what happens. I wish this was a 2-cour series instead of 1, but thankfully there is more content available.

Art style in Strike Witches is freaking fantastic. Beautiful colors that symbolizes that even though this world is in a war, it's no where near as bad as one would think. The colors are bright, they're vivid, they would make you happy just watching! The detail of the girls is well done, *cough* especially the ecchi shots *cough*. The animation is fantastic, having a very smooth and well maintained animation throughout all 12 episodes. The last episode is a huge job well done to the animators, the fight scene was incredible and it just flowed so well.

Music and Sound is.... I actually think I have no idea what makes something bad in this regard. I enjoyed the OP and ED a lot. I felt like the sounds were really good, the background music meld well with the corresponding emotions and scenes. Maybe I should review this section on how memorable it is, because I don't believe it's possible for most anime studios to get this part wrong. OP and ED are most definitely good though, I liked listening to them a lot.

I'll be watching Strike Witches 2 (unless there is a better way to experience this series) to find out if more happens with the Neuroi and their cores, because there is most definitely something going on. Is there a recommended order to watch Strike Witches from here on out? I'd really like to get the most from this series, it's a lot of good fun!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't Be a Hero 7

An episode about faulty house wiring. This is why I continue to watch anime.

Fino has the solution though:

GK8Sfrd.png

Yamada and the Seven Witches END

Live action was better all around. It had two hot male actors, they kissed and danced alot and everything. The female characters had good actors and was all silly, and the president of the StuCO was done way better in that.

Anime did at least give us Tamaki, who is my third or fourth fave, after Miyamura and Yamada. Maybe if they do more I can get an animated Kurosaki at least. Leona was done really well in the anime too.

Alright anime and adaptation.

Tuck

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Odyssey of the Celestial Arc

Ok first off Odyssey of the Celestial Arc is a badass name for a sci-fi movie and it also makes sense thematically which is also badass

I don't remember who said it but this seriously does feel like a two-parter Star Trek TNG episode. And not just because the villains are Klingons and there's elements of Q and the source of life in the universe plotline from The Chase, but I really do think if you swapped out Kodai's squad in this with Picard and others it would totally work. Since we already know the Yamato makes it back, this movie is less about the epic space battles and more about the more somber and slower sci-fi elements we saw in episodes like 9 and 14. That's not to say there aren't epic space battles because the last battle scenes are amazing, but the main crux of the movie is slower. This allows it to easily be set in between the semifinal and final episode, and it also sets up future sequels, which I hope to God happen.

Really it's amazing that this show happened and it was outstanding since this kind of sci-fi died off a while ago. Someone also said that this was like a better version of Star Trek the Motion Picture and I'm inclined to agree, it also reminded me of The Voyage Home. The movie looks great, which is no surprise since 2199 looked ridiculously good most of the time as well. The new characters work good but I have a feeling the Gamillan girl was introduced so they could make another $120 figure my friend will buy

Basically Yamato is awesome and this movie was awesome, watch it if you haven't because they don't make sci-fi like this anymore

My man.

I just finished watching this. Sort of wish I had watched it when I went through the series a few months ago, as I've forgotten some details, but I loved being able to step back into this universe. Amazing space fantasy.

The film itself had a really nice sense of intrigue with the hotel section, and some cool battle scenes. It also provided a canon reason why all the races we've seen so far are humanoid. Plus, some absolutely gorgeous vistas. Very impressive art design in several segments.

I suppose my only issue was that some characters that have a major presence in the show take the backseat here and don't really do much, but its not a big deal.

Definitely would be up for more Yamato 2199. Space adventures in this universe are insanely fun and very creative.

Strike Witches

I'll be watching Strike Witches 2 (unless there is a better way to experience this series) to find out if more happens with the Neuroi and their cores, because there is most definitely something going on. Is there a recommended order to watch Strike Witches from here on out? I'd really like to get the most from this series, it's a lot of good fun!
There's not really a set order for the Strike Witches anime since there's so little and plainly obvious times in the timeline they're set, but here it is anyway:

S1
S2
Operation Victory Arrow (3 OVAs of which the third comes out in a month or so from now)
Movie (been out for a while, very good.)

Third TV series is coming soon and focused on the 502nd JFW but that's unfortunately all that's known at the moment!

Narag

There's not really a set order for the Strike Witches anime since there's so little and plainly obvious times in the timeline they're set, but here it is anyway:

S1
S2
Operation Victory Arrow (3 OVAs of which the third comes out in a month or so from now)
Movie (been out for a while, very good.)

Third TV series is coming soon and focused on the 502nd JFW but that's unfortunately all that's known at the moment!
I had no idea there was a movie. I should check that out.

I went into SAO wanting to see "how bad is this show that everyone hates?" and found a show that I enjoyed. It's not as bad as people say with the exception of two scenes (one in episode 21 and one in episode 24). People will rage about episode 13 in SAO II despite the fact that no actual rape occurs and the direction/writing is showing "THIS GUY IS A FUCKING CREEP! YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE HIM!"

There is a major hate-on for this show that it doesn't deserve. I was more offended by the casual sexist approach in episode 1 of Space Dandy than anything in SAO. Is SAO the best written show I've seen? Of course not! Was it enjoyable despite its flaws? Yes.

If you accept that those are the only major issues with SAO then sure but beyond the gross rape scenes played so Kirito can come rescue them there's the major flaws in even the base setup with the visors, the fact the main villain Akihiko's motive was nothing because he forgot it and that the show tries to play him off like some misunderstood hero when we know pretty much nothing about him other then he murdered thousands of people and forgot why. There's also the entire Death Gun setup in SAO II which is convoluted as hell and made even worse by the fact Kirito manages to guess how it works down to every minute point which he learned from gazing into Sinon's mystical ass. The main plot point of SAO II was from something apparently in the novels but cut in the tv show which makes me wonder why it was cut to begin with if it was going to be important, and if the novels were not yet at that point when SAO S1 was being adapted then why make such a inconsequential story point the plot behind the 3rd arc? Kirito doesn't know who Death Gun is but he wore the SAO version of his outfit from GGO with red glowing eyes and everything.

Beyond that there's Sinon's gun trauma, the random timeskips in the first arc where Asuna goes from tsundere to housewife, the constant dickriding of Kirito with stupid shit like "he's the only one who can duel wield!" and "he started playing GGO 4 hours ago and is already good enough to do this minigame like an expert!" I also doubt Kawahara has ever played an MMO in his life because none of the shit in any of the games makes any sense at all.

Oh also Kirito dies but comes back because why not?

The show deserves all it gets. The best thing it gave us was the tear licking.gif and that dude in GGO who loved his chaingun a lot. It's better then Mahouka though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem with SAO isn't the fanservice or weird rapey-ness. Its that Kirito is the King Gary Stu of all time and is the best at fucking everything. The most obnoxious wish-fulfillment fantasy protagonist fucking ever.

Baalzebup

The problem with SAO isn't the fanservice or weird rapey-ness. Its that Kirito is the King Gary Stu of all time and is the best at fucking everything. The most obnoxious wish-fulfillment fantasy protagonist fucking ever.

HAH! I'd argue Onii-Sama is worse and then we have all these works that haven't been turned to anime as of yet. My current favorite of protagonist favoritism is Re:Monster. Kirito ain't got nothing on Rou.

Kirito is better then Onii-sama, Kirito has shown emotions other then imouto loving and even the bullshit level of gary stu-ness exhibited by Kirito doesn't even come close to the shit Onii-sama does

I am still shaking my head at the him being Silver reveal and him figuring out anti-gravity magic after they said it was impossible 2 minutes ago, I will probably never stop

cajunator

Banned
Can't Be a Hero 7

An episode about faulty house wiring. This is why I continue to watch anime.

Fino has the solution though:

GK8Sfrd.png

ah yes the episode where Fino finds that creature in the pipes. It gets a little messy.

Strike Witches

OH MY GOOOOOD....... This was amazing, absolutely fantastic, a whole ton of FUUUUN.

Ecchi, a good plot, an amazing twist, a brilliant cast of characters, beautiful girls (seriously pretty), ecchi!! Strike Witches is an absolute fantastic anime.

Strike Witches follows Miyafuji Yoshika, a girl who has incredible magical power capabilities and is thrown into a world she didn't expect to get involved in, because her wanting to protect people overcomes all her fears. The story in Strike Witches is really very good; for 80% of the anime, it's sort of slice of life based, revolving around magical girls who use Striker Units as a modern replacement for "brooms", hence the witches in Striker Witches. Yoshika is at the center of just about everything and in every episode, helps a girl discover something about herself or simply helps out a girl and friendships are built.

In Strike Witches, we have a large cast of what are essentially young girls. Yoshika, the lead, Sakamoto, a strong and brave girl who helps Yoshika train and become a Strike Witch, Lynette, a really pretty girl who ends up being Yoshika's best friend, and in my books, a one true pair. Perrine, a stubborn and massively jealous girl; jealous because Sakamoto is focused on training Yoshika. There are other girls too, Minna the leader of Strike Witches, Sanya, a total cutie with white hair and an extra cute voice with an awesome magic power. There is also Hartmann, Shirley, a girl with large breasts and a killer body; she's also a speed freak, Lucchini, the smallest of all the girls and loves to fondle breasts whenever she gets the chance and Eila, a really smart girl who is always seen with Sanya, because of an adorable crush.
All the girls are pretty amazing, they're all cute, and the ecchi is most definitely something to be warned about. Panty shots or hot pants or whatever.... it's most definitely in every episode and tends to be a focus too. Heck, sometimes the artists draw out a lot of detail in the pantsu shots that... well let's just say that it can be very exposing as to what is being shown. Most of the pantsu's on the girls aren't on properly either, falling half way down their waists and things of that nature, or being very small. Breasts are shown all the time when there are bathing scenes and things. It should be noted, none of the girls wear skirts or anything of the sort, it's all very much pantsu and hot pants. The point is, Strike Witches can be very ecchi at times, but don't let it put you off from the story. (Though if you like ecchi, just go ahead and watch Strike Witches, you won't be disappointed)

Speaking of which, once 8 episodes have passed and Yoshika has made a good impression on all the girls, the story really opens up. The Neuroi, the main enemy of the show
sees a huge twist that honestly, I should have seen coming a mile away,
but was caught up in other things. It's because of this that I feel like the build up, the more slice of life direction for most of the show works so well. There are so many girls and all of them have a story, not all are told, but the important girls get an episode and then some, it helps build a believable world and it's easy to follow the logic involved when these girls make decisions, you really feel like you understand them. I think the Neuroi are fantastic, because of what happens. I wish this was a 2-cour series instead of 1, but thankfully there is more content available.

Art style in Strike Witches is freaking fantastic. Beautiful colors that symbolizes that even though this world is in a war, it's no where near as bad as one would think. The colors are bright, they're vivid, they would make you happy just watching! The detail of the girls is well done, *cough* especially the ecchi shots *cough*. The animation is fantastic, having a very smooth and well maintained animation throughout all 12 episodes. The last episode is a huge job well done to the animators, the fight scene was incredible and it just flowed so well.

Music and Sound is.... I actually think I have no idea what makes something bad in this regard. I enjoyed the OP and ED a lot. I felt like the sounds were really good, the background music meld well with the corresponding emotions and scenes. Maybe I should review this section on how memorable it is, because I don't believe it's possible for most anime studios to get this part wrong. OP and ED are most definitely good though, I liked listening to them a lot.

Squeeeeee
you will be Zachy's best friend!
I see you have discovered how cute Sanya is. She is my favorite!

Angry Grimace

Literally every problem that occurs in SAO is solved by Kirito tapping into the power of shouting and just having way more powers than everyone else.

He's the only dude who can dual wield in the entire fucking game;
He dies and comes back to life for no reason whatsoever;
He rewrites the rules of the game to beat that dude who threatened his waifu, which he is able to do for reasons;
He wins a professional level Call of Duty tournament with a fucking sword.;
He has a giant fucking harem of hot girls who make doe eyes at him all day long.

Firemind

Why are Angels attacking the earth? What's with Adam in the basement? Why are the three computers named after the Three Wise Men? And why did Shinji reject Instrumentality for individual existence? Couldn't he end his life 26 episodes ago so that we are spared from his complete and utter misery?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

PK Gaming

Samurai Flamenco 11

Huh? What? Ok? Slow down, let me catch my breath here i'm still reeling after the last arc. No? Wow, Okay!

So the new arc is immediately ushered in after the old one. There isn't much to say here, but the show still moves at a great pace and it's still funny. Give me more!

Why are Angels attacking the earth? What's with Adam in the basement? Why are the three computers named after the Three Wise Men? And why did Shinji reject Instrumentality for individual existence? Couldn't he end his life 26 episodes ago so that we are spared from his complete and utter misery?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

All those things are explained or easy to infer and I don't know what your point is

Samurai Flamenco 11

Huh? What? Ok? Slow down, let me catch my breath here i'm still reeling after the last arc. No? Wow, Okay!

So the new arc is immediately ushered in after the old one. There isn't much to say here, but the show still moves at a great pace and it's still funny. Give me more!

It jumps between arcs (and genres) in a minute, it's great

Arcadius

Banned
ah yes the episode where Fino finds that creature in the pipes. It gets a little messy.

Squeeeeee
you will be Zachy's best friend!
I see you have discovered how cute Sanya is. She is my favorite!

I loooove Sanya, I was thinking of making her my next avi. Her magic is cool, she's incredibly cute and beautiful, I love her! I hope she gets a ton more screen time.

Edit: Well, I really really like Nazuna with bunny ears.... a little too much to replace her just yet. The cute background and Nazuna's expression, mimics my own when I write up reviews of cute shows.. hehehe, I'm like a wild Nazuna!

Cornbread78

Literally every problem that occurs in SAO is solved by Kirito tapping into the power of shouting and just having way more powers than everyone else.

He's the only dude who can dual wield in the entire fucking game;
He dies and comes back to life for no reason whatsoever;
He rewrites the rules of the game to beat that dude who threatened his waifu, which he is able to do for reasons;
He wins a professional level Call of Duty tournament with a fucking sword.;
He has a giant fucking harem of hot girls who make doe eyes at him all day long.

TheMostInterestingMan.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just watched the entirety of Samurai Flamenco over the past few days. I'm so confused by what I just watched. Started off as a cute show about a guy who really wanted to be a hero with fairly realistic results and plot lines stemming from that desire (ie lunatic)... Then it evolved into an actual power rangers show... Then it evolved again... Into a deconstruction of love and trauma?

There was something in there about the World's President.

What the fuck did I just watch? Seriously. What.

kewlmyc

Sword Art Online 08-09

Yep, this is the episode I remember stopping on. Not sure why. Might be with the whole Asuna being afraid of her weak bodyguard and needing to have Kirito protect her from him for some reason. Maybe because guild members can't dual each other, not sure.

Watching it again now, I'm starting to remember the positives of SAO. Some thoughts I had.

1. The animation is great.
2. The music is great (sounds like F/Z, so I'm guessing same composer)
3. The MMO world is interesting in the way it adapts game logic to everything tasks like cooking. I can appreciate at least that. The Log Horizon goes more in depth with theirs though.
4. "Beater" will always be a funny term to me and I can't take it seriously when used in this anime.
5. Asuna is a decent character in concept, but I feel she comes a worse character when interacting with Kirito, which happens a lot.
6. Kirito seems flawless at this point, but I'm hoping there will be more to his character eventually.

Even though it's two episodes, I'm enjoying what I watched to some degree. I have my issues, but I feel nitpicking this anime would never end. I'll probably treat it like Raildex and F/SN and just ignore the inconsistencies and enjoy it that way.

Quick question though. Is it ever explained how Kirito gets his dual blades ability? I mean, dual wielding is awesome, but it seem kinda BS that he just got it randomly and it's not available to everyone.

I just watched the entirety of Samurai Flamenco over the past few days. I'm so confused by what I just watched. Started off as a cute show about a guy who really wanted to be a hero with fairly realistic results and plot lines stemming from that desire (ie lunatic)... Then it evolved into an actual power rangers show... Then it evolved again... Into a deconstruction of love and trauma?

There was something in there about the World's President.

What the fuck did I just watch? Seriously. What.

I'm glad so many people are watching SamFlam, its a really great show.

I'm serious it owns

Sword Art Online 08-09

Yep, this is the episode I remember stopping on. Not sure why. Might be with the whole Asuna being afraid of her weak bodyguard and needing to have him protect her from him for some reason. Maybe because guild members can't dual each other, not sure.

Watching it again now, I'm starting to remember the positives of SAO. Some thoughts I had.

1. The animation is great.
2. The music is great (sounds like F/Z, so I'm guessing same composer)
3. The MMO world is interesting in the way it adapts game logic to everything tasks like cooking. I can appreciate at least that. The Log Horizon goes more in depth with theirs though.
4. "Beater" will always be a funny term to me and I can't take it seriously when used in this anime.
5. Asuna is a decent character in concept, but I feel she comes a worse character when interacting with Kirito, which happens a lot.
6. Kirito seems flawless at this point, but I'm hoping there will be more to his character eventually.

Quick question though. Is it ever explained how Kirito gets his dual blades ability? I mean, dual wielding is awesome, but it seem kinda BS that he just got it randomly and it's not available to everyone.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm so sorry.

Crocodile

SAO definitely has some flaws, but the series manages to make itself enjoyable to some people. I also appreciate a fair amount of the neuroscience behind it, which thrills me more than a lot of others. My advice is just to give it a shot and keep watching it unless it becomes unenjoyable.

It's definitely a lightning rod of hatred though. I just accept others don't like it and move on.

Was there any actually legit neuroscience in that show? If you showed SAO to a neurologist who was able to put up with all the other silliness in the show, would they actually come away impressed or entertained

If I rolled my eyes any harder at this they might fall out of my head :p

If you accept that those are the only major issues with SAO then sure but beyond the gross rape scenes played so Kirito can come rescue them there's the major flaws in even the base setup with the visors, the fact the main villain Akihiko's motive was nothing because he forgot it and that the show tries to play him off like some misunderstood hero when we know pretty much nothing about him other then he murdered thousands of people and forgot why. There's also the entire Death Gun setup in SAO II which is convoluted as hell and made even worse by the fact Kirito manages to guess how it works down to every minute point which he learned from gazing into Sinon's mystical ass. The main plot point of SAO II was from something apparently in the novels but cut in the tv show which makes me wonder why it was cut to begin with if it was going to be important, and if the novels were not yet at that point when SAO S1 was being adapted then why make such a inconsequential story point the plot behind the 3rd arc? Kirito doesn't know who Death Gun is but he wore the SAO version of his outfit from GGO with red glowing eyes and everything.

Beyond that there's Sinon's gun trauma, the random timeskips in the first arc where Asuna goes from tsundere to housewife, the constant dickriding of Kirito with stupid shit like "he's the only one who can duel wield!" and "he started playing GGO 4 hours ago and is already good enough to do this minigame like an expert!" I also doubt Kawahara has ever played an MMO in his life because none of the shit in any of the games makes any sense at all.

Oh also Kirito dies but comes back because why not?

The show deserves all it gets. The best thing it gave us was the tear licking.gif and that dude in GGO who loved his chaingun a lot. It's better then Mahouka though

Thank you for saving me and many others the energy in typing something like this. I feel enough people have got into enough detail about why this show is bad but defenders seems happy to ignore criticisms. One can enjoy the show but acknowledge that all the shade it gets is 100% legitimate.

Cornbread78

Sword Art Online 08-09

Yes, it's explained by the end of the first arc.

Baalzebup

It is explained at the finale of the arc.

Hey, do you know what we really need? Accel World S2.

It's an actual decent anime based off an LN written by Reki Kawahara.

You're not wrong, that is for sure.
For the shittiest reason of just because.

KEK, I don't think anyone would be willing to argue that the reason is anything other than BS :p

Was there any actually legit neuroscience in that show? If you showed SAO to a neurologist who was able to put up with all the other silliness in the show, would they actually come away impressed or entertained

If I rolled my eyes any harder at this they might fall out of my head :p

Funny you should say that! I'm presenting a panel at Otakon next month called "The Neuroscience of Sword Art Online." I was impressed with things that Kawahara never really thought about such as the lack of focus in peripheral vision (similar to how our eyes have to be constantly moving so we get light reflected into our corneas). While he brushes aside the impact of preventing signals being sent to peripheral nerves (basically causing them to rot), he has a good set-up designed.

<-Neuroscience doctoral student (likely graduating next December due to a long project)

As for the latter, I had plenty of laughs on my own about the "Gary-Stu" complaints. It doesn't bother me a 1/10th as much as it does some people here.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Good bye Spring 2015!

SNAFU -13

This is not how you ended a show without announcing a sequel :(

Plastic Memories - 13

Not a really happy ending, but I think I will be more upset if some "miracle" ended up happening.

Yamada and the Seven Witches -12

Well, I think this is the first time I watch a harem romance comedy reach a real ending in one season. I am glad they didn't let it drag out for too long, I was hoping for more but this is the right length.

Disappearance of Nagato - 13

Wait this show is 24/26 episodes?

UBW - 25

I guess they will stick with this original ending, I was hoping for something better :(
Since heroes memories disappear with their body, all the closure Archer got will never reach the "real him". Shirou ended up walking the same destiny, nothing really change I guess.

Thoraxes

I still haven't watched the second season of SNAFU (though I plan to) but it sounds like
Hachiman gets involved in a love triangle of sorts? I hope that's not the case, considering the original season was good at avoiding that. I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of Yukino, Yui and a best girl (who's apparently named Iroha) vying for him.

You can look at literally any piece of art that shows the main cast in it from any media relating to the series ever to figure that out.
Man, this just reminds me that this show is another example of the main heroine being probably the worst option/character in the series. It's too bad main girls HAVE to be boring for whatever reason.

Sayaka da bes.

Arcadius

Banned
Ya know, I totally forgot to include this in my Strike Witches write up, but I love how all the girls gain a tail and ears from an animal, they're all super cute and it's really neat to see. I wish I had a cute tail and some ears when I used magical powers!

Puruzi

Banned
Ya know, I totally forgot to include this in my Strike Witches write up, but I love how all the girls gain a tail and ears from an animal, they're all super cute and it's really neat to see. I wish I had a cute tail and some ears when I used magical powers!

You have magical powers?

Man Spring season is officially over for me when the last episode of Kekkai Sensen airs on Saturday. Hopefully by then all this endless useless Yuri talk about Euphonium is over with when Summer finally comes.

Then we start talking about smut.&#128524;

UBW - 25

I guess they will stick with this original ending, I was hoping for something better :(
Since heroes memories disappear with their body, all the closure Archer got will never reach the "real him". Shirou ended up walking the same destiny, nothing really change I guess.

He didn't really.
Shirou actually has someone not only waiting for him but willing to join him once her main studies (the 3 years she talked about) are over. In fact itw was mentioned ufotable screwed up that last part from Nasu's script in that it was Shirou moving further than Archer did (he tweeted about it after the episode aired). That, and it word of god that Shirou does not end up being Archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom