• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahari S2 - 13 [End]

I'm fine with it ending like this, but then again I cared little for the two involved and their supposed outcome. I guess it helps that in season 1 I viewed the female cast as friends at best, and nothing more.
I just never got the emotional response that Hachiman wanted more, and it has sticked with me since. Thus, I never really watched this for the romance part, but more for Hachiman's interactions and thoughts in general.

I think this season had more "highs", like "Tobe sacrifice", "genuine" etc. However I don't feel they quite reached the same impact the "roof scene" had on me in season 1.
Yahari did receive a visual upgrade, which worked great with the increased attention to facial expressions, and body language in general. Just in this last episode alone for example, Yui's clenching fist remains one of the things I remember the most.

Overall I think this season was great, now give
Komachi spin off

Yes. Komachi's first year in HS. Hachiman foiling every dudes plans to go out with her. She becomes the newest member of the club. It will be amazing.

Gintama 147

I was really hoping Gin's joke about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber would be the actual training arc and they just moved on without an actual training arc

cajunator

Banned
The GoPri movie will be... different.

One part traditional Precure movie, one part full CG anime, one part SD CGI anime with a story more like a vintage Mickey Mouse short.

They should follow the example of Bones and Show By Rock.

Saikano 07

I've watched enough anime for today, but man, things aren't looking too good for anyone here!

Even though he isn't hitting girls and going behind Chise's back with Fuyumi anymore, he still isn't helping matters and apparently still doesn't comprehend exactly what Chise is going through. Atsushi's gone off to war, where he's almost certainly going to be just one among the thousands of other dead soldiers. Akemi doesn't actually love Atsushi and probably won't care too much if he dies, and seems to be using the fact that Chise and Shuji broke up in order to snag Shuji for herself, which isn't exactly helping Chise out - it's just gonna make things worse. No one understands Chise either, who's clearly now long broken. The soldiers on her side fear her as an angel of death, and with the war apparently coming to a standstill Chise's body is surely no longer useful to the military, or will at least become that very soon. Fighting seems to be Chise's only reason to live - she can never be a normal girl again because of her body, and the only thing her body is good for is fighting. If there's no war, there's no reason for her to fight and therefore no reason for her to live. This probably means that she'll be deemed too dangerous to walk free, with her relationship with the military now appearing to essentially be a lengthy truce.

In any case, this isn't going to end well.

Now you have slightly jumped into the pit of despair.

I really don't see the big deal about Arcadius post.

Seriously if that's a big deal what's Summer gonna be then?

A miserable pile of armageddon. Unless Gaf can exercise self control. Its honestly not difficult.

The Idolm@ster 15

Why can't this just be a show of non sequitur insanity? It would be infinitely more entertaining.

And once again, dat Makoto.

This is one of the best episodes!

Puruzi

Banned
Puruzi's standards are too high.

HFFrK5z.png

Disclaimer : Actual spoilers for "yuki yuna is a hero"

So what happens at the end of the show is that the heroes system is now considered obsolete.
Sure the cast actually managed to destroy vertexes, but the fact that they were sacrifying their body in order to mankai is now over ..everyone recovered, including sonoko who will soon join the school the cast is , in order to join the heroes club.
But the vertex threat is not over, and in order to protect the shinju , the hero system will change a bit. What they did was to destroy a large part of the ennemies , so , they earned a period of peace ( no attacks ), during that time the basic idea is to make the hero system a little less taxing on the bodies but it's less powerfull ( no mankai ), to compensate the idea is to make the heroes more widespread ...
But i repeat this is the idea, at the end of this peridod with no attacks , we don't know what will really happen. What you should understand is that the hero system evolve over time because it's learning and because it's learning , it actually make mistakes ..at the end of S1 it was considered that this wasn't the right path and thus they changed things.
For example: our heroes were the first to be able to seal vertexes, it was something that was learned AFTER the previous generation of heroes ( togo , sonoko , gin ) fought.

So yeah right now , the vertex problem is not solved because they are still there and multiplying and the reason everyone recovered was because togo actions proved that "mankai" was flawed by design. The cast will have to fight again , in the near future, once the vertexes will be enough to attack again , untill someone find a way to defeat them permanently.
Right now the only fighting strenght taisha has against vertexes in order to protect the shinju are our cast of now 6 girls , so yeah it's anticipated that they will have to fight at some point.

Now , this is EVEN MORE SPOILER TERRITORY , don't click unless you want to know.
but what if i tell you that our much intelligent and ressourcefull togo , managed to find a old document from before the god area ( the one they are in, meaning before the fight against the vertextes ) about the very first hero and the fact that i'ts releated to someone from the cast ?

I'm not going to say more in this thread, maybe by PM if you want more info

Oh...crap.

Part of me wants to see a season 2 to see this stuff developed on but another part of me doesn't because the last time I wanted to see what happened next in a magical girl show after a conclusion I was okay with, I got Madoka Rebellion!

But judging from how successful Yuki Yuna was along with this information coming out, we may in fact be getting Yuki Yuna season 2!

I think I'll hold off on any more spoilers from you for now though. But I'll send you a PM if I change my mind.

Thanks for sharing!

cuilan

Use this handy guide:

Code:
Totally pure                                                                                                         Adorably filthy
   BGBW-------|-kayos90-------Ultimadrago---------Theonix--------chickdigger802--------Cuilan----------------------------cnet128
        Safe for AnimeGAF

Why is that cnet guy ranked above me? This is BS. I never should have tried to come back to an anime OT. You guys suck. Now I just want to stay away from these threads for a long time again. So long, bullies!

Puruzi

Banned
I assumed the show was two cour. Was it announced as only one cour? Shame on me for making assumptions I guess.

Yes you're right, I do have excellent taste <3

Nah man I'm serious I think you'd like Godannar

I'll check it out. It has hot women so i'm into it already.

No announcements regarding Prison School's length have been made yet.

I think Prison School's quality will depend a lot on how fast they go through the material because there is a clear stopping point for s1 but it's 70 chapters in, I'm kinda curious to see how it's handled

I'm almost looking forward to Euriphonium pandemonium tomorrow if this is the alternative.

its not gonna happen, if anyone is disappointed they have themselves to blame

Cornbread78

It's not letting me quote posts on Mobil site for some reason Cajun and TUSR, but I'm baking Chocolate chip cookies right now and I'd share with his still, lol

jbug617

Banned
Funimation Summer Announcements:
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Ninja Slayer
Ultimate Otaku Teacher
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Snow White with the Red Hair
Rampo Kitan
Gangsta.
Seiyu&#8217;s Life
Bikini Warriors
Prison School
Hetalia: The World Twinkle
Aquarion Logos
Sky Wizards Academy (Kusen Madoshi)
Junjo Romantica 3
Overlord
Castle Town Dandelion
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn&#8217;t Exist

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015...ulcast_Summer_Announcement_1&utm_nooverride=1

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
shindol backer krew represent

&#65288; ´_&#12445;`&#65289;

I'm proud of you guys ;_;

If we get to that point in one cour, chances are that the discussion will be centred on how rushing through the source material ruined yet another manga adaptation.

If Prison School is 1 cour I guess they will end it right after
Kiyoshi and Chiyo return from the sumo match and Kiyoshis outbreak is exposed.
That would be a decent ending point I feel.

However if they are doing 2 cours (which I doubt) we will definitely be seeing the wonders of human evolution.

Woah, i thought it's going to be 2 cours? Damn, i hope they didn't pull 7 witches and Yamada on us.

is it impossible for you people to be normal

Indeed :p

cajunator

Banned
if everyone here just watched and talked about Naruto there would be no trouble and peace would reign. Wednesday won.

Wouldnt that be even worse?
Anyway I made it 5 episodes into NAruto before pulling that plug.

Got my A Lull in the Sea set today.

Holy shit is this set nice.

Miuna, bitches:
w7TwB1Z.jpg

They havent shipped mine yet D:
But normally, I get my stuff two to three days after other people.

/XX/

Did you back that Shindol Patreon while you were at work? Is this what bosses do?
Shindol has a Patreon

*checks

Ahahaha, he's supporting Extollere's Patreon.
Wow, had no idea! Our most talented coffee lover ever... way to go! :-D

Even closer to the design of the original vision for the character by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto & Mahiro Maeda!

And once again, dat Makoto.
Truly Mr. Nishigori's favourite, it really shows in the episodes he had the chance to make it more apparent.

&#3232;_&#3232;
Come on! This could actually be for renewed support aimed to the neglected heart-warming, more 'vanilla' instances of his work, that needed it the most among the fan-bases he supplies... no? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom