• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danmachi - 10

Whenever the MC says FIREBOLTOOO it makes me want to jump in front of a train. I'm finding myself annoyed at his mere presence. I care little for any of the other cast. I do like the setting (bar the fucking grinding tower), and gods chillin' with mortals is pretty nice.
This has been the case for a while, if I was watching this as a finished show I would've dropped it. Then the devil shows up on my left shoulder and whisper gently: "Idiot you've already invested a lot of time, and it's only 20 minutes a week, what's the harm? It'll get better, you'll see..."
I look over my other shoulder in hope of the angel, but then I remember he abandoned me long ago.

I think I need help.

Wait , but we haven't reached the bad parts yet.. this is not the correct place to drop this show :)
Feels so good to read Ln sometimes :)

X60GzMZ.jpg

This is pretty good

Paltheos

s1 sucks apart from like 2 episodes and is ugly too

the impetus for the first 3/4ths of the show or so is some stupid drama that didn't even make sense in the first place, and everyone takes everything wayyyyyyy too seriously so yeah

I disagree hard. There was one plot point I just missed a little more than half way in, but outside of that I never had a problem understanding the cast's actions and motivations, and I didn't feel they behaved disgenuously.

Maybe you had a tough time relating to the characters? If you don't understand them, I get that reaction.

SNAFU S2 10

Like last week's Yukino scene, I felt underwhelmed by Iroha's train scene given all the praise for it. The Orimoto resolution was pretty nice, I hope she doesn't disappear. Hayama seems pretty interesting, so looking forward to where this next arc goes with him.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea for Yahari you need to see season 1. First half is kinda rough but back half is pretty good.

There's really no getting around it.

Midonin

Nisekoi: 09

Having Haru around gives Kosaki some more definition. As I said, in the first season/part of the material I never saw her appeal. Haru, however, does a lot simply by contrast. The pool part of the episode was also a nice chance to see everyone together.

DanMachi 10

Even with his newfound power, Bell is not invincible. He can pull off some miracles, but that doesn't mean he can't fall into a rough spot. That's good. Now is Hestia's (and Lily's) time to shine!

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 10

"Someday in the Rain" is also the title of one of the mainline Haruhi episodes, and it's interesting how this Yuki's arc is kind of a reverse of that Yuki's. Instead of being someone emotionless who becomes human, we have a shy, mostly human, kinda clumsy girl losing her emotions. The "Part I" signifies that perhaps this will have 16 episodes after all. Curious where exactly this is going to go.

Acosta

Snafu S2 10

3 min in and I have to stop it... am I the only one that gets flushed watching this? I don't know exactly why but it feels so intense at times. (maybe it´s just me).

Acosta

Today, June 5th(still in the west anyway), is the birthday of member Hitokage.
Unfortunately he passed away rather suddenly last year. I realize he won't be able to respond to this message then but I'd still like to say Happy Birthday anyway.

For today at least, I thought it would be nice to reflect on the good memories he contributed to the thread rather than any possible bad memories or dwelling on the fact that he isn't here.

With that then, I'd like to give a big thank you to Hitokage for being one of the first to really encourage people to watch the show Ojamajo Doremi. I finally got around to it this year and have been watching it over the past few months. Currently I'm just starting into its third season/series called Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi. Asuka seems like she'll be a fun new addition to the cast.

I'm really enjoying the show and liked it right from the beginning. If it carries on like it has, then I think it will secure its place as being not only one of my favorite Magical Girl shows but one of my favorite in general.

I can see some of the similarities to Sailor Moon in Doremi that Hitokage pointed out, such as how Doremi and her younger sister, Pop, have echoes of the personalities and relationship that Usagi and Chibiusa had.

Sure, the shows not perfect and has some little quirks one can point out. As Hitokage himself mentioned some of the general premises of the show, such as in Sharp where you have fourth graders taking care of a baby, might seem a bit silly but they still execute on those ideas rather well overall. It's also nice that the show at least attempts to explore these more serious ideas such as the difficulty of raising a child, or one main characters family dealing with a divorce.

I see quite a few others in the thread have been watching and enjoying the show as well and I'm sure that would make him happy.

In PMs we talked about how I hadn't completed Super Mario Brothers 3 yet but I was so close and should give it another go. Just a few days ago I did complete the game and how I wanted, by going through every level of every world and not using any warps or items like the P-Wing. Unfortunately we can't talk about it more but I still wanted to give a quick "Hey, I did it" as I originally planned.

Anyway, thanks again Hitokage for telling me about some great shows I didn't know about and some fun conversations about great shows that I did. :)

I still find hard to believe Hito is not here anymore... Awesome of you to honor him with this.

A big kampai to him, wherever he is.

Phatmac

NOOOOOOOO! My boys keep dropping like flies to DIO. Loved the backstory for Kakyoin and his parting message to Joseph that went to Jotaro. The reveal of The World was done well but makes me even more puzzled as to how the rest of the team will be able to win. Despite DIO beating my favorite guys his attitude and OP power are making it hard to hate him. His charisma is amazing. Can't wait for next week! :)
tumblr_nphlsqvAKq1tizq86o1_540.gif

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 10

The father series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, was about Haruhi, but Kyon was the protagonist. I think Disappearance makes more sense if you treat the show as being about Yuki while Ryoko is the protagonist. Anyway, Yuki escapes with few physical problems, but perhaps some mental changes. Ryoko's panic makes sense this time. No problem with her fussing over Yuki this time. Kyon tries to act the same even if he doesn't know what to do. I think this is Kunikuda's first appearance. Now for the big question. What really happened to Nagato Yuki? This is around when I stopped reading the manga I believe, so I'm curious as to where this will go.

Exalted

Really enjoying Danmachi, the last few episodes with the fighting were damn good. Are we only getting 12 episodes, or is there any chance of more?

Jarmel

Banned
I assume Jarmel's point is "why didn't he just kill all the good guys instantly instead of fucking around". Which is true........but also true of like 90%+ of all fictional villains ever written across all of time and anywhere in the world.

Pretty much but it's even more ridiculous here. He could have had this wrapped up in five minutes flat.

He pretty much can teleport so the range isn't an issue. What the fuck.

Pretty much but it's even more ridiculous here. He could have had this wrapped up in five minutes flat.

He just wants to torment and torture the heroes before dealing the finishing blow. He just wanna have some fun.

Jarmel

Banned
Not to mention how did he not figure out what the clock meaning was? That should have been dead obvious to him, more than anyone else.

Really enjoying Danmachi, the last few episodes with the fighting were damn good. Are we only getting 12 episodes, or is there any chance of more?

This season is probably going to end at Vol 5 (out of 7, soon to be 8).

So while it would still take awhile, there is a possibility if they think they can adapt another 3 volumes in 12-13 episodes.

OR

They take the other route and adapt the Oratoria spinoffs that focuses on Aiz and the Loki Familia.

DIO is the least humble person ever born, he loves to mess with people and fully believes himself to be invincible for good reason thanks to The World.

DIO don't care.

Jarmel

Banned
DIO is the least humble person ever born, he loves to mess with people and fully believes himself to be invincible for good reason thanks to The World.

DIO don't care.

I mean
he could have set himself up to kill both Jonathan and Jotaro in one strike

I can understand playing with your food but good lord.

Dio 2

Dio's cockiness and swagger are just incredible, watching him just purely fuck around with everyone has been a tremendous treat. The final ORAORAORAMUDAMUDAMUDA just got me incredibly hyped for next week.

jman2050

Nisekoi: 09

Having Haru around gives Kosaki some more definition. As I said, in the first season/part of the material I never saw her appeal. Haru, however, does a lot simply by contrast. The pool part of the episode was also a nice chance to see everyone together.

See I had the opposite reaction. Having Haru around only serves to further highlight what a complete waste of a character Kosaki's entire existence is.

Good news: this work is 13 episodes long.
Bad news: Warner's leading the committee, so it depends on what they want to do.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haru is the worst.

Manga spoilers
Then she becomes the best.

Love Lab - 13 [Finale]

So this last episode had some really bad drama that was tough to sit through but other than that it was a quite enjoyable show. It was moderately funny (you know, causing smiles and smirks however no real genuine laughter), was well animated with plenty hilarious facial expressions and to my surprise wasn't episodic or particularly formulaic.

Riko and Natsuo were fun characters and Sayori had her moments, too. Yuiko and Suzu, though, offered very little.

7/10 from me.

Cornbread78

Hestia fans will make sure there's more.

This season is probably going to end at Vol 5 (out of 7, soon to be 8).

So while it would still take awhile, there is a possibility if they think they can adapt another 3 volumes in 12-13 episodes.

OR

They take the other route and adapt the Oratoria spinoffs that focuses on Aiz and the Loki Familia.

I'm liking this. How has the release schedule of the LN'S been like?

Shokugeki no Soma - 10
shokugeki
neH3jCi.gif

Yo this dude.. I liked that Megumi did shit on her own. I don't like how she yet again "has to be saved" by someone else. I want to see her develop, but not by having to rely on others too much, even if it's not her own doing.
Soma standing up for his comrades, I dig, but I would've preferred if it was for someone else. That beefmaster Dio tho, the mid OOOOOOOOOOH caught me good.

Shokugeki No Soma 10

I really like this part of the story, the combo of Tadokoro standing a bit on her own, doing a Soma esque improvisation, still failing, and the final BAM. Stuff like this is why I love shonen shit and SnS is truly one of the best out there.

Soma 10

Pretty good episode. Diojima and Soma are working hard to make this show the manliest of the season.

Can't say I really care for Megumi but Soma stepping up and challenging Kakyoin that french guy was hype as fuck.

As for Erina:
b3tMIbK.png

She didn't need to play cards because she already stole my heart

NomarTyme

Shokugeki no Soma - 10 ..... holy shit!

Soma 10

Pretty good episode. Diojima and Soma are working hard to make this show the manliest of the season.

Can't say I really care for Megumi but Soma stepping up and challenging Kakyoin that french guy was hype as fuck.

As for Erina:
I'm hyped.

fertygo

Its his whole stick, burning-your-dog and kissing-your-girl stick, its him, DIO!

he not teleporting tho

zulux21

Why is everyone finishing Soma at the same time? I was hours ahead of you guys! I GOT TO BATHE FIRST

I have to wait for my wife to get home to watch it even though we both have read the manga.

Either way 10 continued to be a solid continuation of the series, at least there are 14 more episodes to this season. The manga chapters make it sound like the anime is doing well, but I haven't seen any numbers for it yet.

I do appreciate how manly this episode was though.

VRMN

Yuki-chan 10

*squees*

This is it. The namesake of the series is finally here. And what a perfect start, too. This arc is why this series will be worth it. Why the manga is worth it. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom