• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Yahari S2 - 10

v8NKDXP.gif

Komachi glorious wingman. Did the Sargeras of Yahari just show up? That stare, now you fucked up, you don't use Batman as bait

Seriously setting her big bro up and keeping him on point. Best sister confirmed.

This would actually sense. Too much sense even. I'm not part of #teamYukino but if it is so, Hachi better find a way to fix it.

It's pretty scary how much sense it would make if true. I can't wait until next week now, but all added up... damn. Maybe it's really her sister and Yuki just opposes it? Man, time to put in that work Hiki..

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Episode 10 Results of the Choice

Of course they would end it there. Their faces!!!
finally reunited at last

I love the family lines and the opening Yu Mika scene.

Honey and Clover - 01

That was an underwhelming first episode. Instead of properly introducing its characters Honey and Clover throws a lot of slapstick comedy with annoying screaming at you. There's also a 12 years old looking 18 years old girl that immediately infatuates the MC in the most mundane 'love at first sight' scene.

This better get better quickly or I'm done with it.

Cornbread78

Golden Time

Ahhhhhh!!! Thank the stars that last episode went the way it did. If it didn't, I would have been absolutely upset with the outcome; so happy it ended the way it did! /phew

Note: Ever since I've watched Toradora!, I feel like I've seen all the anime since then (Clannad and ~After Story~ excluded). I have this strong case of déjà vu type of dreams and even though I know I've never seen things like Toraodra or Golden Time, it feels like I have because I "remember" some things about them. Pretty scary stuff, since I have trouble actually recalling the déjà vu dreams themselves.

You're right about the ending. I almost lost my shit at ep.20, my heart sunk. Screw the writer for screwing with us right there, lol.
Like you, I love a good
happy ending
so I was very happy with the way things turned out.

Oh and 2D-Kun is the best man indeed.

Arcadius

Banned
You're right about the ending. I almost lost my shit at ep.20, my heart sunk. Screw the writer for screwing with us right there, lol.
Like you, I love a good
happy ending
so I was very happy with the way things turned out.

Oh and 2D-Kun is the best man indeed.

This show was really improved by the tea club , kaga kouko and 2D-kun ..
They saved this show ...

Aha! Aside from like 4 episodes 2D-Kun wasn't really involved with much, but I agree, he does essentially save the show. Totally agree Cornbread, no reason for the writers to do what they did, except to toy with us. I was bouncing all over the place with my legs shaking, hoping it wasn't going to turn out that way!!!

None-the-less, because it ended the way it did and because it had Kaga Kouko, 2D-Kun, Tea Club and some others, totally worth watching anime in my opinion.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover - 01

That was an underwhelming first episode. Instead of properly introducing its characters Honey and Clover throws a lot of slapstick comedy with annoying screaming at you. There's also a 12 years old looking 18 years old girl that immediately infatuates the MC in the most mundane 'love at first sight' scene.

This better get better quickly or I'm done with it.

umm, yeah about that... I got stalled at ep.9 because of the really slow pace. I'll go back someday as everyone says that it's really good.

Narag

Thsoe Who Hunt Elves II 8

Secret best part of this series is when they stop being dicks to everyone for five minutes and demonstrate a little heart. Hoping the last run of eps is handled well such that the show is more good than bad all told.

Seraph of the End - 10

They sure like to use still frames for the combat, those backgrounds must've cost more than I thought.
Nice try Seraph, you can't fool me, I've watched Aldnoah Zero! I do find myself amused at that silver haired vampire, pretty good banter.
Background dump

Cornbread78

Aha! Aside from like 4 episodes 2D-Kun wasn't really involved with much, but I agree, he does essentially save the show. Totally agree Cornbread, no reason for the writers to do what they did, except to toy with us. I was bouncing all over the place with my legs shaking, hoping it wasn't going to turn out that way!!!

None-the-less, because it ended the way it did and because it had Kaga Kouko, 2D-Kun, Tea Club and some others, totally worth watching anime in my opinion.

Yeah, bit 2D-Kun stepped up when it counted most, lol. Also, I forgot to mention it earlier but most of the people here that hated the ending hated it because of the
"ghost" and supernatural aspect. The only thing that bother me about it was that "his memories" handed him the ring to give to her at the end
everything else was fine.

Arcadius

Banned
Yeah, bit 2D-Kun stepped up when it counted most, lol. Also, I forgot to mention it earlier but most of the people here that hated the ending hated it because of the
"ghost" and supernatural aspect. The only thing that bother me about it was that "his memories" handed him the ring to give to her at the end
everything else was fine.

Hmm, I can see why people don't like it, but it was a part of the show from like halfway through or so; heck probably a little earlier than half way through we see it. I think
the giving of the ring to modern Tada Banri was more or less of a "My time is over, sorry for messing up so much of your life" kind of thing. I mean, he is the one that dropped the ring in the first place. Personally, I hated all the elements of "past" Banri. I wanted him to just go away so we can have Kaga Kouko and Banri be together in sweet love.

Great episode. Good to see even the strongest Vampire Hunter, Gurren, can't just one shot all the vampires. And that ending, can't wait for next week!

Edit: Also the still backgrounds in this anime are so beautiful. A nice change of pace from other animes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Danmachi 10
Intense episode all around. Even with Bell deus ex machina/argonauts skills, his party struggle during their expedition in middle floor.

Cornbread78

Hmm, I can see why people don't like it, but it was a part of the show from like halfway through or so; heck probably a little earlier than half way through we see it. I think
the giving of the ring to modern Tada Banri was more or less of a "My time is over, sorry for messing up so much of your life" kind of thing. I mean, he is the one that dropped the ring in the first place. Personally, I hated all the elements of "past" Banri. I wanted him to just go away so we can have Kaga Kouko and Banri be together in sweet love.

Yeah the
ghost was only a representation of his old memories so it didn't bother me at all until the ring handover on the bridge, lol.
otherwise it all worked out and the best girl won, so it's all good. Crazy ride thete though. What's next?

phaze

Love Lab - 13 [Finale]

So this last episode had some really bad drama that was tough to sit through but other than that it was a quite enjoyable show. It was moderately funny (you know, causing smiles and smirks however no real genuine laughter), was well animated with plenty hilarious facial expressions and to my surprise wasn't episodic or particularly formulaic.

Riko and Natsuo were fun characters and Sayori had her moments, too. Yuiko and Suzu, though, offered very little.

7/10 from me.

Suzu the worst.

I tolerate "episodicness" to much greater degree in the comedies but even then, the more continous story is always a good thing. Even if it's marred a bit by overdone drama like here.

This reminds me I need to try a get the third SZS season done finally.

Has anyone posted the new GuP movie preview yet? Because their choice of music is amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljjeOlpAMng

Say no to more Axis propaganda.

Arcadius

Banned
Yeah the
ghost was only a representation of his old memories so it didn't bother me at all until the ring handover on the bridge, lol.
otherwise it all worked out and the best girl won, so it's all good. Crazy ride thete though. What's next?

Next up, I'm feeling is Fantastic Children I believe. I was going to go with Anohana, but decided not to, since all I've been watching has been stuff with some drama. Though Fantastic Children might have drama, it's a change of pace in just about everything I've seen. After that, it's time to go back to what drew me to anime in the first place. Cute girls doing things in the cutest of ways. I miss the cute girls and their fun ways.

Always looking out for cute girl recommendations too, so if you know of stuff, toss it out! (ecchi is okay!)

That's pretty funny! Is this a good show?

Clov

As of last night, I've finished all of the older Sailor Moon series. The last season was enjoyable; I remember hearing that it had a bit of negative reception but I thought it was pretty decent. Doesn't hold a candle to S and SuperS, though. Loved those ones; in fact, I actually think that S is one of the best things Ikuhara's made.

Not really sure what I should watch next though; I'm definitely going to go watch the original Jojo's OVA, though I can't finish all of it yet; I don't want to spoil the currently airing anime for myself. I could continue where I left off with Gintama (I watched the initial 201 episode season last summer), though I'm also interested in Michiko and Hatchin, along with The Rose of Versailles. I'll need to think it over a bit more.

VRMN

Nagato Yuki-chan 10.

Hey look at that. An episode, a Haruhi-less episode, that kept my attention.
ac
It did certainly make me think Disappearance Yuki was gone pretty early on. If she didn't recognise people I might have thought it was amnesia. So I guess its original timeline Yuki.

Of course why that would happen from a near miss accident is another matter.

Now I feel the urge to watch some original timeline Yuki just to see how like that she is acting.

My theory is that
the accident wouldn't have been a near-miss. That basically, the presence of a near-death situation unlocked the alien personality latent within Yuki that was overwritten when she turned herself human. Of course, that would mean this is actually a version of Disappearance where Kyon didn't get a choice as he did in canon, rather than just a scenario where Yuki, et al, were always human.

The manga never actually spells this out. The why is, to some degree, irrelevant.

phaze

FSN:UBW 22

After all the hype for dolphins, the general renown of FSN and all the talk in this episode about establishing rapport and exchanging body heat,
I expected things to go a bit farther than they did.
Not complaining though.

The summoning circle in Shirou's house is also something I wondered about but If my nr 1 suspect behind its appearance is a correct guess, I imagine its also something that will be only revealed in HF.

cajunator

Banned
This idea is too good to pass up on.

But if he doesn't,
Megumi
will be expelled!

For the love of God Soma, defeat the teacher!!

Calling them trans would be a bit of a stretch. It would imply they were legitimately queer gendered and they're clearly just played off as a kind of visual/psychological gag.

Shuichi Nitori would be trans. And, if you can get over the stereotyping, the Okama kingdom in One Piece. Saika is just a joke though, in the vein of Hideyoshi from BakaTest.

This community is already on thin ice as it is, so please be careful yall. That said, an interesting depiction of the trans community can be found in Shangri La. Both characters are actual transexuals and identify as women. Its treated fairly matter of factly and is not created as a gag. There are a few instances where one of them fools some men to distract them but it seemed as though this show actually is one of the few to treat them as functional characters instead of sight gags. I know the show itself is really inconsistent and low quality, but its worth watching.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frankly, I'm not too worried that it'll get us in trouble and if it does, duckroll can just step in and lay down the ground rules
whenever he stops playing Terra Battle for a second to do his job.

But for the interim, I guess I'll switch to otokonoko like a filthy weeaboo.

There are times where I've mentioned it helps knowing when a show will air as there may be timeslot magic performed by some companies, especially on Tokyo MX. Here's our latest one.

It's been puzzling me how Yuki-chan could be 16 episodes with only 6 BD/DVDs solicited. Here's what'll happen:

15/04/03 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 1
15/04/10 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 2
15/04/17 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 3
15/04/24 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 4
15/05/01 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 5
15/05/08 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 6
15/05/15 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 7
15/05/22 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 8
15/05/29 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 9
15/06/05 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 10
15/06/12 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 11
15/06/19 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 12
15/06/26 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 13
15/07/03 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 14
15/07/10 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 15
15/07/17 - Nagato Yuki-chan ep 16
15/07/24 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 1
15/07/31 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 2
15/08/07 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 3
15/08/14 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 4
15/08/21 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 5
15/08/28 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 6
15/09/04 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 7
15/09/11 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 8
15/09/18 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 9
15/09/25 - Prism Illya 2wei Herz!! 10

That is how you purchase 2 seasons worth of timeslots and manipulate them to better fit your shows. Yuki-chan's story best fit in 16 episodes, so it got those episodes and Kadokawa could fit in all of the 10 episodes they planned for Prism Illya without having to give up a couple of timeslots/purchase more elsewhere. Good logistical planning by the staff at Kadokawa.

Arslan senki 01 - 05
This show is legit good... a nice mix between suikoden and fire emblem.

How it feels good to see a battleground that actually look good Vanadis should have looked like this instead of being that hot mess.

BUt yeah this show's legit ..i guess i've gonna stop and calm down before i write more.

Frankly, I'm not too worried that it'll get us in trouble and if it does, duckroll can just step in and lay down the ground rules
whenever he stops playing Terra Battle for a second to do his job.

But for the interim, I guess I'll switch to otokonoko like a filthy weeaboo.
Otokonoko is too hard to spell, say or even remember, I'll just dance around it like I always have on GAF.

Mandelbo

I'm feeling like it might be time to watch Mitsudomoe again to see if I still like it. Mitsudomoe is weird for me - the first time I watched it a couple of years ago I really enjoyed it, even if the second series declined a little in quality, imo. But the more I read of the manga the more disconcerting it became for me until I just couldn't bring myself to read any more of it. Something always irked me about the way it was drawn... Anyway, I'm curious to see if I still enjoy the anime to the same extent as I did when I first watched it, or whether it just comes off as weird.

Trying out some new shows.

Seraph of the End 01-02

01 - Cool opening and premise, wonder how they are going to f it up. Generic male lead too. Interesting ending.

02 - wait.... after all that in the opening.... it turned out to be just another high school show........ fuck this. Like seriously the brainstorming session to turn that opening, into a high school show about a few powerful kids must have been half a minute long.

FSN:UBW 22

After all the hype for dolphins, the general renown of FSN and all the talk in this episode about establishing rapport and exchanging body heat,
I expected things to go a bit farther than they did.
Not complaining though.

The summoning circle in Shirou's house is also something I wondered about but If my nr 1 suspect behind its appearance is a correct guess, I imagine its also something that will be only revealed in HF.

first there was the dragon. Then there were the dolphins.

If you want the full version in all of its glory you gotta play the VN.

Nagato Yuki

When does this take place, I only just realized they dont have their computer in there :(

UtaPri 3 Episode 10 - Answer

Oh yes, Haruka played with the piano, love when she does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom