• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Frankly, I'm not too worried that it'll get us in trouble and if it does, duckroll can just step in and lay down the ground rules
whenever he stops playing Terra Battle for a second to do his job.

But for the interim, I guess I'll switch to otokonoko like a filthy weeaboo.

He's too busy watching bad shows like Sense8.

cajunator

Banned
Show by Rock eng dub cast...are they doing the songs in englsh too, why give lyrics credits?!

Cyan – Bryn Apprill
Chuchu – Alexis Tipton
Retoree – Caitlin Glass
Moa – Monica Rial
SYU☆ZO – Vic Mignogna
Kai – Ricco Fajardo
Riku – Micah Solusad
Crow – Mike McFarland
Aion – Jerry Jewell
Yaiba – Ian Sinclair
Rom – Chris Sabat
Maple – Sonny Strait
Angelica – Rachel Robinson
Strawberry Heart – Justin Cook —

ADR Director – Caitlin Glass
Writers: Rachel Robinson, Mike McFarland
Lyrics: Brina Palencia, Vic Mignogna - See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015...nouncements-at-a-kon-26/#sthash.pIyvJkMc.dpuf

Thanks for the list. Sadly I dont recognize all these new VA's except Monica Real.
I trust that they will do justice to one of the cutest anime ever made.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 12

Great Scott! Gendo Ikari actually praised Shinji in this episode! And here I was thinking that there wasn't going to be any father-son bonding in this! Good on ya Shinji! If you continue to get in that robot, I'm sure you'll repair your relationship with your father in no time!

How long before everything goes to Hell?

Maybe it already has :O

ibyea

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 12

Great Scott! Gendo Ikari actually praised Shinji in this episode! And here I was thinking that there wasn't going to be any father-son bonding in this! Good on ya Shinji! If you continue to get in that robot, I'm sure you'll repair your relationship with your father in no time!

How long before everything goes to Hell?

By praise you mean back handed compliment or was it an actual praise but done in a stoic manner so that he can praise while still maintaining plausible deniability of not giving a fuck?

(as you can tell, I really hate that man ^_^)

cajunator

Banned
I'm glad I kept watching Shokugeki no Soma. Soma has some cojones.

He does.
i really feel like this is the worthy successor to Yakitate Japan. It feels so similar. Except the stakes are even higher in Soma.

kMx6DXo.png

I did not need this after reading that SnS extra earlier today.

Nor seeing manly Gin and naked Soma interacting with each other.

Shinomiya being a total ass brings back some memories.

Can't wait for all those new goodies next week.

2V2wg65.gif

She's still a bitch and must be defeated. Cant fool me!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess we're going with mana transfer...blobs this time.

Except this was how it played out in the VN as well.

I mean, no it isn't. They retconned it in Realta Nua but that doesn't mean the original text doesn't exist just because they wanted to bleach the original version's underpants.

cajunator

Banned
Soooo actually I am one of the panelists for Boobs, Butts, or Twintails along with my wife and one of our (female) friends. My wife and I went to a panel at a local con that was literally a bunch of dudes ogling boobs, and we spent the entire panel thinking of ways to make it not awful and maybe subversive. It's basically just a character identification gameshow where the hints should be obvious from the title of the panel. We were pretty militant about making sure it's not exploity or gross. The lewd title is there to lure people in. I promise it's not just gross pander bait, the entire point is to subvert their expectation that it's GOING to be that. We use a lot of characters from minority populations, and like... Chi from Chi's Sweet Home's butt, or Machinehead from Redline's (manly) boobs. It's basically a covert SJW panel.

And FWIW, the first time we ran it it wasn't 18+. We basically wanted to do it 18+ so we could curse and weren't showing boobs to teens.

i figured it had some sort of purpose and was satire. Doubt that a panel committee would just allow vapid boob and butt ogling and waste a timeslot. Its a pretty hilarious idea actually. I wish yall luck with its success.

I'd been rolling things around in my head all day trying to find something to say here since this is something of an important post on your behalf. He's the one that pushed me towards giving Sailor Moon a proper chance to the point I even watched the toku series and bought all the manga. As it were though, I still haven't finished the last 17 eps of the show due to obvious reasons. I can't help but imagine he'd roll his eyes at me for putting the show off yet again as I was rather wont to do when watching it more "actively." That and finishing the manga are both things I'm planning to finally do this summer thanks to his influence. I'll be glad to have finally met that expectation.
Sailor Moon R finally comes out soon on bluray and I bought in so I have no more excuses! Ill just have to slog through it like a champ.

Baalzebup

Trying out some new shows.

Seraph of the End 01-02

01 - Cool opening and premise, wonder how they are going to f it up. Generic male lead too. Interesting ending.

02 - wait.... after all that in the opening.... it turned out to be just another high school show........ fuck this. Like seriously the brainstorming session to turn that opening, into a high school show about a few powerful kids must have been half a minute long.

Nah, it just strays into high school mode for a bit. The current episodes, for example, are about a full scale battle going on. For all its flaws, being a high school show is not one of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
2 years of blobs made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Sabre.

(It's Rin)

I will give them some credit for at least making their reactions to scene at least make some sense.

cajunator

Banned
my goal is to get 10 people banned next season

summer

will
be
fun

TUSR WHY D:

Started and finished Your Lie in April today. Really amazing series, definitely my favorite show of the year. First time I shed some tears since like Clannad: AS.

Im saving this show and Lull in the sea for marathons for maximum feels. Some shows just have to be watched all at once. I know little about either one so I am excited!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait why does Rin need Shirou's mana? Or is Shirou getting Rin's mana?

It amuses me when I see people refer to Saber as Sabre and Me as Saber.

Haly's post gave me a visual of me getting banged by Shirou.

Arcadius

Banned
More updates on my blog. Actually managed to visit 6 places in 1 single day when I were in Tokyo, so that was hectic :p

Studio Ghibli Buildings

Shaft Building

Shirobako - Bones Building

Shounen Hollywood - Harajuku Station

Love Live Shop

Clannad - School Building

Woaaaah, this is amazing! Love the Studio Ghibli and Clannad pictures!!! I feel like I've asked this before, but do you live in Japan or are you taking a vacation there currently? Thanks for taking these pictures, love 'em all!

cajunator

Banned
Shuffle! ep.1-6
14e7b9447c86275ebb4aae11a04ec654.jpg

So I got through about 6 episodes so far and Rin has got himself a nice little harem already. They are all "childhood friends" so I'm not sure how this will work out, but hopefully, Kaede wins because it's like they are already married. The humor here is keeping me involved because everything else is blah. I mean, he can become a king. During our "harem talk" the other night I thought thus dude made a quick decision, but I don't know, we'll see what happens. I'm routing for wifey. The other 4 need to back off. The familiar sounding English VA's are throwing me off though, lol. Well, it's entertaining so far, but let's see if it gets good at some point..

Shuffle is a strange creature. It doesnt really go where you would expect a cute colorful show like this to go.
you should watch Angel Tales, which came out around tge time when there was some sort of harem arms race to put as many waifus into a show as possible.
and then you have Negima...

Thanks to Hito for forcing me to watch this, went on to buy the gorgeous nozomi boxsets

Try to track down the original boxsets for a real challenge! The movie comes with them.

Arabesque

I guess we're going with mana transfer...blobs this time.

The DEEN Dolphin was so much cuter. Another point in favour of the movie

I mean, no it isn't. They retconned it in Realta Nua but that doesn't mean the original text doesn't exist just because they wanted to bleach the original version's underpants.

But it is in this case. This anime is an adaptation of the Realta Nua version, which is the revised version that Type-Moon uses as basis for any future work they bring out. The original version obviously is still out there, but thinking any of its content would've made into the anime adaptations is foolish when RN is the version being pushed to the forefront.

Wait why does Rin need Shirou's mana? Or is Shirou getting Rin's mana?

Shirou getting Rin's mutated, green spermy mana. Its cause he needs a power source for his new super magic.

Phatmac

Always had a problem with the dolphins and the whole scene and ufo didn't try to make it better. I'm honestly disappointed that he didn't try to create a tender moment between these two and instead just did the typical dolphin scene. They could've delved further into Rin's memories and had Shirou ask important questions to further develop their relationship but nope it's just Rin being a typical tsundere. We're near the end and they've yet to kiss or do anything romantic since episode 13. Hell, Saber got a better kind moment with Shirou with so little time in the episode when compared to Rin. This is probably the worst episode of the whole series considering how close we are to the end. At least the worst part is out of the way.

Woaaaah, this is amazing! Love the Studio Ghibli and Clannad pictures!!! I feel like I've asked this before, but do you live in Japan or are you taking a vacation there currently? Thanks for taking these pictures, love 'em all!

They're pictures from my May trip to Japan. I don't live there.

cajunator

Banned
I agree with this sentiment. Very feminine men or actually transgendered characters are fine. This wishy-washy fetishy zone that a lot of Japanese media fall into is just.....ugh. I at least wish it wasn't so prevalent either in number or relatively speaking.

The art was more consistent and the animation WAY better in the OVA but besides those I preferred the TV series adaptation. I wish DP wasn't SO faithful so the manga as to include Super Sayian Dio though.

You really couldn't just say he looks goofy to you? You really had to go there? Really?

Again I bring up Shangri La. Its basically a better Elysium. Not that that feat is difficult but it was way more enjoyable.
Kuniko vs Sango from Inuyasha would be an interesting fight.
Actually Shangri La did a lot of things differently.
wish more people would watch it.

I'm torn between those and the blu-ray sets that just happen to total like SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS

600$ is nothing to get a holy grail item. DO IT

Baalzebup

Always had a problem with the dolphins and the whole scene and ufo didn't try to make it better. I'm honestly disappointed that he didn't try to create a tender moment between these two and instead just did the typical dolphin scene. They could've delved further into Rin's memories and had Shirou ask important questions to further develop their relationship but nope it's just Rin being a typical tsundere. We're near the end and they've yet to kiss or do anything romantic since episode 13. Hell, Saber got a better kind moment with Shirou with so little time in the episode when compared to Rin. This is probably the worst episode of the whole series considering how close we are to the end. At least the worst part is out of the way.

I'll have to agree with this. They could easily have made the scene far more meaningful and intimate, instead of using nonsensical symbolism. Sure, don't even imply bumping uglies, but there are so many ways people can be just *close* to each without anything actively sexual going on that going with this kind of presentation is wasteful.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time

Ahhhhhh!!! Thank the stars that last episode went the way it did. If it didn't, I would have been absolutely upset with the outcome; so happy it ended the way it did! /phew

Now that that's out of the way, Golden Time!

The story revolves around Tada Banri; recently graduated from high school,
he was injured in an unfortunate accident, causing all of his memories to be forgotten
. When we meet him, he's in Tokyo attending a private Law School.

With Tada Banri, we have the beautiful, intoxicatingly clingy, absolutely amazing Kaga Kouko. It's pretty easy for me to say that I love her. The clingy attribute is something I absolutely like and a girl like Kaga, just amazing really! For the rest of the cast we have Yanagisawa Mitsuo, Linda, Oka Chinami and 2D Kun. Except for 2D Kun, everyone goes through troubles and issues of their own, sometimes involving Tada Banri, other times involving other members of the gang.

I enjoyed the way the story went. Although if the last episode didn't happen like it did, I would have been absolutely infuriated with this anime; it'd be the first anime that I have serious issues with, because
happy endings
are the best endings!

The seiyu in Golden Time did a fantastic job. Aside from when Tada Banri has to scream, the seiyu do a good job. I enjoyed listening to them all and the way that they all handle certain scenes, really moving performances at times. Their ability to change expressions in their voice, really lends to the talent involved for sure, so again, amazing performance.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the same about the animation. It's the first anime I've seen where I feel like, "you know, this really isn't all that amazing". It's not bad, but I can't say it's incredible. With the animation is the art style used too, and it was okay as well. Colors used were nice, mostly vibrant with popping colors, it's very pleasing to watch. Sometimes the way scenes were animated, it made Golden Time look older than the year it was really aired in, I found that interesting.

The music in Golden Time is pretty good though. Both Endings and both Openings used are phenomenal pieces of music and I listened to them over and over and over again. The ambient sounds in Golden Time were nice, but like most anime, I was either caught up in the experience, or in this case, losing my mind over the last 4 episodes and the arc about Tada Banri that I didn't really listen to the music. Even though that may be true, I still feel like what I did hear and what was used, was very good indeed. Big props to the OP and ED though, freaking amazing.

I really enjoyed the Tea Club scenes in Golden Time, every time the Tea Club was involved, I couldn't help but just laugh out loud in hysterical fashion, they're truly funny and I'm glad they were apart some good moments. Even though I feel like the animation was lacking, there were great reaction faces and other moments in which hysterical moments were created. A lot of funny and plain out fun can be experienced watching Golden Time, so that's always a plus!

Overall, Golden Time is a good anime, though if you plan to watch it, please don't go to bed if you're reaching episode 20. Unless you like the way that type of story goes, finish the entire thing, because what they (Producers/Writers) tried to pull was awful and not needed at all. It did end the way I wanted it to and because of that (very selfish reason I know), I give this anime a huge thumbs up. All the stories told, the arcs that we go through, I feel like they're really well done. I believe thanks is in order to Death for the recommendation, no idea why people thought I would be ruined by watching this one.

Kaga Kouko <3!!

Note: Ever since I've watched Toradora!, I feel like I've seen all the anime since then (Clannad and ~After Story~ excluded). I have this strong case of déjà vu type of dreams and even though I know I've never seen things like Toraodra or Golden Time, it feels like I have because I "remember" some things about them. Pretty scary stuff, since I have trouble actually recalling the déjà vu dreams themselves.

Koko and 2dkun makes it worth it I guess but rarely has a show aggravated me so intensely with a character in it that I love so much. As for OP #2...im afraid you might be alone liking that particular music Arcadius.

Gonna be fun
74lbN3ml.png

I love Illya's reaction face so much. Literally "what the fuck am I watching?"
Cant wait for more of it, though please be mindful of posting gifs from this show.

Angry Grimace

The DEEN Dolphin was so much cuter. Another point in favour of the movie

But it is in this case. This anime is an adaptation of the Realta Nua version, which is the revised version that Type-Moon uses as basis for any future work they bring out. The original version obviously is still out there, but thinking any of its content would've made into the anime adaptations is foolish when RN is the version being pushed to the forefront.

Shirou getting Rin's mutated, green spermy mana. Its cause he needs a power source for his new super magic.
You're making a technical argument just so you can argue and tell people they are wrong. They weren't talking about the bleached underpants version of the VN and arguing whether this is an adaptation of that version or not is silly since this one hardcore sex scene is literally the only difference between versions of the VN.

Arabesque

Always had a problem with the dolphins and the whole scene and ufo didn't try to make it better. I'm honestly disappointed that he didn't try to create a tender moment between these two and instead just did the typical dolphin scene.

The entire way the scene was written was always dodgy, but this is what happens in such cases. I think they handled the scene well enough personally.

They could've delved further into Rin's memories and had Shirou ask important questions to further develop their relationship but nope it's just Rin being a typical tsundere. We're near the end and they've yet to kiss or do anything romantic since episode 13.

That would require them to actually deviate from the VN and try and expand on what's there, so there was never any chance of that happening.

Hell, Saber got a better kind moment with Shirou with so little time in the episode when compared to Rin.

Only the best for Takeuchi's wife. Gotta remember who is the one that gets a new figurine each year.

This is probably the worst episode of the whole series considering how close we are to the end.

Eh, it really wasn't? I actually think it was one of the better episodes in the second half, and it was still pretty entertaining.

At least the worst part is out of the way.

*cough*
Gilgamesh vs Shirou/Rin saving Shinji/Archer
*cough*

Phatmac

I'll have to agree with this. They could easily have made the scene far more meaningful and intimate, instead of using nonsensical symbolism. Sure, don't even imply bumping uglies, but there are so many ways people can be just *close* to each without anything actively sexual going on that going with this kind of presentation is wasteful.
Yeah it's a shame considering how strong their chemistry is when they simply talk about important issues. Rin is the only main love interest that truly wishes the best for Shirou and being with him in order to fill his life with fun moments in order to help his survivor's guilt. They've had strong moments through out this series which makes their relationship credible but this dolphin garbage is supposed to be one of them? No way. It's another example of being to faithful to the VN Realtia version instead of just creating a new better moment between the two. I'm wondering if the two will even kiss before this is over.

Exalted

Just wondering for the people that are still watchin Arslan Senki, did it get any bether ?
I only watched the first 4 ep, but didn't really like the batlles, they were very rough visually and it also didn't help that they were all reverse hype, with the Arslan side losing and looking incopetent in the process, and the MC being completely useless and naive .
I think i droped the series at the episode where the city has fallen in a low budget battle, and the defenders looked completely clueless, and when they started killing eveyone , i just couldn't watch it anymore.

While i said alot of negative things about the show, i'm still a complete sucker for these type of fantasy war shows :s So I'm curious did or does the MC have any charachter progresion, and becomes more likable, and does he or his side become more compentent and smart?

Yahari / SNAFU S2 Ep. 10

tumblr_npfuo93jYk1rmzw91o1_540.gif

Now we're getting to the "romantic" part of "romantic comedy".

Lots of character development in this episode. Each of the girls moved forward, and even Orimoto's arc got some closure. Got to see another one of Iroha's rejections too. Getting closer and closer to the eventual "yes" I hope haha. I felt bad for her when she started to cry though :(

Even though I thought Yukino would absolutely eviscerate the jazz hands stuco prez, it was still nice to see how she shut him down. Maybe its the Hachiman effect? I do have to admit that the resolution to the christmas event was underwhelming. It was pretty much handwaved through a montage and I thought Iroha would play a bigger role in the resolution. The pacing was crazy fast.

Rumi is cool. I wish there was more of her. She really is like a little Yukino and the banter between the two is really fun.

Lots of little things I liked. Yui and Yukino's cold war in the club room. Yukino definitely felt jealous when Haruno mentioned Hikki and Yui went shopping alone. Yui continues to be adorable. Their little shopping date was full of awesome Yui moments.

Looks like the last arc of this season will be the conflict between Yukino and her mom. I'm really interested in learning more about Hayama's relationship with both Yukino and Haruno. I feel like there was a love triangle there in the past.

As discussed earlier, Komachi is the fucking best. Truly the best girl in the show, but for non romantic reasons.

It seems like Kekkai Sensen is going to have a recap episode next week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/some_one11/status/607249095120416768

I wonder if this has anything to do with the anime original content. Are they padding out time in order to rearrange some of the anime original content for a second season? I mean the series has been doing really well in preorders, a change of heart?

but numerous other anime that got no sequels had episode 10.5s too?

cajunator

Banned
Check out Princess Tutu.

seconded. Incredible ending.
watch the dub.

Eurojank and Mobage run this community now

i dont have a clue what these terms mean?

Wow Arslan's new OP and ED are getting a major boost.

Nico Touches the Wall-OP

Kalafina- ED

lol

Whatever Yuki Kajiura touches musically turns to gold.

So, I slept through the drama I started but rest assured I used the term "trap" specifically in regards to this pathetic anime trope. I won't use it again though, considering, the negative connotation.

You didnt use it in a derogatory manner so dont worry about it.

Angry Grimace

Yeah it's a shame considering how strong their chemistry is when they simply talk about important issues. Rin is the only main love interest that truly wishes the best for Shirou and being with him in order to fill his life with fun moments in order to help his survivor's guilt. They've had strong moments through out this series which makes their relationship credible but this dolphin garbage is supposed to be one of them? No way. It's another example of being to faithful to the VN Realtia version instead of just creating a new better moment between the two. I'm wondering if the two will even kiss before this is over.

I mean they run off to live together in a foreign country. I don't know much more explicit they need to be.

Phatmac

The entire way the scene was written was always dodgy, but this is what happens in such cases. I think they handled the scene well enough personally.

That would require them to actually deviate from the VN and try and expand on what's there, so there was never any chance of that happening.

Hell, Saber got a better kind moment with Shirou with so little time in the episode when compared to Rin.

Only the best for Takeuchi's wife. Gotta remember who is the one that gets a new figurine each year.

This is probably the worst episode of the whole series considering how close we are to the end.

Eh, it really wasn't? I actually think it was one of the better episodes in the second half, and it was still pretty entertaining.

*cough*
Gilgamesh vs Shirou/Rin saving Shinji/Archer
*cough*
They've already diverged from the VN in a big way with Avalon being important in the Archer fight. Not to mention the number of callbacks to Fate/Zero in the anime which wasn't in the VN. It'd be happy with some small changes in the dolphin scene considering this is suppose to be an intimate moment before they go to war. Just have the mana scene and some more dialogue between them and a kiss to confirm their feelings. Maybe even just sleeping in the same bed and cuddling to confirm their love before entering the biggest battle of their lives. I'm disappointed that they didn't try any of this.

Phatmac

I mean they run off to live together in a foreign country. I don't know much more explicit they need to be.
I love the end of the VN for UBW but I'd just like an on screen kiss or something to confirm their feelings for each other without words. We'll see if they do one last thing to payoff their relationship but I'm not hopeful about it.

Arabesque

You're making a technical argument just so you can argue and tell people they are wrong. They weren't talking about the bleached underpants version of the VN and arguing whether this is an adaptation of that version or not is silly since this one hardcore sex scene is literally the only difference between versions of the VN.

There are other dialogue changes as well between the two versions and additional content in RN but I'm sure you'll say it's me being technical for the sake of argument.

In any case, sure, original 18+ version and the revised RN version are largely the same. The key difference is of course one had been getting ported everywhere and remains in the spotlight while the other had been ignored. And if you don't think that they are using RN as a basis for all the anime adaptations thus far I don't really know what to say other than comparing what you've been seeing thus far in all Fate animated adaptions.

SNAFU Too 10

Hmm, the Hayamas are a family friend of the Yukinoshitas, Yukino is pained to see her mother, and her mother is wearing a traditional kimono for a meeting with Hayato's family. I'm guessing arranged marriage?

Holy shit. This changes everything.

I really hope Hachiman doesn't "save" Yukino but instead helps her to stand up for herself.

cajunator

Banned
Yahari S2 - 10

v8NKDXP.gif

Komachi glorious wingman. Did the Sargeras of Yahari just show up? That stare, now you fucked up, you don't use Batman as bait

none of this makes sense but I feel like Im missing out on something big here.

Yuru Yuri 3rd season (YuruYuri San Hai!) broadcast starting this October. August, September brand new Nachuyachumi+ anime broadcast planned (1 ep/month) with new (theme) songs. According to reports from the event.

http://yuruyuri.com/blog/archives/2987

ohhhhhh yes! Anime is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom