• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Edit: Oh nice, Aldnoah.Zero Vol. 1 BD coming July 21st.

yeplyst8.png

FYI the first season is finally getting a BD release in September from Sentai.

Yeah. I ordered it. Snafu has been in my cart over a year but dvd only.

Andrew J.

Go! Princess Precure 19

Prince Kanata has a little sister who mysteriously went missing
and is clearly not Twilight/Cure Scarlet. There's no way that would be possibly happen. It's obviously going to happen, but it's the journey, not the destination, that matters. It's Toei's chance to do Regina better.
The treasure hunt aspect of the episode was alright, but the ground that it's laying for future events is far more interesting.

If you mean Toei's chance to do Eas worse, then sure.

Rainy

Banned
Cajun don't watch Aldnoah, it's not worth it!

Steins;Gate 23-24 (END)

Well not really the end, have an OVA left on the Blu-Ray but I'll save that for another day.

I had a pretty good feeling that Okabe would be the one who stabbed Kurisu in some weird way, and my hunch was right on the money. I didn't see the argument with her father coming though. For a second when he stabbed himself to recreate the blood at the scene I thought he might die, but he came too far for that to happen. The ending scene with Okabe and Kurisu put a giant smile on my face ahhh.

All in all I really loved this series. It definitely started off slow but man when it picks up, it goes crazy. One of my all time favorites now.
Is the movie as good as the series? Also I plan on picking up the VN for Vita, I heard that it expands a lot on the story, so I'm looking forward to it.

So.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgouXrkye20

Is the movie as good as the series? Also I plan on picking up the VN for Vita, I heard that it expands a lot on the story, so I'm looking forward to it.

The film is pretty mediocre, which is not surprising considering it's a forced and unnecessary sequel to a finished story.

Moaradin

Steins;Gate movie is pretty decent. It's kinda unnecessary but it ties into some themes decent enough and it doesn't ruin anything at least. Still waiting on Funimation to release it so I can watch it again. Don't like the sub voices :/

Phatmac

I'd recommend folks play the VN of steins;gate as it has different scenarios that aren't in the anime. Hopefully the U.S. release date is announced soon for the Sony versions.

cj_iwakura

Sega Hard Girls 11-12

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Sega only allowed all the classic stuff to get shown off so the creators would shill for their mobile tie-ins, hence the 'Shining Force'(blech) and Chain Chronicle eps.

That said, this being shown with the Streets of Rage BGM made up for it.

Steins;Gate movie is pretty decent. It's kinda unnecessary but it ties into some themes decent enough and it doesn't ruin anything at least. Still waiting on Funimation to release it so I can watch it again. Don't like the sub voices :/

Yeah, this. It's not a butchering like Rebellion. It's a nice switch on the themes in the anime's true end.

I'd go see a dub in theaters on day one.

Mandelbo

I have rediscovered the reason why I didn't like Seitokai Yakuindomo very much; it's because I watched Mitsudomoe beforehand. It didn't stand a chance.

I have rediscovered the reason why I didn't like Seitokai Yakuindomo very much; it's because I watched Mitsudomoe beforehand. It didn't stand a chance.

Oh yeah, it'd be a rough drop going from the heights of Mitsudomoe to Seitokai Yakuindomo, even the earlier seasons of SYD where it was actually funny.

cj_iwakura

Sega Hard Girls - End

Nice melancholic ending, about what I expected. It didn't have the brilliance of the first half, but worth finishing.

Little did they know that Dreamcast-san would be the death of them all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I honestly didn't think a mostly throwaway shot like Denpa Kyoushi would do something like this, even if it's in the most generic way possible:

Yvfh4YVl.png

I mean, you go from an arc about a girl who doesn't talk because she sounds like an anime character to this? Strange, to say the least.

ibyea

Banned
Gankutsuo, or Count of Monte Cristo IN SPAAACCEEEEE 3-6
Visuals still trip me out, seriously.
That visit to the count's house is the trippiest one yet, from the overwhelming eye blinding yellow to the surreal fog sea thing with mechanical sky thing. The clothes though man, they are the trippiest.

Great show so far. Monte Cristo really gets into your mind when he wants to screw you over. So far Monte Cristo plant the seeds of his revenge while Albert has to face uncomfortable truths about aristocracy and his mother that somehow he has been shielded from.

Kill La Kill 17

"My sister died because of CLOTHES"

okay show dial it back

Sword Art Online II 10

Okay, this episode pissed me off to no end. Not only because of the cringy dialogue ("I don't care if I live or die so long as I'm the best at an MMO!") but it just reinforces how Sinon is nothing more than a vehicle to make Kirito look cool. She basically crumbles into a pile of tears and need the healing powers of Kirito's dick to continue on. I don't mind characters that face moments of weakness while they are trying to cope with a past trauma, but not when the reason is for another character to save them.

Also fuck that whole cave scene. Fuck it with a rusty chainsaw.

I honestly didn't think a mostly throwaway shot like Denpa Kyoushi would do something like this, even if it's in the most generic way possible:

Yvfh4YVl.png

I mean, you go from an arc about a girl who doesn't talk because she sounds like an anime character to this? Strange, to say the least.

This character is by far the most tolerable character in the series (at least in the manga). Though he is also the cause of the mini-arc that made most of us Manga readers to stop reading it for awhile. Luckily for you the anime should never get close to that mini-arc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This character is by far the most tolerable character in the series (at least in the manga). Though he is also the cause of the mini-arc that made most of us Manga readers to stop reading it for awhile. Luckily for you the anime should never get close to that mini-arc.
As someone who isn't spoilerphobic, what happens in the manga that would make someone drop the book?

Mr.Jeff

Steins;Gate movie is a waste of time. It begins with an interesting plot device to start but by the halfway mark the film runs out time to finish it in a coherent manner. It just ends with "and that's why everything is all fine again" without doing anything to explain why it should be.

Thoraxes: Considering how garbage Graces F and Xillia were, we should be grateful they didn't decide to inflict a tv series of those on anyone.

Euphonium confirmed for 13 broadcast episodes. Here's titles and staff for ep 10-13

Ep 10:
Straightforward Trumpet
Script: Jukki Hanada
Storyboards/Episode Director: Takuya Yamamura
Animation Directors: Kazumi Ikeda, Seiichi Akitake

Ep 11:
Audition Results
Storyboards/Episode Director: Ai Yukimura
Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno

Ep 12:
My Euphonium
Storyboards/Episode Director: Yoshiji Kigami (credited as Ichirou Miyoshi)
Animation Director: Nobaru Maruki

Ep 13:
Goodbye Concert
Storyboards: Naoko Yamada
Episode Director: Eisaku Kawanami
Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama

Aki-at

Sega Hard Girls 11-12

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Sega only allowed all the classic stuff to get shown off so the creators would shill for their mobile tie-ins, hence the 'Shining Force'(blech) and Chain Chronicle eps.

Yes but Chain Chronicle is awesome! :D

Reminded me of another series I need to finish off viewing, I know what I'm doing tonight.

jgminto

Baby Steps 2 10
6wVmDSB.png

"For the love of God, don't turn around..."
I'm fairly sure that episode was over 60% pure still shots, they didn't even bother to put generic speed after effects on most of them!

Acosta

Hey guys, I'm in the mood so watch something complete. I have free time (yay) before two very stressing weeks at work ahead (sigh).

I have kept a list of things I coul watch, anyone kind enough to make a suggestion?

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
Escaflowne

No need to add more, any suggestion is appreciated. I would like to watch something really special today. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm in the mood so watch something complete. I have free time (yay) before two very stressing weeks at work ahead (sigh).

I have kept a list of things I coul watch, anyone kind enough to make a suggestion?

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Escaflowne

No need to add more, any suggestion is appreciated. I would like to watch something really special today. Thanks in advance!

Watch Samurai X Trust & Betrayal. It's short and probably the best thing on that list. Though that's a strong list of titles in general.

Tales of Zestiria TV anime by ufotable announced for 2016. http://20th-anime.tales-ch.jp/ (site up in 2 hours I think)

https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/607503025956003840

A new Tales TV series animated by Ufotable?

Yes please! :D

Considering how garbage Graces F and Xillia were, we should be grateful they didn't decide to inflict a tv series of those on anyone.

I would have loved a Graces anime just so I could see your reactions to the ending, provided any of you lasted that long.

It's a shame the story of that one is as bad as it is, because it has the best battle system of all the 3D Tales games.

Seriously, I've sat through the plot of that game like, three times on NG+ to unlock as many of the titles that I could so I could get all the attacks.

It's my favourite entry in the franchise. :)

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Escaflowne

Samurai X trust and Betrayal

Then watch escaflowne..

Finish with Gurren laggan

Assasination classroom - 20

Cross-dressing nagisa is Best Nagisa.
Clearly the only good thing nagisa mom ever did while raising him.

Cornbread78

Will only watch tales of zestia anime if we get toz ps4

Is it bad that I just read that real quick as Tales of Hestia?

Have they given a firm NA release date for Zestiria PS4 yet?

I would have loved a Graces anime just so I could see your reactions to the ending, provided any of you lasted that long.
:)

Well I still want to know how the
little purple haired baby existed in the normal ending, but it's never explained. . Did she turn human?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom