• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm in the mood so watch something complete. I have free time (yay) before two very stressing weeks at work ahead (sigh).

I have kept a list of things I coul watch, anyone kind enough to make a suggestion?

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
Escaflowne

No need to add more, any suggestion is appreciated. I would like to watch something really special today. Thanks in advance!

Samurai X trust and Betrayal

Then watch escaflowne..

Then watch Gurren laggan

Then finish with Gunbuster

Personally, I think that would offer a better experience, but that's just me.

Well I still want to know how the
little purple haired baby existed in the normal ending, but it's never explained. . Did she turn human?

I'm pretty sure that's
Asbel and Cheria's kid. Or grandkid, depending on how much time has passed. I'm pretty sure Sophie is still immortal.

UNlimited Blade Works - 22

Fate%20Stay%20Night%20-%20Unlimited%20Blade%20Works%20-%2022.jpg

Right , Right ?

Clueless shirou is something i've learned to accept , and everyone else should.
Flustered Rin is still the best character of this nasu-verse.

Grzi

Hey guys, I'm in the mood so watch something complete. I have free time (yay) before two very stressing weeks at work ahead (sigh).

I have kept a list of things I coul watch, anyone kind enough to make a suggestion?

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
Escaflowne

No need to add more, any suggestion is appreciated. I would like to watch something really special today. Thanks in advance!

Giant Robo
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Escaflowne
Samurai X
The Big O
Kara No Kyoukai

From best to worst, although all of them are great (except Kara No Kyoukai, which has good moments but also some that are pretty bad).
I still haven't seen Black Lagoon so I can't comment on that one.

Cornbread78

I'm pretty sure that's
Asbel and Cheria's kid. Or grandkid, depending on how much time has passed. I'm pretty sure Sophie is still immortal.

How do u get an answer to that, lol? That drove me nuts, wasn't Sophie a
non-human
and she had the purple hair. Sheri would have deserved it, but those childhood friends. .

I'm vaguely surprised they didn't start making withdrawals from the Tsukihime bank.
That bank account is the secret saving in case of emmergencies.
They still have primas illya, carnival phantasma S4 , heaven feel movies + NEW TV series and the other things with luvia.
The money printer is still working properly.
Rider and Waver want to talk with you

Moe Rider is second best..

------------------------
Danmachi - 10
Bell-kun is tooo OP , please NERF !

Wait , don't nerf him , he is fine as it is.

Jarmel

Banned
Trigger might be announcing a new show next Saturday.

They have something listed as "Redacted" for AnimeNext. So announcement probably incoming.

Kansoku

Hitsugi no Chaika + ~Avenging Battle~

This was surprisingly awesome. The world is really interesting, I would love to see more of it. The battles are amazing, great flow, some creative victories. The story is ok, nothing too amazing, but interesting enough to keep you intrigued. Sound design is really good too. I like the characters as well, they're all interesting, with different personalities, and I found their design good as well. And since I saw everyone doing it when it was released, here's the Chaika rankings:

White Chaika >>>>>>>>> Red Chaika > Half Chaika >>>>>>>>> Black Chaika > Blue Chaika

White Chaika is too damn cute, I just want to hug her so much.

EDIT: Forgot to say, the best thing is that people talk in this shit. Met the "enemy"? Talk and trade information. So good, everyone is up to par with what's happening.

Clov

The humor is amusing for like the length of a youtube video, but then somebody decided to make a whole series out of it.

Yeah, that's pretty fair. I didn't mind as much with Inferno Cop just because of how short it was, and while Ninja Slayer has its moments, it's a bit too long for what it is.

Kansoku

I'm not part of the AnimeGAF group that finds Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer entertaining.

Wow I'm not the only one. Everyone was going nuts over Inferno Cop so i decided to watch it. The best parts I had already seen in GIF form so it was bad,

Thinking about it, this happens frequently with comedy show. I see a couple of gifs here, think "wow this is funny", watch the show and it turns out the best parts were those gifs and the rest is not so funny. Happened with Sabagebu, Yuyushiki, Kin'iro Mosaic and Kill me Baby.

Tuck

F/SN UBW - 22
Rin was fucking horrible in this episode. I wish I could write out every single stupid line of dialogue, but I'm pretty sure I'd be transcribing half the episode.

Boring. Gil was cool at that end though. Can't wait for this to be done.

Jarmel

Banned
Show By Rock -10
d388XnE.jpg

hahahaha
I'm crying so hard.
I'm honestly stupefied how good the show is at times for something that is essentially an expansion of mofu fetishes. I thought for sure that
they were going to drag this shit out all the way to the rock festival. Instead they essentially wrapped it up here leading again to a 'music heals all wounds' type moment
. The show has been really solid at resolving emotional turmoil and turning it into character development. It doesn't wave off Chu-Chu's feelings but also doesn't protract it into long-standing melodrama either.
The direction during certain scenes has also been really capable, partially aided by the strong soundtrack. So many sequences could have fallen flat but instead have excelled.

Oh yea and the music at the end seems like it would have been totally awesome for a Mega Man game. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Quasar

Sidonia 2.09 - another alright episode.

Well given this show I could see this death happening pretty easily. probably a bluff though.

Having two people he gets close two die like that seems a bit overkill.

tsugumi continues to be cute.

Euphonium confirmed for 13 broadcast episodes. Here's titles and staff for ep 10-13

Ep 10:
Straightforward Trumpet
#Dead

Any episode we should look forward to considering directors and what's going to be adapted?

This season I watched.... just Fate and Shokugeki.

Did I miss out on anything?

How about Euphonium?

It's really good if you enjoy that kind of stuff. I'd recommend watching the first episode just to see if you like it

Whoa a whole bunch of Makoto Shinkai's stuff popped up on Crunchyroll a few days ago.

If anyone hasn't watched Garden of Words, they should only for the really gorgeous art.

Acosta

Samurai X 1-4

Jesus...This was very poetic and well executed, they went for a lot of detail for a simple story, making it richer.

I remember watching a few episodes of Rorouni Kenshin, but I don't remember it so serious.

How about Euphonium?

Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki are the best of the season definitely worth a watch. The former is like a Saturday Morning cartoon, Superhero TV show, or American TV. It's episodic but it does have a plot it's just told in a nonlinear path. Plus it has the best enjoyable cast and OST this season. The later is a coming of age type of story taking place in a historical but fantasy type of setting.

DanMachi is pretty much mediocre, it can be enjoyable but it doesn't have many redeeming qualities. It just lacks a lot of things, mostly bland.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

How about Euphonium?

I wouldn't say there were any earthshattering productions that needed to be abosultey watched this season. Euphonium on the one hand is a technical marvel that few anime could aspire to be and has some really solid direction, if you are not invested in the base subject matter it can be a bit of slog. Much more troubling is what should be the romantic subplots overwhelming every other aspect of the program. In particular that has been a recent development that seemingly favors the element of yuri that make flat out sink this show in the end.

I will mention that, while not the best show of the season, I might be the only one who recommends Mikagura, whatever demerits that show has are alleviated by have the best main character of the season.

Sailor Moon Crystal 23

This was probably one of the best episodes of Crystal, yeah low hanging fruit and all that but I still enjoyed it. Did Black Lady in the original series
have a desire to fuck her own father?
I know it wasn't in the DiC dub back in the day.

#Dead

Any episode we should look forward to considering directors and what's going to be adapted?

Honestly, the "worst" (and I use that lightly) part of all the staff listing is Kawanami as ED for ep 13 and that's not that bad. Yamamura and Yukimura have grown to be great EDs/storyboarders, so 10/11 should be very solid. Kigami is incredible at layouts and animation. Finally, Yamada storyboarding the finale should give it a fantastic layout/scheme. Kawanami is really solid as an AD, so it's not even that bad.

As for content, I'll TL the description for ep 13.
The time a band has on stage at a concert is "only 12 minutes," but when a band is performing, it feels like eternity... The band members spent all their adolescence practicing for those 12 minutes. North Uji's concert band's performance begins.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal 23

This was probably one of the best episodes of Crystal, yeah low hanging fruit and all that but I still enjoyed it. Did Black Lady in the original series
have a desire to fuck her own father?
I know it wasn't in the DiC dub back in the day.

It was kind of there but never like this, this is something that the anime did right by and ditched.

Wait, you like them tsundere chicks, huh?

I really don't mind tsundere , as long as they don't go too far .
To summarize , go tsundere , go kuudere , go yandere ..no problem , just don't cross the line.

Some character have crossed the line in many shows and that's an instant failure IMO.

Example of crossing the line : Kirino kousaka from Oreimo.

Acosta

How about Euphonium?

Euphonium, Dungeon ni Deai, SNAFU S2 and Kekkai Sensen, I have been watched these and really enjoyed them.

Euphonium has a lot of detail, it´s amazingly produced and have a nice narrative with likable and interesting characters. As slice of life around a music band and music in general, it is pretty great.

Dungeon ni Deai looks like a harem and the setting it´s basically a videogame, but the characters are great, it has fun moments and, surprisingly, some really awesome action scenes. It also has the cutest character of the season.

SNAFU S2 is really amazing, very intense slice of life with complicated characters and rich interactions. You have to watch S1 though.

Kekkai Sensen it´s more divisive but I have enjoyed it a lot. The setting is really interesting (a New York where dimensions have crossed so human live among aliens and all kind of creatures). It has some really great moments, the music is awesome and the characters are likable. It´s also disjointed in its story and sometimes it can be confusing, but the setting and character always makes me come back for more.

Saudades

I'm vaguely surprised they didn't start making withdrawals from the Tsukihime bank.
The VN remake hasn't come out yet has it?
I don't think Tsukihime has as large a fanbase as Fate. Tho if they do adapt Tsukihime I wouldn't be surprised if the Fate folks eat that up readily as well.
Trigger might be announcing a new show next Saturday.

They have something listed as "Redacted" for AnimeNext. So announcement probably incoming.
I can dream for a LWA TV anime, can't I?

Theonik

Show By Rock -10
I'm honestly stupefied how good the show is at times for something that is essentially an expansion of mofu fetishes. I thought for sure that
they were going to drag this shit out all the way to the rock festival. Instead they essentially wrapped it up here leading again to a 'music heals all wounds' type moment
. The show has been really solid at resolving emotional turmoil and turning it into character development. It doesn't wave off Chu-Chu's feelings but also doesn't protract it into long-standing melodrama either.
The direction during certain scenes has also been really capable, partially aided by the strong soundtrack. So many sequences could have fallen flat but instead have excelled.

Oh yea and the music at the end seems like it would have been totally awesome for a Mega Man game. And I mean that in the best way possible.
Your first mistake is starting by considering a show as 'Something for x fetishists' That's never a good attitude for watching anything.

Your second mistake is underestimating BONES.

Go_Ly_Dow

Depends on what you like. This season I just watched that dungeon harem and BBB. The latter was a huge disappointment.

#Dead

It's really good if you enjoy that kind of stuff. I'd recommend watching the first episode just to see if you like it

Well Euphonium, SNAFU, and My Story are all excellent.

Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki are the best of the season definitely worth a watch. The former is like a Saturday Morning cartoon, Superhero TV show, or American TV. It's episodic but it does have a plot it's just told in a nonlinear path. Plus it has the best enjoyable cast and OST this season. The later is a coming of age type of story taking place in a historical but fantasy type of setting.

DanMachi is pretty much mediocre, it can be enjoyable but it doesn't have many redeeming qualities. It just lacks a lot of things, mostly bland.

I wouldn't say there were any earthshattering productions that needed to be abosultey watched this season. Euphonium on the one hand is a technical marvel that few anime could aspire to be and has some really solid direction, if you are not invested in the base subject matter it can be a bit of slog. Much more troubling is what should be the romantic subplots overwhelming every other aspect of the program. In particular that has been a recent development that seemingly favors the element of yuri that make flat out sink this show in the end.

I will mention that, while not the best show of the season, I might be the only one who recommends Mikagura, whatever demerits that show has are alleviated by have the best main character of the season.

Euphonium, Dungeon ni Deai, SNAFU S2 and Kekkai Sensen, I have been watched these and really enjoyed them.

Euphonium has a lot of detail, it´s amazingly produced and have a nice narrative with likable and interesting characters. As slice of life around a music band and music in general, it is pretty great.

Dungeon ni Deai looks like a harem and the setting it´s basically a videogame, but the characters are great, it has fun moments and, surprisingly, some really awesome action scenes. It also has the cutest character of the season.

SNAFU S2 is really amazing, very intense slice of life with complicated characters and rich interactions. You have to watch S1 though.

Kekkai Sensen it´s more divisive but I have enjoyed it a lot. The setting is really interesting (a New York where dimensions have crossed so human live among aliens and all kind of creatures). It has some really great moments, the music is awesome and the characters are likable. It´s also disjointed in its story and sometimes it can be confusing, but the setting and character always makes me come back for more.

Thanks all for the responses.

Euphonium is a must then. Time to come out of the KyoAnus shelter!

Might get in to SNAFU S1 next season if things are dry.

Cheers.

Wish granted
YEAH
But it's done in the style of Inferno Cop
BLEH

--------------------------
Seraph of the end - 10

Good episode , but in an episode focused on a big fight like this , they cut corners left and right on the animation... that's DISAPOINTING , are they keeping some time for the next episode ? did theyt just throw this episode away ? Those still viewpoints with the camera shaking are pitifull

And it's a shame given that this arc isn't that bad.

Rin-Ne 9

Without having read the manga I can tell they're blazing though what was probably 4-6 chapters worth of content in a weekly magazine. Two completely separate stories tied together only by the fact they take place in the same day. I kind of wish holy ash guy wasn't so completely useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom