• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

lP90AMWl.png
5Coc2Apl.png
pNi9O5El.png

Kiniro Mosaic

This anime certainly teach me lot of british culture. We know that majority of British girl is blonde, blue eyes and wearing Union Jack somewhere. I wonder if American girl is blonde, blue eyes and wearing star and banners somewhere!

Other than that cute SoL. the comedy kinda stale around middle and at the end but cuteness can easily cover it

Yet some more updates on my blog today:
Clannad After Story - Train Station - Got just about every picture I wanted here, so this is the one I'm the most happy with.

Non Non Biyori - Candy Store

Steins;Gate - Akihabara Revisit

That Rapeseed field certainly nice place to visit

Jarmel

Banned
Your first mistake is starting by considering a show as 'Something for x fetishists' That's never a good attitude for watching anything.

Your second mistake is underestimating BONES.

It's a mobile-game inspired anime original adaptation where pretty much all the cast has animal parts. This is about as fuwa fuwa you can get. That doesn't obviously preclude it from being good but the designs are targeted towards a certain clientele.

And I have more than ample cases to underestimate BONES. Like I could literally write a book about it.

cajunator

Banned
:cajun

Oh here we go!

I dont remember how this started but its islly. Was it because I liked that one pic of the girl puking on the cat?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hey guys, I'm in the mood so watch something complete. I have free time (yay) before two very stressing weeks at work ahead (sigh).

I have kept a list of things I coul watch, anyone kind enough to make a suggestion?

The Big O
Giant Robo
Kara No Kyoukai
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon

Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
Escaflowne

No need to add more, any suggestion is appreciated. I would like to watch something really special today. Thanks in advance!

Watch the bolded.

duckroll

Why not just Tales of Zestiria the Animation. Tales of 20th Anniversary Animation is so freaking awkward sounding.

That's probably not the actual title of the show. They're announcing an animation project for the Tales of 20th Anniversary. It's also not specifically stated as a Tales of Zestiria TV series. They will announce more details later, this is just a teaser.

Saudades

I'm kinda praying that doesn't happen.
Yeah I think people wouldn't want Trigger to mar their only good property with a shoddily produced TV anime. But the bar is just too damn low now that I would grab on anything that could get me excited at all.

Jarmel

Banned
As much as I would shank someone for a super high quality Harry Potter TV anime, and despite LWA being the closest thing to that pipe dream, I don't think it would pan out.

I do want Yoshinari directing a TV anime though, and I think he probably will do it at some point or another.

TUSR

Banned
As much as I would shank someone for a super high quality Harry Potter TV anime, and despite LWA being the closest thing to that pipe dream, I don't think it would pan out.

I do want Yoshinari directing a TV anime though, and I think he probably will do it at some point or another.

Yes please.

A high quality TV anime requires a decent budget, and this is Trigger we're talking about.

Crocodile

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10

Man this episode was fucking hilarious. These characters just continue to be a joy to watch and interact. Don't really need to give even more praise to the setting or background - it should go without saying. It's not entirely clear how the B-plot will tie into the larger picture but I'll probably give this a rewatch when I have some more time.

Fuck off with a recap next week though. Is that taking up a legit episode slot or is it just a freebie episode and the show is still the 12-13 episodes it was always planned for this season. I want them to stick the landing and not have to rush it.

Wish granted

But it's done in the style of Inferno Cop

Buzz-Lightyear-Free-Falling-Nooooo-Reaction-Gif-In-Toy-Story-2.gif

It's a mobile-game inspired anime original adaptation where pretty much all the cast has animal parts. This is about as fuwa fuwa you can get. That doesn't obviously preclude it from being good but the designs are targeted towards a certain clientele.

And I have more than ample cases to underestimate BONES. Like I could literally write a book about it.

"Why BONES sucks Eggs"

By Jarmel

Hardcover Edition

I'm kinda praying that doesn't happen.

I used to think differently but now I agree. LWA still remians Trigger most positive contribution to the larger anime zeigest. If it became their "FLCL" or "Gunbuster" I think that would be the best case scenario for everybody involved.

Jarmel

Banned
The announcement or whatever next Saturday will probably be that Imaishi short thing airing in the Fall.

Watch it be Sex and Violence with Mach Speed Mark 2.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Season 1 was good as a standalone it's just that season 2 screws up pretty badly. Anyways I would also recommend you the manga because it's solid and one my favorite series, plus it's much superior to the anime. Also the anime doesn't include tarot cards like the manga does which helps with characterizing most of the cast.

First season is decent though it skips a lot and rearranges 2 arcs. Root A-the second season is an anime original route with non existent production values and awful story. Avoid.

There really isn't any horror. It's pretty much a straightforward battle shou... tfu seinen.

Got it, avoid root A and read the manga afterwards.
Tokyo Ghoul episode 2
I kinda wonder if this dude always planned on eating heida, because he looks to be legit friends with him, he established himself to be a pure asshole by the end of the episode so it isnt like the fuhrer in FMA blending in and not causing a scene.

Tokyo Ghoul 3
Uta's design strike's me as very...modern? No not modern, its like a design of a actual real person and what a real person dresses and looks like, atleast in that particular culture, like if you walk into a mask shop like that, you will see a person exactly like that. I actually really dig it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The VN remake hasn't come out yet has it?
I don't think Tsukihime has as large a fanbase as Fate. Tho if they do adapt Tsukihime I wouldn't be surprised if the Fate folks eat that up readily as well.

I can dream for a LWA TV anime, can't I?

Shiki can't kill servants.

Arslan Senki Episode 10

aEouel4.jpg

I wonder how much he benches.

It was a really good episode. I loved how it went in depth about the technicalities of slavery on how sometimes slaves rather not be freed. That being under a master is a better life than being free. Hodir got his sleezy ass handed to him by my boy Daryum, he definitely asked for it. Anyways the crew are traveling to a different location in order to gather more allies. Also Arslan is very well not related to Andragros (Former King of Pars).

It seems the adaption has gotten farther than the manga. I guess it's going into the Novel territory.

sonicmj1

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10

The entire Leo/Zapp/Zed plot was a lot of fun, loaded with the inventive visual gags and off-the-wall setting stuff that the series is known for. The opening scene in particular is one of the best in the show so far. But there's a ton of dead weight in this episode, and only some of it is the budget. I'm glad they're doing a recap next week, because I'd be worried about running into some kind of Wizard Barristers-level disaster without it.

sbKOUp8.jpg
JQCjfGl.jpg

These two cuts were used three or four times each in this episode. One of them was cleverly subverted once, but still...

Isn't the second one straight from the OP anyway?

The entire B-plot with Steven dealing with the HLPD and tracking down the armored suits serves to provide a little context to the stinger at the end of the opening, but considering that entire matter is resolved offscreen at the end of the episode, why even waste our time with it? There's a tiny bit of setting flavor with it, and I guess it puts them in touch with the caster group, but it's pretty much utterly void of comedy, tension, or meaning. Even in a show as aimless as this, it felt like nothing more than a way to fill the gaps in the A-plot of finding lunch. And doing that by explaining the punchline for the joke you just delivered is a real drag.

sqEetKU.jpg

I feel like them winding up at the exact same background store doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of them wandering the streets for food. But it's cheaper!

I'm glad the White/Black plot is finally reaching a head, because even with its weaknesses, it's the most emotionally resonant thing the show has going, as they're the only characters that have been getting development over the course of the entire show. If the recap gives them the time they need to make something attractive, it might actually be a pretty great ending.

Acosta

Giant Robo

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations. I plan to watch everything on that list, eventually. Went for Samurai X and now for Giant Robo as I thought it would be more feasible in a one go. I may try Escaflowne after that if I sacrifice some sleep.

Finished with ova 1 and was amazed by it, it´s a feast for the senses. There is a lot of charm in this kind of pure 2D production and there are some amazing sequences and scenary. I like a lot the general design of characters and even Giant Robo.

And Ginrei is lovely ;)

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 25 (engDub)
CG6rvgFUAAAVF4p.png

Best Tsuneto outfit. Love that team Trinity Dragon are actually good duelists and not the Morikawa variety. In any case, I hope we get a full length duel episode for team Try 3 v Trinity Dragon

Yona of the Dawn 23-24 Dub

Excellent series that hopefully gets a second season to continue the story, will probably pick up the manga later tonight to see where the story goes next. Easily one of my favorite anime of the past year it's a shame so many people missed out on it.

Crocodile

I will give BBB credit where its due - its really skillful at covering its ass with regards to reusing animation and stills to save time/money. With most shows it overbearing enough to be obvious and take you out of the show. In BBB, you usually have to be paying attention or sensitive to those sorts of shorts cuts to really see them more often than not. I figure your average anime viewer won't see them at all or won't care.

They really have done jack all with the Leo and his sister plot line haven't they?

Acosta

I will give BBB credit where its due - its really skillful at covering its ass with regards to reusing animation and stills to save time/money. With most shows it overbearing enough to be obvious and take you out of the show. In BBB, you usually have to be paying attention or sensitive to those sorts of shorts cuts to really see them more often than not. I figure your average anime viewer won't see them at all or won't care.

They really have done jack all with the Leo and his sister plot line haven't they?

Yes, I see this mentioned a lot but I guess my inexperience makes me quite insensitive about it. I also notice there are not really many complicated sequences of animations, like elaborated combats and so.

The 10th episode was funny as hell, I like that the show have this moments of pure comedy (and it was another great chance to see how weird is the world, double win).

About the second, I don't feel there is no much plot about that.

She lost her eyes, Leo got the god all seeing eyes, he is really sad about it but it doesn't seem there is anything he can do about it

Read The Ancient Magus Bride manga, it's pretty much the closest thing to Harry Potter than LWA. If that manga series were to get a anime adaption it would be a anime version of Harry Potter. Plus the source material is really good, top quality.

Vol 10 of the manga is all about Leo and his sister plot line. You'll just have to hope for a second season because this season won't cover Vol 10.

Also the Author Nightow does this kind of thing with his stories where he doesn't really touch the main plot line till a little later as the series progresses. He did it with Trigun.

Jarmel

Banned

My understanding is that the manga hasn't even begun to touch it yet either. It's not going to be addressed at all until the bare minimum, the 2nd season or possibly a 3rd if they decide to keep adapting.

So don't expect anything on that front.

sonicmj1

About the second, I don't feel there is no much plot about that.

She lost her eyes, Leo got the god all seeing eyes, he is really sad about it but it doesn't seem there is anything he can do about it

Well, Leo supposedly came to Hellsalem's Lot to find out what happened with his eyes, which is tightly related to his relationship with his sister. We haven't seen him explore that mystery at all. Moreover, his sister is a relevant subject if you just want to know more about who he is, but we haven't seen anything about his life with her prior to the incident since the pilot episode (the way we've seen lots of flashbacks to White/Black's past that aren't directly relevant to what's happening now, but inform their actions in the present). They've done very little with it outside of a few conversations he had with White and one time where we see he hasn't started his letter yet. If they developed that part of his life more outside of his time with White, it would make that plot stronger.

Tokyo Ghoul episode 2
I kinda wonder if this dude always planned on eating heida, because he looks to be legit friends with him, he established himself to be a pure asshole by the end of the episode so it isnt like the fuhrer in FMA blending in and not causing a scene.

Tokyo Ghoul 3
Uta's design strike's me as very...modern? No not modern, its like a design of a actual real person and what a real person dresses and looks like, atleast in that particular culture, like if you walk into a mask shop like that, you will see a person exactly like that. I actually really dig it.

If you read the manga, read it from the very beginning.

Jarmel

Banned
Read The Ancient Magus Bride manga, it's pretty much the closest thing to Harry Potter than LWA. If that manga series were to get a anime adaption it would be a anime version of Harry Potter. Plus the source material is really good, top quality.

I'm a few months behind it but yes I've read the manga. It's fairly decent but it's not exactly what I would want out a HP anime I guess. One thing I liked about the books was stuff like the school hijinks.

Acosta

Well, Leo supposedly came to Hellsalem's Lot to find out what happened with his eyes, which is tightly related to his relationship with his sister. We haven't seen him explore that mystery at all. Moreover, his sister is a relevant subject if you just want to know more about who he is, but we haven't seen anything about his life with her prior to the incident since the pilot episode (the way we've seen lots of flashbacks to White/Black's past that aren't directly relevant to what's happening now, but inform their actions in the present). They've done very little with it outside of a few conversations he had with White and one time where we see he hasn't started his letter yet. If they developed that part of his life more outside of his time with White, it would make that plot stronger.

Aha, I forgot about the part of Leo going to Hellsalem for that.

Probably Jarmel explanation have it right.

I'm a few months behind it but yes I've read the manga. It's fairly decent but it's not exactly what I would want out a HP anime I guess. One thing I liked about the books was stuff like the school hijinks.

I guess the reason why it reminds me of Harry Potter is not only because of the magic but the setting itself. The world the author created is magical and mysterious that I just can't help but see a resemblance to Harry Potter's world.

But yeah I could see why you would want the school hijinks because it definitely was one of the enjoyable aspects of Harry Potter.

Arslan Episode 10

Elam smiling at the huge amounts of food was the best part. He always looks so genuinely happy at times especially after performing various devious deeds.

Gieve made me laugh alot especially on the balcony.

Jarmel

Banned
The Leo eye stuff seems to be the main 'mystery' of the work and so I don't expect it to be addressed until near the end of the manga or whatever. At this point it serves more as background info and a reason as to why Leo stays in this hellish city more so than an active plot point in of itself. There hasn't been any leads or anything of that nature for Leo to investigate. His sister isn't exactly dying so despite him wanting to probably 'fix' her as soon as possible, there isn't a rush either.

The manga is by and large episodic (can manga even be episodic?) so at this point it's more about watching the characters mess around rather than some force driving them. It's not really a work that is serial with occasional episodic content but rather the reverse. It's sort of like Space Dandy in this regards but not as insane.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul episode 2

Tokyo Ghoul 3

Brace yourself for the worst character and worst arc !

BBB 10

Yeah the entire Klaus&Forgettable guy subplot was a waste of space.

The comedy in the Leo&Zapp part was on point and redeemed the episode. I'm starting to feel the show would benefit from dropping the vampires&Black stuff and just focusing on the wacky adventures in the city full of aliens.

It seems there's gonna be a delay for Kekkai Sensen. There's a pause in broadcasting for the weekend of June 27/28.

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607577925634777089
Episode 10.5

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607578141729517569
#11「paint it black」
 MBS:6/20(土)26:28~
 TOKYO MX:6/21(日)24:00~
 BS11:6/21(日)24:30~
※6/27(土)、6/28(日)は放送休止となります。

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607578066865389568
#12「“Hello,world!”」(最終話)
 MBS:7/4(土)26:28~
 TOKYO MX:7/5(日)24:00~
 BS11:7/5(日)24:30~

Also the titles to these episodes seems to be references of Songs. With Episode Episode 11 The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black, Episode 12 Bump of Chicken- Hello, World.

Anyways the delay isn't a big deal because I rather have them take the time to get things right for the last 2 episodes than to stick something rushed just to get it on schedule. This could also mean a probable open ending for season 2.

Jarmel

Banned
I am slightly curious if they're changing the ending too in that possibly White was supposed to be killed off or written out of the show and maybe they're keeping her around, now that it seems Kekkai is actually going to sell.

It's probably just the production scheduling being beyond fucked up though.

Edit: LOL at that title.

Guess ep.11 is going to be edgy as fuck. Despair for everyone!

Show By Rock Episode 1 Eng Dub

Kai and Riku are my favorite voices.

Cyan's va singing voice in english is pretty nice, hopefully she can sing more. Shingancrimsonz engdub va's singing was sweet too. Love all four of them cant wait for the next episode.

Theonik

Still pretty rude to be assuming things like that.

Also BONES has done no wrong.

Well, it is Sanrio's first late night thing targeting an older audience, right?
Stop late-night anime discrimination.

Crocodile

Usually when a show starts off with the premise "I gotta find out what happened to my dad sister" you usually expect them to address that in the show. However, if they do address it, just not in material that will be covered by the anime that's fine. Glad to see the recap episode looks more to be just a breather thing than something that will take up an actual episode slot.

sonicmj1

The Leo eye stuff seems to be the main 'mystery' of the work and so I don't expect it to be addressed until near the end of the manga or whatever. At this point it serves more as background info and a reason as to why Leo stays in this hellish city more so than an active plot point in of itself. There hasn't been any leads or anything of that nature for Leo to investigate. His sister isn't exactly dying so despite him wanting to probably 'fix' her as soon as possible, there isn't a rush either.

The manga is by and large episodic (can manga even be episodic?) so at this point it's more about watching the characters mess around rather than some force driving them. It's not really a work that is serial with occasional episodic content but rather the reverse. It's sort of like Space Dandy in this regards but not as insane.

I wouldn't expect to find out the truth behind his eyes anytime soon, and I can tell that it's not really the focus. But it'd make his relationship with his sister feel more vibrant if he pursued some leads about it, even if those leads ultimately don't lead anywhere.

My problem with Blood Blockade Battlefront is that it simultaneously has pretty much no overarching plot (the sister and Femt stuff dropped like a rock in importance) outside of the White and Black thing that I don't care about. And it's also not episodic. It's some weird mix of both when it would be better if it could do one thing.

It's not a bad show but I don't really know why I picked it back up.

Captain Earth saved us with Heso Forte.

It didn't save SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom