• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I wouldn't expect to find out the truth behind his eyes anytime soon, and I can tell that it's not really the focus. But it'd make his relationship with his sister feel more vibrant if he pursued some leads about it, even if those leads ultimately don't lead anywhere.

Well not every show is Chuck.
ChuckTronposter.jpeg

This kinda hard to say without talking to the mangaka but I'm not sure if even he knows where it's going. It's also possible that since the manga is starting to delve into it that Nightow told them to stall this season.

The show has tried to demonstrate though that Leo does care about his sister and he does want to help her but he's not going all detective about it. I guess the show could have written in false leads for Leo to investigate as a way of reminding the audience that Leo cares about his sister but I don't think that would do much and the Black/White narrative stuff is kind of acting as a replacement anyway.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Arslan Senki Episode 10

It was a really good episode. I loved how it went in depth about the technicalities of slavery on how sometimes slaves rather not be freed. That being under a master is a better life than being free. Hodir got his sleezy ass handed to him by my boy Daryum, he definitely asked for it. Anyways the crew are traveling to a different location in order to gather more allies. Also Arslan is very well not related to Andragros (Former King of Pars).

It seems the adaption has gotten farther than the manga. I guess it's going into the Novel territory.

For a different barometer we are in the 2nd OVA movie from back in the day.

Jarmel

Banned
Captain Earf was a case of Enokido trying to correct some of the flaws in Star Driver by having things such as a more serial narrative as well as things such as a change of scenery and so stuff don't feel so stalled out. He also had a smaller villain cast so as to explore them more rather than how shallow some of the villains in Star Driver were.

Problem is that he still created a scenario where the villain has to lose every round otherwise the Earth gets destroyed. Also by making the villain cast smaller, they lose repeatedly and so they don't feel like a threat. The characters themselves also don't really have the charm as the Star Driver crew did.

All of this with BONES not putting out anything resembling the raw animation quality found in Star Driver and Igarashi flatlining.

Jex

When people are talking about Star Driver as a watermark which a show has failed to achieve you know that you're in a bad place. Because Star Driver is a really terrible show.

cajunator

Banned
Wow, casting Monica Rial as Moa in Show By Rock is perfect casting. Pyuru!

Hell yes.

Hitsugi no Chaika + ~Avenging Battle~

This was surprisingly awesome. The world is really interesting, I would love to see more of it. The battles are amazing, great flow, some creative victories. The story is ok, nothing too amazing, but interesting enough to keep you intrigued. Sound design is really good too. I like the characters as well, they're all interesting, with different personalities, and I found their design good as well. And since I saw everyone doing it when it was released, here's the Chaika rankings:

White Chaika >>>>>>>>> Red Chaika > Half Chaika >>>>>>>>> Black Chaika > Blue Chaika

White Chaika is too damn cute, I just want to hug her so much.

EDIT: Forgot to say, the best thing is that people talk in this shit. Met the "enemy"? Talk and trade information. So good, everyone is up to par with what's happening.

Chaika is such a mega cutie.
I even drew her with cat ears because nobody else stepped up to the plate.

cajunator

Banned
Whoa a whole bunch of Makoto Shinkai's stuff popped up on Crunchyroll a few days ago.

If anyone hasn't watched Garden of Words, they should only for the really gorgeous art.

I really wish they would find a way to put Satoshi Kon's works on Crunchyroll. then EVERYBODY could watch Millennium Actress!

I really don't mind tsundere , as long as they don't go too far .
To summarize , go tsundere , go kuudere , go yandere ..no problem , just don't cross the line.

Some character have crossed the line in many shows and that's an instant failure IMO.

Example of crossing the line : Kirino kousaka from Oreimo.

Well I agree with you on one thing at least.

Jarmel

Banned
When people are talking about Star Driver as a watermark which a show has failed to achieve you know that you're in a bad place. Because Star Driver is a really terrible show.

To be fair, pretty much no mecha show has met the animation standard in Star Driver.

cajunator

Banned
Show By Rock -10

I'm honestly stupefied how good the show is at times for something that is essentially an expansion of mofu fetishes. I thought for sure that
they were going to drag this shit out all the way to the rock festival. Instead they essentially wrapped it up here leading again to a 'music heals all wounds' type moment
. The show has been really solid at resolving emotional turmoil and turning it into character development. It doesn't wave off Chu-Chu's feelings but also doesn't protract it into long-standing melodrama either.

The direction during certain scenes has also been really capable, partially aided by the strong soundtrack. So many sequences could have fallen flat but instead have excelled.

Oh yea and the music at the end seems like it would have been totally awesome for a Mega Man game. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Why would this make a show less good? The quality of a show has to do with the writing, characters, art direction, and story. All of these are exceptional in Show By Rock and Bones did a wonderful job of it. That it happens to serve mofu fans has no bearing on its quality (except making it better)

Yet some more updates on my blog today:
Clannad After Story - Train Station - Got just about every picture I wanted here, so this is the one I'm the most happy with.

Non Non Biyori - Candy Store

Steins;Gate - Akihabara Revisit

Great stuff Mike. I love these.

Jarmel

Banned
Why would this make a show less good? The quality of a show has to do with the writing, characters, art direction, and story. All of these are exceptional in Show By Rock and Bones did a wonderful job of it. That it happens to serve mofu fans has no bearing on its quality (except making it better)

It means I thought it was going to be a cash-in job.

cajunator

Banned
It's a mobile-game inspired anime original adaptation where pretty much all the cast has animal parts. This is about as fuwa fuwa you can get. That doesn't obviously preclude it from being good but the designs are targeted towards a certain clientele.

And I have more than ample cases to underestimate BONES. Like I could literally write a book about it.

This is a collection of all the greatest things. There was no way it was going to be bad.

I'm kinda praying that doesn't happen.

Honestly I am too, because the quality would have to degrade to spread it out over many episodes. A movie or OVA can throw all the money into 30-40 minutes of animation and really shine. If someone desires a TV series like LWA. then watch Tweeny Witches or Magic Users Club. Actually, watch both of these regardless.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo Ghoul 4
Oh, so thats why he is called the scourge of 20th ward and gourmet.
And here I was thinking he was some kind of badass.

cajunator

Banned
The announcement or whatever next Saturday will probably be that Imaishi short thing airing in the Fall.

Watch it be Sex and Violence with Mach Speed Mark 2.

Panty and Stocking 2?

Giant Robo

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations. I plan to watch everything on that list, eventually. Went for Samurai X and now for Giant Robo as I thought it would be more feasible in a one go. I may try Escaflowne after that if I sacrifice some sleep.

Finished with ova 1 and was amazed by it, it´s a feast for the senses. There is a lot of charm in this kind of pure 2D production and there are some amazing sequences and scenary. I like a lot the general design of characters and even Giant Robo.

And Ginrei is lovely ;)

Yes. I dont care much for Giant robo but watching Ginrei is always a treat!

Kansoku

Chaika is such a mega cutie.
I even drew her with cat ears because nobody else stepped up to the plate.

Hehe. Tho, I'm a little disappointed. I'm not even a figure collector but I'm extremely disappointed there's no Chaika Nendoroid, and the only figure I found of her has a weird face :(

Chaika was already bad enough with her speech pattern, if she also said Nyan she'd be the worst character in anime history.

Her speech pattern makes she even more cute. :3

Jarmel

Banned
So I was looking at BONES BD/DVD sales to see where Kekkai might end up and I still can't believe that Gemini sold almost twice as much as the original DtB.

Like I just can't.

cajunator

Banned
Show By Rock Episode 1 Eng Dub

Kai and Riku are my favorite voices.

Cyan's va singing voice in english is pretty nice, hopefully she can sing more. Shingancrimsonz engdub va's singing was sweet too. Love all four of them cant wait for the next episode.

Im interested to see the dub actually.
That and whenever this inevitably comes out on bluray I might very well buy two copies.
Its such an amazing thing. Like they designed this show especially for me because anime loves me and wants me to be super happy.

I will never forget Captain Earth.

Captain Earth was ok. Chaika is more like it. Thank you sincerely Bones for Chaika and all the goodness it brings.

Jex

So I was looking at BONES BD/DVD sales to see where Kekkai might end up and I still can't believe that Gemini sold almost twice as much as the original DtB.

Like I just can't.

But it has a cute girlllll in it, why wouldn't it sell better?

Crocodile

I legitimately want sex and violence with machspeed to become a full fledged series.

I can't imagine that it doesn't become old by/before the end of the first episode. I'd def be up for another Imaishi lead show though as long as he has someone there to reign him in just a bit (or at least the show doesn't get rewritten halfway through).

Like I just can't.

animewasamistake.gif

I've still never seen the second season

cajunator

Banned
Hehe. Tho, I'm a little disappointed. I'm not even a figure collector but I'm extremely disappointed there's no Chaika Nendoroid, and the only figure I found of her has a weird face :(

Her speech pattern makes she even more cute. :3

I know. Prime figurine potential and they just failed us. Biggest travesty this year.

Like I just can't.

Suou sells discs.
Its no surprise.
But perhaps maybe a lot of people just like the story in DTB2 better or something.
I mean a show like Rinne No Lagrange was fun and interesting and pandered really hard, yet sales were terrible. It takes more than a cutie to sell a show to people.

Yamada and the Seven Witches Episode 9
CG7Mx4CU8AA7wgi.jpg:large

Finally Tamaki is here and they gave him one of my favorite time of BL kiss scenes, when they stand on their toes to kiss the other, and it looked so lovely. Much better than the manga makes some of these even.

Show by Rock 10

I really hope the finale of this series isn't overdramatic and is just every band playing together to beat the big bad evil guy because that's what I want

Symphogear G OVA 01

Why does everyone bully Chris so much?

Symphogear G OVA 02

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I knew Haru Onodera's voice was familiar. It's tsundere-Iroha!

Midonin

Looking at the season ahead, there are two shows I'm curious about in terms of simulcasting.

Symphogear GX... the first season was simulcast in that short-lived NicoNico/Funi venture and Funi still streams the first season, but G was overlooked during its time.

The other is TLR Darkness 2. That was simulcast, but at The Anime Network, which I never got a subscription to even though Sentai did simulcast a few shows there - like Tamako Market and such - before switching to Crunchyroll as their main overseas broadcaster. There's also the fact that, like Chu2Koi Ren, the first season of Darkness was subject to a leak, which I'm sure is still remembered.

I can't see any issues with anything else on the schedule. Simulcasting has gotten much better overall. But in cases like Milky Holmes TD or Nanoha ViViD, there's always one or two outliers.

Puruzi

Banned
I can't imagine that it doesn't become old by/before the end of the first episode. I'd def be up for another Imaishi lead show though as long as he has someone there to reign him in just a bit (or at least the show doesn't get rewritten halfway through).
I don't think it would get old. Ninja Slayer still isn't old to me.

Are you guys aware that the tokyo ghoul full opening video has like 20 million views

Yes. Tokyo Ghoul is super popular in the West. Not to say it isn't also super popular in the East but it's the next in line of SAO/Attack on Titan in terms of popularity on both sides.

I think ;re is at 30 chapters now? Wonder how many they get to before the inevitable anime starts

Yes. Tokyo Ghoul is super popular in the West. Not to say it isn't also super popular in the East but it's the next in line of SAO/Attack on Titan in terms of popularity on both sides.

I think ;re is at 30 chapters now? Wonder how many they get to before the inevitable anime starts

Really? Did it get better at one point? Attack on Titan at the very least had some intense action sequences. Maybe I should give it a watch again. But I never saw much that left me wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom