• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last time I checked it was 14 million views. How much does Shingeki no Kyojin have?

Well that OP has been uploaded and parodied a thousand times. The Funimation one has the most views at 21m but there are multiple that are at like 3-5 million too.

Really? Did it get better at one point? Attack on Titan at the very least had some intense action sequences. Maybe I should give it a watch again. But I never saw much that left me wanting more.

Well both the Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul anime have the same pacing problems but the manga for each are better then their counterparts. I think by now I like Tokyo Ghoul better, even though both the arcs that concluded in both series I wasn't really keen on.

Well that OP has been uploaded and parodied a thousand times. The Funimation one has the most views at 21m but there are multiple that are at like 3-5 million too.

Well both the Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul anime have the same pacing problems but the manga for each are better then their counterparts. I think by now I like Tokyo Ghoul better, even though both the arcs that concluded in both series I wasn't really keen on.

Well both you and I agree that Attack on Titan went down the shitter in the manga, I'll trust you on that. Has there been an uncensored version of TG released yet? I'd like to watch it but I also don't wanna have half the screen covered by blackness or weird color reversal censoring. Maybe I'll just read the manga.

Looking at the season ahead, there are two shows I'm curious about in terms of simulcasting.

Symphogear GX... the first season was simulcast in that short-lived NicoNico/Funi venture and Funi still streams the first season, but G was overlooked during its time.

The other is TLR Darkness 2. That was simulcast, but at The Anime Network, which I never got a subscription to even though Sentai did simulcast a few shows there - like Tamako Market and such - before switching to Crunchyroll as their main overseas broadcaster. There's also the fact that, like Chu2Koi Ren, the first season of Darkness was subject to a leak, which I'm sure is still remembered.

I can't see any issues with anything else on the schedule. Simulcasting has gotten much better overall. But in cases like Milky Holmes TD or Nanoha ViViD, there's always one or two outliers.

I don't think Funi has plans for licensing more Symphogear and it's a shame that it'll get ignored due to past seasons.

Given the lack of investment TBS has in TLR now, it shouldn't be too much of an issue for Sentai (and therefore Crunchy) to get simulcasting rights. The only issue they've had lately was Amagi and that was a freak occurrence situation.

Really? Did it get better at one point? Attack on Titan at the very least had some intense action sequences. Maybe I should give it a watch again. But I never saw much that left me wanting more.

It's the manga that a lot of people are into because it's actually good. The anime is just a butchered version of the manga.

I mean each Vol of the manga is selling about +900K at the moment so yeah. Though the anime did give it a boost even if it was average to mediocre, but fuck Root A.

Well both you and I agree that Attack on Titan went down the shitter in the manga, I'll trust you on that. Has there been an uncensored version of TG released yet? I'd like to watch it but I also don't wanna have half the screen covered by blackness or weird color reversal censoring. Maybe I'll just read the manga.

The Blu-rays are uncensored. You should probably just read the manga, it's not that long. Probably 170 chapters by now counting :Re?

I should clarify that that isn't long for me since I read One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, JoJo and Kingdom

cajunator

Banned
Yup. I would love to see it. Waiting for a blu-ray rerelease that might never come..

Yeah I know :(
But I love my DVD to death.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before.

But every summer season for the past few years has a survival game anime.

Of course, that's all they have in common. In terms of tone, direction, etc. et. al. they couldn't be more different.

Well thats interesting. I didnt think about that! Sabagebu is of course the best of the four.
I guess its just a popular genre at the moment.
Animation companies probably strike while the iron is hot. Upotte was a strong initiator.

The Blu-rays are uncensored. You should probably just read the manga, it's not that long. Probably 170 chapters by now counting :Re?

I should clarify that that isn't long for me since I read One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, JoJo and Kingdom

We got a badass over here no-jutsu!

Haha. Yeah I'll read the manga then. Put it up on my list.

7evznex.png
RqAlx0Q.png

2nd best XY girl finally makes her appearance.

And she was even kind enough to bring along her cute Furisode girls.

Kyuur

Bakuman 1-3

Started watching this as a recommendation for people who liked Shirobako. Hasn't really gotten into the manga process yet. The romance angle is a bit heavy, and the Mom being his uncle's friend is reallllyyyyy weird. Other then that, so far it's pretty enjoyable. Will give it at least a few more episodes.

Well thats interesting. I didnt think about that! Sabagebu is of course the best of the four.
I guess its just a popular genre at the moment.
Animation companies probably strike while the iron is hot. Upotte was a strong initiator.

wait, 4? Sabagebu, Stella c3 whatever, Upotte, and what's the 4th one? Am I missing out on a gem here?

Yamada-kun and the 7 witches - 09

Never get to the point where a girl you're in love with has to ask this question :

If it happens, you have FAILED

Dat secretary/bodyguard was unexpected.. i approuve of this twist.

It seems there's gonna be a delay for Kekkai Sensen. There's a pause in broadcasting for the weekend of June 27/28.

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607577925634777089
Episode 10.5

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607578141729517569
#11「paint it black」
 MBS:6/20(土)26:28~
 TOKYO MX:6/21(日)24:00~
 BS11:6/21(日)24:30~
※6/27(土)、6/28(日)は放送休止となります。

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen/status/607578066865389568
#12「“Hello,world!”」(最終話)
 MBS:7/4(土)26:28~
 TOKYO MX:7/5(日)24:00~
 BS11:7/5(日)24:30~

Also the titles to these episodes seems to be references of Songs. With Episode Episode 11 The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black, Episode 12 Bump of Chicken- Hello, World.

Anyways the delay isn't a big deal because I rather have them take the time to get things right for the last 2 episodes than to stick something rushed just to get it on schedule. This could also mean a probable open ending for season 2.
So now we have to wait for 3 weeks to see the continuation of that cliffhanger. :(

Cornbread78

Fruit of Grisaia S2 ep.8
Yuuji officially has the best harem ever. Hands down, these "bitches" absolutely kick ass. Plus, she's fucking alive, holy hell, another member of the Yuuji harem is back. This show never fails to surprise and entertain. Best maid ever.. Can't wait to see how they pull this off and save him from where they are. This show is awesome..

kyoani just wants to watch the world burn

do5DkPt.jpg

The sad thing is, this is pretty much a good summary of the main Euphonium fanbase in a nutshell.

You either see them talking about relationship between Reina and Kumiko on whether it's platonic or not, or they're talking about Asuka.

No musical instruments in sight in this picture.

Fruit of Grisaia S2 ep.8
Yuuji officially has the best harem ever. Hands down, these "bitches" absolutely kick ass. Plus, she fucking alive, holy hell, another member of the Yuuji harem is back. This show never fails to surprise and entertain. Best maid ever.. Can't wait to see how they pull this off and save him from where they are. This show is awesome..

Isn't this MAID so awesome ??

Didn't I tell you ?
I told you guys , right ? right !!

Ah sachi , so broken , but so awesome at what she does...

It's a little shame that so many little nods are there , but burried in the larger events ..because this episode had plenty of them...but since they rewroked the events a little in the anime , those little details have disappeared.
I mean the history of makina and the english language , the references to the car , all those operation nicknames, tuna man !<< i don't even think the anime covered the tuna-man Action show that makina loves to watch.

Still i'll always be a fan of the way they bully michiru , again this episode had just so many littles events that made it even better.
GREAT EPISODE.

I want to make a gif , but there are so many great moments inthis episode i can't choose what to gif.

The sad thing is, this is pretty much a good summary of the main Euphonium fanbase in a nutshell.

You either see them talking about relationship between Reina and Kumiko on whether it's platonic or not, or they're talking about Asuka.

Plenty of people talk about the level of detail that goes into the musical scenes and the instruments so not really

Thoraxes has written multiple really long posts about the minute details

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

There is only so much discussion you can elicit with cold technical details about instruments in comparison to possible yuri dating.

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 9
Another good episode that showed some character development, especially on the Shirishi & Yamada relationship. Looks like next week will be the big reveal day for it. I'm hoping for the best, but the preview shits didn't sound too positive. Hopefully, they can find the final witch at the same time to fix it all.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You really can't blame people for saying Euphonium has Yuribaiting undertones especially when promotional posters promote it.&#128524;

It annoys me greatly as it does a great disservice to what the show is actually about and really speaks to how Kyoto and/or the LN Author could not allow Euphonium to stand on its main merits.

Plenty of people talk about the level of detail that goes into the musical scenes and the instruments so not really

Thoraxes has written multiple really long posts about the minute details

I was referring to the "main" fanbase as that's pretty much the majority of the discussion concerning this show as of episode 8.

Yeah people talk about the musical scenes and instruments, but not nearly as much as I've seen people talk about the other issues. Hell, we basically ended the last thread with that massive controversial debate!

All the picture pretty much needs to be perfect is somebody holding an instrument in the background or something.

You really can't blame people for saying Euphonium has Yuribaiting undertones especially when promotional posters promote it.&#55357;&#56847;

It annoys me greatly as it does a great disservice to what the show is actually about and really speaks to how Kyoto and/or the LN Author could not allow Euphonium to stand on its main merits.

Its typical of production committees. I'm fairly sure that these types of images that get run in magazines like Newtype aren't actually made by the people on the anime staff but by the people on the magazine staff, it's what I've heard being said of stuff like bikini spreads or beach spreads. I'm not certain on that though. Ultimatemegax would probably know

Jarmel

Banned
Anime marketing in general serves to feed the otaku machine. Even something like Shirobako which had essentially zero sexually suggestive material, other than the crazy shit thought up by crazy people, yet the magazine shots had tons of it.

There is no reason to link a show to the marketing material. Hell, marketing for Kill La Kill made it out to be the 2nd coming of Gurren Lagann and see how that turned out!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Its typical of production committees. I'm fairly sure that these types of images that get run in magazines like Newtype aren't actually made by the people on the anime staff but by the people on the magazine staff. I'm not certain on that though. Ultimatemegax would probably know

The thing that vexes the me the most is that it works, Euphonium sure as hell got a ton more visible after episode 8.

Anime marketing in general serves to feed the otaku machine. Even something like Shirobako which had essentially zero sexually suggestive material, other than the crazy shit thought up by crazy people, yet the magazine shots had tons of it.

There is no reason to link a show to the marketing material. Hell, marketing for Kill La Kill made it out to be the 2nd coming of Gurren Lagann and see how that turned out!

Marketing for Kill la Kill was fucking hilarious because I remember people hyping it up as the saviour of anime and it would kill moeshit until the Senketsu design was shown and people exploded

Of course those people never actually stopped

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

It isn't the marketing material that gets me, it is that they put the yuri stuff in the show itself, that is a world of difference.

Thoraxes

What if it's a crossover between Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer? Would you be disappointed then?

I would be pumped.

However, needing to pay bills and all, I would guess it's an adaptation of something... Or an original, but low-budget work like another Inferno;Slayer.

Arslan senki - 09

Damn .

That fight on the rooftops of the capital WAS LEGIT AS FUCK

What a moment , excellent animation and you feel the stakes rising ..

Simply beautifull.

The thing that vexes the me the most is that it works, Euphonium sure as hell got a ton more visible after episode 8.

To be fair it was genuinely the best episode so far regardless of yuri baiting. It put a pause on the sports tropes of training and competition to focus on the far more interesting character dynamics. Sure it worked because of the groundwork set up in previous episodes but the payoff episode as usual is the most satisfying.

It isn't the marketing material that gets me, it is that they put the yuri stuff in the show itself, that is a world of difference.

Well they have to make money and that's one of the ways I guess. I mean episode 5 and 8 I believe which had those Yuri undertones made preorders on Amazon spike so you could say it helps the show in terms of sales.

Though it really doesn't matter as long as the show is good.

Its typical of production committees. I'm fairly sure that these types of images that get run in magazines like Newtype aren't actually made by the people on the anime staff but by the people on the magazine staff, it's what I've heard being said of stuff like bikini spreads or beach spreads. I'm not certain on that though. Ultimatemegax would probably know

Each production has positions called a "publicity producer" and "publicity". These people are in charge of working for campaigns such as advertising on Akiba billboards, campaigns like tie-ins with Yamaha, and working connections in magazines for space among running twitter accounts and such. They don't determine what's in the magazine; the magazine staff orders illustrations (such as "we want the four main girls in this type of situation") and requests interviews with staff members. It's up to the publicity staff to organize that and to get it all together.

They do not have to work for the animation studio; Euphonium's publicity staff are from Pony Canyon for example. This is why productions from Kadokawa are so benefitial because their print staff work together often (Newtype is a Kadokawa production, so their staff works closely with the Kadokawa Shoten/Ascii Media Works/Fujimi Shobo productions in promotion).

Euphonium benefitted from having episode 8 occur just before the Nyantype/Megami magazines get published (30th of every month) and somewhat before the other big three (Newtype/Animedia/Animage). Sometimes it works like that and sometimes it doesn't (Hestia's string was too late to capitalize on since that happened at the beginning of the month, near the end of due dates for magazines published the following month). It's all about capturing momentum at the right time with publicity (notice how quickly Pony organized a NicoLive of all 8 episodes before ep 9).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom