• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seraph of the End 3-4 Dub

Really like how the dub cast for this is rounding out, the only voice that sounds off is adult Mika and I feel that's more because the voice actor isn't exactly sure how to play the half vampire yet. Story wise this is dumb shonen shit and I love it, looking forward to seeing everyone get their demon powers.

To be fair it was genuinely the best episode so far regardless of yuri baiting. It put a pause on the sports tropes of training and competition to focus on the far more interesting character dynamics. Sure it worked because of the groundwork set up in previous episodes but the payoff episode as usual is the most satisfying.

Episode 8 was a good episode for sure, but it wasn't nearly as good as Episode 7 was, yet it got 20x as much discussion about it.

I would be pumped.

However, needing to pay bills and all, I would guess it's an adaptation of something... Or an original, but low-budget work like another Inferno;Slayer.

This is where being a subsidiary is beneficial. They're getting a budget from Ultra Super Pictures (like Ordet, Linden, and Sangen), so they're not at direct fiscal risk of something bombing as their parent company takes the risk (and that parent company has sponsors from merch, so that's all they need). That's not to say they don't need to do contract work like Inou (for TV Tokyo), but they do get some sense of freedom that's not available for other studios.

cajunator

Banned
wait, 4? Sabagebu, Stella c3 whatever, Upotte, and what's the 4th one? Am I missing out on a gem here?

it hasnt aired yet.

The sad thing is, this is pretty much a good summary of the main Euphonium fanbase in a nutshell.

You either see them talking about relationship between Reina and Kumiko on whether it's platonic or not, or they're talking about Asuka.

No musical instruments in sight in this picture.

Euphonium didnt really indicate any shoujo ai when the show was being hyped. It was only a recent episode that fanned the flames.

Thoraxes

This is where being a subsidiary is beneficial. They're getting a budget from Ultra Super Pictures (like Ordet, Linden, and Sangen), so they're not at direct fiscal risk of something bombing as their parent company takes the risk (and that parent company has sponsors from merch, so that's all they need). That's not to say they don't need to do contract work like Inou (for TV Tokyo), but they do get some sense of freedom that's not available for other studios.

Oh cool! I did not know their position entirely but this cleared it up a lot.

Grisaia no Rakuen 08

Most over the top shit I have ever seen, some moments had me legit laughing lol. Also, the harem keeps growing non stop for Yuuji.

Cornbread78

Isn't this MAID so awesome ??

Didn't I tell you ?
I told you guys , right ? right !!

Ah sachi , so broken , but so awesome at what she does...

It's a little shame that so many little nods are there , but burried in the larger events ..because this episode had plenty of them...but since they rewroked the events a little in the anime , those little details have disappeared.
I mean the history of makina and the english language , the references to the car , all those operation nicknames, tuna man !<< i don't even think the anime covered the tuna-man Action show that makina loves to watch.

Still i'll always be a fan of the way they bully michiru , again this episode had just so many littles events that made it even better.
GREAT EPISODE.

I want to make a gif , but there are so many great moments inthis episode i can't choose what to gif.

You need to gif "a shark doesn't play with it's pray", *whack*

You're right about alltge little details from S1, I picked out a few of them, but I missed the Tuna Man reference until you just reminded me. Poor Michiru, "hey guys, Michiru's can't swim" *all just stare at one another*

I'm surprised more people on this board don't like this one or don't talk about it much because it does so many things the "right" way from what they say they like in an anime series.

yami4ct

As a Tales fan, so excited about the ufotable anime announcement. I'm also just pumped to see ufotable do something big that's not Fate related. Interested to see what it ends up being as all references to it are calling it a "Tales" project and not just a Zestiria adaptation.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 13

There was no mecha action in this episode and I think it may be my favourite episode thus far.

This Angel wasn't screwing around. I was on the edge of my seat as it was hacking into NERV's super computers and it just kept going deeper and deeper despite what was thrown at it.

It's the most intense this show has been so far. Great stuff.

VRMN

There was no mecha action in this episode and I think it may be my favourite episode thus far.

This Angel wasn't screwing around. I was on the edge of my seat as it was hacking into NERV's super computers and it just kept going deeper and deeper despite what was thrown at it.

It's one of my favorites too, honestly. The show has a very high level of creativity with enemy designs and I think that it's at its best here.

yami4ct

It's one of my favorites as well. The episode just nails the tension. I actually believed NERV might get destroyed. Just a super well done episode.

This episode is great because the three pilots do nothing and Ritsuko has to stop it basically by herself

Heroic Legend of Arslan 1 dub

Dub cast is excellent from who's introduced so far, gonna have to wait for a bit to see the main cast introduced to get a real feel for the dub quality.

As a Tales fan, so excited about the ufotable anime announcement. I'm also just pumped to see ufotable do something big that's not Fate related. Interested to see what it ends up being as all references to it are calling it a "Tales" project and not just a Zestiria adaptation.

Well God Eater is out in a few weeks, and it may not seem big to us here since we only got Burst on the PSP, but the series has done quite well in Japan. I can't wait to see what they do with it, hence why my avatar is of the main character for the show. Also hoping for a localization announcement of the latest game, since this would be the perfect time to do it (GE 5th anniversary event, on the 28th this month).

Arslan 10

This just keeps getting better every week.

Yeah as a whole I've enjoyed the Tales anime adaptations, I even own the Tales of the Abyss series including the limited editions of volume 1 & 2 (QQ LE 3 & 4 never happened) it's actually the only sub only anime I own. Ufotable budget/production with Tales action could be excellent.

Baby Steps 2 10:
This is on Aoi for not planning for this ahead of time. He really should have foreseen this given Ei-chan's inexperience. This match is definitely turning out well so far. The first episode was really tense, with every single game being something the whole set hinged on. Next week should be another really tense episode. Everything is really still up in the air when it comes to this match. They're pretty close to one another in skill level.

Cornbread78

Grisaia no Rakuen 08
Most over the top shit I have ever seen, some moments had me legit laughing lol. Also, the harem keeps growing non stop for Yuuji.

The over the top stuff is the best part, lol
poor tuna man test shot, lol. Dat pink sniper rifle is da bomb. I can't believe
robot sis is still alive and has a true human form. legit shocked at how that turned out. She knew all the harem members and is now their #1 contender, lol.
How are they going to finish this mission? It's gonna be gud..

cajunator

Banned
I was referring to the "main" fanbase as that's pretty much the majority of the discussion concerning this show as of episode 8.

Yeah people talk about the musical scenes and instruments, but not nearly as much as I've seen people talk about the other issues. Hell, we basically ended the last thread with that massive controversial debate!

All the picture pretty much needs to be perfect is somebody holding an instrument in the background or something.

i watch Euphonium for cute girls doing musical things. Yuri honestly wasnt one of the draws. I appreciate the inclusion of it but it isnt why I like the show.

Anime marketing in general serves to feed the otaku machine. Even something like Shirobako which had essentially zero sexually suggestive material, other than the crazy shit thought up by crazy people, yet the magazine shots had tons of it.

There is no reason to link a show to the marketing material. Hell, marketing for Kill La Kill made it out to be the 2nd coming of Gurren Lagann and see how that turned out!

This is true. Dont judge a show by new promo materials. Those arent aimed at people already watching the show.

The over the top stuff is the best part, lol
poor tuna man test shot, lol. Dat pink sniper rifle is da bomb. I can't believe
robot sis is still alive and has a true human form. legit shocked at how that turned out. She knew all the harem members and is now their #1 contender, lol.
How are they going to finish this mission? It's gonna be gud..

So now I am confused whether that is her
real body
, or if she's
a robot.

yami4ct

Well God Eater is out in a few weeks, and it may not seem big to us here since we only got Burst on the PSP, but the series has done quite well in Japan. I can't wait to see what they do with it, hence why my avatar is of the main character for the show. Also hoping for a localization announcement of the latest game, since this would be the perfect time to do it (GE 5th anniversary event, on the 28th this month).

Arslan 10

This just keeps getting better every week.

ufotable is doing a God Eater anime? Not sure how I missed that. I know very little about GE other than it being a Mon-Hun esque game, but I'm totally in just for that ufotable.

I've felt really put off by FUNimation ever since I found out about the ties to Santorum. These reports are in some ways worse than I had expected, but none of it really surprises me. It's a shame that the company has such a dominant position in the market over here.

ibyea

Banned
I've felt really put off by FUNimation ever since I found out about the ties to Santorum. These reports are in some ways worse than I had expected, but none of it really surprises me. It's a shame that the company has such a dominant position in the market over here.

I definitely did not expect that connection. O_O

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rick Santorum is a CEO?

I'm surprised someone doesn't bring up some shitty echii anime when Santorum goes off on his conservative bile. I would say money is money, but I don't even know if Funimation makes money.

The Funimation guys were on ANNCast not too long ago, so I wonder if they just happen to be at the top and don't suffer from these socalled politics.

(I also have no idea what Echo Light is supposed to be).

Cornbread78

There arent many, but still a few Funi licensed shows Im going to buy, but the company is definitely doing sleazy things.

Stupid question, but when you buy the BDs, do they play each episode with a break in-between, or are the episodes edited to play straight through like a long movie?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if the funimation video quality™ ever wasn't enough to deter me from giving money to them, finding out they have ties to rick santorum and other anti-lgbt hate groups definitely solidifies my decision
They are a cult of personality group based out of Texas. I can't say I'm very surprised.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 14

CG78EHnVAAAV9kF.png:large
CG78MtdVIAAWW00.png:large

CG78j33UIAADcdI.png:large
CG78r9oVIAAisW8.png:large
CG785RAUYAAtHM-.png:large

CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME?

WALK INTO MY MYSTERY.

STEP INSIDE AND HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE.

DO YOU REMEMBER ME?

CAPTURE YOU AND SET YOU FREE.

I AM ALL, I AM ALL OF ME.

First half of this episode was recap.

Second half is when things got interesting. We got Unit 00 going after Rei but it turns out it was really going after Ritsuko. All this while Shinji was inside Unit 00.

The idea of testing the compatibility of the pilots with different Evas strikes me as trying to put an SNES game into a Sega Genesis. Just seems like a bad idea.

Stupid question, but when you buy the BDs, do they play each episode with a break in-between, or are the episodes edited to play straight through like a long movie?

Funi's DVD and BR generally have an option to either play each episode individually with OPs/EDs in tact, or in a marathon mode where you get the first OP and the last ED

The character art has a very different look. I've never seen seen anything quite like it. Are the characters CG or is there something else that makes them look like that?

Anyway, it's ufotable. I intrinsically trust them to deliver something that looks great.

It was made to mimic both the artstyle for the anime OPs (which are fucking badass btw) and the cell shaded lighting in game. Here's the two for you to draw a comparison, right away you will see how similar they look to what you just watched, specially the latest one:

God Eater Burst OP:
https://youtu.be/6HRLshdOUok?t=25

God Eater 2 Rage Burst OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TVwHBGvYg

Yup. I'm loving it so far. AOTS for me.

See I just can't say that when there's still another cour to go. I can never call a show that has two cours AOTS simply because it may take a turn for the worst out of nowhere. I will be holding on to my vote until I see the last episode next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom