• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
Is it bad that I watched the first episode of Diabolic Lovers saw mulitple gang rape attempts by vampire brothers and shut that $hit down right afterwards? Deleted from my Crunchy list, like quickly, even if it wasn't sexual rape, might as well have been garbage garbage garbage.

Seems like a poorly rated show, so no, not bad that you did that.

Joe Molotov

Season 3 bring back the cools things that made season 1 good , with the good ideas of season 2 added. it's actually well done and a Great way to end the franchise.. The last arc was very good. It ended just short of being amazing.

Season 3 is actually a true sequel to season 1. It answers what going on with Jin and gives a true antagonist to the whole series.

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear. S2 isn't bad, but it's not as good as S1. I'm almost done with it, then I can move on to S3.

cajunator

Banned
I JUST REALIZED THIS
Bybixx4.jpg

No wonder I love her so much!
ALso, mind blown.

Mirai Nikki - 02

When Yuno started running down the hallway I just couldn't stop laughing, it was so sudden and nuts. And then the heel-turn, and the un-turn, I'm excited I can't actually pin down what's going to happen.
The other crazy gal had a plethora of bombs, smokescreens and probably a motorbike under her skirt, because I sure didn't see one around.

Mirai Nikki - 02

When Yuno started running down the hallway I just couldn't stop laughing, it was so sudden and nuts. And then the heel-turn, and the un-turn, I'm excited I can't actually pin down what's going to happen.
The other crazy gal had a plethora of bombs, smokescreens and probably a motorbike under her skirt, because I sure didn't see one around.
I should go back to this. I dropped it at the beginning, don't remember which episode... For those who already watched
I was at the part that you see the pink haired girl's house and it's all fucked up in there.
Was this at the start?

Anyway, about to go watch Flamenco. This show is hilarious

phaze

I should go back to this. I dropped it at the beginning, don't remember which episode... For those who already watched
I was at the part that you see the pink aired girl's house and it's all fucked up in there.
Was this at the start?

Anyway, about to go watch Flamenco. This show is hilarious

I think it might be the end of episode 5. Dropped the show there too but remember that scene.

cajunator

Banned
I aim to please ( in sachi voice ):
Shark_Sachi.gif

[/SPOILER]

sooo...I should watch more Grisaia then..

HUm the fanbase of some etotama guys are going deep for that code geass reference.:

I really cant stand it when any sub translator does this. Its wholly unnecessary. Just put a small reference that says :referencing title (x) and let people decide if they want to research the connection. It takes up the whole screen and is a detriment to the art.

Came home late tonight, can finally look at the thread, this post, super amazing. Love the Clannad Train Station pictures, so unbelievable! Non Non Biyori is really nice too, love that anime 100%.

You're good people, Arcy kun *squeezes

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate OVA

Definitely a callback to the earlier comedic moments of the series. A lot of Okabe being weird as well as his terrible English.

That scene at the end was cute.
And it was kinda cool to see Suzuha's mom. Of course she is a spitting image of her.

I love this OVA so much. It perfectly tied up the remaining loose ends and just left me feeling amazingly good about the whole series in general. One on my favorite OVA episodes. I honestly dont get the hate this series receives. It deserves full praise as one of the best anime out there.

I read the LNs but I never arrived at that conclusion. I'm awed.

SNAFU S2 10

This episode had everything. I was satisfied with how they resolved the Christmas party arc. Yukino is smiling more and closing the gap between her and Hachiman. Iroha making moves and proving she's the best girl. The only thing that's missing is an intimate Yui moment and we may have gotten a 3-way progress between the girls.

Thoughts:
- Still didn't get Hayama's line where he said her feelings aren't meant for him when Iroha confessed last episode. I wonder what Iroha said during her confession?
- Iroha's train scene was just as I imagined. :)
- Komachi is the best younger sister I've seen in animes I've recently watched.
- This anime really emphasizes on holding the cuffs or sleeves of another person.
- That save me look by Yukino before the end of the episode. You have to help her stand up for herself someday Hachiman.
- That stare by Hachiman to Hayama. I can't convey the emotion he wants to express. Is it disgust?

All this Steins;Gate posts are just tempting me more to watch the anime. I have to hold out till I play the VN first though. NA release when?

Dude, WATCH STEINS GATE.

Mirai Nikki - 01

Huh, thrilling premise I guess. That stare by the girl at the end... not sure if want.
OP was pretty good, I like the color theme. Based on the first minute this is probably going to go wild. The post credit scene with the Third was unexpectedly fun.

that stare will tell you instantly if you are a yandere fan or not. (you apparently arent)

Mirai Nikki - 03

This just went from a by the book quirky "date" to something creepy and unsettling, this is so odd. This is also reaching Tada Banri numbers with the "Yukki".
After the Third, I thought there wouldn't be much emphasis put on the other owners, so being proven otherwise was nice, as this makes me think they're in it for the long haul. Or they're dying next episode.

Mandelbo

Dude, WATCH STEINS GATE.

Should play the VN first, though. Either buy the PC version or import the EU release if you can't wait for them to announce an NA release date!

(I haven't watched the anime adaption.)

E: Glad you're watching Mirai Nikki, CheapJuice! I watched it last year and really enjoyed it. It's very good at being unsettling and while I recall it gets a little silly later on it's still a great ride.

I love this OVA so much. It perfectly tied up the remaining loose ends and just left me feeling amazingly good about the whole series in general. One on my favorite OVA episodes. I honestly dont get the hate this series receives. It deserves full praise as one of the best anime out there.

I thought Steins;Gate was one of the more well liked anime out there. I liked the early episodes unlike a lot of people I knew who'd watched it in the past, it was lighthearted and fun following this quack scientist mucking around with a microwave and talking to himself on the phone. The later episodes when things got crazy were great too though not in the same way as before obviously.

I've still yet to watch the film? Is it any good?

cajunator

Banned
Samurai Flamenco Episode 1

Is this show supposed to be like Kick Ass because it reminds me of it for some reason. Anyways we have a individual who strives to be a genuine hero however even though he has the mindset he really does lack the strength to back it up. Though it seems Goto the police officer is there to provide support in some way. It was a good episode and a nice bonus that Sugita is voicing the officer (Gintoki as a police officer😆).

For anyone who has finished this series, how crazy does it get?

It is a lot like animated Kick Ass and a lot of people pointed that out. but you arent ready. you just arent.

I'm in the middle of watching that, actually. It's freaking fantastic.

I highly recommend G Gundam though. It's the best Gundam show ever made because of his writing. It also has the most hilarious mecha designs in the franchise.

latest

You will never see a windmill mecha in any other anime ever.

How is this thing even remotely practical, even in the context of a giant mecha show?
Like how does it fight? Is it nimble? Does it stand a chance?

Cornbread78

Samurai Bride ep. 1-6:
screenshot_2_28795.jpg

LOL, this one is actually pretty damn fun so far. That shower scene with the "General of Love" and the squirting body soap was hilarious.. I drew unwanted attention to myself with that one, lol. The girls all kick butt and have good personalities so far, so that is a good change, also the action scenes are pretty well done and are fun to watch! The princess is also a childhood friend, so I can already kick her out of the chances to win his love also, but he did say he would start having to meet parents to "take responsibility," lol. Really though, the humor is good, (yes, very crude and ecchi here) and there is a lot of fanservice, I mean, ALOT. The plot and setting is intersting and the show has been a lot of fun so far, so it all works though. It's a harem anime, but it's pretty good liek Champione! so far, so we'll see where this one goes from here.

cajunator

Banned
Do you like bubbletape?

Would you like to see bubbletape touted as an army's most powerful weapon?

And would you like to hear that proclamation made in the same breath as a boast about scarin' women and children?

I think I'd only pick Victory if the alternative was AGE or 00 S2. I'd watch Stardust Memory sooner than I would Victory. It's hard to like it when so much of it feels like pointless UC retreads peppered with rape and the most bizarre politics in the entire Universal Century. Even Char's insane plan in CCA makes more sense than whatever Zanscare wanted.

And all this is without commentin' on the terrible mechanical designs. V2 and EZ are all Victory really had. Marbet's the only person worth savin' from the series. Marbet and maybe, just maaaaybe Uso. Maybe. If he could have a new VA.

I love the way you describe things. you are a treasure, Corvy.

This is doing a lousy job of not making us want to watch this.
Thats your intention isnt it?

When you guys put it that way:

Victory Gundam 1

I've got a good feeling about this one!

As others flee in terror, AnimeGaf bounds towards the carnage, gleefully hoping for a better view

Samurai Flamenco 06

So now there's more Flamenco Girls, the people instead of being saved want to capture Samumenco, but he manages to escape thanks to office utensils that he uses as weapons. This is awesome.

Anybody here seen Fantastic Children? I'm guessing yes? I'm planning to watch it soon, maybe not right now but in the near future. It looks pretty nice and I can see some potential in it. Character designs look great too. Also, as always, nice intro. I think it's fair to say that I'm excited to check it out. Not exactly the most recent series, coming out back in 2004, but its one of the more recent ones I'll be seeing in the sea of 80's and 90's junk I've been watching as of late, beautiful beautiful junk. Dat Nippon Animation.
Fantastic children is one of those anime who can't be described properly ..
it's just that awesome.

sooo...I should watch more Grisaia then..
This episode was slightly different than usual. But yeah , you probably should watch grisaia as it's good, even if it's not cajun-tier.
I really cant stand it when any sub translator does this. Its wholly unnecessary. Just put a small reference that says :referencing title (x) and let people decide if they want to research the connection. It takes up the whole screen and is a detriment to the art.
It's a parody translation of a parody, of a parody within a parody.
I can assure you it wasn't meant to be taken sériously.

Samurai Bride ep. 1-6:
screenshot_2_28795.jpg

LOL, this one is actually pretty damn fun so far. That shower scene with the "General of Love" and the squirting body soap was hilarious.. I drew unwanted attention to myself with that one, lol. The girls all kick butt and have good personalities so far, so that is a good change, also the action scenes are pretty well done and are fun to watch! The princess is also a childhood friend, so I can already kick her out of the chances to win his love also, but he did say he would start having to meet parents to "take responsibility," lol. Really though, the humor is good, (yes, very crude and ecchi here) and there is a lot of fanservice, I mean, ALOT. The plot and setting is intersting and the show has been a lot of fun so far, so it all works though. It's a harem anime, but it's pretty good liek Champione! so far, so we'll see where this one goes from here.

Please don't compare samurai bride to campione. Muneakira is not doing much as a lead... he is the typical spinless harem lead. Most of the core of what's happening is focused on the girls and the male lead is just an after tought. His contribution to battle is slim to none too.
Samurai bride is much closer to something like "sekirei" to campione. At least the Lead of sekirei is a wimp and they don't hide it.

How is this thing even remotely practical, even in the context of a giant mecha show? Like how does it fight? Is it nimble? Does it stand a chance?

Here's how it did it.
It looks just like a windmill right? Well it just stood in a field of windmills for 9 months and nobody found it. So it just made it to the final round! Of course when it came down to actually fighting it lost every time.

Mirai Nikki - 04

This reminded me of that kingsman church scene. Just when I thought there'd be a cool laid back and somewhat normal owner, he gears up his justice fetish suit and starts doing a weird dance. I feel Yuno is going to break any minute now

javac

=( Been saying for a bit now, that Fantastic Children was next on my list.

None-the-less, the art style is fantastic, beautiful hand drawn look to it all, probably is too. First sci-fi show in a long time and it's really interesting. Episode 10, things really start to heat up in terms of story, so there is quite a bit of content to watch.

Sorry! I'm just really surprised and happy that you're watching it! I don't stick around this thread as much as I should so I probably missed you talking about this but I'll go back and read your impressions and such :) Glad to hear that you like the show, can't wait to see it and I'll be on the look out for your future posts on it!

Fantastic children is one of those anime who can't be described properly ..
it's just that awesome.
Awesome! :D

Samurai Flamenco 07

Holy shit what's up with this sudden change of mood?

COME ON AND SAM.

AND WELCOME TO THE FLAM.

Here's how it did it.
It looks just like a windmill right? Well it just stood in a field of windmills for 9 months and nobody found it. So it just made it to the final round! Of course when it came down to actually fighting it lost every time.

And when it was time for the final battle against
the Devil Gundam, the country knew sending just one out wasn't going to do anything because of its poor fighting skills. So they decided to throw the other 38 that they had left at it!

You'll never see another anime where a country throws windmills at a giant devil robot.

Plastic Memories 10

This show is slowly taking a spot in my top 3 of this season. I don't know why though. Most of the story gets interuppted by unfunny SOL scenes and I dislike almost all of the side characters.

So yeah, why do I like this? Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for love stories.
I should've spent my time watching SNAFU instead of this

cajunator

Banned
new euph pv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZC_QIo3A44

you'll never guess who these two are

pKOxiec.png

KyoAni going HARD

I love this AMV so much. There are a few standouts and this is one of them.
Is there a list somewhere of the best popular AMVs?

11311310_107311132935941_1851963602_n.jpg

But really, it won't happen you guys.

She is so lovely

This month's issue of Shounen Ace will have a "serious announcement" regarding Nichijou. This possibly has something to do with the anime.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
No I wont get excited...
Man I just want blurays here. Please announce blurays..

I like how people change priorities when each episode of euphonium passes by.

*Starting of Euphonium*

"This show is awesome because it reminds me when I was in the band back then, production is superb and story is good!!"

*Middle of Euphonium*

"Yuri!! Awesome!! The only reason I watch this show!!and uhhhhhhh something about production uhhhhhhh.....did I say yuri? Awesome!!"

Nah its still about cuties and band music, only now with added yuri flavoring!

Cornbread78

Please don't compare samurai bride to campione. Muneakira is not doing much as a lead... he is the typical spinless harem lead. Most of the core of what's happening is focused on the girls and the male lead is just an after tought. His contribution to battle is slim to none too.
Samurai bride is much closer to something like "sekirei" to campione. At least the Lead of sekirei is a wimp and they don't hide it.

Yeah, I was specifically referring to the ladies with that comment. The ladies got some skills and aren't useless like other harems.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 10

This show is slowly taking a spot in my top 3 of this season. I don't know why though. Most of the story gets interuppted by unfunny SOL scenes and I dislike almost all of the side characters.

So yeah, why do I like this? Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for love stories.
I should've spent my time watching SNAFU instead of this

It's "moments" are really well executed in the series, so that is a big plus. Also, just wait for the Michiru spin-off LN they are making, lol.

Narag

Victory Gundam 4

I never fully appreciated the tribulations endured by brown anime girls. I'd have never known either if it wasn't for Tomino opening my eyes. Thank you, Yoshiyuki Tomino, wherever you are.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DanMachi 10

Disappointed that Hestia is joining the expedition. Because it means we have to deal with more Hestia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom