• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

Yeah but GBF was excellent. But no Aila, NO SALE.

This reminds me that anime has featured several awesome girls from Finland. Actually, the cast of Build Fighters has been kind of generous on that regard as a whole, because we've had the former champ Carlos Kaiser (you won't find either of those names used here, lol) Aila and Lucas 'Nemesis' Kankaansyrjä. Pretty good for a Nordic country with a population of 5.5 million, but I guess we do have a comparatively high rate of Japanese tourists here and vice versa.

Aila and Sofia 'Valmet' Velmer are the best anime Finns though.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 4

Well Flamenco girl is finally joining Samurai Flamenco and bringing down Justice on evil. I find it funny how she uses a magical girl baton that has a built in taser. I was surprised when Mari kissed the other Idol girl, didn't see that coming from a mile away.

Also it seems Mari has a uniform fetish and also has her eyes on Goto.😌

Samurai Flamenco Episode 4

Well Flamenco girl is finally joining Samurai Flamenco and bringing down Justice on evil. I find it funny how she uses a magical girl baton that has a built in taser. I was surprised when Mari kissed the other Idol girl, didn't see that coming from a mile away.

Also it seems Mari has a uniform fetish and has her eyes on Goto.😌

I'm just a little ahead of you but hear these words, they weren't kidding about this show. It'll hit you like a bus, just wait for it LMFAO.

Mirai Nikki - 05
8nq7ZFQ.jpg
giphy.gif
All sorts of shit going on. It's telling me to not trust anyone. I'm fairly happy with this outcome, more crazy on the team is always a good thing, how long it may last.
People dropping left and right, keep this pace up and there will be no one left by episode 11. The Murmur special done in clay was a cool touch.

Cornbread78

Mirai Nikki - 05

All sorts of shit going on. It's telling me to not trust anyone. I'm fairly happy with this outcome, more crazy on the team is always a good thing, how long it may last.
People dropping left and right, keep this pace up and there will be no one left by episode 11. The Murmur special done in clay was a cool touch.

This one is on my radar, isn't everyone supposed to die but 1 person, lol?

Suplexer

I marathoned the first season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy, and then realized that the second season is currently airing and is on Hulu as well.

Why does Hulu only have 5 episodes of both this and Ore Monogatari when they are on episode 11 and 10 respectively?

I marathoned the first season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy, and then realized that the second season is currently airing and is on Hulu as well.

Why does Hulu only have 5 episodes of both this and Ore Monogatari when they are on episode 11 and 10 respectively?

The episodes added to Hulu are from Sentai. They work deals with Crunchyroll so that Crunchy gets the "simulcast" rights and first airings while Sentai can add it to Hulu and TAN later for those who prefer those platforms.

jgminto

Yeah I know I should keep my expectations low but man is it hard.

Well, it's fairly likely that there's going to be a massive drop in animation quality after the first episode. You're currently watching the studio's last show and it looked like garbage for the majority of its run even though it was a Noitamina show.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 17

Well, the show's given me a pretty good idea on who
the fourth child is.

I wonder how this is going to play out.

Arcadius

Banned
Yeah no, it's al fun and games until you lose a nut or two.

Now that I think about it, I haven't watched any yandere anime. I know there are quite some VN's that do that stuff, what anime out there handle yandere situations well? Recommendations? Or is that stuff really violent and bloody? A comedy with yandere would be really good actually, some fan service too!

John Blade

Taiho.Shichauzo.full.54342.jpg

This OVA help me to break into this series quite well to the point I continue watching the TV series as of now. Because this is very short (4 episodes), it isn't a hard watch at all.

Each episodes explain quite well with the main characters you will be following. They're enough character development with the main character to the point it's fun watching them trying to solve the problem they face. The 1st episode talk about the two main female characters (Natsumi and Miyuki) and how they meet for the 1st time and try to work together to solve a situation and start a bonding as friend. The 2nd episode continue with this with a much bigger situation which can come down in life and death. Also, they bring in Miyuki friend and secret lover, Ken and how he help the two main character in they fight to save a kitten while at the same time to stop a racer during the situation. The 3rd episode talk about Miyuki and Ken and the love interested between themselves to the point it get to very sticky situation. The final episode which dealt with the breaking up with the main character and how they react with the situation and at the same time try to bring back normality even the trouble time between them. Don't worry, it end well at the end.

Also, the animation for the OVA still look great and age fine for today still. I still like the hand drawn animation and you can see how beautiful it look when you watch it. Unfortunately, if you continue watching this to the TV series (mostly in season 1) you will see the animation quality drop quite a bit. This is noticeable if you got yourself the You're Under Arrest DVD bundle from ANIMEIGO which I own.

For music, it's those 90s catchy tune which match the show well. Nothing feel out of touch and do listen to it once a while when I am at work. The intro song still catch my attention a bit more than it should be.

For the show and franchise itself, I guess if you never have the chance to read the manga but want to see if you will like the show, go watch the OVA as watching the OVA will give you a good idea if you like the show as the TV series (mostly season 1 as I am still watching), it's following the same formula in some way and another. Also, from the TV series, it will follow the typical 90s anime which each episode have is own story line which don't make it hard to watch and also, the plot isn't hard follow which is great if you just want to watch a show to have fun.

If you want to watch a fun 90s show that give you nostalgia of Japanese anime, give this show a try. It's well worth the watch and because 4 episodes, it's an easy watch. If you like it, go watch the entire series as it's a fun series to get yourself into.

Now, some pics from the show
tumblr_m2xj9vb5Db1r5zfj8o1_250.gif

tumblr_m2xj9vb5Db1r5zfj8o2_250.gif

I kinda felt that way when it went that way but stuck through it, it is still alright.

I don't know, I liked what they had at first. Then
monsters show up
and I'm surprised but chew it down. Now
we have a whole Power Rangers base, different coloured Rangers and morphing giant mechs to fight the enemies.
This is not what I wanted to watch :(

jgminto

I don't know, I liked what they had at first. Then
monsters show up
and I'm surprised but chew it down. Now
we have a whole Power Rangers base, different coloured Rangers and morphing giant mechs to fight the enemies.
This is not what I wanted to watch :(

Exactly, I felt the same. It went to shit as soon as they introduced the monsters.

Midonin

Episode 7 isn't where the show went off the rails. For me, that's when it became the kind of show I was expecting it to be in the first place.

And seriously, watch some toku. I'd suggest Kamen Rider Double and Go-Busters for a starter course.

javac

My Impression of You're Under Arrest (OVA Series)
Thanks for the impressions, I'm planning to watch this series one day. It does look pretty fun overall so I'm glad that you found it very enjoyable yourself. The fact that you thought the music was catchy pleases me, that's key for a series like this. Music was done by both Yasunori Iwasaki and Kow Otani? I had no idea! I look forward to hearing it. The fact that the TV series sees a drop in quality animation wise is par for the course really and is to be expected, but its great that the art transitions well in the end. The character designs themselves look pretty fun too, very charming. Atsuko Nakajima has done some nice character designs over the years, but I have to say that these look more distinct compared to her usual designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom