• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
ipif2AX.gif

The Kumiko goes "yuriiiiiiiiiii"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hyouka Episode 3:

Right, if nothing else Kyoto Animation is proving to be the masters of putting out dull shit that makes me very tired from boredom. I have better things to do then watching the lazy jerk and the empty vessel try and solve the world's most trite mysteries. Moving on to a different show.

TUSR

Banned
Hyouka Episode 3:

Right, if nothing else Kyoto Animation is proving to be the masters of putting out dull shit that makes me very tired from boredom. I have better things to do then watching the lazy jerk and the empty vessel try and solve the world's most trite mysteries. Moving on to a different show.

you need to be stopped

ibyea

Banned
Hyouka Episode 3:

XD

Sorry guys next episode has Trumpet in the title. The hype cannot be contained with your mere words.

It also has straight in the title.

Hyouka Episode 3:

The last 6 episodes are the best, you can watch those as they're mostly selfcontained.

PK Gaming

Hyouka Episode 3:

You should really watch until episode 5 for the conclusion on the "Hyouka" mystery.

Even if the anime isn't your thing, just power through it because the conclusion to episode 5 is incredible. Like, you can drop the show after that if you want, but you really ought to finish that part at least because it's legendary.

Trust me

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So you people actually want me to continue to endure Hyouka? I might do this but, well, you shouldn't be too surprised if it turns out I hate it and say more mean and nasty things about this show.

PK Gaming

So you people actually want me to continue to endure Hyouka? I might do this but, well, you shouldn't be too surprised if it turns out I hate it and say more mean and nasty things about this show.

It's worth the risk. If you have nothing good to say about the show after episode 5, then it will truly be a show that wasn't for you.

phaze

Hyouka Episode 3:

I generally mirror your thoughts on this one, though maybe without so much venom but I do think the titular mystery might be worth watching. I'd venture to say it's the only "not trite" detective story in the show. It won't sway your feelings on the series but given that you already watched 3 episodes, you might as well watch 2 more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This reminds me of when it was airing and everyone was all "where all da mysteries at???"

I confess I was one of these people.

Hyouka: I thought it was K-ON at first. Then I saw "Kyoto Animation". Yep, looks like they've lost the ability to draw anything else. Pass.

Lulz.

Defuser

This reminds me of when it was airing and everyone was all "where all da mysteries at???"
It's more like the mysteries is damn trivial and minor in the beginning that people overlook it. I forgot when Hyouka started to shine, was it after the school broadcast announcement or the school festival?

Thoraxes

Love Live S2

I stopped watching because

1. Nozomi being a real character is strange
2. Still not a fan of idol shows
3. I started to enjoy it

You stopped today on her birthday? You monster.

Just watch the only decent part, the school festival arc. Skip to it because you won't really miss much.

Thoraxes

If you guys didn't notice what was weird about this poster... (and i'm not sure how many of you could even tell the difference offhand)

Well, either the person who drew it has no concept of the size of mouthpieces, or, given their painstaking attention to detail so far...
that's a low brass mouthpiece, probably a euphonium mouthpiece. In her hands, that's way bigger than a trumpet mouthpiece.

brassmouthpieces6xrtn.jpg

fdc55f327cb7cc8db0b31osqvb.jpg

Thoraxes

All the Euphonium artwork is just there to bait people. I don't think that this confirms anything happening in the actual show.

We all know that. I'm just pointing out another subtle example of baiting people may not have picked up on if they aren't versed in brass mouthpieces.

Jarmel

Banned
Hyouka Episode 3:

It probably won't be your cup of tea at the end of the day so I guess it boils down to how much you want to impress the other posters in this thread. First few episodes can be painful to get through. It does get better I guess.

I mean if you actually hate Hyouka 3 episodes in then I'm already pretty sure you don't appreciate the direction. The mysteries aren't ever going to become anything bigger, as they're all relatively grounded. The characters have plenty depth and growth to them but...again, if you genuinely hate it so far, I have little faith that that's going to change much.

Mendrox

Hyouka is lame as fuck

Tried to watch it 4 times and once I got to episode 5. Didn't like that either and I watch almost every KyoAni series (except Free). Even worse than getting through Steins;Gate horrible beginning which has a very good payoff.

BR/DVD Sales June 1st-7th

Rank/This Weeks Sales/ Total Sales
*1. 6,676 *6,676 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Vol.4 Limited Edition
*2. 4,404 *4,404 Aikatsu! Movie Deluxe Edition
*3. 3,600 *3,600 Aikatsu! Movie Limited Super Deluxe Edition "Dai Starmiya Ichigo BOX"
*4. 1,477 14,066 Kantai Collection Vol.3 Limited Edition
*5. 1,361 19,344 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune Limited Edition
*6. 1,005 14,104 Sword Art Online II Vol.8 Limited Edition
*7. *,954 *8,143 Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Vol.2
*8. *,833 *8,140 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune Regular Edition
*9. *,818 **,818 Absolute Duo Vol.3
10. *,750 13,492 Shirobako Vol.6 Limited Edition
11. *,669 61,253 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.1
12. *,650 **,650 Etotama Vol.4
13. *,624 *7,793 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Vol.2 Limited Edition
14. *,476 *4,993 Amagi Brilliant Park Vol.6 Limited Edition
15. *,461 *6,746 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Vol.4 Limited Edition

Rank/This Weeks Sales/ Total Sales
DVD
*1. 2,239 *2,239 Aikatsu! Movie Deluxe Edition
*2. 1,681 10,331 Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Vol.2
*3. 1,155 *1,155 Aikatsu! Movie Regular Edition
*4. 1,021 *8,197 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune Regular Edition
*5. *,990 **,990 One Piece 17th Season "Dressrosa" Vol.12
*6. *,845 **,845 Naruto: Shippuuden "Ninkai Taisen - Uchiha Obito" Vol.3
*7. *,775 **,775 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Vol.4 Limited Ediiton
*8. *,730 79,031 Stand By Me Doraemon Limited Edition
*9. *,646 **,646 Pri Para Vol.9
10. *,414 19,069 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.1
11. *,408 33,972 Tonari no Totoro
12. *,394 *2,655 Kantai Collection Vol.3 Limited Edition
13. *,348 22,703 Omoide no Marnie
14. *,313 **,313 Happiness Charge Precure! Vol.16
15. *,292 **,292 Happiness Charge Precure! Vol.15
16. *,289 *1,285 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.3 Limited Edition
17. *,289 *2,929 Sword Art Online II Vol.8 Limited Edition
18. *,278 **,278 Absolute Duo Vol.3
19. *,239 *1,993 Akatsuki no Yona Vol.1
20. *,220 **,220 Aikatsu! Season 3 "Akari Generation" Vol.3 (eps.111-116)
21. *,214 17,709 Youkai Watch DVD-BOX Vol.2
22. *,214 *3,925 Diamond no Ace Vol.10

Theonik

Literally twitch chat.
kappa

If you guys didn't notice what was weird about this poster... (and i'm not sure how many of you could even tell the difference offhand)

Well, either the person who drew it has no concept of the size of mouthpieces, or, given their painstaking attention to detail so far...
that's a low brass mouthpiece, probably a euphonium mouthpiece. In her hands, that's way bigger than a trumpet mouthpiece.

brassmouthpieces6xrtn.jpg

fdc55f327cb7cc8db0b31osqvb.jpg
The lillies are real!

All the Euphonium artwork is just there to bait people. I don't think that this confirms anything happening in the actual show.
Silence infidel.

jgminto

Heh that's a good one! Although you should know that by using that name you've cursed yourself so everything you hype is a massive disappointment now.

NeonZ

Lupin (Red Jacket) - Episode 74

An episode in South Africa during the apartheid. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising considering how this show takes place in various points of the world, but, even so, something like that reminds me of how much the world has changed.

The apartheid is what leads to a black researcher developing a chameleon formula that ends up used by the villains here, but otherwise the story is unrelated.

But then, two episodes later, we get this...

Lupin (Red Jacket) - Episode 76

The president of an unnamed English speaking fictional nation, a major Western power, calls Lupin and his group for an important mission. Help the leader of the Black revolutionaries from the fictional country Borodias, who are fighting against the White oppressors who control the country, and are crushing the rebellion.

The plan was to take Othello, the revolution's leader to Europe, where they'd give indirect support to start a counterattack, and Lupin had been called to do it since they couldn't do that officially, since they're technically Borodia's allies. Lupin and his friends were promised large sums of money for that, and there's also Angelica, a woman from Jigen's past, who now became a Sister, helping in the revolution, giving a personal stake there for them.

What show am I even watching at this point? This entire premise is so outside of Lupin's formula that it might as well be a different series altogether. Lupin working for the government? There's not even any Zenigata chasing Lupin during most of the episode.

When they meet the revolutionaries, the situation is dire. Most are wounded and they have no chance against Borodias' government forces. However, Othello insists in continuing the battle. Lupin notices something odd about his appearance. After insistence from Lupin and Jigen, Dr.Othello initially hesitates, but decides to accept their plan and escape from the country, after all.
However, his airplane is shot down, right after taking off. Meanwhile, all revolutionaries there and Jigen's friend are killed by the army.

Still, the story doesn't stop there. Lupin notices something odd about Othello's body in the airplane's wreckage - In fact, it's not Othello at all. Some time afterwards, Fujiko is in a date with the higher up of the G.I.B. agency from the unnamed fictional western country - and they realize that Dr.Othello is actually said higher up.

The GIB higher up had altered his appearance into the one of a Black man to become the revolutionary leader in order to sabotage the revolution. If Borodia's government were toppled down, it could cause problems for the country's economy and the production of resources there, and due to them being commercial partners, it was never in they interest to see the revolution succeeding. So, the unnamed world power had set up Othello as the revolution's leader in order to make it fail.

Lupin compares finger prints from a cross carried by the sister, which had been touched by Othello, and a cup of glass held by the GIB director, proving that they're both the same person. Lupin and his gang go and confront the president alongside the GIB director. Zenigata finally arrives at this point, completely unaware of the entire story and just attempting to get Lupin as usual. This gives them time to get into a helicopter and fire at Lupin's group with the helicopter's machinegun. However, Lupin, Jigen and Goemon quickly blow up the helicopter and leave, leaving Zenigata attempting to rescue the president from the burning wreckage while promising to get Lupin for that (what happens to those two isn't explicitly shown, only the helicopter in flames and blowing up, with Zenigata shouting for him while next to the burning wreckage).

I guess going with fictional nations here should be a clear sign that they'd do something odd, like a certain episode that took place in not-Nazi Germany showed, but I didn't expect them to actually go that far.
A crazy conspiracy and Lupin possibly killing a nation's president in the same episode?

yeah I should probably pm a mod to change my name.

back on topic:
dungeon ni Deai etc ep 1 - current
I'm so surprised that I got hooked on dungeon ni Deai etc, its so gamey and its got me in such a gamey way,
even though the conspiracy they allude to doesn't really do much for me.

yeah I should probably pm a mod to change my name.

back on topic:
dungeon ni Deai etc ep 1 - current
I'm so surprised that I got hooked on dungeon ni Deai etc, its so gamey and its got me in such a gamey way,
even though the conspiracy they allude to doesn't really do much for me.

Which conspiracy? That
Syr is Freya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom