• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which conspiracy? That
Syr is Freya?

nah just more generally that there is some master plan for the MC, its fine in the background but i'm not really looking forward to it when it unravels itself.
I perhaps chose the wrong word to describe what i was thinking.

Puruzi

Banned
nah just more generally that there is some master plan for the MC, its fine in the background but i'm not really looking forward to it when it unravels itself.
There isn't a master plan for Bell, that chick just wants to toy with him then fuck him.

Razmos

ive been kind of curious about this series. What do you like about it? If I liked Vividred would I like this?
Sorry about the late reply, I was sleeping (timezones >_>)
What I like about the show is that all the characters have a good amount of depth, even the main character who seems very cookie cutter happy all the time optimist actually has a lot more going on than it first seems.

The soundtrack is fantastic, the artwork is great, the storyline is dramatic and often takes some pretty big twists and turns, there's a good deal of friendship and nice moments (and some hinted Yuri). The big fight scenes are usually pretty epic because of the singing that accompanies them, and a lot of episodes end on some pretty great cliffhangers.

The tone is a bit darker than Vividred, but it fits nicely in with the setting of the show itself.

Also did I mention that the soundtrack is fantastic? it really is.

cajunator

Banned
If Aiz is Steins;gate-tier, then Hestia is Garzey's Wing-tier.

Thats an insult to Garzey's Wing!

Wait a minute....

The former is very likely to lead to latter. I most certainly would bother with that psycho.

Ohhh shit. Bell kun is so screwed.

Thanks for the impressions, I'm planning to watch this series one day. It does look pretty fun overall so I'm glad that you found it very enjoyable yourself. The fact that you thought the music was catchy pleases me, that's key for a series like this. Music was done by both Yasunori Iwasaki and Kow Otani? I had no idea! I look forward to hearing it. The fact that the TV series sees a drop in quality animation wise is par for the course really and is to be expected, but its great that the art transitions well in the end. The character designs themselves look pretty fun too, very charming. Atsuko Nakajima has done some nice character designs over the years, but I have to say that these look more distinct compared to her usual designs.

This show is freaking awesome. Watch it asap.

Cornbread78

Well that would make sense considering her earlier reaction.

cajunator

Banned
Utena (1-END)

bkkA917.jpg

So I finally got around to watching this, and well, I'm kinda struggling to come up with things to say about it. Utena was...uh... well it's hard to put into words! I guess the single best word to describe it would be experience? Utena was an experience. An amazing experience. I'm sure by now you've heard people praise it, and it honestly lives up to the hype. Really. I was instantly hooked after watching a few episodes, and it never stopped being great There's nothing I can say about it that hasn't been said already; it's a character driven story that examines and deconstructs a bunch of themes like the definition of prince, gender politics, sexuality, adulthood and way more. It's engrossing—a veritable rollercoaster of emotions with a unique structure that makes it easy to watch more and more. But you know what? It's also goofy as hell. There are a handful of lighthearted episodes that are interspersed throughout the show, and while they seem out of place on paper, they're pretty solid as breather episodes. To wrap things up, I don't think I did this anime justice, but it's okay because you can find out for yourself if it's a good giving it a proper watch.

0Ufguvx.gif

so yeah, get to it

This series is easily the most unique and original anime I have come across. Theres just nothing else remotely like it. Its special. Deserves all the praise it gets.

tumblr_nob94nl47E1s5e5bko1_400.gif

Someone please get an ambulance to my place.

I don't think I'm going to make it after:

• The older neesan cat girl returned and asked for dragon babies.
  • Akeno dressing up in a see-through Miko outfit.
  • And seeing perhaps the greatest ass picture this season will ever produce.

This show knows how to please an audience.

Random question for the night. After watching more Shuffle! last night, then Samurai Bride today, I've come to realize that I hate how some of the harem's are depicted. I mean, in Shuffle, the girls are shown as being hurt and miserable a majority of the time, so much, it's almost painful to watch/gringe-worthy.. It's not as bad in Samurai Bride, but still. Are there any happy harems out there, lol?

Maburaho!

Arcadius

Banned
actually, I own a boxset of Fantastic Children. Ive never actually watched it yet but its on the watchlist.

I loves you buddy

Fantastic Children is quite amazing I think, you should try watching it when you can.

And you're most definitely being extra cute and sweet lately! I loves you too Cajun!

No Scho... Oh, right. Better not recommend that unless you want to be banned ;P

Pfft.
Watch Mirai Nikki. Don't watchElfen Lied

Ayase in Oreimo is kinda comedy yandere.

And nothing really that bad happens in Shuffle... but it's not comedy yandere.

Thanks for the info MikeHattsu! I'll take a look into them.

Arcadius

Banned
Every time I see this picture I am tempted to watch this show. I must resist.

That's some strong will you possess, seeing a picture like that is all I need to watch something, hehehe.

I'll keep the avatar for now :p

This is incredible and absolutely amazing and funny, what a great way to start the day off.

Brb, deleting my account. Bye friends.

Don't go! You will be sorely missed, duckroll!

Defuser

I could update duckroll's avatar but I don't have his original source avatar anymore and I don't play terra battle. Saya duckroll is outdated now.

Branduil

If duckroII posts on gaming side and ends up getting banned someone is going to think that duckroll got de-modded and banned, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom