• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Tried to watch it 4 times and once I got to episode 5. Didn't like that either and I watch almost every KyoAni series (except Free). Even worse than getting through Steins;Gate horrible beginning which has a very good payoff.

Steins;Gate's opening episodes actually had purpose though. All the details in them set up the later story even in ways nobody expected. Hyouka just meanders around aimlessly before getting its shit together halfway. Even then the payoff is very weak.

i'm a new member, my account just got activated, the Ls in my name are actually capital I s.

Ohhh shit.
I was confused for a minute.

Sorry about the late reply, I was sleeping (timezones >_>)
What I like about the show is that all the characters have a good amount of depth, even the main character who seems very cookie cutter happy all the time optimist actually has a lot more going on than it first seems.

The soundtrack is fantastic, the artwork is great, the storyline is dramatic and often takes some pretty big twists and turns, there's a good deal of friendship and nice moments (and some hinted Yuri). The big fight scenes are usually pretty epic because of the singing that accompanies them, and a lot of episodes end on some pretty great cliffhangers.

The tone is a bit darker than Vividred, but it fits nicely in with the setting of the show itself.

Also did I mention that the soundtrack is fantastic? it really is.

thanks. Ill check this out too. At some point in the future lol.

Fantastic Children is quite amazing I think, you should try watching it when you can.

And you're most definitely being extra cute and sweet lately! I loves you too Cajun!

Thanks for the info MikeHattsu! I'll take a look into them.

Thanks buddy :)

Every time I see this picture I am tempted to watch this show. I must resist.

Same. Aikatsu is just too long for me to reasonably get much out of watching it. But I appreciate Zachy's picture contributions from it!

Joe Molotov

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute a.k.a
OreImo

Ok, lol, WTF is this one.. comedy, right, right?

Haha, yeah. A comedy. It's hilarious.

0eazs.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oreimo

AnimeGAF is gonna play hide the ball on this one with you, but its incest. In the most pandering way possible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
More or less. I still like it more then Euphonium.
I dropped both, but I will say lesbian Harry Potter was the more interesting of the two for me anyway.

It's tough. I accepted it as' is because of the theme of the show, however, a little pay-off for Sakura would have been nice.

Is there any other source material for the series or was that it?

A lot of room for more there.

The manga is still ongoing and, no, Nozaki is still clueless and Chiyo is suffering.
Yeah, there's the manga. But it's premise is hinged on shoujo tropes being played for laughs, so her failed confessions (and the failed confessions between the tomboy girl and the other guy) are just a part of the premise.

No, people didn't expect or really want that even because everyone already understood this is just a rather episodic show with no real overarching development. However, they then shoved this kind of confession scene in there at the end anyways, letting Nozaki go out of character in order to deliver a poor bait. Because really, it needed to end this way, the cheapest kind of "he misunderstood her LOL" joke.

It's no big deal anyways, but still left a sour taste for the ending.
I just think it's silly to have expected that scene to be any different. Like, the show has been like that from the very beginning... it's not going to throw in a random happy ending for the sake of the show.... especially if it's an adaptation of an ongoing manga.

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume~ ♪( ´θ`)ノ

Okay I'll stop now. ;P
No reason to stop. lol

Midonin

Mikagura School Suite 10

Seisa is definitely hiding something. The ghost hunt was fun, and it looks like the stage is being laid for the finale. Eruna's come a long way in 10 episodes.

What's the name of that other incest show again? The one with the magical chastity belt!

Either way, that one is even 'better' and just the right thing for Cornbread.

Hmm I think it was sth like "Recently my sister is behaving unusual" or so.

I just think it's silly to have expected that scene to be any different. Like, the show has been like that from the very beginning... it's not going to throw in a random happy ending for the sake of the show.... especially if it's an adaptation of an ongoing manga.

Again, that is not the problem. The cheap, baiting joke that even has someone go out of characterization just to 'fool' the audience especially much. It was a weaker moment of the quite decent comedy.

Oreimo

Uhhhhh... Ahahahaha... aha... ah.

Gotta be rather awkward how everyone must know at this point what she fantasizes about when doing the deeds.

But I really liked how the interaction between her and Kaori showed that Kaori really would like take the solo part after all, even after already losing out. Sure, Kaori always acted adamant being okay with the audition results and she'd as if she'd prefer Yuko to remain silent, but she probably really appreciated Yuko's effort (I mean she outright thanked her twice for it) and was having some hope left. If that weren't the case she probably would've reacted much more upset and shut Yuko down for good instead of letting her continuously bring it up and disrupting everyone.

Yeah I liked that bit too and I am glad that she will get to have another shot at it. Yuko is like a pest though, just like you said everyone must know that she cares about is that other girl. It's so annoying.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah, well, hopefully. Are they going to animate more of the material? It was pretty successful, wasn't it?

Here is the thing, they are pretty caught up to the manga when the specials are factored in, so even if it was it is going to be a wait.

cajunator

Banned
Aww Duckroll Blue is no more. Should we at least give Deleteeeeee a chance to change their username to something they want?

This is amazing to watch.

Wait why does someone have the same Avatar as I do? I though the Avatar's purpose was to bring shame on the user.😒

Curse you Terra Battle! Curse you Mobile Games!

All the ecchi shows are gonna suck.😏

The ecchi shows have their audience. Let them enjoy!

5451353+_e10bb25569cb399e6c8310d83bae1066.jpg

I'm just fucking around. I couldn't not do it :p

This is incredible really. My coworkers will love this.

Just watched the first episode of Sound! Euphonium, dat K-On character-for-character design, can't handle it; literally mini-Ritsu and mini-Tsumugi

So you name the best two K-ons and thats a bad thing?

Euphonium 10

yuri shippers rip

get out.

I DONT CARE. I SHIP IT.

China banning that anime

I was reading about that earlioer. they missed some, like Berserk and Dokuro chan!
Then there was that whole 80-90s super violent anime run.

cajunator

Banned
Sound! Euphonium Episode 10:

You really thought they would give up the game at a random episode? No, that saga doesn't conclude until the final episode and I will flay this show for that in its due course. No, today, I am going to express reservations over a sub-plot that has always been there but now has been thrown into sharp relief.
It turns out Reina actually carries a strong torch, a deep torch for Taki and if this goes down the serious route, well then, fuck this show 13 ways to Sunday for trying to pass me a romance between a high schooler and an adult.
Right, there is something else I want to talk about today, something that I have been meaning to bring up but have not gotten around to until now. I want to correct a mistake made about this program, this isn't just a show about a concert band. This is a show about High School and I mean more than usual this is a show about High Schoolers and all of the little concerns, joys, problems and cliques that come with that designation. It is actually quite the brilliant turn as it means the concern band doesn't exist in a vacuum and is actually affected by outside events. The down side is it reminds me of how petty, petulant and pointless a lot of High School actually was and I get bored by its inherent tedium at points. Anyway, not the final curtain call on anything by any means, so we have more time before the riots start.

I doubt that KyoAni is done teasing yet. they know what that episode did to get more people into the show. They wont pass up the chance.

As I read Shard's post I imagined dark clouds gathering, cooler wind blowing and how quiet the world gets right before a bad thunderstorm starts.

I didnt have to imagine that because thats exactly whats going on, except there is also high winds and funnel clouds.

Just a reminder that high school actually sucks. I honestly don't understand why anime romanticizes it.

Another reason why Lucky Star OVA is p good.

High School was awesome! What are you talking about?
Granted I wasnt involved in the drama part of it, just the good stuff.

jgminto

I'm SHOCKED that Kyoani's queer relationship teasing ended up being a load of total bullshit. But what the heck did you people expect when a show is 10 episodes in on a 13 episode run? There's little they could do in a relationship in that time, especially in a show revolving around a larger cast than just those two characters. But I'm sure many just wanted to have their creepy fantasies about pure gardens and other shit like that so it wouldn't matter whether they actually developed the relationship or not.

I'm SHOCKED that Kyoani's queer relationship teasing ended up being a load of total bullshit. But what the heck did you people expect when a show is 10 episodes in on a 13 episode run? There's little they could do in a relationship in that time, especially in a show revolving around a larger cast than just those two characters. But I'm sure many just wanted to have their creepy fantasies about pure gardens and other shit like that so it wouldn't matter whether they actually developed the relationship or not.

They didn't do very good about "larger cast characters" for this show, i mean this episode is pretty good for this part, but overall just okay.

For "queer relationship" i guess episode 8 sure attracted many yuri fans, so it's not really surprising, but the show still good, i don't think they won't admit that.

Then again if a show comes with romance part, that means it can't make everyone happy.

Theonik

Because what we got instead is very well developed.

Mandelbo

I remember when I took a look at Oreimo. I dropped it when she got her own anime halfway through, because that's just silly! Luckily I never got to the point where it became pandering, as it were.

Sterok

Mikagura 10

Eruna downgrades from her mansion to a club room. Someone in the academy is a mad scientist. Dark secrets involving flying cats. Ghosts. The newspaper club doesn't fool around. Seems that some people have weak stomachs. Eruna can't be the ghost though. She's been in the mansion for awhile, which means she couldn't have scared people lately. Though something is going on. Meanwhile Otone gets to properly confront Seisa, and Seisa just takes the beating. Not sure where this is going.

cajunator

Banned
Looks like the yuri dream is dead I guess. Maybe next time, right? At least Euphonium is still a great looking show about band, so I'll look forward to that aspect when I decide to watch, plus the totally cute girls!

the yuri dream never dies my friend!

Sound Eupho ep 10

fm24736.gif

Natsuki-senpai cements her spot as one of the best Hibike girl.

Yuri flag is dead!? No, never! We wouldn't give up!

Basically every girl in Euphonium could potentially be best girl. Its so good.
Any choice is the correct one.

Last blog updates for this trip:
Love Live - Shrine

Tokyo Anime Center - Grisaia Anime

Steins;Gate - Shrine Building

Love Live - Kanda

Will probably update again in November :p

SO jelly. So so jelly.

Yaaaaaay! Nice pictures as always Mike!

That .gif is super duper squee worthy cute!

I like the way you think :D

wtf? a groping club?

jman2050

Sound! Euphonium 1-10

Hey KyoAni makes a show about music that actually is indeed about music. I'm proud of you!

It's been a while since I could just sit down and enjoy one of their shows without feeling like I've been wasting my time.

cajunator

Banned
People want lilies, Mikagura has it in spades and it is no bullshit either.

Well thats great to hear. Surprised you are enjoying that show to be honest.

Cajun plz

Well ok they would miss drunk Chitanda, and that Kininarimasu hallucination which are worth seeing.

Oreimo

Oh its hilarious alright...

cajunator

Banned
Ugghh, gone from the queue, I had a feeling...

Just know, this is best girl.

What's the name of that other incest show again? The one with the magical chastity belt!

Ohhh god. FUCK IMOCHO. FUCK THAT SHOW SO MUCH. ABORT MISSION.

Yeah, well, hopefully. Are they going to animate more of the material? It was pretty successful, wasn't it?

yeah, but it could have been tongue in cheek, but yeah..

Hehee tongue in cheek you say...There was that

I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying: 2nd Thread Episode 9

A new monster will lure in my nightmares...

g3aRU5o.jpg

This show is so good. Seriously. Despite being really short episodes its one of the more enjoyable things.

It has
Metal Gear
though.

Euphonium 10

Welp, I guess I called everything on this one. Now we just wait until Kumiko and Shuuichi get together and all will be right in this world.
Kousaka is also going to bring down justice in the next audition but that's pretty obvious, it would be kinda cool if she failed though.

Anyway, pretty good episode like always. Really loving this drama. I kinda want to know what's up with Asuka, she's acting pretty wierd.

This seems relevant for those of you who are only watching this for the "yuri".
Do people like that really exist?

Midonin

Is it any good? Worth watching?
I enjoyed it (though I haven't seen any of the current season - my Saturdays have enough anime as it is), though it feels more like a radio show with animation. If you like something like gdgd Fairies, you'll like it.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just going to take these yuri tears as a sign of comeuppance for the constant disrespect of Free!

So just like with Oreshura

ng1kiSF.png

Oreshura is good. It deserves a bluray, which will never happen ;_;

So, Celestial Method is getting a bonus "short animation" episode.

Sweet. That show was a guilty pleasure of mine from the fall season last year.

I hope it takes place after the finale so it can be drama free. A happy little epilogue episode is what I really wanted from that show when it finished.

More Noel = happy days!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 10:

So over here on the actual yurified show that you should be watching ironically enough is also proving that love is a complicated game especially when it is fueled by multiple people. I'll be honest, this has become my show of the season, I know it isn't really the best show of the season on many levels but hot damn it there hasn't been a program that has me more emotionally invested and given my genuine entertainment this season. Anyway, Eruna is moving on with life as she now has her own room and her own club and while she has not earned a partner or even surrounded herself wholly with cute girls she certainly has developed a sizable clique of friends of the course of the series. Also, this show is beginning to establish bigger questions like this factory place right our of Eva that probably are not going to be answered until a hypothetical Season 2. Anyway, much of this social group gets pressed into helping the newspaper club into cosplaying as the Scooby Gang for the night while Eruna's love interests have a hashing out over feelings. My patience with Seisa is really being tested because beyond the obvious tragedy that is haunting her there has nothing to this character in the past few episodes other then wallowing in jealousy and self-pity. I wish I could be on Team Otone because she is being proactive and honest with her feelings and damn it she just wants her beloved to be happy no matter what path is taken. Yes, I am looking forward to the next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Damn, why would someone waste their time on some unconfirmed relationship if there are actual yuri anime out there lol.

It was also really obvious that it wasn't going to happen

Kinda wondered that too. theres an anime this season that is going full out yuri as we speak.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Damn, why would someone waste their time on some unconfirmed relationship if there are actual yuri anime out there lol.

They were baited by Episode 8 which took this friendship and framed it in much more romantic terms blatantly to lure an audience who would otherwise not give it the time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom