• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Eater 13

Don't really have too much to say about this one. Free was amusing to watch and the fight between him and Soul/Maka was good. I do look forward to seeing how
the black blood affects Soul and Maka.

jediyoshi

Hibike! Euphorium 10

LbE0wRB.png

cBrnS2u.png

10/10 kumikos. she's better off dropping tuba and midori at this point as sidekicks

I imagine that is about as yuri as what Euphonium ended up being, as in not really.

Er, of course it was. The distinction is that that was unrequited and this is perceived, TLS's story doesn't even make sense unless you acknowledge that it was happening at all

Himemiya

Tesagure! Bukatsumono/Tesabu is one of the best comedy anime out there.

If you like gdgd Fairies then you'd like to know the script guy for season 1 of that show (Koutarou Ishidate) is the creator of this show. It is also animated in MMD, but this time with more proportional anime girl models, as opposed to SD fairies or robots. You will see that the show actually requires more accurately-rigged and articulated models to pull off its physical gags...
gZfzG9c.jpg
UWXeo2p.jpg

...like the smears.
This show is basically Ishidate humour refined to an art. I would also describe it as a meta and absurdist take on girls-group SOL anime, but it also takes on many other genres and the Japanese culture of school clubs and festivals.

It has tons of adlib and the seiyuu have great chemisty with each other. A lot of their real personalities shine through, the show basically becomes a podcast when they get very into the adlib, to the point where it takes up half of some episodes' runtimes. When they laugh you can't help but smile as well, they really drive each other crazy though, and there's a lot of talking over each other and a natural flow of converstaion in those segments. Also one of girls is voiced by Karin Ogino (who played Akiba Yellow) in her only anime role.
And all the (11 minute) episodes are up right now!

Samurai Flamenco 9

Welp it seems Flamenco Girl got to cocky for her own good. It seems reporter-kun is gonna turn into a monster for the sake of entertainment. I have to say this show has definitely taken a dark turn.

Final showdown shall commence.

Midonin

Also one of girls is voiced by Karin Ogino (who played Akiba Yellow) in her only anime role.
That's partly why I watched it in the first place.

Though speaking of Sentai yellows and voice acting, I'm glad that Mao Ichimichi's career is going well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why are people so anti-yuri all of a sudden? Who cares if they are or not?

I can answer this one, the yuri question surrounding Euphonium has almost subsumed any and all discussion around the show and the loud voices got annoying to some people so a backlash is at hand.

wonzo

Banned

If you like gdgd Fairies then you'd like to know the script guy for season 1 of that show (Koutarou Ishidate) is the creator of this show. It is also animated in MMD, but this time with more proportional anime girl models, as opposed to SD fairies or robots. You will see that the show actually requires more accurately-rigged and articulated models to pull off its physical gags...
sold

cajunator

Banned
I can answer this one, the yuri question surrounding Euphonium has almost subsumed any and all discussion around the show and the loud voices got annoying to some people so a backlash is at hand.

I suppose maybe but its getting ridiculous the other way as well.
Does mikagura not have a right to exist?

Jarmel

Banned
Euphonium-10

I really hated the fuck out of the trumpet drama. This was by the far the most melodramatic of the bunch and good god did I hate it.

Puruzi

Banned
That just means that more people like talking about yuri though. The people that don't want to talk about yuri can talk about the actual show amongst themselves. Plenty of people in this thread seem to like talking about the show, and not the yuri parts, so it isn't even an issue.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

This show is basically Ishidate humour refined to an art. I would also describe it as a meta and absurdist take on girls-group SOL anime, but it also takes on many other genres and the Japanese culture of school clubs and festivals.

It has tons of adlib and the seiyuu have great chemisty with each other. A lot of their real personalities shine through, the show basically becomes a podcast when they get very into the adlib, to the point where it takes up half of some episodes' runtimes. When they laugh you can't help but smile as well, they really drive each other crazy though, and there's a lot of talking over each other and a natural flow of converstaion in those segments. Also one of girls is voiced by Karin Ogino (who played Akiba Yellow) in her only anime role.

And all the (11 minute) episodes are up right now!

gdgd dudes working on this? a compelling argument

Jarmel

Banned
Usually but that is one of the truly brilliant/infuriating parts of Euphonium, the melodrama isn't exaggerated, this is actual High School drama we are seeing on the screen.

I sure as hell felt like it was this episode. Maybe it's the reverence the Japanese have the senior/junior relationship but this just felt amped up to 11.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The other show lesson here is that fangirls/fanboys ruin everything, kind of meta now that I think about it.

jman2050

Well I guess the show succeeded in that front. Then for ribbons to actually get her wish made me even more pissed off.

All it's going to accomplish is Kaori getting publicly shamed when Reina blows her out of the water so she loses regardless!

Jarmel

Banned
Not to mention that it's now democratic, was completely the wrong move. It shows that you're not confident in your initial decision nor with your ability to explain why X player is better. Not to mention if the difference is slight, some of the other sections might not be able to pick up the minute variations.

All it's going to accomplish is Kaori getting publicly shamed when Reina blows her out of the water so she loses regardless!

I can understand if you heard both play and so think one party is better but she didn't. Especially when the party you're defending has told you to leave it alone. This is like something you would do to a person you don't like.

cajunator

Banned
The other show lesson here is that fangirls/fanboys ruin everything, kind of meta now that I think about it.

No they dont. People get what they want from a show. If you are going to like or hate something based on what others think about it thats pretty sad.
Just be a fan of what you like and dont worry about how others perceive it.

ibyea

Banned
Usually but that is one of the truly brilliant/infuriating parts of Euphonium, the melodrama isn't exaggerated, this is actual High School drama we are seeing on the screen.

Man, my high school life was sure dull in comparison to other people's high school experience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Obviously she's going to win. The point of this to show that you cannot fudge the lines between a good player and a great player, unless they're very close, without outright lying. Kousaka is going to prove it to all of them that they're 1000 years too early to challenge her solo part.

Obviously she's going to win. The point of this to show that you cannot fudge the lines between a good player and a great player, unless they're very close, without outright lying. Kousaka is going to prove it to all of them that they're 1000 years too early to challenge her solo part.

Pretty much. I could see either of the two winning (Koari if she's only slightly worse) but I think it'll be Kousaka, especially after stating how damn seriously she's going to take it if she has to fight for the spot again.

An anime that's great and/or similar to Shinsekai Yori, GO!!!!

Really might just re-watch this series but I was wondering if any other anime comes close to it.

cajunator

Banned
Man, my high school life was sure dull in comparison to other people's high school experience.

My high school life wasnt filled with drama, but it wasnt dull either. I had fun. Made lots of friends. I just didnt delve into peoples personal lives. Stayed out of that shit.

An anime that's great and/or similar to Shinsekai Yori, GO!!!!

Really might just re-watch this series but I was wondering if any other anime comes close to it.

Thats rather difficult because SSY is really good and pretty unique. Cant really think of another anime that compares to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom