• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo Bizarre Adventure 13

"Santama is inside me" lol.😏 Still respect for Stroheim for blowing himself up to weaken Santama.

Is Joseph this much of a troll, he spent most of the episode screwing around Santama. Finally the commentary this series does is beyond amazing.

Cornbread78

Deceptive. Unlike the actual source material, anime Kirito doesn't actually get a girls Avatar, he just looks a little feminine. Outrageous.

LOL.. Well GAF is still a little Yuri crazy so...

tumblr_nge13vAxcC1twnbuio1_500.jpg

tumblr_npj4t15fia1src42wo1_500.gif

Have you watched Shinsekai Yori or anything by Satoshi Kon yet? If not then you still have some A tier material left :p

Shinsekai Yori, yes, that was one of the first ones everyone made me watch, lol.
Satoshi Kon? Search keeps bringing up a director...

Mandelbo

Shinsekai Yori, yes, that was one of the first ones everyone made me watch, lol.
Satoshi Kon? Search keeps bringing up a director...

Ah, good on you for watching Shinsekai Yori. Satoshi Kon was a director, a very good one at that. While most of his anime works are films, he has done a very unique series called Paranoia Agent, which I believe I've brought up before. It's one of my personal favourites and you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch it. The story is incredibly interesting and Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack is sublime!

Saudades

I think the important question that needs to be answered is - how much screen time does Melda get?
Well...Melda got a few seconds in a short recap.
And for the rest of the film we kinda get a lesser version of her.

Unfortunately, with that I think I'very burned through most of the A tier material and now onto the B tier stuff, lol
Yeah...not trying to be condescending or anything (tbh you prob have watched more anime than me by this point) but I've been watching anime for a long while focusing mostly on what I think is the A-material and I still don't think I've watched a tenth of what's out there.
I found these lists when I started lurking at animegaf a few years ago which had recommended me some great titles that helped develop my taste. Dunno how many of them are online but you could use it for reference.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414748
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347831

Steroyd

Jojo - 47

Oh my that was awesome, dat intro, so hyped and Dio is just F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Stardust Crusaders 47

I like how Jotaro was talking to himself, checking out
his book armor beneath his shirt,
despite the fact that Dio was like 10 meters from him. (But of course he didn't see that and thought him dead/close to dying.)

Generally, though the execution was good, I feel this episode was an asspull galore. Araki made an overpowered villain and to have him defeated he has to resort to contrived writing. In the process giving
out power ups for Jotaro and reducing Dio to an idiot
. Not that the latter ever had much brains.

At least it seems
Joseph is still alive. Maybe to deliver a few final farewell sappy lines but I'll take what I can get.

The additions to the opening were pretty great.

I think how Jotaro fought him makes sense, Dio's power comes from the Joestar bloodline and we see him use his version of old man Joseph's hermit purple in the first half of part 3, I figured this was pretty much going to be the solution after seeing Dio's stand in action.

Cornbread78

Well...Melda got a few seconds in a short recap.
And for the rest of the film we kinda get a lesser version of her.

Yeah...not trying to be condescending or anything (tbh you prob have watched more anime than me by this point) but I've been watching anime for a long while focusing mostly on what I think is the A-material and I still don't think I've watched a tenth of what's out there.
I found these lists when I started lurking at animegaf a few years ago which had recommended me some great titles that helped develop my taste. Dunno how many of them are online but you could use it for reference.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414748
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347831

TBA, I was referrring to more of the slice of life/romance stuff. I really haven't watched anything from the 80's and 90's at all. Everythign I've seen is much more recent and available for streaming.

Planetes

Boy, I can't stand this Tanabe character. She actually threatened to chuck someone's coffin into the atmosphere rather than respect the wishes of the family. How does somebody become that self righteous and preachy?

I'm hoping she dies soon in an accident.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 14

Why is everyone in this show so fabulous? The enemies start posing in fabulous ways and then Joseph along with Caesar start posing as well. Is this supposed to be a posing contest because man is it amazing. It seems Caesar is the grandchild of Zeppeli, too bad both Caesar and Joseph don't get along like their grandfathers. Also when Mark said he was getting married
that triggered his death, RIP.

Also goddamn are these enemies too OP, one of them just deflated a group of soldiers like balloons.

Arcadius

Banned
Kanon 20

Why do I get the feeling that they're making excuses to keep Ayu out of the kitchen?

And Yuichi's progress has unlocked the Ayu bath scene. lewd.

Now a grammar lesson. Compelling relationship stuff.

Yeah, Ayu's "school" doesn't sound like any Japanese school I've ever heard of. Wonder what's going on there.

Don't tell me that Ayu fell from the tree.

Kind of funny for Yuichi to say, "It doesn't matter. It's all in the past.", when his past has recently had a way of catching up with him.

:O

So good, oh so good, you're almost there!! I'm cheering for ya!

javac

Some random tidbits from the recent Anime Limited Podcast:
  • Apparently a Space Dandy film was considered back in Japan at one point. Might still be in the works.
  • A Space Dandy guest will be at the MCM Manchester panel.
  • Sword Art Online II is making quick progress, submission to the BBFC will happen this week and the packaging samples are in hand now.
  • Some news for Scotland Loves Anime is coming soon.
  • Both PrismaIllya and Fuse are currently being worked on. They like the Japanese artwork for PrismaIllya so they're most likely going to be sticking to it.
  • A few secret projects are in the works. Stay Tuned.

Q&A:
  • Anime Limited are interested in getting commentaries for the Bacanno Blu-ray, very optimistic, but isn't finalized yet.
  • Full Metal Panic is making progress, currently waiting for the JP HD video that they'll then compare with US Funmation master in order to save money. Waiting for the packaging assets. Should be out late Q4 this year.
  • Escaflowne is slated for the end of the year, more complex project. Many challenges in regards to the director's cuts, as the subtitles needs to be translated and re-timed in order to match the director's cuts. Retailers require items to be listed one quarter in advance at least for pre-orders etc. Won't put pre-ordres up until everything is going smoothly, avoiding Gurren Lagann problems with release slipping. Got cool ideas for the set.
  • Titles going out of print in the UK don't really have an impact, outside of certain examples like Neon Genesis Evangelion, which rights have been unavailable at any price for distributors.
  • Both Anime Limited and everybody else in the UK is interested in securing Neon Genesis Evangelion rights, but the rights are completely unavailable at the moment. Funimation probably getting priority.
  • Anime Limited at the moment do not have the rights to Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya Second and Third season.
  • Interested in getting early Miyazaki/Takahata works, but things like Sherlock Hound never sold well in the UK. Very interested however.
  • Would rather make own collector editions rather than sharing with other distributors, but isn't completely opposed to sharing costs.
  • Gundam: The Origin, Part 2 - info soon as well as more Gundam news.
  • Many other licenses still to be announced during this summer & autumn, include two that have just recently been acquired.

Link

Some random tidbits from the recent Anime Limited Podcast:
  • Apparently a Space Dandy film was considered back in Japan at one point. Might still be in the works.
  • A Space Dandy guest will be at the MCM Manchester panel.
  • Sword Art Online II is making quick progress, submission to the BBFC will happen this week and the packaging samples are in hand now.
  • Some news for Scotland Loves Anime is coming soon.
  • Both PrismaIllya and Fuse are currently being worked on. They like the Japanese artwork for PrismaIllya so they're most likely going to be sticking to it.
  • A few secret projects are in the works. Stay Tuned.

Q&A:
  • Anime Limited are interested in getting commentaries for the Bacanno Blu-ray, very optimistic, but isn't finalized yet.
  • Full Metal Panic is making progress, currently waiting for the JP HD video that they'll then compare with US Funmation master in order to save money. Waiting for the packaging assets. Should be out late Q4 this year.
  • Escaflowne is slated for the end of the year, more complex project. Many challenges in regards to the director's cuts, as the subtitles needs to be translated re-timed in order to match the director's cuts. Jason Sevakis will working on the discs. Retailers require the title to be listed one quarter in advance at least for pre-orders etc. Won't put pre-ordres up until everything is going smoothly, avoiding Gurren Lagann problems with release slipping. Got cool ideas for the set.
  • Titles going out of print in the UK don't really have an impact, outside of certain examples like Neon Genesis Evangelion, which rights have been unavailable at any price for distributors.
  • Both Anime Limited and everybody else in the UK is interested in securing Neon Genesis Evangelion rights, but the rights are completely unavailable at the moment. Funimation probably getting priority.
  • Anime Limited at the moment do not have the rights to Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya Second and Third season!
  • Interested in getting early Miyazaki/Takahata works, but things like Sherlock Hound never sold well in the UK. Very interested however.
  • Would rather make own collector editions rather than sharing with other distributors, but isn't completely opposed to sharing costs.
  • Gundam: The Origin, Part 2 - info soon as well as more Gundam news.
  • Many other licenses still to be announced during this summer & autumn, include two that have just recently been acquired.

Link

I'm always up for more Gundam news.

javac

Great, can't wait for more shows I like to be continuously delayed or come with glaring quality control problems.
Lol I always give them shit, my Laggan digipak came cracked, as did my Patema Inverted digipak, the subtitles were fucked on Durarara (which they replaced thankfully), but I know people are interested in their acquisitions and news on Escaflowne and such.
Well, RIP getting Evangelion anytime soon. I mean, I'd just import the release anyway, but still.
I have the Japanese set pre-ordered....but man the fucking price is still killing me. Might just cancel it since I have dat Gunbuster figure on order...

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 15

Joseph playing dead was brilliant. Too bad he ended up getting 2 rings attached to his body. Caesar's Hamon bubble launcher wasn't effective, at least he tried.

Anyway I've been wondering but are stands related to Hamon or are they 2 different things?

Squishy3

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 15

Joseph playing dead was brilliant. Too bad he ended up getting 2 rings attached to his body. Caesar's Hamon bubble launcher wasn't effective, at least he tried.

Anyway I've been wondering but are stands related to Hamon or are they 2 different things?
Different things.

Vito

Banned
Eva Hakone store anniversary illustration

_hakone_evaya_2015.jpg

Jason Sevakis will working on the discs.

Yay for a piece of garbage getting more work, the English anime industry is like an inbred trailer trash park. I'm going to repeat myself but whatever. Sevakis (founded and sold) writes for ANN that regularly posts watermarked leaks, but at the same time accused leakers of being destructive psychopaths (literally his words), when in that case (Space Dandy leak) it was the publisher's fault. The guy is still butthurt because of the Oreimo episode leak (he fucked up). Not to mention, given his twitter handle is worldofcrap and his past employment, he's likely the same user that posted several custom discs on a pirate torrent tracker. Oh, and not so long ago he threw a hissyfit because people kept saying JP discs are better than US releases (no shit, they don't penny pinch on the disc count).

Cornbread78

A Bridge to the Starry Skies EP 6-END:
230px-Hoshikaka_game_cover.jpg

This one was pretty good, and had a very cute ending. It never got overly serious, sappy or over-dramatic, but it was fun to follow the relationships and how they broke out. The best girl did win after she grew up a little bit.

Nisekoi ep. 10

Good and heartfelt episode. Finally showed some character developement for one of the side characters that we always see, but never really gets too involved in the story. We also got an early idea on the outcome we will get from one of the girls during S3 or beyond. Plus, the best girl went home with Raku, so that's all that matters here.

Midonin

Nisekoi: 10

A surprisingly more somber episode than usual. I liked the rainy atmosphere.

DanMachi 11

Considering the past few weeks, a surprisingly more fun episode than usual. Aiz can participate in the comedy as much as anybody else, and Hestia can directly confront her now. It's a nice break from the life or death stakes. I'd want to hang out on that floor, too. The crystal sun is also pretty nifty.

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 11

Lots of introspective struggling on Yuki's part. This is going to last for 16 episodes, though I don't think all of those will be this particular arc. If there's anyone who can snap Yuki out of (into?) her usual(?) self, I think it's Haruhi.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dungeon Girls

Bell picks up girls. This time in a dungeon!

Cornbread78

Danmachi 11:
Kind of anti-clamatic episode this week, but based on that ending, the Goliath battle next week could have some awesome surprises and we are finally going to witness Welf's power as a creator. I mean, it's all there and will happen. Poor Bell getting cock-blocked by the best girl.. Sucks for personalityless girl I guess...

Hastati

Danmachi 11
^^^KenjiGlove: Maybe Goliath was in the mood for bowling? I really want a gif of Hestia's elegant entrance there.

Anyway, this show ain't perfect, but I LOVE it. I think part of it is the slightly hyperbolic music that just really works well with each episode. And also is it just me, or are there a lot of different pieces in this that aren't just rehashes? There's been far more attention to detail on the production front than I was anticipating going in.

Also really glad to see Loki's familia get more screen time. I hope we get to see them in action at their best, they're amazing.

---

For Oregairu, how is the fansub compared to Crunchyroll's? I keep waiting an extra half day, but...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oregairu

get rekt yui

you just can't put on that kind of appeal

Hastati

Eva Hakone store anniversary illustration

_hakone_evaya_2015.jpg

・・・.

Wait, there's an Eva store in Hakone!? Why there? I love Hakone, but it seems like weird-ass place to buy anime merchandise. That being said, I want to check out eva onsen merchandise now.

Why are the JoJo OP/ Ed soooo good? They are really stylish and fabulous, it has that nice old school vibe. The ED is really good and has that brilliant funkyness to it.

I started watching Gintama.

Good show.

Good for you, it keeps on getting better.

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 11

Time to get to know the new Nagato Yuki. Sort of a personality shift to the extreme. This new one actually knows how to make advances on Kyon, so that's an improvement I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom