• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
javascript
sick.gif

cajunator

Banned
Finished Squid Girl.

What do now?

Splatoon!

D.N.Angel Episode 1

Yea, so I decided against watching more Hyouka and I am fine with this tough I am not really impressed with this next choice so far either. I will say it became a lot better once it stopped being s generic high school shonen series with an extremely punchable protagonist and turned into Kaitiou Saint Tail for some reason. Might give this a couple of episodes to see if it worth retaining.

Eeeeeeeee Saint Tail! Are you a fan, Shardy?

D.N. Angel is ok. The Saint tail comparison makes sense actually.

Ore Monogatari!! 10

gYADV9j.gif

Hilarious episode. Loved the reactions from Rinko's friends about the events.

Suna needs to go outside once in a while tho. This gif is gonna get a lot of use during E3.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 10

Holy shit is Joesph absolutely amazing and he's voiced by Sugita, automatically a 10/10 character. When he pulled a gun out of nowhere I was like yeah AMEEERICA! Goddamn this guy is batshit insane but in a awesome way. Also those manly tears at the end was brilliant.

I find it hilarious how they present the American cops as huge assholes. Anyways is Joesph the best JoJo in the series?

Holy shit is Joesph absolutely amazing and he's voiced by Sugita, automatically a 10/10 character. When he pulled a gun out of nowhere I was like yeah AMEEERICA! Goddamn this guy is batshit insane but in a awesome way. Also those manly tears at the end was brilliant.

I find it hilarious how they present the American cops as huge assholes. Anyways is Joesph the best JoJo in the series?

Yes

cajunator

Banned
Now that there are several more economical ways to watch the new Yamato 2199 movie, AnimeGAF has no more excuses. If you haven't watched the series, I think you can still enjoy the movie, while the main cast remains, most of the key roles are taken by new characters. A good chunk of the movie has the setting of an away mission, framed by awesome space battles. It's not groundbreaking, but it's damn fun scifi.

Sexy alien ladies await!

is Yamato comparable at all to, say, Kiddy Grade?

Castle Town Dandelion promo

This is the closest thing I've found to Kyouran Kazoku Nikki since it left the air. And it comes from Kirara. This bodes well.

Magical cuties. Will watch.

Etotama 10

Any episode with Chu-tan is going to be more serious than usual, and unlike Uri-tan, I think(?) the show isn't joking around this time. Uri was just stabbed pretty badly.
Mo-tan had her soul, her being, her concept of self destroyed by the zodiac equivalent of dark magic. She also gets a "really dead" montage, but I get the feeling the show's playing for keeps this time.
I'm hesitant after the last fakeout, but if I'm played like a fool, it's better to be made a fool and have the emotions the show wants me to have than to maintain a cynical distance and not get any enjoyment out of it at all.

Please no more sadness. I love this show but it keeps making me sad!

Hahahaa! Elfen Lied! The start of the episode, with the dojikko secretary, is pure gold.

Totally faked me out. I was like "oh there's a clumsy cuti- well that escalated quickly."

Cornbread78

Ano Natsu de Matteru / Waiting in the Summer ep 9-END
ok, I'll get it out of the way immediately, fuck that ending. Just like I thought,
not a single person is happy
I mean, the second half of the series had a lot of angst and drama, duty it was mixed in with a lot of sweet and sappy stuff to balance it out as well. At least everyone was finally honest with everything by the end...

Ending question:
honestly, what was up with the scene at the very end when she is wearing the sweater his sister bought in Bolivia. Should we be believing that she was able to come back a year later? What's up with that?

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 11

Joseph just gets better and better like damn. He really does know how to play street dirty, I mean the guy pulled out 7 grenades on Straizo and blew him up. When Joseph said "go outside or I'll French kiss you" I laughed.😆 Or especially that scene where he said he wouldn't even save a old hag, seriously this guy. Man the way he used a piece of glass with hamon to redirect Straizo's laser beam was just too good.

Speedwagon still alive and isn't doing any commentary.
Also did they just bring in the Nazis.

All this Future Diary talk is reminding me that I need to finish watching it at some point. I think I'll start tomorrow.

And by tomorrow, I mean the day after.

Future Diary 15

Well if it's an battle of love then I'm loving Marco and Ai a lot more than Yukki and Yuno right now. That in mind,
Why didn't they kill Yukki and Yuno when they had the chance? Sure they took their diaries and could likely keep tabs on their whereabouts but you'd think one would want to make sure that they can't get their diaries back and potentially kill you once they recovered.

No, only people who have only seen the anime will tell you he is

They spit on the legacy of based Johnny Joestar and Gureato Josuke Higashikata

Jolyne is good too

Jolyne is cool, but she doesn't hold a candle to Joseph and Johnny is a sidekick to Gyro.

Joseph>>>>>>>>>>Jolyne>P4 Josuke>Jotaro>Johnny>P8 Josuke>Giorno=Jonathon.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 12

WTF Santana just went through a vent, what is he rubber lol.😆 Joseph saying Stroheim needs to moisturize his hair made me laugh. Seriously though how OP is Santana I mean the guy is literally sending bullets through his fingers.

I really love how this series defies logic.

Reknoc

No, only people who have only seen the anime will tell you he is

They spit on the legacy of based Johnny Joestar and Gureato Josuke Higashikata

Jolyne is good too

Johnny isn't that great, playing second fiddle and at the start he was massive bellend.

My favourites would probably be Josuke, Jolyne and Josuke.

Quasar

Ending question:
honestly, what was up with the scene at the very end when she is wearing the sweater his sister bought in Bolivia. Should we be believing that she was able to come back a year later? What's up with that?

Yes, we are. Or some time later. I guess you'd call it an epilogue.

Sadly the OVA does not follow on from the epilogue.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Tie between Joseph and Josuke,
For trash talk, Jolyne.
Though as far as character development goes, it's Johnny.

feel like watching something, don't know what.
Cat soup

I am rewatching Puella Magica right now, as nothing from the past two seasons has drawn my attention. Are any good movies, or shows due out later this year?

Mendrox

Punchline 10

It gets better and better! Really want to see the next episode now :(

Also today is Megumi Day! And it will be all about her

I am rewatching Puella Magica right now, as nothing from the past two seasons has drawn my attention. Are any good movies, or shows due out later this year?

It depends on what you like. I don't think anything Madoka related is coming out though.

Edit: You might already know this but considering your Aigis avatar you might be interested in the third Persona 3 movie. The Blu-Ray will be available on October 23 according to the wiki.

Also today is Megumi Day! And it will be all about her

And it's going to be awesome. Super hyped for this episode. Soma is going to destroy.

Phatmac

I'm here to apologize to everyone for ever doubting your wisdom. I honestly never thought any sports show would make me feel something other than the Friday Night Lights TV show but man was I wrong. The best thing I can say about Ping Pong is that it has pure unadulterated love for the sport which is thrown to us and willing to embrace anyone. The animation is a reminder of this as it relies on fluid movement in order to convey a flurry of emotions that can't be matched with realistic animation. This allows the crayon-styled art to display the fast speed and power that a ping pong match delivers. With 11 episodes Ping Pong tells many personal stories that revolve around ping pong. It's a show that goes beyond the sport and shows the evolution of many characters that try to find enlightenment through a game of ping pong. Each story is different yet told brilliantly. I especially love the tale of the wanderer who travelled across the world after having his spirit crushed by Smile to only come back in the end and realize that he still loves ping pong. Even if you aren't good at what you want to do you can still find beauty in it by watching. It's a powerful message that is only the tip of the iceberg when compared to all of the characters in this story. I won't go to in depth into it as this show has been praised by people with a better way with words than me. I'll just say that I'm starting to believe in heroes once again thanks to this show. 5/5

cajunator

Banned
I've never seen Penguindrum or anything else Ikuhara has made, should I take a look into Penguindrum?

Sabagebu!

Episode 1:

Wow, this is amazing. Cute girls and guns. The imagination of the BB guns being real guns is pretty fantastic too, I feel like this is going to absolutely amazing to watch.

Momoka is what makes that show. She is the most lovable little jerk. You'll like her and all the selfish stuff she does. It's a delicate balance.

also yes watch Penguin Drums because Ringo is adorable and also certifiably insane.

Ano natsu was good , but i prefer "Onegai teacher".

Better milf, better troll, better comedy.

But ano natsu was good. At least "that" gif was created because of it.

I agree. Mizuho is far superior to Ichika. Not even a contest!

You cannot truly appreciate good anime if you never venture into the lower strata of chinese cartoons.

This is true, but sometimes that lower strata is the best part!!

phaze

Naruto filler is continuing onto the next episode

hades-smoke-o.gif
Obito is the worst thing to happen to Naruto.

Outside of Kishi.
Why is JoJo pure hype? I really don't know why I stopped watching after like 5 episodes a while ago. I mean I just started to continue watching and holy shit has it been good so far. Man seeing
Zeppeli go down like that
brought in manly tears. Please tell me it only gets better.

Also which JoJo season is the best so far from anyone who's up to date with the series?

Part 2 >>>>>> Part 3 >>>>>> Part 1

Mendrox

It depends on what you like. I don't think anything Madoka related is coming out though.

Edit: You might already know this but considering your Aigis avatar you might be interested in the third Persona 3 movie. The Blu-Ray will be available on October 23 according to the wiki.

And it's going to be awesome. Super hyped for this episode. Soma is going to destroy.

Well... It's obviously Megumi Day so she has to destroy ;)

Ano Natsu de Matteru / Waiting in the Summer ep 9-END
ok, I'll get it out of the way immediately, fuck that ending. Just like I thought,
not a single person is happy
I mean, the second half of the series had a lot of angst and drama, duty it was mixed in with a lot of sweet and sappy stuff to balance it out as well. At least everyone was finally honest with everything by the end...

Ending question:

Yeah ..oh yeah ./...
It's implied that she came back the next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom