• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

I'm still behind the stream and all the info but watched the commercial.

OMFG! Dat reflection tech, its beyond anything i've seen to date. Also dat glove. Glove was more detailed than the face for me, coming from the Ryse :p

R1CHO

Video showing landing planet side. Freaking amazing, they may actually pull this game off.

Video

That is beautiful, but, isn't it just a cinematic loading screen?

I mean it was full auto since he made the approximation to the planet. Wasn't it?

The cutlass commercial was great.

Daedardus

Anyone noticed that we reached 57 million already? And that we might hit 58 million later today or tomorrow.

Drake commercial was a little bland though, but that couldn't be said about the 890 brochure :D.

Vlodril

Just booted up arena commander to try some of the other ships (bum with aurora here) and the hornet is so much better gameplay wise. it turns must faster and its much more agile (not to say anything about its weapons godamn).

Very satisfying to flying with it , it will be hard to go back to the aurora. On the other hand a nice jump between ships will be great for the PU.

KKRT00

Hahaha at guy saying that CryEngine was built for small environment on citizrencon presentation :)
I think he never worked on a console project :p

Keasar

890_Cockpit-Concept_V02High_NF_140627.jpg

Blech, too neat and clean for my taste. Rich pompous jerks can get this for all I care, so I will have something to target practice on (easier to see where I hit on all the clean paint).

That Drake on the other, that is my kind of ship. Beautiful.

epmode

That is beautiful, but, isn't it just a cinematic loading screen?

The landings will be automated, yes. It's still a great proof of concept. Walking around in a moving ship all the way down to a store on the planet. If they can keep that asset quality for the full game, this is going to be something special.

Should we do the usual and make a thread for the cutlass commercial?

I liked the planetary demo more!

Not really feeling the cutlass variants, was hoping for a souped up pirate version. Maybe the caterpillar will redeem drake in that regard

Really hope such a massive, popular game like this using Cryengine leads to wider adoption. Nothing else comes close to games like Ryse and this at the moment, although of course there are no UE4 games out aside from Daylight(lol)

Really hope such a massive, popular game like this using Cryengine leads to wider adoption. Nothing else comes close to games like Ryse and this at the moment, although of course there are no UE4 games out aside from Daylight(lol)

AC:Unity is looking pretty hot graphically, although it will probably run like garbage.

Zabojnik

I wonder how the Vanduul will fit into S42 and the persistent universe. From what we've seen of them so far, including the latest commercial, they don't strike me as a particularly intelligent race. Much less so than the Kilrathi, for example, although they obviously must be, since they're a spacefaring and therefore fairly advanced civilization. I have the feeling S42's story will revolve around them as much as it will around some sort of internal UEE conflict / power struggle, Wing Commander IV-style. A mix between WC3 and WC4, if you will.

I wonder how the Vanduul will fit into S42 and the persistent universe. From what we've seen of them so far, including the latest commercial, they don't strike me as a particularly intelligent race. Much less so than the Kilrathi, for example, although they obviously must be, since they're a spacefaring and therefore fairly advanced civilization. I have the feeling S42's story will revolve around them as much as it will around some sort of internal UEE conflict / power struggle, Wing Commander IV-style. A mix between WC3 and WC4, if you will.

Everything we know about the UEE points towards lots of internal division and extrmeley questionable politics right?

I would love a mission concerning rebels.

Zabojnik

Everything we know about the UEE points towards lots of internal division and extrmeley questionable politics right?

I would love a mission concerning rebels.

I wouldn't be surprised if S42's story ends up with you finding out that if was a renegade faction inside UEE that was pulling the Vanduul's strings all along, although I do hope they'll go for something else entirely, as this is a pretty trite and overdone space opera trope. In any case, I don't think there's any doubt that the primary combat threat will be the Vanduul, seeing how they went all out on the design of their fleet and the like.

KingKong

Have they made brochures before? never paid a lot of attention to this game but that luxury spaceship brochure was awesome, a lot of great concept art

I used the hornet, and I never want to go back. The cockpit, the sounds, the guns in combination with a HOTAS is like.... I need new pants.

http://webmup.com/wKL25/vid.webm

Yeah it's pretty incredible, I'm going to upgrade to 315p from my Aurora then probably upgrade that to a Hornet after I get some extra money, such a smart idea on their parts to let people try the ships, I'm sure it's going to lead to a lot of upgrades and purchases.

Vlodril

Yeah it's pretty incredible, I'm going to upgrade to 315p from my Aurora then probably upgrade that to a Hornet after I get some extra money, such a smart idea on their parts to let people try the ships, I'm sure it's going to lead to a lot of upgrades and purchases.

Yea i used the hornet and after my aurora it feels like i am playing a different game. That flexibility of the ship, the way it turns (not to mention that firepower). Awesome stuff.

it's the first time i am thinking seriously of not following with the get the basic ship and then get everything else in game and may switch to the hornet. hopefully i manage to stay strong :p

Hastati

I wonder what the grey market will be like after launch? Starting to worry about scrapping a few ships for the reclaimer...crazy that people are dropping thousands for relatively low tier ships. Maybe they should add a rehab ship in the next wave.

Odah

Banned
I will take down your Origin Jumpship with my Aurora LN

watch and learn

gonna find those 2 thermal exhaust ports

epmode

I wonder what the grey market will be like after launch?

I thought the ship gifting stops when the persistent universe goes live. Buying ships directly will supposedly not be possible in the full game so it makes sense to stop gifting as well.

Guy.brush

Doing some unrelated google image search I stumbled upon a magazine ad for WingIV that I found interesting. Very similar to StarCitizen marketing:
538802-yyy__8_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom