• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War: The Force Awakens Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
Dat negative review

tumblr_msiqlf4qYJ1sh1z9to3_400.gif

And unsurprisingly it's a small time blogger. I checked their facebook page because I didn't want to give them a click and they posted "The first pan of Star Wars redux"...

It's a fairly lame review lacking much depth or critical analysis.

His main (only?) point is that it's too similar to previous SW films.

I give his review 1 star.

Yep

CassSept

I'm ok with the negative reviews as I don't expect TFA to be the second coming of god, but skimming through this review (it looks like a spoiler minefield) it's a pretty bad one. The guy can't even spell the name of characters in the movie and ends the review by complaining about Jurassic World. Feels like a negative review for the sake of being contrarian.

I'm ok with the negative reviews as I don't expect TFA to be the second coming of god, but skimming through this review (it looks like a spoiler minefield) it's a pretty bad one. The guy can't even spell the name of characters in the movie and ends the review by complaining about Jurassic World. Feels like a negative review for the sake of being contrarian.

Pretty much. An its usually these types.

Meowster

Sometimes certain reviewers..

4045043-1188824701-109b7.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Should be interesting to see how some of the faults play out with a general audience. A good number of the reviews seem to mention how the film feels like a remix of Ep.4. I imagine that's going to irritate a number of people, probably more than the critics themselves.

HariKari

Should be interesting to see how some of the faults play out with a general audience. A good number of the reviews seem to mention how the film feels like a remix of Ep.4. I imagine that's going to irritate a number of people, probably more than the critics themselves.

I'm pretty worried about that. They went with some original casting, so I was hoping for a more original story to go with.

jrcbandit

Lol such but hurt over a negative review.

There wouldn't be as much of an issue if the negative review was written well and presented convincing arguments about why it was a bad film other than just the generic it felt too much like the old movies. Of course some people will complain about any negative review even if it was well done, but this review seemed more about being first to publish a contrarian review.

Branduil

Well, I mean, the complete lack of imagination didn't hurt Jurassic World.

lednerg

Don't fret about the Rotten review. RT is truly an awful concept. Just know that it has an 83 on Metacritic, over The Hateful Eight and The Big Short. You're not going to see a better major film in the cinema the rest of this year.

PopeReal

Sounds like JJ played it safe. But can you honestly blame him? He had all the pressure of the franchise on his shoulders.

So the formula sounds like Star Wars. I am cool with that. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom