• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was flying with my speeder in TP and suddenly my ship explodes in the air and tells me I killed myself. Fuck that.

That has happened to me a couple of times as well. I thought I might have ran into an invisible wall but I flew through the same area and nothing happened. Very strange. Just 100-0 in a second.

The problem is their map design. And have always been. Also one of the reason BF:BC2 saw drastic changes in balance. Not played much BF3-4 tho, but didn't really like many of their maps either.

Battlefield Bad Company 1 was one of the best MP games I've ever played. BC 2 was great, too but I don't remember the changes (balance). I love SW Battlefront but the balance and the spawn points are damn terrible. Maybe it has to do with the map design?

Kaji

Finally hit 50, despite the well discussed issues I am still very much enjoying this game and the prospect of future changes and content.

Keeping positive

yaQxNFQ.jpg

tci

Battlefield Bad Company 1 was one of the best MP games I've ever played. BC 2 was great, too but I don't remember the changes (balance). I love SW Battlefront but the balance and the spawn points are damn terrible. Maybe it has to do with the map design?
BF:BC was much better. I agree. There was a lot of changes to the Rush mode. Since people often took out the crates from across the map. Or took C4 on drones and ran them into crates.

I am sure that level design is the one that is lacking. Of course the spawns are horrible and needs to change as well. It's almost like they never tried more than 5v5.

Why aren't there imperials using ion torpedos on the speeders?

There's a counter for everything.

This.

As far as Im concerned, Ion torpedo should be on everybodys load out for Walker Assault. Rebs need it for taking out AT-STs and for damaging the AT-ATs and Imps need it for destroying Y-wings and swatting Speeders way.

Decided to say screw it and bought this game this morning. Haven't spent a whole lot of time with it yet. Just reached level 5 and I've mostly been playing Droid Run with a dash of Drop Zone.

It's frustrating playing with randoms though, sometimes it feels like every mode is team death match.

Tubie

This.

As far as Im concerned, Ion torpedo should be on everybodys load out for Walker Assault. Rebs need it for taking out AT-STs and for damaging the AT-ATs and Imps need it for destroying Y-wings and swatting Speeders way.

Yep, it's incredibly useful on WA for both sides.

Kaji

I just hit 24 and it feels like such a grind. Any tips to speed this up?

Play modes you enjoy as a priority, good thing about this game is the better you play the faster the grind goes, if you can snag an air speeder on supremacy or walker assault and go on ground strafing runs on infantry you get easily get some good numbers and good use of radar blocking

JTripper

Finally hit 50, despite the well discussed issues I am still very much enjoying this game and the prospect of future changes and content.

Keeping positive

yaQxNFQ.jpg

Dang, congrats. Was hoping maybe after reaching lvl 50 your rank would still increase, just not earn you anything but whatever. I'm only 27.

The problem is their map design. And have always been. Also one of the reason BF:BC2 saw drastic changes in balance. Not played much BF3-4 tho, but didn't really like many of their maps either.

Biggest issue is that they are making maps that support a ton of different modes. In BC games, they essentially were all maps designed around the games Rush mode so they were more focused. The new maps in these newer BF games are just made for too many modes that they don't always work well for specific scenarios

tci

Biggest issue is that they are making maps that support a ton of different modes. In BC games, they essentially were all maps designed around the games Rush mode so they were more focused. The new maps in these newer BF games are just made for too many modes that they don't always work well for specific scenarios
Exactly. Map design is crucial to make different modes work well.

The maps are the main reason spawns are so terrible as they are. It may be realistic and true to the lore making them like that. Game play wise that rarely works without adjusting to situations. People will always exploit holes in the map/design.

Having people snipe others from across the map is not good game play. And if your team is far behind, you rarely can push back because of spawn killing.

And this is only a small part of things I do not like with Battlefront. The game is fun at its core, but there is so much that needs to be improved.

Hopefully in a few months some if that have been looked at. I will keep playing for a while tho. Unsure on how long still. Really isn't much depth there.

MBison

Most imps dont take torpedoes since the rebels dont have much vehicles. Rebel players have more use for torps

You have two star cards. Put ion torpedo on your second hand and when it's nearly the time for the Walker damage part, switch hands and use torpedos to take down the speeders or y wings.

Anyone experiencing weird glitches with the game on PS4 tonight? In one game of 'Heroes vs. Villians', the star cards would randomly stop working for myself (and two friends).

Then on 'Walker Assault" one AT-AT somehow mounted the other, and they both got stuck in one place...

Is anyone else seeing weird shit?

_Legacy_

Sorry if this has been mentioned but how come sometimes in heroes vs villains sometimes I cant use any of my star cards?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a delay at the start of each round before you can use the star cards, same for grenades as well I think. Either that, or I was having lag.

I must have missed something because I'm able to play the new Jakku stuff, was my understanding that came out on the 1st for season pass holders and then everyone else gets it the 8th? Haven't followed that new too much so if I'm off base then let me know.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I must have missed something because I'm able to play the new Jakku stuff, was my understanding that came out on the 1st for season pass holders and then everyone else gets it the 8th? Haven't followed that new too much so if I'm off base then let me know.

People who pre-ordered got it on the first. Had nothing to do with the season pass.

Apeboy

This.

Ion Cannon needs a quicker (better) lock-on. It's impossible to get a lock on a speeder that is circling a walker. Now matter how well you play as imps it's all for naught with speeders harpooning.

Also, I've become a huge, huge fan of smoke grenades in WA.

JTripper

Just queue on up on Turning Point till you get Imperial. Just camp the AT-ST powerup at the last point and rush onto the point. You should get a couple of tramples before you go down. Right now is the best time to do it while that mode only has one map.

This strategy just worked wonders for me. I got at least 15 stomps on my first try after memorizing where the AT-ST spawns were at each round. Went 44-9 in that match. Thanks man.

EDIT: Just got the trophy after my second game of trying this. 62-14.

This strategy just worked wonders for me. I got at least 15 stomps on my first try after memorizing where the AT-ST spawns were at each round. Went 44-9 in that match. Thanks man.

Congrats man! If I had known a mode like Turning Point was coming I wouldn't of wasted several hours doing it in Walker Assault. I'm glad there is an easier way now for everyone.

Tubie

I just tried to do it and my team (imperials) won on the second to last point so I never go to try -_-

Btw, this mode is an easy way to up your K/D if you are imperial. It's so easy to flank the rebel line and just get free kills from behind on every single point.

B-Dex

I still can't believe there are no patch notes. And if matchmaking is still split and trash on Tuesday I'm gonna be pissed.

I still can't believe there are no patch notes. And if matchmaking is still split and trash on Tuesday I'm gonna be pissed.

No reason for it to be split once Jakku opens for all. Of course, this doesn't bode super well for the Season Pass, but hopefully the game will get a spike after the holidays and DICE gives it another pass or two on balance changes.

Tubie

Holy shit.

THIS is why I've been waiting more than expected for games on PS4 this past week.

I just went and hit the normal tab and boom, any mode and any map I hit I find a match instantly (just like it was before patch). I would/should be very angry right now, but this is so traditional DICE shit that I'm just laughing right now.

iBlue

What's up with the blast trophie? I have been the one with the most kills at least like 4 or 5 times and didn't get anything..

Tubie

What's up with the blast trophie? I have been the one with the most kills at least like 4 or 5 times and didn't get anything..

I've been #1 there like 10+ times and I've never gotten it.

It's been bugged since release and the latest patch didn't fix it.

I've been #1 there like 10+ times and I've never gotten it.

It's been bugged since release and the latest patch didn't fix it.

Easiest way to do it is just play a game late at night. Since you've been up there 10+ it should be easy for you. Just start picking specific maps, don't just go in general. Then when you see a lobby with ~5 on each side join it.

That's how I managed to do it.

Tubie

Easiest way to do it is just play a game late at night. Since you've been up there 10+ it should be easy for you. Just start picking specific maps, don't just go in general. Then when you see a lobby with ~5 on each side join it.

That's how I managed to do it.

I had no idea the time had to run out for it to work.

That just sucks, when I do very well it almost always means my team is winning by a fair margin and it's nowhere near the time limit.

Ozorov

Holy shit.

THIS is why I've been waiting more than expected for games on PS4 this past week.

I just went and hit the normal tab and boom, any mode and any map I hit I find a match instantly (just like it was before patch). I would/should be very angry right now, but this is so traditional DICE shit that I'm just laughing right now.
I must be very lucky or something. Had the jakku-thing on and have found full games in seconds after the patch, in every game mode even in the early mornings.

I had no idea the time had to run out for it to work.

That just sucks, when I do very well it almost always means my team is winning by a fair margin and it's nowhere near the time limit.

Yup just bugged/glitched. It is really easy to get though if you play late at night.

I hate to be *that* guy, but I don't think I've ever seen a game more in need of balance patches than this game. It's insane how many things need to be fixed, yet we haven't heard a peep regarding any upcoming changes. I REALLY wanted to like this game, but it's frankly absurd how ridiculous some aspects of it are right now.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate to be *that* guy, but I don't think I've ever seen a game more in need of balance patches than this game. It's insane how many things need to be fixed, yet we haven't heard a peep regarding any upcoming changes. I REALLY wanted to like this game, but it's frankly absurd how ridiculous some aspects of it are right now.

Ya I think it needs some balancing patches, but not as harsh as some people think. A-wings, walkers and maybe the dll44 and that's it.

It's pathetic how one sided Walker Assault is now, Rebels always win.

Also, my god at me losing 50% of my health as Vader because a guy shot me twice with explosive shot burst pistol.

Ozorov

It's pathetic how one sided Walker Assault is now, Rebels always win.

Also, my god at me losing 50% of my health as Vader because a guy shot me twice with explosive shot burst pistol.
Played 4WA-games yesterday on jakku and sullust. We won both as the empire :). But endor man :(

Ferrio

Banned
AT-ST as well. But spawns of people and vehicle spawns are the worst part of the game.

AT-STs are made of paper. I respect anyone that can use them without dying instantly to a billion ion torpedos.

SPAWN POINTS!!!

I don't find spawns in the 40 player modes bad at all honestly. Ya you may get a spawn where you're killed instantly occasionally, but in the overall map it usually doesn't equate to much. I don't know how they'd fix it either than spawning you far away from the battle which is worst that spawning close with a chance of dying.

Ferr986

As a perosn that kind of sucks as soldier but I htink I'm good at vehicles is frustating too see so much people on TP rushing to grab the airseeped and die in like 5 secs. Seems like a lot of people still don't know you can break lock ons with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom