• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

While TFA DLC first would be the most logical thing, but maybe releasing a trailer already would be kinda spoilerish to the movie. So I am not sure TFA will be the first DLC pack.

If they however would do a TFA DLC first, a Finn versus Kylo Ren would be a logical guess as the first new Heroes.
How are you sure They Will show the DLC on PSX?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
How are you sure They Will show the DLC on PSX?

Absolutely not 100% sure, but they use this image to promote the PSX

23459502135_1db6f074aa_z.jpg

So that seems like an indication, Battefront will be present in some way.

Ok, but that seems like it was a problem you had, so why ask us if the game which has been working fine works again as if it was a wide spread problem? XD

But yeah,game works fine for me so, I guess it works now?
Quite a few others were affected on other forums. Not just me. I'm glad others are able to play, but for those of us who can't it really sucks, especially as dice haven't even acknowledged the problem officially.

Palpable

Finally getting into this game, loving it, but I'm an old man and have become a filthy casual, so fun > depth for me. Glad I bought it on PS4...

Stats:

PC: 8,555 (24h peak: 20,947)
XBOXONE: 26,890 (24h peak: 57,979)
PS4: 52,868 (24h peak: 101,422)

Never having a problem finding a full game.

It is CRAZY how many people have Star Wars related usernames in this game. Maybe this sold a TON of PSPlus memberships? Just speculating.

I really wish I could use a 360 or X1 controller though. Hands are cramping...

I don't quite understand those stats. Is that how many people are online at once? How did you get that info?

Ozorov

"DarthAnalVader" is the greatest username for this game,especially coupled with an avatar of a gimp outfit Vader

I don't even feel bad getting killed by him

EA's official star wars twitter posted your youtube-video on their feed :).

Edit: I see that on the imdb site that the same person did the voice for the Admiral Ackbar and Yoda. Where is Yoda in the game?

Crackbone

I'm slowly starting to get sick of the terrible game balance.

They really need to do something about walker assault. It was a much more fun mode in beta when things were tougher on the rebels.

Honestly they should just speed up the walkers back to what it was in the beta.

pacman85

So the first DLC will probably be revealed in a couple of hours. Last time to guess what kind of DLC we will see in the first pack?

I am guessing the first DLC is going to be really good, because a lot will depends on it if gamers are going to buy season passes.
First DLC news today? Yesssss!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
They really need to do something about walker assault. It was a much more fun mode in beta when things were tougher on the rebels.

Honestly they should just speed up the walkers back to what it was in the beta.

And back then everyone was complaining that the game wasn't balanced because it was so difficult for the rebels.

Conclusion: People are always complaining.

adj_noun

What's everyone's favorite mode to level in? I think mine is droid run. That mode clicks with me.

Fighter Squadron was easiest for me, what with A-Wings/Falcon being lol-tastic (I still can't believe the Falcon can just blow Boba up when its shields are up), followed by Heroes vs Villains.

What's everyone's favorite mode to level in? I think mine is droid run. That mode clicks with me.

Yeah, I'd say it's my favourite mode at the moment. I prefer it to Drop Zone as the action is more spread out instead of only taking place at one objective. I've had some really competitive games of Droid Run.

PS4 here, no issues at all with matchmaking or lag at all.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Absolutely not 100% sure, but they use this image to promote the PSX

23459502135_1db6f074aa_z.jpg

So that seems like an indication, Battefront will be present in some way.

Fuck yes.

I will be so ecstatic if they show off some Force Awakens stuff. Most notably New Order Storm Troopers and Tie Pilots.
12096354_10153090163322344_3840298239549333947_n.jpg
hot-toys---star-wars---the-force-awakens---first-order-stormtroo-149891.jpg

And back then everyone was complaining that the game wasn't balanced because it was so difficult for the rebels.

Conclusion: they need to balance the game. It's very possible for a middle ground to be gained here, no need to write people off.

Although I feel like it was harder for the rebels because people didn't know the game.

tci

AMD GPU?
I was having those two issues, but installing the latest beta driver apparently solved them.
No, GTX 780. Updated my driver today. Maybe that will help.

But the spawning is this game is broken as hell. I have several times spawn on top of enemy soldiers and even close to their own spawn. Mostly means instant death.

Crackbone

I think that wouldn't be the case now. Everyone has access to all of the star cards and such. Would be much more competitive.

To all of you complaining about balance issues in WA, just play Supremacy until they fix it. It's the closest to Conquest and it's not terribly unbalanced.

Also, had a match of Turning Point last night as Imperials, and we managed to hold the 2nd line until time expired. Haven't seen that happen before. Every match comes down to the final line.

Ozorov

They just had a Battlefront-sequence in the pressconference and it had no new information. They basically showed some "cool" gameplay-clips from famous youtubers and said that everyone at PSX can play Battle of Jakku on the showfloor.

They just had a Battlefront-sequence in the pressconference and it had no new information. They basically showed some "cool" gameplay-clips from famous youtubers and said that everyone at PSX can play Battle of Jakku on the showfloor.

I was lied to

I DEMAND justice

Special C

Any good powerup maps on the net yet? I dont want to camp vehicles and hero tokens but I'd like to know where they are so I can check them out once I spawn.

LoveCake

Playing this now on Jundland Wastes as Empire, the Rebels took out a AT-AT after the first objective!

Played a couple of hours today & every time playing as the Empire the game has been lost, it is now pretty pointless playing unless you are on the Rebel side, the last update has killed the game.

I was loving this before & was going to get the Season Pass I was enjoying it so much, but not any-more, everyone was saying during the BETA on Hoth that the game was too weighted towards the Empire, how wrong we all were.

The way it is going people may as well just sit it out playing as the Empire :(

moai

They should tone down the speeders, make them drop the cable faster when fired upon, right now you can deny rebels all ywings and still lose the match.

MBison

They should tone down the speeders, make them drop the cable faster when fired upon, right now you can deny rebels all ywings and still lose the match.

Why aren't there imperials using ion torpedos on the speeders?

There's a counter for everything.

Pandy

Really enjoying Supremacy after the update. Playing both sides of the map one after the other really improves the flow of a longer play session, and I never feel like it's a full victory unless we win both sides of the 'match'.

Playing this now on Jundland Wastes as Empire, the Rebels took out a AT-AT after the first objective!

Played a couple of hours today & every time playing as the Empire the game has been lost, it is now pretty pointless playing unless you are on the Rebel side, the last update has killed the game.

I was loving this before & was going to get the Season Pass I was enjoying it so much, but not any-more, everyone was saying during the BETA on Hoth that the game was too weighted towards the Empire, how wrong we all were.

The way it is going people may as well just sit it out playing as the Empire :(

Definitely just had a bad luck streak, I've seen the Empire win a bunch since the patch, even on Endor.

LoveCake

Definitely just had a bad luck streak, I've seen the Empire win a bunch since the patch, even on Endor.

A bad luck streak since the patch, it's been about 75% Rebel win from the games I have played on all maps.

EDIT You may be correct, however it may just be bad luck that the team I am playing with are a bunch of idiots, having just lost on Hoth as Rebels.

Tubie

I wonder when DICE is gonna hand this game over to DICE LA, I hope soon because DICE LA is much better at multiplayer balance.

It even seems like DICE barely used any of the fixes DICE LA has implemented in BF4, not even the headglitching fix made it to this game.

Ozorov

I wonder when DICE is gonna hand this game over to DICE LA, I hope soon because DICE LA is much better at multiplayer balance.

It even seems like DICE barely used any of the fixes DICE LA has implemented in BF4, not even the headglitching fix made it to this game.

Did DICE LA or DICE did the season pass-stuff for BF?

Tubie

Did DICE LA or DICE did the season pass-stuff for BF?

DICE did the first 3 of the 5 DLCs for BF4, after the 3rd DLC they started working on Battlefront and left DICE LA in charge of BF4. Most of the balance fixes and engine optimization was DICE LA tho. DICE allowed a lot of OP weapons to survive for as long as they were in charge of the game (ACE 23, MTAR or AWS come to mind), it was DICE LA that finally fixed all the OP weapons and gadgets.

I'm assuming DICE will move on from this game soon to start working on the next Battlefield, and leave DICE LA in charge of the Season Pass. At least I hope that's what happens.

Ozorov

DICE did the first 3 of the 5 DLCs for BF4, after the 3rd DLC they started working on Battlefront and left DICE LA in charge of BF4. Most of the balance fixes and engine optimization was DICE LA tho. DICE allowed a lot of OP weapons to survive for as long as they were in charge of the game (ACE 23, MTAR or AWS come to mind), it was DICE LA that finally fixed all the OP weapons and gadgets.

I'm assuming DICE will move on from this game soon to start working on the next Battlefield, and leave DICE LA in charge of the Season Pass. At least I hope that's what happens.

Sounds like DICE LA did a good job then. Do they usually announce when they shift?

Okay, I'm no longer checking my k/d ratio. It's impossible for me to get a positive k/d because of the hilariously bad spawn points. In supremacy at least. Haven't played WA yet.

Okay, I'm no longer checking my k/d ratio. It's impossible for me to get a positive k/d because of the hilariously bad spawn points. In supremacy at least. Haven't played WA yet.

Spawns in WA are ridiculously far from the battle now. It's near impossible to get to the fight in time to save the Walker if you're playing as an imperial and the walker's health is at like 25%. -_-

Tubie

Sounds like DICE LA did a good job then. Do they usually announce when they shift?

Yea, the DICE LA people post on reddit a lot when it comes to BF4, they are much better than DICE in communicating with the community.

I bet they would let us know if they are put in charge of this Season Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom