• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes. All zooming does it decrease your FOV and slow down your aiming. There are no bonuses for using it.

Exactly. Once I broke this habbit, my performance increased.

It is only useful for scoped weapons at a greater range in certain instances when in cover to see your target better.

Oh man I played some awesome matches earlier today. Got 33/6 in one of them without even getting a hero. :D

My k/d ratio went from 0.78 to 0.97 :D

chidrock

Anyone having issues with online co-op? I can't play hero battle or survival with my partner; it keeps saying that the connection was lost. It works fine when we play online in walker assault...

Edit: figured out how to get it to work. You have to send the invites twice - once through Xbox live and then again in-game.

Kinda wish EA would take all these assets and make a quick & cheap new Starfighter game to release next year.
Meanwhile they get a good team going on a Rogue Squadron game for early-mid '17 and Battlefront 2 would be Nov'17.

So I had a Sullest WA glitch happen as Empire. Thr second Walker got stuck over the first onr that was taken down. Had to quit cuz it it just wasnt going anywhere. Anyone had this happen to them?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
went 30/16 on supremacy junland.

i do so much better on ps4 than i do on pc so weird

MADGAME

Maybe if they made the Airspeeder tow cable more challenging, they could also change it so a Walker could be brought down with it regardless if it's shields are down (especially if AT-AT's get a needed HP buff). Airspeeders usually spawn in phase 3 so it seems like a good trade-off, and a bit more realistic to Star Wars too. Shields don't need to be down to trip an AT-AT.

Just a thought.

Maybe if they made the Airspeeder tow cable more challenging, they could also change it so a Walker could be brought down with it regardless if it's shields are down (especially if AT-AT's get a needed HP buff). Airspeeders usually spawn in phase 3 so it seems like a good trade-off, and a bit more realistic to Star Wars too. Shields don't need to be down to trip an AT-AT.

Just a thought.

That means the Imperials spend their whole time on trying to take down the speeders while the Rebels rack up crazy amounts of Y-Wings and take the AT-AT's down that way. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of the bug where your cards could not be used until you die first, my mistake.
That's an annoying bug, it happened to me and a friend in Heroes versus Villains.

I didn't have it before the newest patch.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Grabbed the Bone version for $30 with a PM at Best Buy!

Looking forward to playing this again! Too bad my PS4 progress can't transfer over.

MADGAME

That means the Imperials spend their whole time on trying to take down the speeders while the Rebels rack up crazy amounts of Y-Wings and take the AT-AT's down that way. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Just for phase 3. In most maps, Phase 3 Uplinks are a contested killfest so I don't think the Rebels would be kicking back in rocking chairs, sipping blue milk and casually watching the Y-wings accumulate. And you don't need the whole imperial team focused on a T-47. One starfighter can shoot it out of it's rotation, as can an AT-ST with blaster fire. These vehicles should be doing this anyway.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Man, I was away for six nights and it showed. Oh well, I had fun.

Cargo remains my favorite mode by a long shot, I think, with Fighter Squadron (which I'm actually quite decent at) and Heroes and Villains (I have my moments) trailing behind. Supremacy is good. Walker Assault is good but I never play it. Blast is good.

kendrid

Banned
I think Blast may be my favourite mode.

It is one of the few modes people play properly.

I want to like Walker Assault but it just doesn't work the way it is balanced.

Droid Run has been fun. Almost all matches people play for the droids and don't just play TDM.

It is one of the few modes people play properly.

I want to like Walker Assault but it just doesn't work the way it is balanced.

Droid Run has been fun. Almost all matches people play for the droids and don't just play TDM.

Today was only my second time playing, and the first was mostly just spent with tutorials and drop point, which is also fun.

I tried several different modes today, including Droid Run, which is fun, I agree. It's one of the better modes for sure. I'm pretty good at it, too.

But I've always been more of a FFA and TDM guy.

Walker Assault, I tried...and used a large walker which controlled like ass...then quit out of.

Does anybody know when the dlc is available for everyone?

This Tuesday. It was just 1 week early access.

Yeah, I might. If not, oh well. I have been trying to for it, but it's obviously very luck based. I came close today, though.

I only have the game for a handful more days, but either way it's not a big deal.

Funny enough. So many use the Jump Pack to try and escape that I can't count how many people I've killed a millisecond right after they hit their jump pack so they are swirling in the air. One of my favorite death animations. Pretty sure that counts as a Jump Pack kills as well. Just one of those things that if you are killing a lot of people in an area where they can Jump Pack to get away you're odds will increase substantially.

Palpable

Had my best game last night. Sorry for the shitty picture.

yH7hBfV.jpg

Finally reached rank 13. Which is nice considering they restricted an essential movement mechanic behind an arbitrary level. That trend in the genre needs to see an end. It's a pure gimmick to incentivize players to keep playing. Good mechanics and a solid map lineup should do that.

Malcolm9

No invincibility cheat bug? Great work but I really applaud anyone who doesn't get killed once due to the chaotic nature of the game at times.

In regards to myself I've only had this game a week and I'm bored already. It would be nice if there were gun attachments to unlock etc, but it's all pretty generic really.

4 big maps for Walker Assault, the main mode, gets boring very quickly. DICE & EA will really need to bring some substance to this game to make it worthwhile, though I'm sure the masses will purchase it anyway due to the new film coming out.

Ozorov

No invincibility cheat bug? Great work but I really applaud anyone who doesn't get killed once due to the chaotic nature of the game at times.

In regards to myself I've only had this game a week and I'm bored already. It would be nice if there were gun attachments to unlock etc, but it's all pretty generic really.

4 big maps for Walker Assault, the main mode, gets boring very quickly. DICE & EA will really need to bring some substance to this game to make it worthwhile, though I'm sure the masses will purchase it anyway due to the new film coming out.
5 on tuesday

the3ye

Why do I keep seeing "content not installed" when I want to play Jakku? When I hit X (go to store page) PSN says it's installed. Not even clean install of game, patch, and Jakku DLV seems to help.

Ozorov

Why do I keep seeing "content not installed" when I want to play Jakku? When I hit X (go to store page) PSN says it's installed. Not even clean install of game, patch, and Jakku DLV seems to help.
Search for the content manually on psn and install it from there

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Got disconnected from the game and lost my rank up. Oh how lovely.

Ugh finally back. :)

Want to share some short impressions from Jakku. Better late than never :D

I really love that Map. Its IMO really well designed and looks amazing, especially the SkyBox.

Turning Point is now another great mode for me :) Awesome to play a 20v20 mode without the annoying Heroes and constant AT-AT spam or respawn killing. I hope the vanilla Maps will be added to that Mode too.

About that patch. Yeah its nice that they changed the Map rotation with adding two rounds per map. But a lot of stuff still needs a lot of care. The Spawn are still shit. Some weapons still need to be changed/nerfed. Grenades need a change too.

And is it me or was there a new influence of players the last couple of days? I felt like the terminator on XboxOne lol.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xJumPeR JumPzZ/video/13118193

mbzoqmqo54pydyvctbf9mepi8.gif

30 something killstreak with Vader
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/13106685

I am currently waiting for half an hour to get into a game of Walker Assault. I tried both the base game and +Jakku but both are pretty much barren for whatever reason. So the game is either deader than dead, or something else is going on.

Like I said, I really want more of this game and I would be inclined to buy the season pass. But I can't justify a 50 euros purchase when there's going to be nothing left of the playerbase so soon.

Like I said, I really want more of this game and I would be inclined to buy the season pass. But I can't justify a 50 euros purchase when there's going to be nothing left of the playerbase so soon.

Thats why i will wait with that Season Pass. I dont want to repeat that Hardline mistake where i bought the Pass too and the game is mostly dead now and we havent even seen the 3rd and last Pack there...

Best choice so far to get the Season Pass is on PS4 IMO.

But i will wait what they will offer with the first pack.

I wish DICE would stop with the silence, get a new community manager and provide more constant infos about Patches and Improvements.

Ozorov

30 something killstreak with Vader
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/13106685

I am currently waiting for half an hour to get into a game of Walker Assault. I tried both the base game and +Jakku but both are pretty much barren for whatever reason. So the game is either deader than dead, or something else is going on.

Just tried on PS4 (EU). Found full games within seconds with +Jakku on both WA, Supremacy and Turning Point.

FeD.nL

They should really give the Empire some disruption mechanic in WA. Sometimes you have these matches where the Rebels are just dug in so well and it takes almost an entire phase to get both Uplinks down. By that time they already have 6-8 Y-wings called in.

They should just make it so that when the Imperials shut down both uplinks during a phase the rebels lose half of their called in Y-wings at that point. There is absolutely no risk at the moment for Rebels to not just pour everyone unto a point when they lose one, at least this way people would have to think, well let's defend what we have or get that uplink up and risk losing half of our Y-wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom