• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode VIII Production Thread (Principal Photography Complete)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Nice look at an animatronic alien mask there.

Keep up with the thread!

Creepy but cool

Never considered a stun person would wear a face mask that is 1-2-1 of the actor, makes sense i suppose.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'm kind of surprised at how excited I got at seeing an A-Wing again.

We're getting more Star Wars. *squeeeee*

Well one thing ive been thinking, since the republic fleet is gone, we might get alot of throwbacks

Bring

Me

Y WINGS!

And B wings

Maybe its Poe and Finns mission to uncover old remnants and ships to build up the resistance.

The lack of ship diversity was so lame in TFA, I'm glad they seem to be fixing that. Their reasoning for limiting it in the first place was so flimsy to begin with.

The lack of ship diversity was so lame in TFA, I'm glad they seem to be fixing that. Their reasoning for limiting it in the first place was so flimsy to begin with.

I want A-Wings, I want Interceptors.

I need interceptors.

Hell, I thought it was a missed opportunity that Kylo's shuttle didn't have the wings rotate forward to suggest that look as opposed to them simply folding down.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Y-Wings had two cracks at Death Stars before this and couldn't get the job done. Now they're riding the bench like they deserve.

And last time I checked, it was an A-Wing that brought down the Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ too.

Sephzilla

And last time I checked, it was an A-Wing that brought down the Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ too.

Death Star 1 - Blown up by an X-Wing
Super Star Destroyer - Taken down by an A-Wing
Death Star 2 - Blown by an X-Wing and some garbage.

Get to the back of the line, Y-Wing!
Your missions in Rogue Squadron 1 sucked, anyways!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Death Star 1 - Blown up by an X-Wing
Super Star Destroyer - Taken down by an A-Wing
Death Star 2 - Taken down by an X-Wing and some garbage.

Get to the back of the line, Y-Wing!
Your missions in Rogue Squadron 1 sucked, anyways)!
Wedge only destroyed the shield generator of the generator of the second deathstar, the Millenium Falcon brought that thing down.
He was barely a wingman.

Surfinn

It's nice to look here when you're having a bad day to realize they're filming another SW episode as we speak.

These little updates make the wait bearable.

inm8num2

Who Is Noah Segan Playing in STAR WARS? (BMD)

Segan, who up until now has been a dear friend of ours, will give us absolutely no indication as to what his role is in the still-untitled eighth episode of the beloved franchise.
So when Noah took off for London recently, we all knew he was going to Pinewood for Star Wars, and we naturally assumed we'd be waved into his inner circle of privileged knowledge. But when pressed for details, suddenly Noah's good pals at BMD were on his pay-no-mind list. Ghosted. That's messed up, Noah.

:)

Lmo911

Y-Wings were ugly as sin anyway.

Though it wouldn't kill them to upgrade the look.

Y-wings are the best because they're ugly and clunky.

latest

They're supposed to be stripper models of these thrown back together for the rebels. Think of them as big bomb dropping hot rods.

We need some B-Wing in the mix though. Those are my fav.

The OG Y-Wing toy was awesome, though, because you could remove all the engine struts and a few other pieces and when you were playing it looked like an awesome crash happened if you shot it down.

8xvSDf7.jpg

(oldest pic I could find)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I loved that scene, it was a nice bit of action and cool world building. Like you said, classic Han Solo stuff. It made a lot of sense to me, being reintroduced to Han and right away he's in trouble lol

The funniest thing in the movie is way Chewie nods when the gangsters say Han ripped them off twice before. Cracks me up every time.

It's a classic because it came out in 1977 and was revolutionary on a technical level and had a story and characters that people liked. It was great and still is.

For me The Force Awakens has better acting, dialogue, characters, a story that has more depth and is more interesting, better cinematography, and pacing. It's better to me in a number of ways.

Just because something is a classic for whatever reason doesn't make it technically better. It came out four months ago, so no, you're right, it's not a classic.

this all day

A New Hope is straight classic, but to me a good analogy for the two is Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2... both are in the same vein, and one stands tall as the original, but the follow-up is just head and shoulders better overall.

TFA=ESB>ANH>ROTJ>Guardians of the Galaxy>Galaxy Quest>Turds>Prequels

Sephzilla

I still doubt that people will think that high of TFA in 10 years as they think of ANH

I don't think this is a fair comparison though because there's literally no way TFA can make the same lasting footprint ANH did. A New Hope changed movies in a big permanent way.

Sephzilla

If Episodes 8 and 9 end up being well received just like TFA (or received better than TFA), then TFA is going to be remembered fondly because it will be the point in time where the franchise got pulled out of the George Lucas dark ages.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They will look at it as the rebirth of a franchise, because thats what it is.

the best of all 7 maybe not, but the rebirth. Its a very important movie.
And thats the way it should be remembered, because, and this is now my opinion (because I am going against the opinion of other people...) I can only shake my head when people say that this one is supposed to be better then anything of the OT.

Sephzilla

And thats the way it should be remembered, because, and this is now my opinion (because I am going against the opinion of other people...) I can only shake my head when people say that this one is supposed to be better then anything of the OT.

I straight up think The Force Awakens is better than A New Hope. A New Hope is a great historic movie but I kind of feel like nostalgia goggles blind people to its rough spots. But I'm admittedly a bit of a minority in general because I think A New Hope is the weakest of the OT.

It's the start of a new era of Star Wars, but I think it's a genuinely great Star Wars film as well. Which puts it above Jedi for me. Jedi has greater highs but TFA is better paced, better looking and just more enjoyable to me.

johnnywheels

Neo Member
If Episodes 8 and 9 end up being well received just like TFA (or received better than TFA), then TFA is going to be remembered fondly because it will be the point in time where the franchise got pulled out of the George Lucas dark ages.

I completely agree, TFA will hopefully carry the reputation they have rolling

I love the A-Wing/B-wing/Interceptor/etc, but why not some new ships? People will be able to know it's Star Wars even if they don't wear the OT like a suit of clothes.

Sephzilla

I love the A-Wing/B-wing/Interceptor/etc, but why not some new ships? People will be able to know it's Star Wars even if they don't wear the OT like a suit of clothes.

I'd be cool with just updated versions of the OT ships (TFA's X-Wing has some minor differences). The ships in ROTS weren't that radically different from the ships in the OT either.

Top Bottom