• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws' Director: 'Bad Faith' Discourse About Protagonist's Appearance 'Not Worth Engaging In'

PaintTinJr

u67rm1q.jpeg

And here’s how she looked like while making the game

In the real world, the lady has her Outlaws scan plastered over her Instagram, with lots of happiness from the feature.

Meanwhile a flood of clowns here are getting their panties in a twist talking about how Ubisoft “did the actress bad”.
You are being disingenuous because that is not how she looked when they cast/interviewed her for the part to know how she as an actor naturally looked, and she didn't look like that with an audio headset on while being scanned for the model.

Where's the video this selective still comes from, to even see if this is representative of how she looked while making the game? Whereas it clearly isn't selective that the resemblance of model in game footage has little correspondence to the actor.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Please, this is Star Wars hardly a franchise known for its narrative, beautiful women and great scripts

If the game is anything like Avtar I think it will be great. So far the game looks amazing
Well if you are talking disney star wars I can almost certainly agree with you. The OT tells a very different story though. But nevertheless you changed your goal post to "wont see much of her" to "what is seeing dosent matter anyway because is star wars and is mediocre" wich I can almost certainly agree, will probably be mediocre, but again in heavily narrative/story driven games is a big problem, because now you have mediocre story and ugly people to look for. Easy to see someone choosing to ignore this dumpsterfire. But if you can enjoy only for the gameplay and ignore all the rest and have fun, more power to you bro.

Well if you are talking disney star wars I can almost certainly agree with you. The OT tells a very different story though. But nevertheless you changed your goal post to "wont see much of her" to "what is seeing dosent matter anyway because is star wars and is mediocre" wich I can almost certainly agree, will probably be mediocre, but again in heavily narrative/story driven games is a big problem, because now you have mediocre story and ugly people to look for. Easy to see someone choosing to ignore this dumpsterfire. But if you can enjoy only for the gameplay and ignore all the rest and have fun, more power to you bro.
I mean all the Star Wars films none of which were going to win awards for scrips or story, never mind films noted for having stunning looking females in it. Well I guess Leia and Amidala were hot, but I don't care what the main character looks like since it's a 3rd person game and you'll spend most time seeing the back of the main character and I feel the same for the new Fable too

I've never looked to play a Star Wars game expending an amazing script or story. This game will be no different, I just hope it is a good fun adventure game.

Ozriel

M$FT
You are being disingenuous because that is not how she looked when they cast/interviewed her for the part to know how she as an actor naturally looked, and she didn't look like that with an audio headset on while being scanned for the model.

Where's the video this selective still comes from, to even see if this is representative of how she looked while making the game? Whereas it clearly isn't selective that the resemblance of model in game footage has little correspondence to the actor.

You are being disingenuous because you’re comparing a particular press shot posted repeatedly in this thread to how she’d look like without any makeup or filters on.

Lol @ ‘selective still’. This is how she looks like.

2cd9bck.jpeg

It’s hilarious how you’re wailing that the game model has little resemblance to the actress, meanwhile the actress in question is happily posting the game shots on her socials and thanking the team for the opportunity.

BlackTron

I mean, holy shit you going to tell the person what they like and how to play games too huh?

Someone playing a game for fun, is now some wild "argument"?

Christ man, you can't make this shit up.

@Woopah I'm ok with that if its like a open ended type story or something, but because this game is about "outlaws" and its character driven, it makes sense for playing 1 character.

I think he just meant the same standard doesn't apply to Outlaws as Mario because Mario is a cartoon character with almost nothing but "Yipee!" in-gameplay lines whereas this is a character-driven game with dialog, cutscenes and realistic graphics meant to represent a live-action film franchise. So applying the same logic to Mario as this doesn't really make any sense. This is almost excruciatingly obvious reading his post but of course you would interpret that as FUN IS SOME WILD ARGUMENT NOW???

True, but it can also be some screw up.

So you're agreeing it's true that nobody could ever screw this up by mistake, except also it can be a screw up. TY for this addition.

I'd still side with the director (or really any game director tbh). It is their game and they don't need to change anything,

I already said in another post that they should be able to make any game they want, but we are also allowed to have any opinion about it that we wish. If we don't like something, they don't have to change it. We can simply not buy it. Just automatically "siding with" any game director is the same as siding with the director of a shit movie because hey, their vision. They absolutely had the right to make their shit movie and anyone else has the right to like or dislike it.

The issue here is, what someone thinks is ugly or pretty is simply too subjective to think that someone disagreeing with you be disingenuous. There cannot be a true or false here. If you feel she is ugly, that is your view, I cannot tell you that such a thing is "true" or "false" as...fuck am I suppose to do? Enter your mind?
Thus, someone who disagrees and thinks she is fine, pretty etc, that is their view of that person. Such a thing cannot really be a true or false to then be "disingenuous" sir, that makes zero sense and I feel its like you guys are so triggered folks disagree with you, that you believe it just must not be real vs SHOCK someone has an opinion that is different then yours.

So...I never doubt your views, if you feel she is ugly, I believe you feel that way for real.

Least you can do is provide that same respect back as its almost as if you guys are confused that we have free will or something lol

Beauty is subjective, but don't pretend that there aren't obvious standards of beauty and ugliness. A story about a hunchback having a great personality sending the message "anyone can be beautiful on the inside" can only exist due to the assumption that the hunchback is seen as ugly by most people. No one needs proof that the artist didn't mean to make a beautiful character but due to their own personal standards we got an ugly one. This alone demonsrates that 1) even a child can understand the intent of the creator based on context and 2) that generally accepted beauty standards exist.

This is as bad as saying "how do you know they didn't mean to make the princess ugly, but made her pretty to most people due to their unique ugly standards, and we'll just never know because we can't read minds". Now THAT'S some disingenuous BS lol. You know that princess is supposed to be beautiful, and they made her that way to match a painfully obvious beauty standard, fuck all what the artist thought, they did a job. Most people don't need to be mind readers to figure this out especially as a continued trope/pattern.

Something else equally obvious is going on in intentionally making characters look ugly, you just happen to present your complete lack of perception to it as a badge that makes you better than anyone who...doesn't need mind-reading powers to see patterns the way most people do without trying 🤷‍♂️

BlackTron

My point is that a lot of this is centered on some brutal grabs of scenes where the interaction between their models and the environment aren't up to snuff.

Idk how much extra work it took. Maybe a lot, maybe a little. I imagine body/face scans generally need touching up. Probably taking artistic license as often as not. Maybe someone with experience can chime in.

My point was though, I think the good pictures are being ignored because it takes some of the air out of this.

I’d assume they made her nose crooked to imply she’s been in a lot of brawls.

Maybe. It might seem less egregious in the absence of everything else done to make the actress look worse. I'm assuming the double chin wasn't a glitch in the face scan and took extra work. Yeah, it looks like they walked back on that. But that just shows that the agenda to uglify characters is there and that they are grappling with toning down her appearance in the most subtle/passable ways they can to "get away with it". It's trying to reach this balance where they make her as little more attractive than themselves as possible out of spite while damaging sales the least.

PaintTinJr

You are being disingenuous because you’re comparing a particular press shot posted repeatedly in this thread to how she’d look like without any makeup or filters on.

Lol @ ‘selective still’. This is how she looks like.

2cd9bck.jpeg

It’s hilarious how you’re wailing that the game model has little resemblance to the actress, meanwhile the actress in question is happily posting the game shots on her socials and thanking the team for the opportunity.
And that image still looks a million miles away from the model - just like I said.

Wrong developer ideology is driving the train, which you are repeatedly failing to acknowledge, and the actor wins regardless: "All publicity is good publicity"' especially when you are an unknown like she is.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I think he just meant the same standard doesn't apply to Outlaws as Mario because Mario is a cartoon character
None of that matters btw, someone can play any game for fun, being realistic doesn't mean someone is not playing for fun or something. I"m buying this game day 1 and I don't even care about half of what you guys have been crying over regarding this, I'm buying to just play it for fun lol So I do that with lots of games btw, doesn't matter if they are "cartoon" looking or not, so if they want to buy it for fun, I don't see this as a argument o have.
So you're agreeing it's true that nobody could ever screw this up by mistake, except also it can be a screw up. TY for this addition.
? Nope, I agree that the nose being bent like that COULD be based on some intent to say she is a brawler or tough or got in some past fight, I also say in that very same post it could just be a screw up.

Stop trying to force some fake ass argument man, I make very clear what I'm saying in that post and even offer many perspectives on why they may have done it with intent and why it may be some error or something, but that is simply an example on her nose.
I already said in another post that they should be able to make any game they want, but we are also allowed to have any opinion
Never said you couldn't, but that same respect needs to be provided to other users on this thread man, its like anyone who states otherwise is attacked on here.
"siding with" any game director is the same as siding with the director of a shit movie because hey, their vision.
I side with any creator that wishes to not engage with someone based on a choice they make in their work.

If its good or bad is irrelevant as my point has nothing to do with if I think a work is good or not.

No director of anything NEEDS to change shit for either side.

Create your own work if you disagree with em.
Beauty is subjective, but don't pretend that there aren't obvious standards of beauty and ugliness
No game needs to go with that standard bud, even if you wanted to cry till your blue in the face about that point.

No game needs to go with any standard of anything you are talking about and the entire idea of this is completely subjective.

Literally RIGHT ABOVE YOUR POST

"I don’t get the argument with this one either, she’s hot"
No one needs proof that the artist didn't mean to make a beautiful character but due to their own personal standards we got an ugly one. This alone demonsrates that 1) even a child can understand the intent of the creator based on context and 2) that generally accepted beauty standards exist.
Most people don't need to be mind readers to figure this out especially as a continued trope/pattern.
obvious is going on in intentionally making characters look ugly
doesn't need mind-reading powers to see patterns the way most people do without trying 🤷‍♂️

Yea, so this whole zero proof, no evidence, nothing to actually prove anything doesn't help your point. This is literally the bluehair argument (even before we called em that) lol ie "Nathen Drake shirt is tucked in because of agenda"

When asked for actual fucking evidence of any of this...it was as follows

"WOW, its so clear EVEN A CHILD COULD SEE"

"Its soooo OBVIOUS, they are INTENTIONALLY DOING IT for AGENDA"

"doesn't take a mind reader to see, its soooo obvious"

Its the same "omg I can see it so clear bro, you just don't want to see it" argument

Soooo I can't run on something based on this loose, flimsy assumption.

No one needs proof that the artist intended to make her hot! I mean look at her, even a CHILD COULD SEE she is HOT!
People don't need to be mind readers to see she is hot and girls have been getting HOTTER in games
Its sooo OBVIOUS they intentionally made her really pretty
Doesn't take mind reading power to see this BlackTron BlackTron OMGz lol

lol I'm sure you really believe what you believe btw, but relax on this wild idea that someone disagreeing with you is this impossible thing.

BlackTron

No game needs to go with that standard bud, even if you wanted to cry till your blue in the face about that point.

Never said that they did. The only (again, obvious) point was that your assertion that we can't "prove" anything because we can't read minds is silly. This isn't happening because someone is told to make a character look good, and this is someones perception of "good". It's happening intentionally and it's painfully obvious to anyone who can spot a pattern.

If this were the only game, of course. Once is an artistic vision or a mistake. Every time is a pattern. Seeing a pattern develop for years is not "no proof" just because you can't "prove" each individual case in a vacuum. Come on.

None of that matters btw, someone can play any game for fun

Where is this even coming from? Who ever said, don't play games for fun? Literally the only reason to play any game ever. What does being cartoon or not have to do with that? It's like answering the actual points is too scary so you auto-generate endless strawmen to bitch about from the text like an AI.

You really live up to your tag man. Have a good one.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
y. This isn't happening because someone is told to make a character look good, and this is someones perception of "good". It's happening intentionally and it's painfully obvious to anyone who can spot a pattern.

Yet no proof huh?

Oh, you do have proof I'm sorry, its "painfully obvious" is your proof lol

Its ok if you really, really believe this, but this whole thing with saying its clear or its "obvious" isn't evidence of anything other then your belief.

Its "painfully obvious" they made her sexy and hot, I can see it and even a child can see it, you don't need to be a mind reader, anyone can see this.

Have you tired opening your eyes to see how hot she is?

See, I can do it too =)

MiguelItUp

I see what you are saying. Sorry didn't mean to lump you in with other comments. 1:1 scans/digi double are a whole other contract deal and in another price range. Depends on the target. Are we auditioning for likeness and voice for this role? Or maybe Just a likeness scan and we will hire an actor for the voice? The actors look may not fit with the other characters in the game world, so then the artist does tweaks so that the look sits in line with other characters and is believable in that world. IMO the actress looks to clean for what they described her character as being in that world. So the artist made her look like she's in some fights and can take a punch. Everything you described is part of the story telling of that character and sometimes you cant get that with just a head scan.

It can be engine quality. Lighting can be the largest culprit. If not done right it will ruin a look.
No sweat, it's all good! Yeah, that's more-so what I was thinking. I think it can be assumed that they thought she was "too clean" and just decided to give her some traits to "rough her up a bit", makes sense. It'll be interesting to see more effort put into scans to give actors/actresses/models more of a unique look in the future. Just don't think we've seen it before, or at least often. I just thought to some degree it felt like a bit more extra work. But to be real, it's not THAT much. I've always wanted to work with a studio that did scanning and mo-cap, or something very similar/adjacent. I've worked for plenty of studios, just not one that has done such a thing.

Totally, and they exist. I feel like those are the culprits that are being thrown around the most as "evidence", lol.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Yet no proof huh?

Oh, you do have proof I'm sorry, its "painfully obvious" is your proof lol

Its ok if you really, really believe this, but this whole thing with saying its clear or its "obvious" isn't evidence of anything other then your belief.

Its "painfully obvious" they made her sexy and hot, I can see it and even a child can see it, you don't need to be a mind reader, anyone can see this.

Have you tired opening your eyes to see how hot she is?

See, I can do it too =)

Are you intentionally acting like you didn't read my post or are you really that inept?

When you quoted my post, did you just intentionally remove the parts that address the entire basis of your response?

StereoVsn

I don’t get why the discussion always goes to extreme of equating a wish for aesthetically pleasing characters to being a horny teenager.

There is a big difference between the two. As to this particular use case, what kills me is facial bone structure, especially lower face/chin, it’s just extremely strange for a female face.

Also, character running skeletal animation looks off for some reason as well as arm swing when punching/hitting enemies, like that head bonk, lol. 😂

As far as the hair and outfit, I kind of get what they are trying to go for here with 80s vibe. They just aren’t doing a great job, but that’s IMO and all that.

Ozriel

M$FT
7 pages about the character's face when instead you should focus on the garbage AI, horrible animations/takedowns, shoddy performance, uninspiring gameplay, etc. When did gaf turn into twitter? Some of you should just hang out with Grumzz and the other twitter dumbasses who focus on the wrong things. Abbey was also not very pretty in TLOU2 but at least that game played and looked awesome.

Yep. There are very real concerns about how the game will play, and my biggest issue with the protagonist is how she’s able to easily melee heavyweight tier opponents.

But this whole discourse about her look is extremely childish and daft. Unless one is a grifter like Grummz and literally makes money from this type of shit.

Crayon

I’d assume they made her nose crooked to imply she’s been in a lot of brawls.

Maybe. Some of the most famous faces have notable quirks. Princess Di's nose was hella crooked. Maybe she would have liked it to be straight but I don't think many of her admirers would. It could just be there to give her character.

Does anyone think she looks anything like the voice actress at all? I don't see much resemblance. Not sure if she's supposed to in the first place.

Crayon

star-wars-outlaws-kay-vess.jpg

I think that seventies shag is throwing people off.

star-wars-outlaws-solo-connection-qi-ra.jpg

Funny, same pose but looking up a bit. Anyways, here it even looks like a movie poster from 40 years ago.

I had to look up the character's name so I don't keep calling her star wars girl. It's Kay.

Untitled-design-13-1.jpg

^^^That's not the same person at all. Is it mentioned anywhere that she's 'starring' in the game or they are otherwise using her likeness?

The actress doesn't really look the part anyhow. The baby fat makes her look vulnerable. Maybe naïve. Lil baby.

starwarsoutlaws_kayvess_shoot_first.jpeg

Kay looks a lot tougher than that. It's a whole different face. Yes, more masculine.

Grace-Jones-GettyImages-85353710-1.jpg

^^^ Masculine, tough. If you don't like it, tell it to the world because Grace Jones was considered one of the most beautiful women in it.

...God I am procrastinating so much. I have to go in to work today :< ...

main-qimg-cdc856503779c113ce5668e4cc78eb34-lq

^^^ Here's an example of a girl with masculine features and a natural look. Small eyes, square jaw, and even that butt chin everyone is tripping on.

Actually, Kay looks way, way, more like this girl than the actress. And for my money, this girl is hands down more attractive than the actress.

Back around to that hairdo. That and the wardrobe point strongly towards them going for a period look.

Female beauty ideals change, going hand in hand with fashion. Going from the 70's into the 80's, the body for instance went from delicate and slender (Farrah Fawcett) to tall and broad shoulders (Brooke Shields). Couture was designed for these bodies and they were on beer commercials.

Beauty ideals of the face also changes. Bushy eyebrows came back the 80's. The last time would have been in the 20's or 30's I think.

Okay I'm rambling I should really get going ...

Last edited:
I don’t get the argument with this one either, she’s hot, she just has terrible 80s hair and dresses like a man….or rather, dresses practically for her combat role
agree, tho it's actually worse. she has terrible '80's hair, that's been even more terribly graphically reproduced. it's dumb & unnecessary, as in i'm kinda amazed that no one at massive said 'whoa! the hair looks awful! like a mop! re-do!', but, hey, here we are...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hair is awful. Looks like a mop or wig.

Face wise, pending the gaming pic can be good looking or odd. The glamourized artist's rendition painted pics look the best.

But hands down, better looking than a lot of other frumpicized characters in games compared to their good looking models used.

Bernardougf

Never said that they did. The only (again, obvious) point was that your assertion that we can't "prove" anything because we can't read minds is silly. This isn't happening because someone is told to make a character look good, and this is someones perception of "good". It's happening intentionally and it's painfully obvious to anyone who can spot a pattern.

If this were the only game, of course. Once is an artistic vision or a mistake. Every time is a pattern. Seeing a pattern develop for years is not "no proof" just because you can't "prove" each individual case in a vacuum. Come on.

Where is this even coming from? Who ever said, don't play games for fun? Literally the only reason to play any game ever. What does being cartoon or not have to do with that? It's like answering the actual points is too scary so you auto-generate endless strawmen to bitch about from the text like an AI.

You really live up to your tag man. Have a good one.
You should know checkin edmix post history that he have only two lines of argumentation no matter what social/race/gender subject he is advocating for, 1- You cant proove anything because you cant know what were the motives behind 2 - strawmaning some point you definitely didnt make .. and he cicles between 1 and 2 until you give up.

Its really a waist of time having a honest conversation with him, but you tried your best, congrats.

I'm not even that anti-woke. I am just genuinely curious why Western developers use attractive female models for their characters and then end up with something that looks nothing like what they are based off. Capcom doesn't seem to have this problem and curiously Western developers have no issue with male characters. I just don't understand why you get a model in the first place if you going to just disregard the entire look and do your own thing. They are either terrible artists or it's purely political and I don't understand the politics.

Bernardougf

I mean all the Star Wars films none of which were going to win awards for scrips or story, never mind films noted for having stunning looking females in it. Well I guess Leia and Amidala were hot, but I don't care what the main character looks like since it's a 3rd person game and you'll spend most time seeing the back of the main character and I feel the same for the new Fable too

I've never looked to play a Star Wars game expending an amazing script or story. This game will be no different, I just hope it is a good fun adventure game.
Thats very fair.. I personally consider Princess Leia and Padame very beautiful and sexy characters but also strong and important/pivotal to the plots... Empire Strikes back is between my 10 best movies of all time, it transcended mere sci-fi sword fight to a very meaningful movie, the whole OT trilogy is beloved because of its story and good developed characters, swoed fights and star fights were always secondary to a good overall plot (the third movie is ok at best but with a nice ending).
We can agree on disagree on the importance and quality of the story of the OT.. but your points are more than fair.. have a nice game mate, hope you enjoy

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not even that anti-woke. I am just genuinely curious why Western developers use attractive female models for their characters and then end up with something that looks nothing like what they are based off. Capcom doesn't seem to have this problem and curiously Western developers have no issue with male characters. I just don't understand why you get a model in the first place if you going to just disregard the entire look and do your own thing. They are either terrible artists or it's purely political and I don't understand the politics.
It's a political thing.

A lot of western artists are your weird, anti-social, hate good looking women smooth brains. But funny how the hunky actor hired looks basically the same in the game.

The artists dont like good looking women getting attention. And a hot model who already gets attention in real life, would just be getting more attention in a game. So they feel left out. But if they take those pics and mocap and make them frumpy like themselves, it makes them feel good they defeated a good looking woman, and if gamers plays a character that looks dumbed down it makes them feel good gamers are playing that character - because it makes them feel empowered they are the matching character.

VulcanRaven

agree, tho it's actually worse. she has terrible '80's hair, that's been even more terribly graphically reproduced. it's dumb & unnecessary, as in i'm kinda amazed that no one at massive said 'whoa! the hair looks awful! like a mop! re-do!', but, hey, here we are...
The game is set during the original trilogy so 80s hair makes sense.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

u67rm1q.jpeg

And here’s how she looked like while making the game

In the real world, the lady has her Outlaws scan plastered over her Instagram, with lots of happiness from the feature.

Meanwhile a flood of clowns here are getting their panties in a twist talking about how Ubisoft “did the actress bad”.
Uh? She's beautiful, the in game character is Matt Damon from Team America with a 80s Mel Gibson hairstyle.

Meanwhile clowns don't see this and consider it perfectly normal lol

VulcanRaven

Uh? She's beautiful, the in game character is Matt Damon from Team America with a 80s Mel Gibson hairstyle.

Meanwhile clowns don't see this and consider it perfectly normal lol
Look at the picture few post above. She looks good there. I think some are just picking bad shots to make the character model look worse than it is.

Last edited:
I don't care about the female protagonist or how she looks. But the game genuinely looks like Ubisoft open world game #27. Open world with barely any original contents. Just do this, do that, fetch quests that looks exactly like Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, or The Division side quests. Absolutely mid tier recycled gameplay. The thing about Ubi open world game is that if you've played one, then you've pretty much played all of them.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Look at the picture few post above. She looks good there. I think some are just picking bad shots to make the character model look worse than it is.
She looks nowhere near as beautiful as she does in real life.
Let's just cut to the chase here, all western companies are doing everything to make females look ugly in an attempt to make ugly M2F trans look "normal".

It's so pathetic even a child could see through it.

Last edited:
She looks nowhere near as beautiful as she does in real life.
Let's just cut to the chase here, all western companies are doing everything to make females look ugly in an attempt to make ugly M2F trans look "normal".

It's so pathetic even a child could see through it.

I swear, it’s like half of you are cartoon characters. Yes, why consider a number of reasonable and plausible explanations when you can opt for convolution and needless complexity?

But hey, if this ludicrous fight against windmills is what you need to make your own life seem more worthwhile than it probably is (I mean, I’m sure its riveting to be this paranoid and self-involved) then you do you.

Solarstrike

Was thinking, you know what? They'll probably be character skins and even mods. Maybe she's an alien or android underneath and what we see is a "skin"? She's uncomfortably unpleasant to look at in her initial presentation in the game. Maybe her "look" changes?

Last edited:
I feel like if the main character looked like Leia from Star Wars (1977) many would complain that she isn't attractive enough.

Probably. Let’s face it, she was never really considered hot because of her looks, but the combination of being sort if cute and being a sassy princess badass in an action scifi movie.

And speaking of goofy hair…to the point of being parodied in Spaceballs

Carrie Fisher What GIF

Last edited:

Stooky

No sweat, it's all good! Yeah, that's more-so what I was thinking. I think it can be assumed that they thought she was "too clean" and just decided to give her some traits to "rough her up a bit", makes sense. It'll be interesting to see more effort put into scans to give actors/actresses/models more of a unique look in the future. Just don't think we've seen it before, or at least often. I just thought to some degree it felt like a bit more extra work. But to be real, it's not THAT much. I've always wanted to work with a studio that did scanning and mo-cap, or something very similar/adjacent. I've worked for plenty of studios, just not one that has done such a thing.

Totally, and they exist. I feel like those are the culprits that are being thrown around the most as "evidence", lol.
i’ve worked with both diji doubles and characterized models. i prefer characterized. For Diji doubles to look good everything has to be on point to not crash into uncanny valley. it’s hard to maintain that across an entire game. Characterized is more forgiving in that aspect.

lmimmfn

I swear, it’s like half of you are cartoon characters. Yes, why consider a number of reasonable and plausible explanations when you can opt for convolution and needless complexity?

But hey, if this ludicrous fight against windmills is what you need to make your own life seem more worthwhile than it probably is (I mean, I’m sure its riveting to be this paranoid and self-involved) then you do you.
No complexity, if you can't see it across the industry then that's on you, but you know already what it is. Keep pushing that woke agenda hoping no one notices!!!

Top Bottom