• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Outlaws - Kay Vess Appreciation Thread

Bluecondor

It really needs to stop. I'm not going to give any more money to companies that do this.

She looks worse than the first game, but it's definitely not as bad as some other games. They of course had to make her a lesbian in the DLC.
I only played the first HZD, so as far as I'm concerned, Aloy is still the cool "girl next door" type who has no idea how hot she actually is.

FoXJqRE.png

OuBz08i.png
wOuFe8f.png

But here’s one for the EviLore EviLore horror show: 😈

co6dx3D.png

(These are all off Series X in quality mode sized down to hit the 2mb png limit but otherwise untouched)

It really does have that Seinfeld/two-face‘ thing going on like; sometimes she looks good, then suddenly she’s looks like a ghoul, exactly like someone else mentioned in an earlier post (sorry I can’t remember the user to credit)…

Last edited:

JayK47

She is literally the two faced chick from Seinfeld. I haven't played the game, but maybe cutscenes are different character models than the in game model. It is weird how she can look ok in one shot and awful in the next. Let me stress that, at best, she only looks ok.

I will be honest. I do still want to play this game a little bit. I plan to eventually get it once it has been patched up and on sale. And complete with all DLC.

That literally makes no sense. Why would a trans gamer be offended by an attractive woman?

Separate question: why would anyone give a shit even if that were the case? What are they: like 0.2% of gamers?
Dont kill me, Im just the messenger. Why are there genderless bathrooms? She, he and they pronouns, etc? Who knows why, but there has to be an explanation for why western devs are giving female protagonist traits you would associate with masculinity.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
I don't know what to make of it ... I am enjoying the game but this seems like some sort of own goal that could easily have been avoided. Why go this route? Surely they'd seen the feedback. I remember Black Widow on the Avengers game having some negative feedback during some of the previews and they made some subtle but welcomed changes. Why not here? I'll avoid going any conspiracy tin foil hats on this one, but it just makes zero sense. An unnecessary screw up IMO. I mean they could have at least done something with the hair, the color is all off with the skin tone, makes her look washed out ... don't know what they were thinking.

Vick

Gold Member
It's the dumbass top of the head part of the haircut, with a normal haircut she would look 10x times better and less puffy.

I saw even more flattering pics of her here on gaf.

My dude Vick Vick should have an entire folder if i remember well.
Well, since I've been summoned:

ij2cAtX.png

50jfLEm.png

f0Y7CxR.png

aBJhpxl.png

sgvJRJE.png

31GpYGe.png

bftpfzX.png

gSB7ARS.png

t08ztNM.png

XLZzf8D.png

She looks like a 17 year old boy that plays high school football.
hannah-hoekstra-gaat-niet-zomaar-kleren-in-films.jpg

Looks like her model, with a stupid haircut and much bigger jugs.

JqDUNff.png

AAipDYx.png

TVc0AZ4.png

DaGwaphics

I mean they could have at least done something with the hair, the color is all off with the skin tone, makes her look washed out ... don't know what they were thinking.

Agreed. I've noticed the hair thing in a lot of games this gen, somehow they must have changed how they are going about it. Many times the hair doesn't look like it belongs in the scene in some way or another or looks gray, last gen games didn't have this problem nearly as much. In this particular game the hair looks flat in a lot of the shots.

RickSanchez

Aloy's face is a little chubbier than the face model's... that's about it.
It's not even that. There were a couple of frames (literally just two frames) in one of the trailers in which she appeared a bit chubby because of unfortunate camera framing. In the rest of that very trailer, she looks gorgeous. And in-game as well, she looks gorgeous. A carbon copy of her face model Hannah Hoekstra. But you gotta farm internet points somehow and apparently hating on Aloy gets you a wave of internet points on GAF for some stupid reason.

It's not even that. There were a couple of frames (literally just two frames) in one of the trailers in which she appeared a bit chubby because of unfortunate camera framing. In the rest of that very trailer, she looks gorgeous. And in-game as well, she looks gorgeous. A carbon copy of her face model Hannah Hoekstra. But you gotta farm internet points somehow and apparently hating on Aloy gets you a wave of internet points on GAF for some stupid reason.
I think she's cute in the game and her dry humor makes her more so. But she definitely, at the very least, looks different than the first game. It was the first thing I noticed when I played the game for the first time. Maybe it's because she looks even more realistic this time around. I have no problems with her appearance, though. She's definitely not chubby in the game. Her haircut annoys me, however. It's pretty blatantly obvious what they've done to Kay's face in Star Wars compared to the actress that she's modeled after, and for anyone that doesn't notice that either needs glasses, or they need their existing prescription upgraded.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

It's pretty blatantly obvious what they've done to Kay's face in Star Wars compared to the actress that she's modeled after, and for anyone that doesn't notice that either needs glasses, or they need their existing prescription upgraded.
For Kay, i agree. She looks nothing like Humberly Gonzalez. Which is a shame because Humberly Gonzalez is beautiful. What's more inexplicable is that they scanned Humberly's face and then spent extra time & effort to change the in-game face model to look different. I mean forget the politics of it for a second, surely it would have saved time and money to just use the scanned face as-is.

For Kay, i agree. She looks nothing like Humberly Gonzalez. Which is a shame because Humberly Gonzalez is beautiful.
Yeah. It's ridiculous. They could have saved time by picking any average looking rando off the street or even someone from within the company.

What's more inexplicable is that they scanned Humberly's face and then spent extra time & effort to change the in-game face model to look different. I mean forget the politics of it for a second, surely it would have saved time and money to just use the scanned face as-is.
That would be logical, but game devs lately don't use logic.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

I personally think a lot of the woke/DEI complaints are really stupid, and a waste of people's energy, and I'm generally all for broader representation, more body positivity, and changing our ideas regarding the spectrum of what we should consider "beautiful". But even I am like... this is weird. This is a very weird decision. I mean, she literally looks like some kind of goblin in EvilLore's gif?

I don't need to feel that female video game characters are super fuckable, or even like "cute" necessarily? But this is just way beyond any of that... this can't be said to be about making a character more "real", or gritty or edgy a la Ellie in TLOU2. This just comes off as a weird, unnecessary decision.

Last edited:

Gorgeous is a huge stretch.

kunonabi

The aloy model is absolutely chubbier but it's mostly a problem because of her hair which makes her nothing but face. It gives off a huge Bobby Hill effect. That's why those shots with the helmet look so much better.

Last edited:

Peroroncino

It’s even funnier when the discussion of “realistic women” never bounces to “realistic men”. All the guys want to play as this:

troy GIF

something something toxic hypermasculine power fantasy

I never really understood this argument, it's ok for men to want to play as ideal versions of themselves, but somehow is sexist and oppressive for women when the same idea is applied.

Last edited:
That photo of Humberly González in the first post.

Oh my god, that's a seriously good looking woman.
Yes. Anyone defending this nonsense need to raise their white flag already. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyeballs and more than two brain cells to rub together can see what they’ve done to her appearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom