• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens video release date, editions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Went ahead and pre-ordered the Best Buy steelbook. I just like them too much to pass up, and I missed out on getting the one for Mad Max by waiting a few days to debate about it.

Savitar

Getting the cheapest blu-ray, if only because I know I'll be eventually rebuying it in a 4K trilogy set someday.

We'll have a ton of options as the years goes on. Disney can mine all the movies separate or together in so many ways you can basically see it raining money.

mattp

you know, it's super lame that studios put out all these "collectible" releases of movies and give them the most fucking half-assed packaging ever
you couldnt put ANY new art or effort into those covers?
it all screams "get an intern to just slap some promo material everyone has seen 10000 times on each cover"

edit: the best buy exclusive fury road steelbook was great

netguy503

3D isn't coming out till later in the year.

Thought it might be another Disney Frozen situation. NA didn't get the 3d version (and I believe still doesn't even though it was said to be coming. Man, Disney could make alot of money releasing Frozen in 3D here) but UK got it.

Fjordson

I will buy this in some form.

Don't love any of the covers, but I dig steelbooks so might just get that. Also excited they're putting in a documentary. One of the few home video bonus features that I actually watch.

dcelw540

Ehhhhhhhhh that steelbook looks pretty halfassed. They could have done so much more with it.

Ya im so conflicted, i want steelcase but the normal bluray case is probably going to look the best since i'll be the theater poster

EpicBox

Note: The 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available later this year.
Fuck you Disney.

I hope the 3D version gets a nice looking box/steelbook because the Marvel movies always put worse covers on the 3D Blu-Rays.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I preordered it on iTunes the other day. Not sure if I'll get a physical copy. Maybe if eventually there's a 4K version and I get a 4K TV.

rjinaz

Sweet! Already redeemed the digital hd version through Disney. It's awesome that in about 4 weeks I'll be watching this in my home on VUDU!

Just asked DeLauzirika on twitter if he's the guy behind the documentary on the 2nd disc.

If it is, chances are this release will be worth it for that alone.

I'd actually consider it if they put the title on the spine. Putting the posters on it was such a bad idea.

Prefer the Dark Side packaging.

11216152-2144371077918937.jpg

Anth0ny

Fucking hell for a film with such awesome art to pull from (they released an entire hardcover book full of it!) these are some shitty, lazy, boring box arts.

Plain black/white backgrounds with a Star Wars logo? A bunch of posters hastily photostopped together? Come on.

Ohwiseone

If DeLauzirika did the documentary, then that will make up for a lack of commentary

Shit, they have a full part regarding the lightsaber battle, I think I'm more excited for that then the deleted scenes

Kas

Now if only I could find a place to get the other 6 without having to spend almost $100, I'd be all set.

I'd actually consider it if they put the title on the spine. Putting the posters on it was such a bad idea.

Prefer the Dark Side packaging.

11216152-2144371077918937.jpg

I'm wondering if the image that Zavvi are showing is not the final version. You would think it would be the same as the steel book in the US that Bestbuy have. It doesn't really make sense not having the title on the spine or the front.

forceawakens-bluray-combo-bestbuy.jpg

Shy

Sorry for the stupid question.

But in the uk is the digital version Itunes only. ? the reason i ask is Amazon is letting you pre-order the digital version. ?

I wondering if that's a mistake on their part.

I'm wondering if the image that Zavvi are showing is not the final version. You would think it would be the same as the steel book in the US that Bestbuy have. It doesn't really make sense not having the title on the spine or the front.

786936849912;canvasHeight=330;canvasWidth=640

You would think so, but a lot of Disney's steelbooks in the UK have poster art on the spine instead of the title.

-shadow-

Plus Deleted Scenes? Now that's the really good news! I've been wanting them since I noticed a few weird cuts in theater and saw some news on deleted scenes before going into the film (and even in the trailer). I hope it'll include all of them.

GhaleonEB

Is the blu-ray / DVD combo up on Amazon yet? I can only find the regular blu-ray for $20. Really going back and forth on that BB steelbook.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'd go with the BB-8 cover if I could choose.

Too bad we'll probably only get a single cover here in Brazil :~

-griffy-

Banned
Is the blu-ray / DVD combo up on Amazon yet? I can only find the regular blu-ray for $20. Really going back and forth on that BB steelbook.

I don't think there is a Blu-ray only release, so that's probably it. They'll probably update the listing at some point with the correct info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom