• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

aznpxdd

Why would you guys even use the party chat in the first place? Just...use the spectator chat and stop bothering the people who are actually playing.

aznpxdd said:
Why would you guys even use the party chat in the first place? Just...use the spectator chat and stop bothering the people who are actually playing.

Because they were doing it to annoy us.. like he said. :\

BTW - We need to do some 2v2 ladder. I think we did one or two but I havent seen you online much during the evenings as of late :(

enough with all the bickering. just dont play with him again if you dont want to. Nuff said.

And I wholly abhor the idea that warhammer is taking rts in some bold new direction. It aint, at all. All it's doing is removing base building and plopping down some baldur's gate or dungeon siege in place of the bases. Command and Conquer 4 does the RTS name even worse.

Starcraft and its ilk is what RTS is about. I bought DoW, it's expansions and DoW2 and enjoy them all to a degree, but what I despise about the direction these games take RTS into is that there is a sad lack of REAL RTS while everyone jumps on the RPG bandwagon.

I think it sums it up quite nicely the comment someone made a long time ago in this thread: blizzard experimented with war3 at first being exactly like DoW2 with missions and just running around with heroes and several units and no bases, but then quickly added bases back in after realizing IT WAS NOT AS FUN.

I fully believe these two types of RTS can coexist, I really do. But RTS is a genre with probably the least games being made in the past and forthcoming years, and they have all lately been going with the DoW2 approach or trying stuff that belittles the classic gameplay like RA3 and its water-building stress, forced co-op campaigns and strange superpower mechanics. Thank God for starcraft 2 or else we might have gone even longer without a more classic base building approach for those of us who feel the same way as I do.

Ice Monkey said:
enough with all the bickering. just dont play with him again if you dont want to. Nuff said.

And I wholly abhor the idea that warhammer is taking rts in some bold new direction. It aint, at all. All it's doing is removing base building and plopping down some baldur's gate or dungeon siege in place of the bases. Command and Conquer 4 does the RTS name even worse.

Starcraft and its ilk is what RTS is about. I bought DoW, it's expansions and DoW2 and enjoy them all to a degree, but what I despise about the direction these games take RTS into is that there is a sad lack of REAL RTS while everyone jumps on the RPG bandwagon.

I think it sums it up quite nicely the comment someone made a long time ago in this thread: blizzard experimented with war3 at first being exactly like DoW2 with missions and just running around with heroes and several units and no bases, but then quickly added bases back in after realizing IT WAS NOT AS FUN.

I fully believe these two types of RTS can coexist, I really do. But RTS is a genre with probably the least games being made in the past and forthcoming years, and they have all lately been going with the DoW2 approach or trying stuff that belittles the classic gameplay like RA3 and its water-building stress, forced co-op campaigns and strange superpower mechanics. Thank God for starcraft 2 or else we might have gone even longer without a more classic base building approach for those of us who feel the same way as I do.

Yea I love both playstyles. And I commend Relic for bravely moving it to a new direction and being successful.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Wedge7 said:
God, stop shitting up the thread.

I agree. This thread used to be about us non-beta invitiees complaining about our loyalty to Blizzard not paying off and whatnot. You "chosen ones" have nothing to complain about in this thread but how work and family life aren't giving you enough time to play SC2.

Assemble, us bastard users, and let our abandoned feelings ring out together!

ahoyhoy said:
I agree. This thread used to be about us non-beta invitiees complaining about our loyalty to Blizzard not paying off and whatnot. You "chosen ones" have nothing to complain about in this thread but how work and family life aren't giving you enough time to play SC2.

:lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ahoyhoy said:

$50 to upgrade from sad user to hated Beta goer.
Honestly surprised. Probably because accounts are much harder to sell than keys.
*Even someone selling keys for $80 now

nilbog21

Banned
i think theres another wave out.

fuck me ;[

fk1ici.jpg

aznpxdd

Yeah, I've actually been thinking of including a couple of ghosts in my MMM build. The only hard counter I've seen against MMM is storm and a couple of EMP + snipe should take care of that.

The last platinum game I played, my allie was such a retard. He mistook my MMM for enemies' and fucking stormed them to hell. He's lucky I already wiped out half of last enemy's base when he did that. -_-

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm moreso impressed that he made Ghosts :lol
the ghosts were jerks too. sniping observers, distracting my collosi by shooting from a ridge. the nuke wasn't as big a deal. :lol

KnightM7

Banned
Frodo-Teabaggins said:
I hate how Blizzard completely undid years of RTS evolution by companies like Relic, by essentially releasing the exact same game as 12 years ago, and sadly it'll sell infinitely more copies and be infinitely more popular than something like Dawn of War 2. And no, I'm not a Warhammer fanboy, I just think Relic has brought the RTS genre in an awesome direction, and I have no interest in "going back to the 90s" with StarCraft 2. There's a reason RTS games have changed over the last decade.
You could have at least used a different example from Relic. Some fan is gonna make a dawn of war type game through SC2's map editor and it'll be infinitely more fun and popular than that game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
panda 25w-19l ranked 8 in division.
floyd 25w-18l ranked 14 in division.

how does that work? :lol

oh well, blizzard will be reseting the ladder soon, so i wont have to climb over all these older players.

Pandaman said:
panda 25w-19l ranked 8 in division.
floyd 25w-18l ranked 14 in division.

how does that work? :lol

oh well, blizzard will be reseting the ladder soon, so i wont have to climb over all these older players.

You match agst harder opponents.

ATM they haven't nailed the matchmaking down to just your league.. its agst other leagues to attempt to find the fastest match. Its noted on the message of the day soon as you log in on bnet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
nilbog21 said:
I'm not. i'm walking into a random office building tomorrow strapped w/ dynamite

Come on man, if you're going to rage, at least have a method.

Personally, I'm going to be headed to Irvine with my dynamite vest.

Terproerg

dam all this info bout a new wave is making me check my email so often lol. ah well, fun watching the videos on youtube though.

edit: im canadian too, but i doubt that has anything to do with the no keys.

Wedge7

Sweet 2v2 Game commentated by Rise.

Game is pretty awesome, long, and goes back and forth quite a bit. I posted it because their's a plethora of 1v1 games but not too many 2v2's, and this had tons of awesome action, games looked like it could go either way multiple times.

Lz Gamer + Incontrol vs some ex-War3 players so its not a game of random scrubs.

Highly recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D54CKRHZzs&feature=player_embedded - Part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_V-_qE6eGo&feature=player_embedded - Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvAdDYZtjVg&feature=player_embedded - Part3

Top Bottom